Topic Stats

• 3,584 posts
  • 530 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by Halfwasted
  • Topic is favorited by 95 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 411 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic1187187 (resized).jpg
2D753FE8-9E2E-404B-B81C-2095AF0773F0 (resized).jpeg
enema-1553255444 (resized).jpg
E1F1D222-E3E5-4C7E-A6D7-E06DAA62D0F4 (resized).png
schmittsgay.gif
farleyangry.gif
BE63333A-2982-43A0-A5B5-7BD0351A494A (resized).jpeg
OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3584 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 72.
#3401 31 days ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Should be the dilophosaurus with him hissing and the whole peacock neck thing happening.
[quoted image]

Aslong as it spits water at you while you play I’m down for that!

#3402 30 days ago

I managed to play a few games today at The Pinball Lounge....Holy Shit!, One of the best games released in some time!
The pro is loaded, and game play shows great depth. The shots are clean, and combo driven with ease.
I love the Truck Nuts!!!

What a great first impression! Thanks Stern!

(I must be losing it...Im looking for a picture of a JP unboxing that showed the underside of the playfield, and I cant find that pic....any help, please?)

#3403 30 days ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

(I must be losing it...Im looking for a picture of a JP unboxing that showed the underside of the playfield, and I cant find that pic....any help, please?)

I've found one on imgur, thanks to Owlnonymous :

7hFqcNA_d (resized).jpg
#3404 30 days ago

Ruh row raggy

26EAF084-5FEB-42F7-A0BF-CCA2E17ED0AA (resized).jpeg
296BAD30-ECE7-4CEB-9BA4-824FDF0141E9 (resized).jpeg

#3405 30 days ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Ruh row raggy
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Uh oh, better get Mirco!

#3406 30 days ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I've found one on imgur, thanks to Owlnonymous :[quoted image]

Thanks Peanuts! Patricks photos!!!

#3407 30 days ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Ruh row raggy
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Well, this sucks.

DBD72550-084C-4792-B9B3-94E3F200E71A (resized).jpeg

#3408 30 days ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Ruh row raggy
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

So there are problems with the Jurassic Park clear?

#3409 30 days ago

Nooooooooooo!
Damn I wanted a NIB, but if the clear coat pooling is happening on JPs then I guess its a HUO for me later down the road...
Bummer

#3410 30 days ago

Is this a puddle of clear or just a funky reflection or something?

Capture (resized).JPG

#3411 30 days ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

[quoted image]

Good question. I think I’m going back Friday to play some more. I’ll check that out too.

#3412 30 days ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Ruh row raggy
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Do Stern use Mirco?

Think I am going to have to hold off for HUO as soft clear would be a total pain to have to deal with.

And I really want this title!

#3413 30 days ago

I will say, this is the first incident I've seen. Perhaps it's a one off issue, or a very small %. Youd think if it was a widespread issue, there would he more reports by now.

#3414 30 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Do Stern use Mirco?
Think I am going to have to hold off for HUO as soft clear would be a total pain to have to deal with.
And I really want this title!

Depends on if you believe him...

Screenshot_20190821-075416_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#3415 30 days ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

[quoted image]

From the original picture it appears to be a reflection of the dinosaur plastic above the sling plastic that has the same curved shape.
ed04a03eec0342c9410ea8f1ac9aeaeb8cd018c2.jpeg (resized).jpg

#3416 30 days ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

From the original picture it appears to be a reflection of the sling plastic that has the same curved shape.

Good eye. Am able to confirm that from a different picture I took.

C99650D4-3EB9-4F3F-86EF-2ABF3688D38E (resized).jpeg

#3417 30 days ago

Delete

#3418 30 days ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

From the original picture it appears to be a reflection of the dinosaur plastic above the sling plastic that has the same curved shape.
[quoted image]

Agreed, you can also barely make out the shape of the trex jaw in the reflection

Screenshot_20190821-113332_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#3419 30 days ago

So are we saying Stern is in the clear here?

#3420 30 days ago

Is there lifting around the star post?

#3421 30 days ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I see what you did there

#3422 30 days ago
Quoted from pickleric:

No, there is clearcoat bubble/pooling around the posts.

#3423 30 days ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Ruh row raggy
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The JP we unboxed last week had metal washers under those posts from the factory.. game built Aug 10

#3424 30 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The JP we unboxed last week had metal washers under those posts from the factory.. game built Aug 10

Wow they are putting metal washers under post now?

#3425 30 days ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I am guessing both Stern and JJP's playfields are using the same type/brand of clearcoat as we see similar problems between Wonka, IMDN, JJPOTC, and now the new JP2 (also some GOTG and Beatles).

#3426 30 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That is a first

#3427 30 days ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

[quoted image]

Good catch.

#3428 30 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Mine has washers too.

#3429 30 days ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Mine has washers too.

Do metal washers really help? Seems that would just have the same issue if the clear wasn't right to begin with?

#3430 30 days ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Do metal washers really help? Seems that would just have the same issue if the clear wasn't right to begin with?

I think it might. The sling Star posts that have the washers have no bubbling but the smaller upper sling posts have it slightly.

#3431 30 days ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I think it might. The sling Star posts that have the washers have no bubbling but the smaller upper sling posts have it slightly.

