OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 73.
#3551 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This is like working with classic Stern for god sakes

Bringing back that retro feel

#3552 4 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Wow, that's really premature. We've had issues with a good number of the newer Stern coil stops that fail just like this, but not yet on JP. Now I'll have to go check the audits! Did you find any "gold dust" falling down into the bottom of the cabinet? That's usually the tell tale sign they're breaking up and will start binding soon.

They weren't wearing... literally the plug just separated from the bracket. Looks like the plug was not properly riveted in place... no significant mark on the back where they are normally pressed

#3553 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The one I played on location the first day it was unboxed flipped well. A week later I went back and the flippers were in bad shape. I have never seen a Stern’s flippers deteriorate so much in just one week.

Ask them to check.. super easy to see... as the stop is clearly missing when you look at the bracket even when installed. (The stop slides into the plunger sleeve)

#3554 4 years ago

WTF Stern?

#3555 4 years ago

That’s ridiculous, they should be mocked mercilessly for shipping games that can’t last a week on location before complete playability failure. Part of their new marketing plan, “our games are so cheap they’re unplayable!”?

#3556 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

That’s ridiculous, they should be mocked mercilessly for shipping games that can’t last a week on location before complete playability failure. Part of their new marketing plan, “our games are so cheap they’re unplayable!”?

Well it’s only two reported cases so far, so maybe we should put the brakes on flippergate for now.

#3557 4 years ago

I really hope they revise this stuff

#3558 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Well it’s only two reported cases so far, so maybe we should put the brakes on flippergate for now.

for sure, again I doubt some of these problems are as widespread as some make it out to be.

#3559 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Ok, I’ll put my pitchfork away ...for now.

#3560 4 years ago

My LE spot is up for grabs at cost, message me if interested.

#3561 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Stern's self-destructing coil stops is a long running problem. This is just an example of how bad it's gotten where the parts aren't just wearing poorly, they are completely defective.

They have a parts supply issue.. and they haven't really addressed it.

#3562 4 years ago

A lot of unhappy campers here
Stern has definitely left a stain with the quality issues.....

#3563 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Stern has definitely left a stain with the quality issues.....

Totally. They better have a kick ass all time theme coming up to get them out of it!

#3564 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They better have a kick ass all time theme coming up to get them out of it!

These playfield issues are unacceptable! I'm not buying another Stern until everything's perfect.
farleyangry.giffarleyangry.gif
Stern announces Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
schmittsgay.gifschmittsgay.gif

#3565 4 years ago

Just buy an le or premium and you'll be fine, pros are a real crap shoot! Test model.

#3566 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Just buy an le or premium and you'll be fine, pros are a real crap shoot! Test model.

This is affecting more than just Pro model games. If it's only happening to test models why are Iron Maiden's produced in 2019 (over a year after they were first produced) still having the issue? I do agree that the first batch of games produced by any manufacturer (which in Stern's case is Pro model) are more prone to need fixes or have minor issues compared to later run games.

I would venture to guess that the reason that we may be seeing it more on Pro's is because most locations buy Pro models and those games get the most plays. A Premium or LE with 200 plays or whatever isn't as likely to show the issue.

#3567 4 years ago

This is incorrect and just trolling. I never had a problem with a PRO. Tron, XMEN and TWD. All perfect playfields. Guess something was changed along the way in the playfield prep or materials for some to have issues. I'm sure they'll figure it out and stand by their product.

Quoted from PoppyCock:

#3568 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

You say this often!!!

#3569 4 years ago
E1F1D222-E3E5-4C7E-A6D7-E06DAA62D0F4 (resized).pngE1F1D222-E3E5-4C7E-A6D7-E06DAA62D0F4 (resized).png
#3570 4 years ago

This thread needs an enema

#3571 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

My LE spot is up for grabs at cost, message me if interested.

How is a LE preorder transferred?

#3572 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

This thread needs an enema

Here you go

enema-1553255444 (resized).jpgenema-1553255444 (resized).jpg
#3573 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

How is a LE preorder transferred?

The distributor said I could resell my spot. I can get the details from him when I have something lined up.

#3574 4 years ago

Pro on location at Token Game Tavern in Knoxville, TN as of last night!

2D753FE8-9E2E-404B-B81C-2095AF0773F0 (resized).jpeg2D753FE8-9E2E-404B-B81C-2095AF0773F0 (resized).jpeg
#3575 4 years ago

Man look how horrible that MB looks

#3576 4 years ago

That’s mine too. JP just got my AFMR LE out of the lineup which had been there since unboxing.

