OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 73.
#3251 4 years ago
Quoted from azbiohaz:

Just going to throw this out there and apologize from taking away from the JP2 thread. Lots of talk about purchasing options but I purchased a JP2 pro with the best deal you are going to get and it comes from billpinball. Fargo Pinball club hooked me up with my first machine ever, JP2 Pro with no sales tax, no credit card fees, and free shipping to your door. Check it out here:
https://www.fargopinball.com/stern
These guys are first-rate owners and are a treat to work with. They are more about making pinball more accessible than lining their pockets. Love these guys! I have no affiliation with the owners but a proud member of the Fargo Pinball club.

Congrats on first machine and your distributor. Although, I will say this is common, no one pays shipping or credit card fees with Stern machines. And if you purchase out of state no sales tax...I've never paid any of those fees and have purchased from more than one distributor.

#3252 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Congrats on first machine and your distributor. Although, I will say this is common, no one pays shipping or credit card fees with Stern machines. And if you purchase out of state no sales tax...I've never paid any of those fees and have purchased from more than one distributor.

Really? Most places seem to at least try to charge you a 3% credit card fee, which is actually illegal in some states. This is usually true of even the popular distributors found here on Pinside.

#3253 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Really? Most places seem to at least try to charge you a 3% credit card fee, which is actually illegal in some states. This is usually true of even the popular distributors found here on Pinside.

Most folks here are saying the "super secret cash/wire call 10 distro's street price" is $7299

Regular ol "buy a pinball machine on your ipad from anyone while taking a shit & using a credit card price" is $7499

That's 3%

Many CC's offer rewards of almost 3%

It's a wash guys.

If you're in a state with sales tax on out of state online purchases than the ND distro is legit AF.

Buy a game on ebay & it's $7229 after CC rewards of 2.625% + ebay bucks rewards of 1%

Is anyone getting JP for less than $7229?

If not then just buy the shit on ebay unless trading with a dealer. I may trade one of my games towards Elvira if it's worth the convenience costs.

#3254 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Well I always pay the listed price, for premium $7499, so if that includes the fee then I am okay with it. If they add the 3% on top of $7499 than I'm going somewhere else.

#3255 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Buy a game on ebay & it's $7200 after CC rewards + ebay bucks rewards. Maybe $7100?
Is anyone getting JP for less than $7100?
If not then just buy the shit on ebay unless trading with a dealer. I may trade one of my games towards Elvira if it's worth the convenience costs.

Do you get good distributor support when buying through eBay (I'm assuming it's just the usual Stern dealers selling there as well)? Seems like distributors can be very helpful if you run into any tech or warranty issues down the line.

#3256 4 years ago

I purchased my first NIB on ebay...All new releases are Stern dealers. I just go directly through them now. And once you establish that relationship it works great to just call or email, then go through Paypal (no fees).

#3257 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Do you get good distributor support when buying through eBay (I'm assuming it's just the usual Stern dealers selling there as well)? Seems like distributors can be very helpful if you run into any tech or warranty issues down the line.

Fair question, and I agree support is important on such a large purchase.

I bought my Aerosmith from Game Room Guys.

My AS cabinet was a turd NIB. GRG got Stern to replace it & send a tech to my house for the PF swap.

I bought my Golden Tee from Game Room Guys. The sound was cutting out brand new. It took 3 Nighthawks & an IO board to resolve. GRG facilitated all the repairs & used their own money to cover the deposit required on warranty parts from Incredible Technologies.

GRG had tech support, actual techs, to assist me whenever I needed it. Their team lead was awesome. GRG has a showroom, online store, ebay store & I think they're a significant operator too.

GRG is high volume. Stern wants to preserve that partnership. IMO that's one major reason I was taken care of because Stern ignored several of my requests for a simple & free kit they posted a TSB for regarding my game.

So long story short... I'm afraid to do business with a low volume distro.

