OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 73.
#3301 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Hey guys, my mistake. Misread the comment!

Dude, its because we Minnesotans are so used to passive-aggressive ellipses that we always misread them!

#3302 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I do see dimples
[quoted image]

Those are just T-Rex tracks!

#3303 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Why is there just an ugly black circle where the tournament button should be? Not exactly stopping me from buying one obviously. Just curious. Its ugly. I could see leaving the tournament button off but dont do it unless you are willing to change the cab build. Nah just fill it with a black plug. That looks good

The hole is there so you can, if you want, install a tournament button or a headphone jack or whatever. Canadian pins used to ship with the tournament button already installed, not sure if they still do though. Changing the cab build to have no hole, so people have to drill one if they want to install buttons or a headphone jack makes way less sense.

#3304 4 years ago

Just in time to get your kids interested in Jurassic Park again.

20190810_135649 (resized).jpg20190810_135649 (resized).jpg20190810_135714 (resized).jpg20190810_135714 (resized).jpg20190810_135720 (resized).jpg20190810_135720 (resized).jpg
#3305 4 years ago

I’m not much for toys, but I’d be tempted to nestle a Lego Jeff Goldblum into an unobtrusive place in my game.

#3306 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I’m not much for toys, but I’d be tempted to nestle a Lego Jeff Goldblum into an unobtrusive place in my game.

Then hold on to your butt!

https://www.shapeways.com/product/FU5UW4GQF/chaotic-lying-jeff?optionId=61397415&li=marketplace

99x74_17001766_9848491_1482184623 (resized).jpg99x74_17001766_9848491_1482184623 (resized).jpg
#3307 4 years ago

Where does this fascination with Jeff Goldblum come from?

#3308 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

From previous poster Yancy?
Everybody loves jeff wright!?

#3309 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

From the movie Jurassic Park. Not could you be fascinated by him. Should you be fascinated by him.

LTG : )

#3310 4 years ago

Goldblum's turn as a beefcake was a surprise to many. He started his career in nerd/dork roles (The Big Chill), but worked out and got buff for The Fly. That role (Seth Brundle) was still nerdy, but more brilliant/nerdy and, thanks to his sculpted bod', perhaps even "hot." At that time he also married sexpot Gena Davis and suddenly he was equal parts dork and beefcake. Spielberg was probably aware of this arc and chose to give him that scene in JP where he reclines like a pinup on the couch. My hunch is that his story inspires Pinsiders because he's the dork that actually got some play. Lesson: work out, get confident, marry a babe, don't look back.

#3311 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Goldblum's turn as a beefcake was a surprise to many. He started his career in nerd/dork roles (The Big Chill), but worked out and got buff for The Fly. That role (Seth Brundle) was still nerdy, but more brilliant/nerdy and, thanks to his sculpted bod', perhaps even "hot." At that time he also married sexpot Gena Davis and suddenly he was equal parts dork and beefcake. Spielberg was probably aware of this arc and chose to give him that scene in JP where he reclines like a pinup on the couch. My hunch is that his story inspires Pinsiders because he's the dork that actually got some play. Lesson: work out, get confident, marry a babe, don't look back.

Thank you, good explanation.

#3312 4 years ago

Lesson: work out, get confident, marry a babe, don't look back.

Maybe, but Goldblum has been married a few times, like Dr. Malcolm:

Dr. Alan Grant : You're married?
Dr. Ian Malcolm : Occasionally. Yeah, I'm always on the lookout for a future ex-Mrs. Malcolm.

Goldblum is one of the best characters in the first movie, with great quotable lines. He is the conscience of the movie: "Don't you see the danger, John, inherent in what you're doing here? Genetic power is the most awesome force the planet's ever seen, but you wield it like a kid that's found his dad's gun." He is brilliant, that's what attracts the audience in. But also good looking, so why not. Unfortunately, he is decommissioned half way through from an injury...

Some more quotes:
John Hammond : All major theme parks have delays. When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!
Dr. Ian Malcolm : Yeah, but, John, if The Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.

