OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 73.
#3451 4 years ago

Played my first JP pro tonight. Metal washers under star posts. No clear mounding around those or any regular skinny posts that I could see. Just one data point, but a hopeful one.

#3452 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Don’t get me wrong. I understand your point of view. I just believe it’s the expection rather than the rule. Yes, the cabinet brackets and service rails were a bad call by Stern, but I believe they fixed that.

My imdnLE has the crap brackets. I paid 12.5k CAD for that machine....

#3453 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

This is exactly why I have decided to never buy these pins NIB anymore. Starting with JJP WOZ LED board issues, Stern Ghostbusters PF ghosting and then cabinet splitting (on multiple recent titles), JJP POTC issues, etc.
How can these companies not get their act together and improve their QC with all the issues in recent years? Given what they are charging and what these pins cost, why do customers have to continue dealing with this stuff? Thats great that they will replace a bad PF, LED boards, or cabinets but who gets stuck with all the work swapping out pf's and cabinets? The same customer who just spent thousands of dollars to get something brand new.
Is it not a reasonable expectation that manufacturers take enough time to make sure this crap isn't happening before shipping games? I appreciate that these companies continue to make games and keep the hobby alive but what happened to quality and QC?

I'm not agreeing, but dang my Wonka LE has many mechanical issues right out of the box.
It's unplayable right now do to through ball troff troubles.
However it's an amazing game!
My JP2 is do next week so no worries.
Love this Hobby...

#3454 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I have cabinet splitting on my IM and play field issues on my POTC. Old Williams had problems too. I personally see less problems with Stern compared to Spooky and JJP.

When my 13 year old son got upset about Wonka machine going down last night I explain this exact fact him and pointed out all the stern pinball machines we've had none of them had any problems.
Zero!
That being said I'm a Jersey Jack Fan and prefer there machines.
Go figure

#3455 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Played my first JP pro tonight. Metal washers under star posts. No clear mounding around those or any regular skinny posts that I could see. Just one data point, but a hopeful one.

Pooling / mounding around posts is a way bigger issue than most people think right now. Iron Maiden’s from a year ago are just starting to chip now.

#3456 4 years ago

Fuck and I have ordered jp2 premium, my Star wars premium made may 2018 has nothing off this, the playfield is perfect.

#3457 4 years ago

I think people may be overreacting. There are only a few reports of any issues. I've seen just as many reports of No issues on the playfield. Time will tell of course, but I'm not worrying myself to death over it.

#3458 4 years ago

Curious if those with pooling issue have tried to remedy? On JJPOTC thread, one person explained you could remove star post and use a heatgun to warm and smooth the clear. He reported good results and that it was drying hard. Star post could then be returned with a washer underneath. Did that fix his problems for good??? Anybody tried anything like that on their Stern playfield?

#3459 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I think people may be overreacting. There are only a few reports of any issues. I've seen just as many reports of No issues on the playfield. Time will tell of course, but I'm not worrying myself to death over it.

Of course people are overreacting. Sure, in manufacturing, issues happen, while all customers expect perfection.
I do too, but Id say 20% of my newer games, JJP and Stern, have some type of issue.....So does my house, car, plumbing, wife, friends, etc.
It seems today that the power of social media today is also the enemy.
We can have events in extreme minority, elevated to a crisis.

Yes, we all want and feel we deserve perfection for our money, but may not stop to think how things are in reality....

With all my issues on new games, its annoying, but Im still happy as all, to be fortunate to have them.

#3460 4 years ago
Quoted from Aetos:

Fuck and I have ordered jp2 premium, my Star wars premium made may 2018 has nothing off this, the playfield is perfect.

Same with my ST Pro. and over 3500 games on it and 3 years old.

#3461 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

im going to emphatically disagree. i have 6 sterns in my biz. 5 have this issue. as well as a 2 week old JJP. this is the biggest issue i've seen in pinball manufacturing in my 15 yrs in the hobby.

#3462 4 years ago

They should send all the playfields to Bangladesh or some other place without any regulations, and use that good old toxic clear that seemed to work so well. The new environmentally conscious clear products appear to be inadequate.

#3463 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

They should send all the playfields to Bangladesh or some other place without any regulations, and use that good old toxic clear that seemed to work so well. The new environmentally conscious clear products appear to be inadequate.

I'm pretty much a tree-hugging pinko hippie, but I'll cosign this. All those Spanish and Italian pins from the '70s and '80s have godlike clearcoat. My unrestored Prospector and Farfalla look amazing.

#3464 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

im going to emphatically disagree. i have 6 sterns in my biz. 5 have this issue. as well as 2 week old JJP. this is the biggest issue i've seen in pinball manufacturing in my 15 yrs in the hobby.