I'm probably buying JP from GRG via their ebay store

But... I am going to give another guy a shot that takes trades. He seems cool, others vouch for the guy & we know some of the same folks.

I edited the post. It’s $7229 on eBay after incentives, rewards & such.

#3258 4 years ago

so for everyone who wonders what a BTTF pin from Stern would look like. Look at DE JP and the new Stern JP and notice all of the copying. I feel like 1/2-2/3 of the objectives/goals/multiballs are repeats. This looks a "modern" update without any original callouts or artwork or vehicles. just a bunch of dinosaurs you barely recognize.

huge JP fan and have had my DE JP for 20 years now. this new one is missing "it". i didn't wanna see this get the photo shop art treatment but the comicish art just isn't working for me. i'd rather have hot-dog fingers Nedry anyday.

or how about this where the slingshot trex <> the moving trex <> backglass trex <> side art trex <> front cab trex in color. it's like they said "yeah it's a greeny, brown, darky color whatever you wanna use works for us" apparently T-Rex comes in 5 colors...

#3259 4 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

so for everyone who wonders what a BTTF pin from Stern would look like. Look at DE JP and the new Stern JP and notice all of the copying. I feel like 1/2-2/3 of the objectives/goals/multiballs are repeats. This looks a "modern" update without any original callouts or artwork or vehicles. just a bunch of dinosaurs you barely recognize.
huge JP fan and have had my DE JP for 20 years now. this new one is missing "it". i didn't wanna see this get the photo shop art treatment but the comicish art just isn't working for me. i'd rather have hot-dog fingers Nedry anyday.
or how about this where the slingshot trex &lt;&gt; the moving trex &lt;&gt; backglass trex &lt;&gt; side art trex &lt;&gt; front cab trex in color. it's like they said "yeah it's a greeny, brown, darky color whatever you wanna use works for us" apparently T-Rex comes in 5 colors...

You are correct on many things here. Finally Stern put something into this game that the DE version was missing though....FUN

The DE Jurassic Park is terrible

#3260 4 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

or how about this where the slingshot trex &lt;&gt; the moving trex &lt;&gt; backglass trex &lt;&gt; side art trex &lt;&gt; front cab trex in color. it's like they said "yeah it's a greeny, brown, darky color whatever you wanna use works for us" apparently T-Rex comes in 5 colors...

Hey I hear you about how JP Stern is more of a rehash but DE JP is such a poor quality and dog of a shooter. It just is. Love so much about it though but not the shooting part. Stern JP and I've played it is such a better shooter it's crazy and it has a lot of that magic from DE even if it's not original

#3261 4 years ago

So I have/had the opportunity to get JP pro here in Norway around a week from now, with air freight from Stern through my distributor. Was really contemplating this for the last days. Decided ultimately to hold off, and rather aim for the premium, by different reasons:

I believe the pro is just as fun as the premium, but with air freight the total price would be not too far off from a premium with sea freight (relatively speaking). And my main motivation for buying a pro would be it have it in a week. I thought if I would be that interested if choosing sea freight which would arrive here in around 4 weeks..and then it did not feel that important. So based on that I think I would be buying on the wrong premise.

Also, having an Iron Maiden premium and walkin dead premium, it would be sad no to continue my premium line, also until premium is ready to ship I can try pro and LE and settle on the version based on trying them. But Im sure Ill be happy either way

Just some friday morning rambling from NorwaY!

#3262 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

So I have/had the opportunity to get JP pro here in Norway around a week from now, with air freight from Stern through my distributor. Was really contemplating this for the last days. Decided ultimately to hold off, and rather aim for the premium, by different reasons:
I believe the pro is just as fun as the premium, but with air freight the total price would be not too far off from a premium with sea freight (relatively speaking). And my main motivation for buying a pro would be it have it in a week. I thought if I would be that interested if choosing sea freight which would arrive here in around 4 weeks..and then it did not feel that important. So based on that I think I would be buying on the wrong premise.
Also, having an Iron Maiden premium and walkin dead premium, it would be sad no to continue my premium line, also until premium is ready to ship I can try pro and LE and settle on the version based on trying them. But Im sure Ill be happy either way

Ok.

#3263 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I travelled around Norway last year and will be there around Christmas again. Where are you located, would love to bring you some Heineken beer some time
Enjoy your new games!
Peter

#3264 4 years ago

In on a Pro. Was leaning toward a LE or Prem but gonna route this for a while and can always pick up one of those later.

#3265 4 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

I travelled around Norway last year and will be there around Christmas again. Where are you located, would love to bring you some Heineken beer some time
Enjoy your new games!
Peter

Cool, I am located around Oslo If/When you are coming, send me a PM and Im sure we can meet up for some pinball and beers. We also are having our annual XMAS matchplay tournament but this year it will be quite early in december though, 6-8 december.

#3266 4 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Where are you located, would love to bring you some Heineken beer some time

What did he ever do to you?

#3267 4 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

LOL! It is too funny seeing these feeble attempts from DEJP owners to crap on the new JP. Nice try, pal. Hopefully you didnt just pay $3500-$4000 for it.

#3268 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

LOL! It is too funny seeing these feeble attempts from DEJP owners to crap on the new JP. Nice try, pal. Hopefully you didnt just pay $3500-$4000 for it.

Don't lump all of us. I have no delussions of the DE being the best ever or holding a candle to the new one. But at the same time I am not sure I can let it go because it is a really fun game which integrates the movie well. Ideally I would love to have them side-by-side...at least for awhile!

#3269 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Don't lump all of us. I have no delussions of the DE being the best ever or holding a candle to the new one. But at the same time I am not sure I can let it go because it is a really fun game which integrates the movie well. Ideally I would love to have them side-by-side...at least for awhile!

I'm with this guy. Just knowing that Keith designed the table you had to know Stern JP was going to shoot better, and the video bears that out. And I view the "borrowed" elements, like tri-ball and the smart missile, as a nice little tribute and not a rip-off. But DE JP still has an excellent sound package and DMD animations, and really captures the feel of the first film nicely. Plus the original T-Rex remains one of the coolest mechs in pinball. So it's all good, there's room for both games in the world even though Stern JP will inarguably play better.

#3270 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Sorry for any confusion. My aim was not to lump in all DEJP owners. I was just referring to the ones who for some reason feel the need to crap on an all-around great new pin with the same name. It’s pretty pathetic. Both can stand on their own.

#3271 4 years ago

Stern is missing out on this hot new "peeing" raptor it seems.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/important-toy-news-jurassic-park-takes-the-gold-in-the-most-uncomfortable-way

mattel-jurassic-park-2 (resized).jpgmattel-jurassic-park-2 (resized).jpg
#3272 4 years ago

Have they revealed the topper yet? Still time ...

#3273 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Have they revealed the topper yet? Still time ...

Yes, right next to the Star Wars and Black Knight topper on the website.

#3274 4 years ago

At Helicon Brewing!!!

20190809_171014 (resized).jpg20190809_171014 (resized).jpg20190809_171110 (resized).jpg20190809_171110 (resized).jpg20190809_171124 (resized).jpg20190809_171124 (resized).jpg
#3275 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

At Helicon Brewing!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

FINALLY!!!!! the dimpling threads can now begin!

#3276 4 years ago

Very cool! Fast shipping after reveal.... Stern finds a way!

#3277 4 years ago

Next week can’t get here fast enough for me

#3278 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

At Helicon Brewing!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

And..how was it?

#3279 4 years ago

The game is there, prob the first one in the wild. Take your negativity else where!

#3280 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

The game is there, prob the first one in the wild. Take your negativity else where!

Woah, easy.

I meant “and ......how’s it play?”

No negativity here. Can’t wait to flip this thing.

#3281 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Interesting to see where the negativity is actually coming from.
Your use of ellipses made it obvious to me you were asking for a review.

