OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 73.
#3201 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Wait, so you've been given a discount when you pick up? I was told by CT that there was no discount for pickup because shipping was built into the standardized Stern price.

I think he was complaining that CT wouldn’t give him a discount for pickup.?.?

#3202 4 years ago

Wait, so you've been given a discount when you pick up? I was told by CT that there was no discount for pickup because shipping was built into the standardized Stern price.

No, there is no discount for picking up last time I called. I was illustrating that it was not worth it to me to drive close to two hours each way to pick up a NIB game (while paying cash, mind you) when I can have a game shipped to my door from an out of state distributor for less money and less work. And yes, I am still paying tax.

#3203 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

No, there is no discount for picking up last time I called. I was illustrating that it was not worth it to me to drive close to two hours each way to pick up a NIB game (while paying cash, mind you) when I can have a game shipped to my door from an out of state distributor for less money and less work. And yes, I am still paying tax.

Ah. I misunderstood your post.

#3204 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

My JP2 pro cost $8340 and we live next door. Damn Americans.

My uncle is in Vancouver and he’s got a couple of pins so I know you guys get hammered too, fact you guys are next door is an even bigger piss take, would be great to see a little more structure on Sterns pricing globally, but I think it’s less to do with Stern and more to do with our distributors, that’s certainly the case here in the U.K as we only have one distributor who then sell on to resellers who do the best they can.

#3205 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Best deal I have seen posted on here so far is $7300 shipped, no tax collected, pay with a credit card for a premium.
This week in pinball posted street prices as follows:
$5600 pro
$7300 premium
$8800 le
Often you will get shipping included with those prices.

Someone here said they were able to use a credit card @ $7300 shipped, no tax.

That’s the best deal so far to my knowledge. Drives the price down to $7,108 after 2.625% BoA rewards

I said this before, but after 3% PayPal fees + 10% eBay fees distros only see $6,547

My next door neighbor is prolly buying one. Me too. We’re going to combine our orders to see if we can get a better price. Now I know not to call Cointaker, lol.

#3206 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not really. $6370 USD is just a few hundred more including importing it.

I thought he was saying it cost 8400 USD. Even 6400 is about 800 more.

I thought it was the trade off of having universal healthcare! Haha jk

#3207 4 years ago

anyone have a word on when Pros should start shipping?

I am looking forward to more play on location where I can hear the game better (as compared to replayFX where it was pretty loud and hard to get immersed in the game)

#3208 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

So this guy can reprogram the proprietary chips if they go bad?

I need a board repaired on my GB...Its a bout 140 to replace. Would love to have him repair but at 90 plus shipping both ways and prob 3-4 week turnaround its prob better to buy a new one.

#3209 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am looking forward to more play on location where I can hear the game better (as compared to replayFX where it was pretty loud and hard to get immersed in the game)

Hearing 1-2 weeks but lots of speculation

#3210 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Jerry better be including delivery for that price...

I deal with Adam and just had that conversation as I've bought Maiden Pre and BK3 pro (paid for delivery) now this which means roughly 27K in a year and they didn't want to throw in the $100 delivery so I just said "no free delivery forget it" then I got a story about how some fella bought a Beatles Diamond for 20K and they got mad at him for throwing in delivery(sounds like Im dealing with smart business men here ) Well they are going to deliver it for free, no one fucks with Hazoff, Hazoff does the fuckin.

#3211 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I need a board repaired on my GB...Its a bout 140 to replace. Would love to have him repair but at 90 plus shipping both ways and prob 3-4 week turnaround its prob better to buy a new one.

How old is the game? Did you try to get Stern to replace for free?

#3212 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

How old is the game? Did you try to get Stern to replace for free?

about 3 years I guess. I can try. Its not even a main node board. its 8C left drop/ led board. I did speak to chad and he said signals pass through the board so it could be a trace. top 3 inserts not working. Ill still buy JP even though these boards seem to be pricey and prone to failure and hard to repair

#3213 4 years ago

Got to play a couple of games. My initial impression is, this game surpasses expectations with just a couple of drawbacks.

Art - In person, I thought the artwork was stunning. It is a departure from the recent artwork style that Stern has used and the general consensus from people I spoke to was these pins stood out from all the other stern offerings that were there. I personally liked that the middle of the playfield was overly busy, but each shot on the playfield seemed to have its own little art package. Nedry's office, a supply drop crate, a waterfall, water flow, a dirt road leading to the tower. These little details really shine through.