Dr. Ian Malcolm : God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs.

#3313 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Dr. Ian Malcolm : Occasionally. Yeah, I'm always on the lookout for a future ex-Mrs. Malcolm.
Goldblum is one of the best characters in the first movie, with great quotable lines. He is the conscience of the movie: "Don't you see the danger, John, inherent in what you're doing here? Genetic power is the most awesome force the planet's ever seen, but you wield it like a kid that's found his dad's gun." He is brilliant, that's what attracts the audience in. But also good looking, so why not. Unfortunately, he is decommissioned half way through from an injury...
Some more quotes:
John Hammond : All major theme parks have delays. When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!
Dr. Ian Malcolm : Yeah, but, John, if The Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.
Dr. Ian Malcolm : God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs.

"Dinosaur eats man. Woman inherits the earth"

#3314 4 years ago

You never saw the disco movie Thank God its Friday. Goldblum plays a sex fiend night club owner. 8 yrs before The Fly. I think his first movie was a thug that rapes charkee Bronson's daughter in death wish.

#3315 4 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

I think his first movie was a thug that rapes charkee Bronson's daughter in death wish.

#3316 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I was thinking the exact same thing.
Lol
Freak #3?

#3317 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Some more quotes:

So I guess a few of you will want this as a topper: https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/jurassic-park-ian-malcolm-chronicle-collectibles-904083

63D103B6-CA21-44E9-87E5-BE69C82B8B11 (resized).jpeg63D103B6-CA21-44E9-87E5-BE69C82B8B11 (resized).jpeg
#3318 4 years ago

You have no idea how much will power it’s taking to not buy that right now.

#3319 4 years ago

They obviously don't have the license but this should really be the topper.

#3320 4 years ago

Nah, not really....KIDDING OF COURSE I WANT THAT ON MY JP!

#3321 4 years ago

Chuck Ernst will be on Flip N Out Pinball's Twitch channel tonight :
68504691_2364956896904395_4650325537087029248_n (resized).jpg68504691_2364956896904395_4650325537087029248_n (resized).jpg

#3322 4 years ago

*crickets*

Is there a different major JP2 thread somewhere?

#3323 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

*crickets*
Is there a different major JP2 thread somewhere?

There are like 9 club threads. Unless the mods cleaned them up.

#3324 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There are like 9 club threads. Unless the mods cleaned them up.

Thanks for the info.

I looked on the front page, and only saw the Pro V Premium thread around.

I do wish games had more official, limited threads.

#3325 4 years ago

I think all Stern JP club should be in one thread. Not one LE one premium one pro. Also I’m not a fan of all JP games in one thread DE, Stern etc.

ST has a thread with STTNG and ST Stern which seems asinine to me.

Myself I started a Stern PotC thread and I never though hey let’s lump that with the JJP PotC thread.

#3326 4 years ago

LOL. So far as toppers are concerned that's pretty gay.

#3327 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

LOL. So far as toppers are concerned that's pretty awesome.

You really shouldn't use gay in that context, I'm not judging you as I have used it myself before realizing the impact it can have.

#3329 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

You really shouldn't use gay in that context, I'm not judging you as I have used it myself before realizing the impact it can have.

While I get what you are trying to say, in this case it seems meant to literally mean homosexual. Not as a negative but as a fact.
A grown man with a thing for Jeff Goldblums chest may have some questions about his sexuality. Goldblum has that effect on people though

#3330 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I think you misread the situation so I'm gonna repost this gif to clarify

1c8a3cc73ad31800f81edf9f641d8282d25cdbda.gif1c8a3cc73ad31800f81edf9f641d8282d25cdbda.gif

#3331 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I'm pretty sure that topper qualifies in *all* contexts of "gay".