#3282 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Interesting to see where the negativity is actually coming from.
Your use of ellipses made it obvious to me you were asking for a review.

Thanks TheLaw . Seems we really have to spell things out.

#3283 4 years ago

Now also on site at both Helicon Brewing and Voodoo Brewery Homestead!

123951(69) (resized).jpg123951(69) (resized).jpg587080684 (resized).jpg587080684 (resized).jpg
#3284 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

FINALLY!!!!! the dimpling threads can now begin!

I do see dimples
Screenshot_20190809-190603 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190809-190603 (resized).png

#3285 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I do see dimples
[quoted image]

B1B9518F-9A23-44AA-A095-B497FE370290 (resized).jpegB1B9518F-9A23-44AA-A095-B497FE370290 (resized).jpeg
#3286 4 years ago

Here is a picture of the game without dimples.

Space Ace is delivering to Starport Arcade and Pub.

587088300 (resized).jpg587088300 (resized).jpg
#3287 4 years ago

After all these years of dimple discussions on Pinside I think I’m starting to develop a dimple fetish.

It’s like some sort of weird Stockholm Syndrome.

#3288 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I do see dimples
[quoted image]

That's not dimples, that's Nedry's spraying spit when he laughs.

#3289 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And..how was it?

It's fun! I like the objective traversal. Though I feel like the left 1/4, the raptor area, is the area where the least natural shots are being directed.

I also feel the main two ramps, trex and right ramp, are really oddly inclined.

Saw a father and son there, young boy, and the father kept mentioning how it was Jurassic Park to his son, and I kept feeling how that wouldn't be friendly to a small child.

Definitely a lot of dimples, early on.

#3290 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

It's fun! I like the objective traversal. Though I feel like the left 1/4, the raptor area, is the area where the least natural shots are being directed.
I also feel the main two ramps, trex and right ramp, are really oddly inclined.
Saw a father and son there, young boy, and the father kept mentioning how it was Jurassic Park to his son, and I kept feeling how that wouldn't be friendly to a small child.
Definitely a lot of dimples, early on.

You should get an Alice Cooper in there for the kids!

#3291 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

You should get an Alice Cooper in there for the kids!

They have one. Total donkfest.

These games are making me feel more forgiving towards my Houdini at home....

#3292 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

They have one. Total donkfest.
These games are making me feel more forgiving towards my Houdini at home....

That’s a pretty Jurassic Park III comment right there.

#3293 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

That’s a pretty Jurassic Park III comment right there.

Jurassic Park 3, well....still somewhat better than World 1/2, sadly.

#3294 4 years ago

LE ordered today.

#3295 4 years ago

What's the game code version on the delivered machines?

#3296 4 years ago

Why is there just an ugly black circle where the tournament button should be? Not exactly stopping me from buying one obviously. Just curious. Its ugly. I could see leaving the tournament button off but dont do it unless you are willing to change the cab build. Nah just fill it with a black plug. That looks good

#3297 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Now also on site at both Helicon Brewing and Voodoo Brewery Homestead![quoted image][quoted image]

Nice legs topper As if the machine has already eaten someone

#3298 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Why is there just an ugly black circle where the tournament button should be? Not exactly stopping me from buying one obviously. Just curious. Its ugly. I could see leaving the tournament button off but dont do it unless you are willing to change the cab build. Nah just fill it with a black plug. That looks good

If it bother you, you can replace the placeholder by a tournament button, the wires are present in the cabinet. I've done that on my DP. It's very easy to install.

#3299 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

If it bother you, you can replace the placeholder by a tournament button, the wires are present in the cabinet. I've done that on my DP. It's very easy to install.

Or just install external volume control there: (USA Games ONLY)

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-100-0062-00
PBL (resized).pngPBL (resized).png

#3300 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thanks thelaw . Seems we really have to spell things out.

Hey guys, my mistake. Misread the comment! Can't wait for this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/66?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.