Toys - T-Rex head is fun to see move all around on the premium. It's eye-catching for sure. Seeing it interact with the ball is great! The raptor looks good where it's at. The jeep itself looks pretty basic, the mech itself is fun to shoot. There wasn't anything to the helicopter toy. My preference would be just to put in a molded helicopter and not worry about the spinning blades on the wireform.

Gameplay - One thing this game has is flow. With no scoops, this becomes even more apparent as you play. Needless to say, no stall ball will be played on this one. All shots are smooth. It's a playfield that really awards flipper skills, yet doesn't feel like a clunkfest at the same time. Adding the post near the top flipper forcing the use of that flipper was a great idea. I checked to see what would happen if you didn't. The ball goes out of control for sure. Shooting the right ramp to the side flipper, back towards tower for a smart missile is quite possibly one of the most rewarding sequences in pinball in recent memory. One suggestion I'd make is once the smart missile is loaded that feels like the best time to make use of the action button to fire off the missile instead of flipping the ball.

Rules - Admittedly I didn't pay attention much to the current ruleset as I did to just the flipping itself.

The playfield itself was showing signs of the dimpling that has been seen before. I didn't check myself, but I did hear and see a picture from someone who observed what appeared to be the clear coat beginning to form a hole larger than a dimple by the triceratops ear where the ball exits the wireform and back on the playfield. There was also signs of the side rail starting to indent slightly. Obviously, this is due to heavy play over days at a time, but it's something to keep in mind that could be a potential issue.

It's very apparent that a high-level pinball mind has designed this. Other pinball manufacturers, I would seriously consider contacting high-level tournament players and getting their input on designs moving forward.

#3214 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

)

I heard end of August but I don't know how early I got in

#3215 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

There wasn't anything to the helicopter toy. My preference would be just to put in a molded helicopter and not worry about the spinning blades on the wireform.

The helicopter blade is a horizontal optical spinner which will be attached to some rules in the prem/ le. I wouldn't recommend replacing it with a toy.

#3216 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

So this guy can reprogram the proprietary chips if they go bad?

Stern: “the CPU programs the node boards”

Fix em, or buy em it they go bad. They arent doomed machines. More out there the better.

#3217 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

The helicopter blade is a horizontal optical spinner which will be attached to some rules in the prem/ le. I wouldn't recommend replacing it with a toy.

Now I am curious how the pro is going to detect the helipad shot (there's inserts) and what the premium is going to do with this in the rules!
Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 9.56.44 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-08-07 at 9.56.44 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-08-07 at 9.56.32 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-08-07 at 9.56.32 AM (resized).png

#3218 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Awesome, didn’t even pick up on that. I’m in for an LE. Can’t wait!

#3219 4 years ago

Stern posted Facebook video boxing up the first JP.

#3221 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Not on the Pro. This will be a popular mod in my opinion for the Pro. The ball then can hit the propeller, even if it doesn't interact with the code.

#3222 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Not on the Pro. This will be a popular mod in my opinion for the Pro. The ball then can hit the propeller, even if it doesn't interact with the code.

Is it confirmed the Prem propeller has scoring attached to it?

#3223 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

The guy who said it is the game designer.

#3224 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

about 3 years I guess. I can try. Its not even a main node board. its 8C left drop/ led board. I did speak to chad and he said signals pass through the board so it could be a trace. top 3 inserts not working. Ill still buy JP even though these boards seem to be pricey and prone to failure and hard to repair

We have very similar issues with our GB’s. My center LED’s between the flippers, located on board 8B, are extremely dim. It appears that every board that is linked to this one is not functioning as a result. Roughly half my LED’s/flashers are out, but everything else works. Game is completely playable, no node board failure. Ordered a new 8B for $48. Fingers crossed this solves my issue, but I’m a bit skeptical. Good luck to you as well.

#3225 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I heard end of August but I don't know how early I got in

I know of one location getting one on Monday!

#3226 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Yes, in post #3215.

#3227 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I have found cointaker fair and honest to deal with and reasonable with their prices

Ditto. I bought my AFMr and MMr from Cointaker and service with delivery and set up was great.

#3228 4 years ago

Jurassic Park Deep Dive updated with more info on the four main multiballs and one bonus MB, plus how to get to the three mini wizard modes!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/jurassic-park-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

Screen-Shot-2019-07-29-at-11.29.27-AM (resized).pngScreen-Shot-2019-07-29-at-11.29.27-AM (resized).png
#3229 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Jurassic Park Deep Dive updated with more info on the four main multiballs and one bonus MB, plus how to get to the three mini wizard modes!
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/jurassic-park-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/[quoted image]

I'm stealing this and posting in the owners club

#3230 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'm stealing this and posting in the owners club

Please do! I didn't realize there was an owner's thread already

#3231 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Please do! I didn't realize there was an owner's thread already

Yes sir, apparently the moderators have decided we need 2 owners clubs. One for Premium/LE, and one for us lowly Pro owners.