A NIB game purchase is a complete gamble now with this issue. I am not gambling away 7k right now on a JP premium that I originally wanted. My friends Iron Maiden premium just started chipping after one year. This is going to be unbelievable.

#3465 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Of course people are overreacting. Sure, in manufacturing, issues happen, while all customers expect perfection.
I do too, but Id say 20% of my newer games, JJP and Stern, have some type of issue.....So does my house, car, plumbing, wife, friends, etc.
It seems today that the power of social media today is also the enemy.
We can have events in extreme minority, elevated to a crisis.
Yes, we all want and feel we deserve perfection for our money, but may not stop to think how things are in reality....
With all my issues on new games, its annoying, but Im still happy as all, to be fortunate to have them.

Completely disagree. 20% of new games having issues is not something to compare away. It's actually opinions like these that allow this BS to keep on happening...... And you know I'm a big fan of yours. Just totally disagree with you here

#3466 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'm pretty much a tree-hugging pinko hippie, but I'll cosign this. All those Spanish and Italian pins from the '70s and '80s have godlike clearcoat. My unrestored Prospector and Farfalla look amazing.

Prospector used a polyurethene playfield, no clearcoat required!

#3467 4 years ago

New Code Update!!!

https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/jurassic_park_pro-0_87_0.spk.zip

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/jurassic_park_0_87_0-README_PRO.txt

V0.87.0 - August 21, 2019
=========================
- Match - added Jurassic Park themed match sequence
- Bonus - Rescues scoring increased from 150K to 200K
- Bonus - Dino Captures scoring increased from 500K to 750K
- Bonus - DNA Combo scoring increased from 250K to 400K
- Left Inlane Up-Post - fixed an issue where the post would come up when starting Feed T-Rex Hurry Up when it was not supposed to
- Helicopter Shot - plunged shot filter will now only filter out the first shot
- Attract Mode - updated attract mode looping videos to have more variety and added more beauty shot videos
- Attract Mode - Last Game Scores and Game Over screen have been finalized
- Spinner - scoring base value for spins increased from 5K to 30K
- Super Spinner - multiplier decreased from 3X to 2X
- Super Spinner - perk will now boost +2X instead of +1X
- Super Spinner - activation sound updated
- Super Spinner - super spinner spin sound updated
- DNA Combos - each combo now awards 1M + 1M times number of DNA Combos collected
- DNA Combos - award text for display effect re-laid out and added explanation text
- Smart Missile - scoring increased from 5M to 15M point award until smart missile award functionality is finalized
- Raptor Locks - difficulty adjustments have been finalized
- Raptor Locks - music track has been added when you are one shot away from starting Raptor Tri-ball
- T-Rex Spellout - difficulty curve implemented
- T-Rex Spellout - adding instruction text
- T-Rex Event Ready - added new light shows to draw attention to T-Rex shot on left ramp
- T-Rex Feed Hurry Up - text laid out properly and added instructions to the background for what shots do
- T-Rex Feed Hurry Up - scores have been increased each shot you make a lit shot that resets the hurry up
- T-Rex Multiball - fast flashing insert for multiplier eligible shot is always flashing red
- T-Rex Multiball - added intro animation and sfx
- T-Rex Multiball - added total animation and sfx
- T-Rex Chase - added mode total animation and sfx
- T-Rex Chase - added TIME BONUS information line to mode total
- T-Rex Rampage - now scores 2M for the initial shot of the sequence and multipliers are shown in the awards
- T-Rex Rampage - initial shot now has text to explain details about combo multiplier shots
- T-Rex Encounter - added TIME BONUS information line to mode total
- King of the Island - added more text and UI icons for switch countdown to next award
- King of the Island - fixed an issue where the mode was not resetting it's award values between plays properly
- Chaos Multiball - fixed an issue where background text would disappear
- Chaos Multiball - cannot be started until other multiball's grace periods have expired (no stacking)
- Control Room Select - better selection choreography and wait for intro to complete before starting up-post warning
- Restore Power - initial spinner build display effect added
- System Boot - fixed an issue where the final shot was awarding 0 points instead of the total of all combo shots
- Advance Paddock - M-A-P spellout can now be progressed in timed modes
- Advance Paddock - now Left Ramp arrow blinks to indicate Advance Paddock is lit
- Paddock Bounty - all paddock specific dinosaur capture animations have been completed
- Paddock Bonuty - fixed an issue with the UI screens reporting the wrong paddock bounty score value
- Paddock Map - LCD looping map animation updated along with polished Truck and Path overlays
- Paddock Map - paddock info displayed with both truck's direction choices so an informed decision to shoot the truck or advance can be made
- Paddock Map - fixed an issue with spelling error for Stegosaurus paddock
- Paddock Map - first two possible paddock's helicopter shot will not time out
- Paddock Map - Ankylosaurus and Triceratops now spot the helicopter shot on trap target awards the same as Gallimimus and Brachiosaurus do
- Jurassic Perks - implemented EASIER INLANES perk
- Jurassic Perks - implemented EASIER LOOPS perk
- Jurassic Perks - implemented BOOST TIMERS perk (+8 seconds to Playfield X, mode, and multiball ball saver timers)
- Supply Drop - "Trap Lit" award now also spots the helicopter shot when you are in a paddock that is supposed to spot that shot for trap target awards
- Callouts - added Skill Shot speech
- Callouts - added followup speech for "You're Entering X Paddock" highlighting the number of rescues available
- Callouts - added award speech to all Control Room mode awards
- Callouts - added player (n) is up! speech and nag speech for inactivity
- Callouts - added time is running out callouts for timed modes
- Callouts - added fossil collection speech
- Callouts - added more jackpot callouts for multiball modes
- Sound Effects - many new sound effects added throughout the game
- Shaker Motor - adding more shaker motor events and choreographed shakes timed to many display effects
- High Score Tables - fixed an issue with a Minimum High Score adjustment value being lowered to keep all High Score adjustments in range
- High Score Tables - the above fix will cause all High Score values to be reset to factory default
- High Score Enter Initials - LCD interface updated to add Jurassic Park themed fonts and backgrounds
- High Score Enter Initials - music added during initials entry and sound effects adjusted
- Audits - game audits have been added for all Paddock Enter / Completions

- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'T-REX - SPELLOUT STARTS HURRYUP' - defaults to YES, which will start the Feed T-Rex Hurry Up on spellout completion, change to NO to always allow a choice of which T-Rex mode to start via Truck
- added 'T-REX - SPELLOUT DIFFICULTY' - defaults to MEDIUM, controls how hard and how many times the Truck needs to be hit to award a letter
- changed 'RAPTOR TARGET INIT. COMPLETIONS' - defaults to 1 raptor target set completion to light raptor lock
- removed 'T-REX SPELLOUT START DIFFICULTY'
- removed 'RAPTOR GATE MORE HITS EACH START'
- removed 'RAPTOR LOCKS DIFFICULTY'

- System - Updated to V2.33

#3468 4 years ago

Duplicate post

#3469 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Prospector used a polyurethene playfield, no clearcoat required!

Mine is just good old fashioned ink on wood, with some kind of clearcoat. Maybe they made 'em both ways?

#3470 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Completely disagree. 20% of new games having issues is not something to compare away. It's actually opinions like these that allow this BS to keep on happening...... And you know I'm a big fan of yours. Just totally disagree with you here

Not a problem. If I had stats from a reliable source that its 20% of new games, my opinion would be different.
I see it is something around 2%. Do you have info to share? Id appreciate it.

When I look at the Names and posts with issues, I tend to mentally add that up and guesstimate production numbers from experience. Thats always a guess.

Thanks!

#3471 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Not a problem. If I had stats from a reliable source that its 20% of new games, my opinion would be different.
I see it is something around 2%. Do you have info to share? Id appreciate it.
When I look at the Names and posts with issues, I tend to mentally add that up and guesstimate production numbers from experience. Thats always a guess.
Thanks!

I was using you as the source... Maybe you meant to say 2%?

"I do too, but Id say 20% of my newer games, JJP and Stern, have some type of issue."

#3472 4 years ago

Got it, I do get 20% issues but nothing serious....a glazed insert as an example, or a thin ghost line on my GB, a fleck in a clear coat. A switch adjustment,
wire connection.
For some, I respect this is very important. for me personally its not.

So my 2% of defects refers to clear coat chipping, which would be important to me over a fleck.

A visible run on clear vs one that isnt....I guess my OCD is going old age and excepting more.

I guess I meant that serious issues get magnified in quantity, based on social media....the wreck on the side of the road, the same person with an issue repeatedly posting.

Have we had a Poll that simply asks this question?

#3473 4 years ago

Code update went in fine...

#3474 4 years ago

Unofficial Pinside guessing stats aside. I think the fact that Stern is now installing those metal washers is an indication there is a problem.

#3475 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Unofficial Pinside guessing stats aside. I think the fact that Stern is now installing those metal washers is an indication there is a problem.

And I don't want to buy a game with those washers on!

So, I guess when they stop using them, problem is solved.

#3476 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Mine is just good old fashioned ink on wood, with some kind of clearcoat. Maybe they made 'em both ways?

Yeah, maybe it was a polyurethene clear coat (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sonic-prospector-new-arrival).

