OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 73.
#3051 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

That translight is weak

I like it because it engages the player. For the other two you're just the observer of a scene.

#3052 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

That translight is weak

I was going to say the same thing.

#3053 4 years ago

Translite gives you the feeling your face to face with a velociraptor. Good artwork to get people into the game and feeling of JP. Personally, I like the LE artwork best, but like the sunset oranges of the premium too.

#3054 4 years ago

It really doesn't matter how the photo looks, you have to see it in person. I've been surprised several times by doing just that, some things just don't photograph well.

#3055 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Looks fun. What do you give it out of a 10. 1 bad and 10 being the best in the world.

11 is reserved for best in world ...

#3056 4 years ago

Sooo, anyone else played it at Replay??

#3057 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I was going to say the same thing.

The translights on Sterns are always kind of crappy.

I wish I could like Sterns more, but the feel of flippers, balls striking materials in the game, movement of the cabinet, and translights, always have me feeling like these games, even at their highest levels, feel like home user units. Not commerical pinball on site at a bar or pizza shop.

#3058 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I just realized we don't even know what the action button does yet.

Honestly, I don't know what it was supposed to do either. No one I saw playing, was prompted or used it. Very weird.

#3059 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Meh
It’s only $2 less than paying full retail pricing after credit card rewards.

I got a price of $7,299 shipped, no tax, for my premium and that's paying with a credit card...so not mutually exclusive

#3060 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

I got a price of $7,299 shipped, no tax, for my premium and that's paying with a credit card...so not mutually exclusive

Aaaand now I’m going to buy from your distro

#3061 4 years ago

Played several pros and the premium a few times each today. Great shooting game. The upper loop is repeatable....I had 3 or 4 consecutive loops a few times. Great variety of shots that feel good. 4 ramps that can all be hit cleanly. The game feels deep and polished already. 7 examples at the Stern/Cointaker booth in constant play and I never saw the glass need to be removed at any time. No ball traps, no issues at all. Very impressive game.

#3062 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Great price! Competition keeps the world going round...

3 years ago, I paid $6200 for TWD Prem out the door.

How quickly things change.

#3063 4 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Played several pros and the premium a few times each today. Great shooting game. The upper loop is repeatable....I had 3 or 4 consecutive loops a few times. Great variety of shots that feel good. 4 ramps that can all be hit cleanly. The game feels deep and polished already. 7 examples at the Stern/Cointaker booth in constant play and I never saw the glass need to be removed at any time. No ball traps, no issues at all. Very impressive game.

How was the Dino ball lock and throw? Did it work well? Any rejects from the shot when the jaw is lowered?

#3064 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

3 years ago, I paid $6200 for TWD Prem out the door.
How quickly things change.

Yes I agree, wish those days were still here. 3 years is not long ago and going up more than a grand is a big price increase. Heard it was to match internatinal pricing to stop the disparity between us here in the states and what is paid internationally. Not a good excuse to raise prices imo.

#3065 4 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

You definitely are a better player than me!

I was able to hit the upper loop fine, but whiff on the second shot most times.

I felt like, given enough power via cycling, as the translites were blinking off and on a few times while watching, the center trex ramp was fairly smooth as well. Hitting into the pop bumpers was easy enough also.

I saw players hit over 100,000 fairly frequently.

I have no idea what the button does. I feel like the strength of the machine is mode play, and LCD video work.

I'd consider a Pro at $5200-5400, but I'm not sure the Raptor area and Trex movement is worth another $1800 for me. I'd just as soon place it towards another game.

I used some annual for work, just to come today, hoping it would be a bit less busy. I went to play JP, eat hot dogs, and drink beer. I only played this game, and quickly Centipede 3player, which was pretty sweet. Just to give a bit of framework for how focused I was to check this game out.

#3066 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Sooo, anyone else played it at Replay??

We have played several games on both the pro and premium. Game was a lot of fun. Wish I could hear better, always that way at shows. But we went back for more. So that’s a plus. I like Elwin’s designs. Although not a IMDN fan, but appreciate those who are. This one is fun.

Going back for more later tonight.

#3067 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

All Keith said about it during the reveal stream was that it was used to select Control Room modes. He was kind of coy about it, though, so I suspect it may have a bit more of a role going forward as the code evolves.

#3068 4 years ago

Oh, and what are everyone's thoughts on the Newton/Newman balls?

I felt they were a bit of a moment/flow stopper, in an otherwise smooth playing game. I'd rather not have them there, than have them there.

Side note, I kinda feel like the upper loop in Maiden feels a bit easier to rip than here, but I only played 3 games total.

#3069 4 years ago
Quoted from TheJerol:

All Keith said about it during the reveal stream was that it was used to select Control Room modes. He was kind of coy about it, though, so I suspect it may have a bit more of a role going forward as the code evolves.

I almost took it in the stream that he really doesn't like that button, and it wasn't going to do anything meaningful in the game. I also got the idea that the code came together at the 11th hour before the stream, and there is a fair amount left to hash out yet.

#3070 4 years ago

For me the big question is, why one player can see where the other players are on the map?
Will we see interaction between the players in someway?

#3071 4 years ago

Does anyone have info on the control room modes?

#3072 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I almost took it in the stream that he really doesn't like that button, and it wasn't going to do anything meaningful in the game. I also got the idea that the code came together at the 11th hour before the stream, and there is a fair amount left to hash out yet.

Let’s hope there is not an X-wing type mode.

#3073 4 years ago

I’d like to say that Gary Stern’s best move in the last few years, was to hire Keith Elwin. Honestly, what a breath of fresh air the greatest pinball player that EVER lived has been. This is currently coming from a guy that typically doesn’t like “newer” style games but love what Elwin has done. Absolutely remarkable work over his Two games.

#3074 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

For me the big question is, why one player can see where the other players are on the map?
Will we see interaction between the players in someway?

That would be a cool feature.

#3075 4 years ago
Quoted from TheJerol:

At the 9:45 mark on the JP stream he mentions that hitting the Smart Missle shot between the pops "...to get equivalent of a Boom". Does making that shot act as the Boom button does on DP or by making the shot you earn something equivalent to DPs Boom?

#3076 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Never understood why people care about code versions in software. The number is an arbitrary distinction and only meaningful to the programmers. The game looked mostly complete on the stream except maybe some additional polish and possibly more wizard mode work. Stern's last few games have all been feature complete within two or so months of shipping.

Code version number can at least give potential customers and owners a sense of how complete the code currently is and how deep of a game it will be. Code that reaches a 1.0 revision typically means that every feature is at least in the game and playable (although it might not be complete). Later code revisions continue to add polish, add additional mode choreography (light shows, callouts, animations and timing all of them together), possibly adding more modes not defined by inserts, and of course bug fixes.

#3077 4 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I’d like to say that Gary Stern’s best move in the last few years, was to hire Keith Elwin. Honestly, what a breath of fresh air the greatest pinball player that EVER lived has been. This is currently coming from a guy that typically doesn’t like “newer” style games but love what Elwin has done. Absolutely remarkable work over his Two games.

It was all George Gomez!! George has been the Master Mind behind Stern’s success for a while now. George is doing what every successful leader does, he listens to his customers! Thank You George!

#3078 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

That translight is weak

Personally I think only the premium translite "makes sense" meaning that raptors would travel in packs and it makes sense that there's multiple of them on the translite. The pro translite looks off with what is supposed to be smaller dinosaur in the right corner that looks larger than the t-rex... The LE translite shows two of the largest dinosaurs in the original trilogy but the problem is the dinosaur on the right isn't in the first film at all which is what the game is based on. I think an image of a larger looming t-rex on its own with the vehicle would have been the better choice for LE artwork.

#3079 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Personally I think only the premium translite "makes sense" meaning that raptors typically travel in packs and it makes sense that there's multiple of them on the translite. The pro translite looks off with what is supposed to be smaller dinosaur in the right corner that looks larger than the t-rex... The LE translite shows two two of the largest dinosaurs in the movies but the problem is the dinosaur on the right isn't in the first film at all which is what the game is based on.

This game isn't based on the 1st movie but more so the theme of Jurassic Park.

#3080 4 years ago

I am really looking forward to playing this game.

#3081 4 years ago

Crazy how few Pinsiders are posting here, given how many people were in line and playing.

Let's get some more viewpoints!!

I figured more photos and impressions would be up well before I got there.

#3082 4 years ago

I didn’t play the game and I didn’t even see T-Rex eat the ball, but the little movements of the dinosaur head during gameplay really add a dynamic ambience to the experience. At least while watching others play. The head moves up and down as well as side to side. I find it much more engaging than Homer’s head or Rudy’s eyes, for example.

YMMV

#3083 4 years ago

eBay sellers have JP Premium for $7499

Don’t they pay eBay 10% then PayPal another 3%?

So they net $6525? Weird how Stern won’t let distro’s sell at that price direct.

If buying JP on eBay the game is $7100 after CC rewards & eBay bucks rewards

#3084 4 years ago

Maybe it's a bit early, but I started an owners club group for those who are ordering/have ordered or anyone else who's interested

#3085 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

eBay sellers have JP Premium for $7499
Don’t they pay eBay 10% then PayPal another 3%?
So they net $6525? Weird how Stern won’t let distro’s sell at that price direct.
If buying JP on eBay the game is $7100 after CC rewards & eBay bucks rewards

Well now I have to buy it.