Will most likely end up with washer sized depressions in the clear coat. Not a problem if you never plan on removing them...

#3432 30 days ago

If these playfield issues continue , there may not be a next game....

#3433 30 days ago
Quoted from chad:

If these playfield issues continue , there may not be a next game....

Is anyone really sure there are "issues" yet? We have here, 1 post from 1 person. I havnt seen any others yet. Perhaps the proverbial gun is being jumped here?

#3434 30 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Is anyone really sure there are "issues" yet? We have here, 1 post from 1 person. I havnt seen any others yet. Perhaps the proverbial gun is being jumped here?

Well simple reality is the playfields were likely done in batches(large ones most likely) so if one has it I would imagine others will as well.

#3435 29 days ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Well simple reality is the playfields were likely done in batches(large ones most likely) so if one has it I would imagine others will as well.

Very possible, but I'm not going to concern myself with it too much until I hear more. My Pro will remain on order.

#3436 29 days ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Oooh, I like this idea...

What if the center button skips the animation before for Smart Missile and releases the ball sooner to keep the flow of the game and then it can be used to trigger left flipper and awards Super Smart Missile?

#3437 29 days ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Ruh row raggy
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Aaaand just like that my JP fever has cooled

Stern replaced my shit AS cabinet so I'm still a loyal customer but I'mma mos def sit back & wait on JP after seeing Beatles w/this same prob.

What is Stern doing for the Beatles owners with F'd clear?

#3438 29 days ago

Nothing cooled here .... just put a deposit down on a Premium! Can’t wait !!!!

#3439 29 days ago

Photo proof...E93CC99E-76F7-4F68-BFDC-3957F0311B5A (resized).jpeg

Done at the slings... but not the plastic posts or Star posts further up the PF

#3440 29 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Photo proof...[quoted image]
Done at the slings... but not the plastic posts or Star posts further up the PF

Metal washers under star Post's? If that's going to help any.

#3441 29 days ago

So, I ask this with all sincerity. I'm not trying to be sarcastic. I've never bought new in the box before. What's the huge deal if there's a small bit of clear coat build up around the base of a couple star posts? Is it purely cosmetic? Will it spread? Why is everyone so wound up over this?

#3442 29 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

So, I ask this with all sincerity. I'm not trying to be sarcastic. I've never bought new in the box before. What's the huge deal if there's a small bit ofmclear coat build up around the base of a couple star posts? Is it purely cosmetic? Will it spread? Why is everyone so wound up over this?

Look at the POTC thread, first the clear bubbles, then it will lift the artwork from under it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-

#3444 29 days ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Look at the POTC thread, first the clear bubbles, then it will lift the artwork from under it.

Thanks. I see. Well, let's hope this isn't a widespread problem then.

#3445 29 days ago

Picky Mofos!

#3446 29 days ago

This is exactly why I have decided to never buy these pins NIB anymore. Starting with JJP WOZ LED board issues, Stern Ghostbusters PF ghosting and then cabinet splitting (on multiple recent titles), JJP POTC issues, etc.

How can these companies not get their act together and improve their QC with all the issues in recent years? Given what they are charging and what these pins cost, why do customers have to continue dealing with this stuff? Thats great that they will replace a bad PF, LED boards, or cabinets but who gets stuck with all the work swapping out pf's and cabinets? The same customer who just spent thousands of dollars to get something brand new.

Is it not a reasonable expectation that manufacturers take enough time to make sure this crap isn't happening before shipping games? I appreciate that these companies continue to make games and keep the hobby alive but what happened to quality and QC?

#3447 29 days ago

With the price of materials constantly increasing, the companies are probably not making as much as you'd suspect. Prices of pins would only increase trying to meet demands. Stern has it pretty well dialed and is probably why they can keep the cost down. It doesn't seem like anyone can match Stern's prices vs quality and playability. Ive seen Stern retract bad decisions when it comes to function and construction. Constantly complaining will only drive prices higher.

#3448 29 days ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

With the price of materials constantly increasing, the companies are probably not making as much as you'd suspect. Prices of pins would only increase trying to meet demands. Stern has it pretty well dialed and is probably why they can keep the cost down. It doesn't seem like anyone can match Stern's prices vs quality and playability. Ive seen Stern retract bad decisions when it comes to function and construction. Constantly complaining will only drive prices higher.

Drawing attention to manufacturing issues or defects on brand new games (i.e. '"complaining ") will only increase costs? Part of the problem is so many are willing to accept these ongoing issues as part of pinball instead of voting with their wallets and demanding better before buying. The notion that decent QC for a $7k plus product is an unreasonable expectation that pretty strange.

Did Stern have these PF and cabinet issues pre-Ghostbusters on games like Iron Man, LOTR, Tron, etc? What about splitting cabinets? Seems to me cost cutting and using cheaper materials (ironically while significantly increasing prices) is at contributing to at least part of the issues in recent years.

#3449 29 days ago

I have cabinet splitting on my IM and play field issues on my POTC. Old Williams had problems too. I personally see less problems with Stern compared to Spooky and JJP.

#3450 29 days ago

Don’t get me wrong. I understand your point of view. I just believe it’s the expection rather than the rule. Yes, the cabinet brackets and service rails were a bad call by Stern, but I believe they fixed that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Contact
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, TN
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Park, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 3584 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 72.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside