OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 73.
#301 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

New game has ZERO relation to old game, and will not affect value of the original JP. So be happy you made a sale.

O I'm happy I made the sale, and the buyer is thrilled to bring it home to his daughter. I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that demand spiked for BK and BK2K after BKSOR was announced.

#302 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

No movie clips and you all do not care? Crazy! Yes we come from a dmd era where animations
could pull you in the game but with the lcd you need clips from the movie. Or is this also based on a comic book.

Yes, it’s disappointing that there may not be clips featuring the actors from the movies. I’m sure we’d all love to have our favorite scenes included, but I assume the licensing of this IP is a nightmare. Hopefully the animations and callouts will be good. Any possibility that a minor actor did any callouts?

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

O I'm happy I made the sale, and the buyer is thrilled to bring it home to his daughter. I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that demand spiked for BK and BK2K after BKSOR was announced.

I will say i EASILY traded my bk2k for a spiderman a few weeks after SOR was announced.

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

NO MOVIE CLIPS! I seem to remember JJP Pirates getting savaged for no movie clips. Will this game be treated the same if there is truly NO movie clips? Why even do the game then, why not just do your own Dino themed game? I can't believe they can't use clips from the movie when all the dinos are CGI!
That makes no sense, other than Spielberg is the producer of all the movies and won't allow it. I think this is a really really really bad sign for any possible JAWS pinball!

I kind of wonder if this will be the trend from now onward. Wonka got tore apart also for not having synced audio.

Stern saving cash for sure. Though I'd somewhat prefer more original artwork. No reason clips and art can't be used together though....

#305 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

No movie clips and you all do not care? Crazy! Yes we come from a dmd era where animations
could pull you in the game but with the lcd you need clips from the movie. Or is this also based on a comic book.

Don’t get me wrong from my post above, I do care and ideally yeah I’d love to see some of the iconic scenes from the movie in the game but I think with animations they could re make those scenes more pinball related like having the t-Rex eat the pinball off the toilet.

Potential is there for some cool stuff and yeah it’s disappointing there’s no movie clips but I’ve got the movie on blu ray, I would rather have voice clips those I’ll probably miss a little. But it Stern save $$ not having movie clips and actually put those $$ onto the playfield I’ll take that option everytime.

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from calsheimer:

Any of the recent games I can think of with clips are mostly hokey to me. Thinking GotG and Wonka for starters. Animations a la Deadpool seems like a workaround to make the game feel more complete and integrated w/o dealing with the complications from clip licensing.

I agree that movie clips aren't a must-have. It's all about how they use them. GotG movie clips can get repetetive if you're starting modes multiple times. Then you have something like JJP PotC that doesn't use clips, but they do incorporate the actors likenesses and make it work. DeadPool isn't based on the movies, so the "old video game" style was an inspired idea in my opinion.

Quoted from JodyG:

I like the idea of all animated clips instead of original movie clips and original characters...that's actually a selling point for me.

Without clips, likenesses or voice call-outs, what makes it Jurassic Park? Music and a drawing of Newman?...sorry, I mean Nedry? I don't have any skin in this game, as I'm probably not in the market again yet, but why not call this 60 Million BC and save the license money. Are licenses really that cheap?

#307 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I kind of wonder if this will be the trend from now onward.

It's a trend moving backward; GOTG

#308 4 years ago

I think Keith will make this a great game.

Number one reason for my interest.

And Dinosaurs are fun

Hoping the toys are going to be great as Stern have saved a fair bit with the way they have done the game.

#309 4 years ago

Just a point of procedure - if posting about next stern game do I need to copy post in the 32 other next stern game threads?
Just want to follow protocol

#310 4 years ago

Jeep or explorer on a spring?

#311 4 years ago

Reading the early feedback on this shows how much Stern bias there is among Pinsiders. No clips, no voices, and posts on the playfield. JJP and Spooky have been reamed over the last year for these. But when Stern does it, folks are ok with it. All I can say is, thanks Stern for saving me money. Jurassic Park : the Animated Series Pinball is an instant pass.

#312 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Reading the early feedback on this shows how much Stern bias there is among Pinsiders. No clips, no voices, and posts on the playfield. JJP and Spooky have been reamed over the last year for these. But when Stern does it, folks are ok with it. All I can say is, thanks Stern for saving me money. Jurassic Park : the Animated Series Pinball is an instant pass.

Stern has ruined my life.

#313 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Reading the early feedback on this shows how much Stern bias there is among Pinsiders. No clips, no voices, and posts on the playfield. JJP and Spooky have been reamed over the last year for these. But when Stern does it, folks are ok with it.

Yeah that's a super good point.

Nobody around here ever criticizes Stern about anything.

#314 4 years ago

Did i miss something, how in the world do we know there are no movie clips from a low res spy shot?

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Jeep or explorer on a spring?

I think i spot a jeep there, but why does it have such big wheels? Is it interactive maybe?

#316 4 years ago

Is the reveal going to be today.

#317 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Stranger things! By far based on theme alone. not even a question in my mind. I dont watch it, but I hear people talk about it enough to know it is hot right now.
Aside form that, I think B&T and Jurassic are good also as they hit the right amount of old duded like us will dig it plus new kids are into that 90s nostalgia.
Honestly if it has a cool toy, then JP could do very well.
Toy = bring in noobs
Dinosaurs are cool no matter what so license means less
JP = hot for old dude nostalgia
JP/JW new movie coming out at some point so work that angle
Also, original JP game was reasonably popular so people that are none pinheads will remember it.
The TOY will be very important for a new JP to be good more than the first month.

just saw where they released a stranger things skateboard. So I guess people are jumping on the shows popularity.