#3232 4 years ago

Yes sir, apparently the moderators have decided we need 2 owners clubs. One for Premium/LE, and one for us lowly Pro owners.

Hey I'd love either one right now, can't wait to play this machine!

#3233 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Hey I'd love either one right now, can't wait to play this machine!

I started the Pro owners club, all are welcome of course. Ive paid in full, and my seller has told me mid August. I'm stoked as well. Not only is it my first NIB, but it looks to be an incredible game.

#3234 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

I know of one location getting one on Monday!

Spill it!

#3235 4 years ago

I’m not an LE elitist!!! I have an old score DE JP!! Congrats to all! And thanks to all for supporting the game for us all to get stronger future support

#3236 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/jurassic-park-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/[quoted image]

Nice, thanks. I noticed that artwork is different on both sides of premium and LE models. Pro looks like it uses same image inverted. Unique artwork on both sides is a huge selling point because Stern rarely strays from using the same on left as right sides. So am shocked Stern didn’t highlight that as a feature.

Stern can’t build JP pins fast enough. Everybody wants to play one one. A lot of people are ready to buy one. Maximum hype and minimum supply. We know Stern can quickly scale to build 50 games a day or 250 pins a week or 1,000 pins a month. Technically Stern can build 3k games in a quarter. What if Stern ran nothing but JP2 for rest of this year? They could satisfy the urgent demand and make bank. Then they can run Elvira and whatever. Think about it - boom to bust in three months - and then Stern moves on. Maybe come back in six months and run another 1k machines and repeat for balance of license. Stern is King of Pinba!! and it’s a good time to feel the Stern!

#3237 4 years ago

Jurassic Park Pro had left Stern and is on its way to Helicon Brewing. Can't wait to get my hands on this game!!

#3238 4 years ago

Pro next week!

#3239 4 years ago

Stern has posted this on FB :

68307519_10157624933879244_2130123145376432128_o (resized).jpg68307519_10157624933879244_2130123145376432128_o (resized).jpg
#3240 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Stern has posted this on FB :[quoted image]

Good to see.

#3241 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Stern has posted this on FB :[quoted image]

I wonder if those are hanging on something or resting on the playfield hooks?

Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Jurassic Park Pro had left Stern and is on its way to Helicon Brewing. Can't wait to get my hands on this game!!

Awesome to hear Chris!!!

#3242 4 years ago

Pro's are more reliable! And modding is so much fun now that you can turn it into a Promium anyway and still spend a shit ton less money!

#3243 4 years ago

One for Premium/LE, and one for us lowly Pro owners.

There are actually 3.
1 pro
1 le
1 all

#3244 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Pro's are more reliable! And modding is so much fun now that you can turn it into a Promium anyway and still spend a shit ton less money!

More out there in homes- the better.
Waiting to see pinball refinery’s touch also.

#3245 4 years ago

My local distributor does pickup discounts too.

#3246 4 years ago

This is a place in St. Louis, unfortunately (Padavans for anyone down there)

Gotta figure Logan will have one soon, I think the description for the launch party mentioned having multiple machines, so fingers crossed we get both a pro and a premium for a while like happened with Black Knight!

#3247 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Nice, thanks. I noticed that artwork is different on both sides of premium and LE models. Pro looks like it uses same image inverted.

Jeff, you're right, but the backbox art on the Pro model is still different on both side.

#3248 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I wonder if those are hanging on something or resting on the playfield hooks?

Awesome to hear Chris!!!

Just in time for free play. 3 will be present.

#3249 4 years ago

Just going to throw this out there and apologize from taking away from the JP2 thread. Lots of talk about purchasing options but I purchased a JP2 pro with the best deal you are going to get and it comes from @billpinball. Fargo Pinball club hooked me up with my first machine ever, JP2 Pro with no sales tax, no credit card fees, and free shipping to your door. Check it out here:
https://www.fargopinball.com/stern

These guys are first-rate owners and are a treat to work with. They are more about making pinball more accessible than lining their pockets. Love these guys! I have no affiliation with the owners but a proud member of the Fargo Pinball club.

#3250 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

My company thanks you for tanking this employee's productivity. Awesome and simple write-up with so many wonderful pics. Thank you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mequon, WI
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/65?hl=furyosjustin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.