#3332 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

While I get what you are trying to say, in this case it seems meant to literally mean homosexual. Not as a negative but as a fact.
A grown man with a thing for Jeff Goldblums chest may have some questions about his sexuality. Goldblum has that effect on people though

Even if literally meant as homosexual its completely sexist. A dude can't have his shirt off without being a homosexual, women are not allowed to check dudes out. Tits and Ass are ok but this massively iconic moment is homo erotic? I do agree with the sentiments to his hotness. In this day and age putting any kind of sexual orientation on it is just a bad look all around.

Its just the kind of thing that my kids roll their eyes in disgust and say your so old.

#3333 4 years ago

Fck it

I'm taking my shirt off & eating ecstasy during my JP unboxing.

Call that whatever you want

#3334 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm taking my shirt off & eating ecstasy during my JP unboxing.
Call that whatever you want

Pretty sure they just called it "the nineties" didn't they?

#3335 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I'm not judging you

Yes you are

#3336 4 years ago

No I was not in any way, I was just trying to provide some information. I didn't think he intended it in any way as homophobic or sexist. I was just trying to let him know in this day and age a lot of people would see it that way.

I do find it fascinating that, I tried to be polite and even mentioned that I have done this myself, I didn't thumbs down his post. Yet people are so triggered by my comments I'm getting the quotes and thumbs down.

#3337 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Yet people are so triggered by my comments I'm getting the quotes and thumbs down

People get tired of being told that they are not PC enough....

#3338 4 years ago

Hey you can’t use that word. Only we can use that word.

Anyway, its gonna get weird if we don’t all move on from this so let’s get back to the Jurassic Mania Hype Frenzy!!!

#3339 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

A dude can't have his shirt off without being a homosexual, women are not allowed to check dudes out. Tits and Ass are ok but this massively iconic moment is homo erotic?

A dude putting it on his pinball machine could definitely be construed as homo-erotic. A girl doing it, not so much. Nothing wrong with either.

#3340 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

No I was not in any way, I was just trying to provide some information. I didn't think he intended it in any way as homophobic or sexist. I was just trying to let him know in this day and age a lot of people would see it that way.
I do find it fascinating that, I tried to be polite and even mentioned that I have done this myself, I didn't thumbs down his post. Yet people are so triggered by my comments I'm getting the quotes and thumbs down.

Ok, virtue signal has been seen by all.....on to pinball.

#3341 4 years ago

And here I was, hours ago, asking why the JP2 thread was so quiet...

Maybe we should get back to quiet.

#3342 4 years ago

This very well may be my first NIB since Ironman...
A pro will be on location near me soon, but I am really interested in the premium.

#3343 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

A pro will be on location near me soon, but I am really interested in the premium.

I’m also going to pick one up pro v premium debate. I have a Maiden pro and played a lot of DP pro and while it’s true that it will leave something on the table compared to the premium, Stern pros are no joke and a good value.

I sold 2 pins STLE and Acdc premium (loaded) for $15k and could buy 3 pro pins (plus shakers) by adding another $1500.

Just think 3 (pros) $16k and change

DP
Maiden
JP

#3344 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

The Pro seems the vest deal, for me anyway, from what I've played of both.

#3345 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

The Pro seems the vest deal, for me anyway, from what I've played of both.

Interesting... when I bought my MET I went with the pro after playing both, the only feature I wanted from the premium was the color changing rgb lights. I didnt seem worth the extra 2k so I got the pro. I will get some time in on a JP2 premium (or LE at the Museum of Pinball) and then decide what I want to do...
Either way I am very excited about this title

#3346 4 years ago

The pro has a lot of game for the money based on today's standards. After I hit that 4 way combo for the first time, I absolutely fell in love with the game. It was euphoric.

The fact that there is that much packed in a standard body game is incredible. Can't wait to play the LE soon!

#3347 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

That's just Gay.

#3348 4 years ago

Will JP2 pros start showing up on location by end of Aug? Itching to find one to play.

#3349 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Will JP2 pros start showing up on location by end of Aug? Itching to find one to play.

JP2 Pro just arrived at Portal Pinball in Kennesaw. Make the drive over!

#3350 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

stay tuned!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 16.00
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/67?hl=flare and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.