#318 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Is the reveal going to be today

I hope we at least get some better pictures. So far this looks like it could be a ton of fun.

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

I think i spot a jeep there, but why does it have such big wheels? Is it interactive maybe?

Agree that certainly doesn't look like the 1992 Jeep Wrangler YJ Sahara

#320 4 years ago

And what are the two metal standing strips on the left back in front of dino?

#321 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

just saw where they released a stranger things skateboard. So I guess people are jumping on the shows popularity.

Could say they are riding on its success!

#322 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

And what are the two metal standing strips on the left back in front of dino?

Guess it’s supposed to be the electric fence the t-Rex breaks through in the films.

#323 4 years ago

Screw movie clips. TWD has maybe the best display of all time. Well-drawn, interactive animations that pull me into the game more than a TV clip ever could. So glad JP2 will use original animation.

How's JP2 for an acronym? Or...
EJP - Elwin Jurassic Park
SJP - Stern Jurassic Park, but also super jackpot, which is confusing

#324 4 years ago

If the Jeep is on a spring I hope everyone trashes the shit out of it like for the tie fighter. Lol

#325 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

How's JP2 for an acronym?

best

#326 4 years ago

From FB Kaneda

Jurassic Park Details.

3 Flippers
Game has ZERO actors from the film on it (yikes!)
Big T Rex head on the back corner that looks like its busting through fence. He moves and grabs ball off the ramp.
New artist
Up-down bank in front of velociraptor bank on Prem/LE
500 LEs
No movie clips
CGI animated clips like in Iron Maiden
Has original theme song
LE is green armor
Jeep toy is on a horizontal spinner like Black Knight flail.

#327 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

From FB Kaneda
Jurassic Park Details.
3 Flippers
Big T Rex head on the back corner that looks like its busting through fence. He moves and grabs ball off the ramp.
New artist
500 LEs
No movie clips
Has original theme song
LE is green armor

Is kaneda in on an LE for a few weeks before canceling?

#328 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Has original theme song

Has the original theme song, or has a new and original theme song?

#329 4 years ago

Dinosaurs and Jeeps. I am in

#330 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Is the reveal going to be today.

I heard Thursday

#331 4 years ago

Pinside be like:
Last week: "F STERN!!! Burn them at the stake!!!!!!REEEEEEEEEE SSTTTTEEEEEERRRRRNNNNNN!!!!!!
Literally Right Now: "I want to have Stern's baby!"

This place always delivers

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Pinside be like:
Last week: "F STERN!!! Burn them at the stake!!!!!!REEEEEEEEEE SSTTTTEEEEEERRRRRNNNNNN!!!!!!
Literally Right Now: "I want to have Stern's baby!"
This place always delivers

nah...

Last week was the same as this week... Excited for new pinball. Except this week, we ACTUALLY get a new pinball worth talking about rather than a bait and switch.

#333 4 years ago

My favorite game of all time is Iron Maiden. To another Elwin is an instant buy for me. Can’t wait to see hires pics and game play.

#334 4 years ago

So is it confirmed No audio clips from actors too? Movie clips I can deal with as animations look great in these games but NO audio either? Or is that still who knows?

#335 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

My favorite game of all time is Iron Maiden. To another Elwin is an instant buy for me. Can’t wait to see hires pics and game play.

Same, same, same. If anyone is in the market for an IMVE or Metallica LE, I might have to let something go to justify this purchase. But I don't wanna!

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So is it confirmed No audio clips from actors too? Movie clips I can deal with as animations look great in these games but NO audio either? Or is that still who knows?

I take it as no images, video or voice work from any actors. But...they did get the main theme song I guess.

#337 4 years ago

Animated scenes with the actors voices would be cool?

#338 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

From FB Kaneda
Jurassic Park Details.
3 Flippers
New artist
500 LEs
No movie clips
Has original theme song
LE is green armor

Yikes...Jeep on a horizontal spinner means it spins like a helicopter rotor.

I’d rather a Jeep on a spring, jeeps bounce not spin!

#339 4 years ago

The photo looks like the LE...I wonder how much gets deleted for the Pro level game?

#340 4 years ago

Is that a papo velociraptor in front of the building ?

#341 4 years ago

Will there be a Dinos vs. Monster trucks edition with the monster truck replacing the Jeep?

#342 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So it’s a spinning Gobstopper?

#343 4 years ago

I have not been paying attention to the Stern® Rewards Program™ with respect to the new releases as they come out (I just found out about it, and am eligible)... is there a delay on the machines on the Rewards Program with new titles?

I'm in for one of Keith's games, and will be happy with either. Would just know if that's an option in the next couple of months.

ifpapinball ?

#344 4 years ago

what about sJP for the acronym?

#345 4 years ago

(to follow)

#346 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

trex spins the jeep in Jurassic Park, iconic scene! dont give up hope for a helicopter though! this pin is seriousley loaded, can't wait!

#347 4 years ago

Pics are out there. Come on guys

the-truth_1200x1200 (resized).jpgthe-truth_1200x1200 (resized).jpg
#348 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The photo looks like the LE...I wonder how much gets deleted for the Pro level game?

My first thought as well.

#349 4 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

trex spins the jeep in Jurassic Park, iconic scene! dont give up hope for a helicopter though! this pin is seriousley loaded, can't wait!

She spins the Explorer.

#350 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

My first thought as well.

About 4k worth

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 14.95
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/7?hl=jray23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.