OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 73.
#3501 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Don’t get me wrong. I understand your point of view. I just believe it’s the expection rather than the rule. Yes, the cabinet brackets and service rails were a bad call by Stern, but I believe they fixed that.

Did you know those leg bolt plates you are referring to were used on tons of W/B pins? It's not a Stern thing.

#3502 4 years ago

Maybe they will do something cool with the button similar to walker bombs or some other neat idea.

Simply using it to select a mode or possibly the smart missile is just dumb.

#3503 4 years ago

I have similar clear coat mounding at some of the posts on my iron maiden. Not ideal, but no cause to run for the hills IMO. It's a pretty minor thing which no normal person notices. The only people who would even look close enough to inspect for such defects are Pinside lurkers. Everyone else is too busy playing the pin and having a great time.

This is simply another manufacturing defect, like the peeling head decals, which will get sorted out eventually. In the meantime I will contine to fully enjoy all the new titles without freaking out.

P.s. if your pin has some clear coat mounding at the post don't go poking and prodding at it. That can make it chip. The ball can't touch it.

#3504 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I have similar clear coat mounding at some of the posts on my iron maiden. Not ideal, but no cause to run for the hills IMO. It's a pretty minor thing which no normal person notices. The only people who would even look close enough to inspect for such defects are Pinside lurkers. Everyone else is too busy playing the pin and having a great time.
This is simply another manufacturing defect, like the peeling head decals, which will get sorted out eventually. In the meantime I will contine to fully enjoy all the new titles without freaking out.
P.s. if your pin has some clear coat mounding at the post don't go poking and prodding at it. That can make it chip. The ball can't touch it.

Could possibly affect the amount of money you get from a resale though if the buyers are aware and concerned about potential issues. If no plans to re-sell and you are comfortable then all good!

#3505 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

It chipped by itself on my friends Iron Maiden premium. Post near Clairvoyant target.

#3506 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Prospector used a polyurethene playfield, no clearcoat required!

I've owned Prospector and the playfield was wood . Heavy clear on it.

#3507 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Could possibly affect the amount of money you get from a resale though if the buyers are aware and concerned about potential issues. If no plans to re-sell and you are comfortable then all good!

I'm all good either way. I always price fair and I dont tolerate those who try to beat you down further on price over every tiny imperfection. There should be some tolerance for little blemishes when buying used.

#3508 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I see it is something around 2%.

Think most people are indifferent or just dont notice like myself. I only thought to look after i saw some posted a pic. I have that pooling on a few posts on my last two sterns. My WOZ, has bad chipping all around the outside of the munchkin playfield, dont have any other jjps other then that.

The clear chips alot easier, then the pre spike stuff.

Sucks, hope they fix it.

#3509 4 years ago

I heard stern had to decide to spend money on the movies assets or that damn button on the lockdown bar.....and they chose the button!!!!

I kid.....

#3510 4 years ago

Bottom is for newbies. A 7 year old walked up to JP and put quarters in. He hit the button and the game started just like he expected.

#3511 4 years ago

JP2 unboxing video brought a tear of joy down my cheek. Goldbloom’s character should be featured more prominently in Stern’s game. He’s sooo sexy.

Really looking forward to seeing the premium. Looks good in flyer and I’ll bet it really pops (that seems to be important). Plus it has the angry Dino head.

JP2 is going to be “ a winner” for Stern.

#3512 4 years ago

Just went 6 rounds on a freshly minted JP2 at Trent’s event. Played beautifully, like butter. also, no clear coat issues at the posts but had factory metal washers installed.

#3513 4 years ago

Any new owners opinions on if they like the pinball as much as they were hoping?

Would be nice to know the real story?
Is it better than Iron Maiden?
As fun as LOTR?
Was it a disappointment?

Please do share.

#3514 4 years ago

I like it much more than I could have imagined!

#3515 4 years ago

Its as great as of initial release as we've ever had in my opinion and probably will only get better.

#3516 4 years ago

How much have people been quoted premium JP shipped?

#3517 4 years ago

Everybody ready for the weekly update of Pinside 100? Expect to see a new #1 and for it to maintain that position into the foreseeable future. For 15 years we’ve had the same top five, minus a few brief periods of lust for new releases. This week’s contestant is the real deal. The world has changed and you were there!

#3518 4 years ago

It'll probably bounce around a little bit, before it settles in. Deadpool was all over the place.

#3519 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Everybody ready for the weekly update of Pinside 100? Expect to see a new #1 and for it to maintain that position into the foreseeable future. For 15 years we’ve had the same top five, minus a few brief periods of lust for new releases. This week’s contestant is the real deal. The world has changed and you were there!

Seriously? That would blow my mind! We need an un trenching!

#3520 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

classicgamerooms.com has them listed for 7499.00 with free shipping.

#3521 4 years ago

I really hope so. The good thing is they should be available for a long time, so I can wait a long time to see if something even more awesome is released.

#3522 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

classicgamerooms.com has them listed for 7499.00 with free shipping.

The right distributor will quote you about 500 less.

#3523 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

The right distributor will quote you about 500 less.

Who is the right distributor?

#3524 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Who is the right distributor?