It’s all about the savings baby.

#3086 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Maybe it's a bit early, but I started an owners club group for those who are ordering/have ordered

BB10664C-5032-4225-8C51-D7C309911934 (resized).jpegBB10664C-5032-4225-8C51-D7C309911934 (resized).jpeg
Several have tried, mods say no until games ship.

#3087 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]
Several have tried, mods say no until games ship.

Uh ohhhhhh...lol. I had no idea.

#3088 4 years ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

At the 9:45 mark on the JP stream he mentions that hitting the Smart Missle shot between the pops "...to get equivalent of a Boom". Does making that shot act as the Boom button does on DP or by making the shot you earn something equivalent to DPs Boom?

To me it looked like the ball was held by the post in the left inlane while the Smart Missile countdown happened, then released to the left flipper and you had to hit that standup target between the pops at the top of the playfield to get the "BOOM" effect. Elwin in fact does this at about the 42:30 mark of the reveal stream video. The lockbar button does not appear to be involved with the Smart Missile mechanic based on what I can see.

He also says at the 46:30 mark "Anytime you see a goat, hit the lockdown bar button... You never know what you might find".

#3089 4 years ago

The animations look like Crazy Taxi. Even the way they wave their arms.

#3090 4 years ago
Quoted from TheJerol:

The lockbar button does not appear to be involved with the Smart Missile mechanic based on what I can see.
He also says at the 46:30 mark "Anytime you see a goat, hit the lockdown bar button... You never know what you might find".

Hitting the button when you see goats could be fun. Maybe it's a mystery award. Simple use for the button that could add some surprises or at least some extra points, light extra ball, advance lock or such.

#3091 4 years ago
Quoted from TheJerol:

To me it looked like the ball was held by the post in the left inlane while the Smart Missile countdown happened, then released to the left flipper and you had to hit that standup target between the pops at the top of the playfield to get the "BOOM" effect. Elwin in fact does this at about the 42:30 mark of the reveal stream video. The lockbar button does not appear to be involved with the Smart Missile mechanic based on what I can see.

Since the ball is stopped in the left inlane for the Smart Missile countdown, I think it would be a cool touch to have the action button used to "launch the missle" (actuate the left flipper). It would have the same feel as firing the canon in AC/DC, etc, and be a nice throw-back to the DE JP Smart Missile button. Of course make it an option since there will be people who either hate the idea, or do not realize what is happening, so they can still use the left button too. Probably need to put in a ball save if set to action button only for those that do not understand what to do and watch the ball drain because of it. Or it could be as simple as being able to use either the left flipper button as usual, or get double points if you use the action button. That would be cool.

#3092 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Since the ball is stopped in the left inlane for the Smart Missile countdown, I think it would be a cool touch to have the action button used to "launch the missle" (actuate the left flipper). It would have the same feel as firing the canon in AC/DC, etc, and be a nice throw-back to the DE JP Smart Missile button. Of course make it an option since there will be people who either hate the idea, or do not realize what is happening, so they can still use the left button too. Probably need to put in a ball save if set to action button only for those that do not understand what to do and watch the ball drain because of it. Or it could be as simple as being able to use either the left flipper button as usual, or get double points if you use the action button. That would be cool.

Wouldn't that require additional hardware to launch?

#3093 4 years ago

That would remind me of the Austin Powers Laser Beam shot.

#3094 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

In Vegas it summons a Keno girl over to your game.

#3095 4 years ago

So this game is at Pinburgh and not many reviews. Where are the reviews?

#3096 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So this game is at Pinburgh and not many reviews. Where are the reviews?

I don't get it either. I was shocked no one posted photos prior to me getting there just before 2 yesterday.

Lines were steady on every game. Lots of younger people playing, 30'sish, but older people too. I figured a few pinsiders here and there, but this has been fairly barren for impressions.

#3097 4 years ago

Are the LE’s sold out?

#3098 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Are the LE’s sold out?

Hard to know unless you call around to individual distributors. There's no centralized stock list or anything. But I'm guessing there are still a few unspoken for.

#3099 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Are the LE’s sold out?

As recently as yesterday they were not, but my understanding is that the demand is significant, and that it won't be long if you don't reserve soon. It's interesting to think that they're more than likely going to sell out before Black Knight, or Wonka for that matter.

#3100 4 years ago

Thanks beerdudes!, now i want a JP, and i'm thirsty

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Machine - For Sale
Mequon, WI
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/62?hl=hollywoodbone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.