#3577 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Pro on location at Token Game Tavern in Knoxville, TN as of last night![quoted image]

I see Randy is already wearing it out

#3578 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

If this were new ideas... maybe.. but Stern has been using the same coilstop design since the 90s... and is not unique to these builds. So..

pic1187187 (resized).jpgpic1187187 (resized).jpg

#3579 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Coilstops between pro/prem/le are no different.. This happened to a location pinball, where the "Pro" is the right product-market fit.

#3580 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Coilstops between pro/prem/le are no different.. This happened to a location pinball, where the "Pro" is the right product-market fit.

The issue with the factory Stern coilstops is indeed the rivet. It fails prematurely. A properly built coil stop will very gradually mushroom on the end from many thousands of coil hits. These Stern ones will fall apart due to the rivet failing far sooner.

Put it this way, I keep enough Pinball Life spares around so when I pick up a new Stern I'm ready for the inevitable.

I have no idea why they can't or won't fix the issue, been that way for many years now. I guess they don't care enough to fix it. It's a bit sad really since it's a couple dollar part and having it fail so often hurts pinball operators the most, having a new game down for something so avoidable.

#3581 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

This is incorrect and just trolling. I never had a problem with a PRO. Tron, XMEN and TWD. All perfect playfields. Guess something was changed along the way in the playfield prep or materials for some to have issues. I'm sure they'll figure it out and stand by their product.

CCC/CGC made those playfields.

#3582 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

CCC/CGC made those playfields.

I’m hanging in there for my Premium I have faith that Stern will get this fixed quickly

#3583 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Unless it's something smaller and mechanical like Slimer, there is no time to wait around and try to use routed Pros as a test model. (Even then it was actually fixed first in second-run Pros...)

I'm not sure why you keep hammering this point unless you are trolling. It is incorrect and doesn't make any sense.

#3584 4 years ago

I think I am going to walk on my premium for now. Can't spend this much money on something that comes with flaws.

1 month later
#3585 4 years ago

Just played on location, and the left flipper was failing based on a coil stop game is about a week old. This is the second time I have played it the first time the Plunger was not usable because it was so badly aligned... Come on stern you make a great game but this stuff is just silly.

#3586 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I think I am going to walk on my premium for now. Can't spend this much money on something that comes with flaws.

Your loss. Best new game in years.

#3587 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Your loss. Best new game in years.

I would say good game but not best new game. Maybe best new game for Stern.

#3588 4 years ago

My LE came out of the box perfect. In fact, I’ve purchased lots of NIB games and the feel of the shots on this were so smooth, it felt like a step up for a Stern game in terms of quality. And I’m pretty critical. The T-Rex has been sucking up the ball just fine with it’s magnet. It’s pretty cool to see.

#3589 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Quoted from spandol:

My LE came out of the box perfect. In fact, I’ve purchased lots of NIB games and the feel of the shots on this were so smooth, it felt like a step up for a Stern game in terms of quality. And I’m pretty critical. The T-Rex has been sucking up the ball just fine with it’s magnet. It’s pretty cool to see.

I think its one of the best games put out by stern in years.

#3590 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

one of their bests no doubt

#3591 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Totally agree. My son who doesn’t like pinball has been playing and said today, “This game is actually pretty cool. “

#3592 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I agree. I like it.

#3593 4 years ago

I personally like the shots and rule design. Obviously some features will have to be added/more fleshed out in future code updates, but so far I'm enjoying it.

#3594 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

It’s way better then anything anyone else has put out ever.

#3595 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

All pinball games have flaws. Just a matter of which tradeoffs you are willing to make.

#3596 4 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Best game since TWD premium.

#3597 4 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I hope you're right! I say the same thing about Maiden, and I hope JP2 tops it (for me of course, your mileage may vary).

#3598 4 years ago

I think it's the best new game in years as well. JJPOTC is great as well, but I like JP2 more, and I own both.

I think it's hands down Stern's best game from the LCD era, and could end up their best game ever when the code is complete.

#3599 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Best game since TWD premium.

My JP Premium will be going right next to TWD Premium. Hopefully its soon. My distro said it should ship next week, but we shall see.

#3600 4 years ago

my JP LE came about 2 weeks ago, and its still in my garage on pallet. I dont have energy to open it, would it be safe in the garage during a Michigan Winter? Or can that cause some damage?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/72?hl=halfwasted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.