Several I’m sure

#3525 4 years ago

Premium for 7k shipped??

#3526 4 years ago

I’d say a little (ok, a lot) premature. I’m sure it will debut high. Will it stay there 1-2 years from now? Time will tell. Lets at least wait until the Premium and LE versions are released before anointing Stern JJP GOAT.

#3527 4 years ago

CGC has remade the top 3. I wonder if they'll remake #4 TZ?

#3528 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Lisencing could be a big issue. Williams had to get the Likeness of Rod Serling, music, and TZ itself .

#3529 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I don’t think there is demand for it, nearly everyone that wants one already owns one and they frequently come available.

#3530 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I don’t think there is demand for it, nearly everyone that wants one already owns one and they frequently come available.

Absolutely right.
There are two clever choices they have in my opinion for their number 4. Not many produced of those pins and i expect high demand on:

Cactus Canyon
Big Bang Bar

#3531 4 years ago
Quoted from Shinemyballz:

Hey guys , i've been working really hard on these mods in anticipation for Jurassic Park to be released so FINALLY - Here they are !

Oh oh, sounds like Stern might be targeting your mod

https://www.captiongenerator.com/1495592/Has-Stern-taken-maximizing-profits-too-far

JP-grass (resized).jpgJP-grass (resized).jpg

#3532 4 years ago

Darn, That was my mod too! Except I was using this "Shrubbery"....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3533 4 years ago

I think this looks Jurassic Parkish.

legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpglegal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
#3534 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I think this looks Jurassic Parkish. [quoted image]

Ahhh thats why its called the stoned age!

#3535 4 years ago

Those mods are nice and all, but I think mine is gonna look more like this...

grow-huge-buds (resized).jpggrow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
#3536 4 years ago

My mod is designed to pull you in.

DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gifDAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
#3537 4 years ago

Spinners are great and look pretty cool in reflective metal. Adding some scenery to them might be even better.
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif

edit- think I found AP’s monkey.

#3538 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I put a $1000 deposit down on a premium with Fargo Pinball. Their price was $7299, no sales tax, free shipping and no credit card fee.

Game Exchange of Colorado is also priced at $7299, no sales tax & free shipping. You can pay with a check or they'll split the credit card fee with you(1.5%).

I opted to use my credit card with Fargo and get an extra 2% reward. FYI, $7299 is the lowest price Stern will allow the Premium to be sold at...or so I'm told.

They've both been great to work with!

#3539 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Those mods are nice and all, but I think mine is gonna look more like this...[quoted image]

You could hide the T-Rex behind those tops!

OogGVgR (resized).jpgOogGVgR (resized).jpgeaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).pngeaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
#3540 4 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

I put a $1000 deposit down on a premium with Fargo Pinball. Their price was $7299, no sales tax, free shipping and no credit card fee.
Game Exchange of Colorado is also priced at $7299, no sales tax & free shipping. You can pay with a check or they'll split the credit card fee with you(1.5%).
I opted to use my credit card with Fargo and get an extra 2% reward. FYI, $7299 is the lowest price Stern will allow the Premium to be sold at...or so I'm told.
They've both been great to work with!

I was offered a lower price but it’s a secret now that you say Stern has a limit.

#3541 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I was offered a lower price but it’s a secret now that you say Stern has a limit.

My price was even lower than yours but I cant talk about it

#3542 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I got a free beer with my order!

#3543 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Quoted from Green-Machine:

My experience it is all about what the mood of the distributor is in. One day you call and get a good quote, 3 weeks later you show up to pick up and pay and they are in a bad mood and pissy but go ahead like they are doing you a favor.

#3544 4 years ago

The flippers were weak on our local JP. Lifted the hood...

All three cool stops were like this...
BE63333A-2982-43A0-A5B5-7BD0351A494A (resized).jpegBE63333A-2982-43A0-A5B5-7BD0351A494A (resized).jpeg

Less than one week of play... 36k flips by the audits. Game build date aug 10

This plus the weak engineering on the flipper post have made it tough to keep this game earning :/

#3545 4 years ago

So glad to see the pros working out all the kinks before the big boys start production!

#3546 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Wow, that's really premature. We've had issues with a good number of the newer Stern coil stops that fail just like this, but not yet on JP. Now I'll have to go check the audits! Did you find any "gold dust" falling down into the bottom of the cabinet? That's usually the tell tale sign they're breaking up and will start binding soon.

#3547 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

[quoted image]
This plus the weak engineering on the flipper post have made it tough to keep this game earning :/

The one I played on location the first day it was unboxed flipped well. A week later I went back and the flippers were in bad shape. I have never seen a Stern’s flippers deteriorate so much in just one week.

#3548 4 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Did you find any "gold dust" falling down into the bottom of the cabinet? That's usually the tell tale sign they're breaking up and will start binding soon.

This is like working with classic Stern for god sakes

#3549 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This is like working with classic Stern for god sakes

Curse of the Seawitch.

#3550 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

[quoted image]

Sterns have had extremely sub-standard coil stops for years now. I don't understand why they can't rectify the problem, the replacements I get from Pinball Life are always just fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/71?hl=davijc02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.