#3477 4 years ago

Jurassic Park Pinball: an sdtm unboxing

#3478 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yup. I even went back and watch the official Pro/Prem trailer video and there are no posts on either. This is a band-aid fix on a recently discovered problem.

#3479 4 years ago

I have a ton of time on the pro and this has to be one of the best initial releases ever in my opinion! I really love it but can't afford one of mine own at this moment but I will own one for sure. Can't wait to get to play it with the latest code and can't wait to get to see a premium or le in action!

#3480 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

I have a ton of time on the pro and this has to be one of the best initial releases ever in my opinion! I really love it but can't afford one of mine own at this moment but I will own one for sure. Can't wait to get to play it with the latest code and can't wait to get to see a premium or le in action!

It’s rock f’ing solid no doubt (insert soft clear joke here). I can’t wait to get my 3rd day on one tomorrow at a place where basically no one knows it exists. Lots of shots, fun, and has that same “breadth” that IMDN has for ways you can attack the game (which differentiates it from GB in the ladders as JP2 has so much more than the map).

However I will just thread drift for a moment and say that the Oktoberfest I played on location yesterday F’ing blew me away. Yes some of the animation styles are disjointed, but holy hell, what a nice shooting pin that’s fully loaded with a billion modes! I don’t think you can go wrong with a properly cleared JP2, but to those who are considering a JP2 Prem and haven’t played an Oktoberfest, may be doing themselves a disservice. That is a sleeper game and is light years better in shots than Houdini. Plus it had an immaculate PF.

It’s cool that there are options!!!

#3481 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Jurassic Park Pinball: an sdtm unboxing

Best unboxing video ever!! Love you guys!

#3482 4 years ago

Any new code updated videos?
Very interested to watch

#3486 4 years ago

Clearly the flyers weren't done by the playfield artist. Those triceratops and raptor are terribly out of place

#3487 4 years ago

Seems you can’t win with Pinside.
First everyone is like: ”I want my game now” “Why isn’t Stern building them faster”
Then when the clearcoat issues start appearing everyone is like: “They need to let the playfields sit longer” “They don’t let them cure long enough”
But I agree this is becoming more and more common it seems. Hope they get to grip with it.

#3488 4 years ago

Picked my game up last night and love it. My only complaint is the ball constantly hanging up in the raptor pit. I’m sure others are having this issues. What have some of you done to make this issue better?

#3489 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Picked my game up last night and love it. My only complaint is the ball constantly hanging up in the raptor pit. I’m sure others are having this issues. What have some of you done to make this issue better?

Any pooling around posts on these playfields? Watch the sling posts.

#3490 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Didn’t look. If I remember I’ll take a look later.

#3491 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

It happened on one of the streams, and happens a lot on location when I play. There are two 1-way gates IIRC. One into the Raptor, and one to dump out into Control Room. The latter can catch the ball between it and what's under. I wait for it to go into ball search and give a nudge during that. Works pretty well.

#3492 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Washers are installed under them.

#3493 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Washers are installed under them.

Hmmm. They know.

#3494 4 years ago

So what does the action button do??

#3495 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

So what does the action button do??

Chooses control room modes. Launches the ball (optional). KME recently said he doesn't like button presses, so I don't know why the game has one. But someone (maybe in this thread) suggested using it to launch the smart missile, and Keith liked the idea. So I wouldn't be surprised to see that in later code.

#3496 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Chooses control room modes. Launches the ball (optional). KME recently said he doesn't like button presses, so I don't know why the game has one. But someone (maybe in this thread) suggested using it to launch the smart missile, and Keith liked the idea. So I wouldn't be surprised to see that in later code.

Its definitely weird that it has a button when the designer doesnt like them and now has to come up with something for it to do after the fact. He did say he liked the idea of if being an option to launch the smart missile. Making the shot from the lockdown button would give you more points but you could still use the flipper buttons. (Similar to using the handles in demo man)

#3497 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Making the shot from the lockdown button would give you more points but you could still use the flipper buttons. (Similar to using the handles in demo man)

I like this idea

#3498 4 years ago

Man if it doesn’t have more use that to pick a control room mode (which you could have done with the flippers) and just possibly launch the smart middle that’s lame as hell and the button shouldn’t have been put in the game.

#3499 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Man if it doesn’t have more use that to pick a control room mode (which you could have done with the flippers) and just possibly launch the smart middle that’s lame as hell and the button shouldn’t have been put in the game.

I'd imagine center buttons are viewed as more input, the more modern, by marketing.

Sometimes they make sense, kinda. Here they entirely don't.

#3500 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

No Tie Fighter button Jamming please (I.e. run from T-Rex like with Junkyard’s Spike).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/70?hl=bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.