OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 73.
#3001 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Shots definitely are easier when you're Keith Elwin!
Display definitely looks solid, animations crisp in person.
Upper loop is doable once for sure. Some shots seems a bit tougher.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for your photos.

We can see differents "C H A O S" and "2X Lite Scoring" inserts on these pinball machines if we compare them to those seen on Stern website or on the reveal stream.

#3002 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Their house draft is so good, Over the Edge triple Belgian IPA. Well-hidden 9.5% ABV. It's a good thing my hotel was in walking distance last time I visited.

Please don’t call it Belgian beer when it’s not even brewed or created in Belgium please...
I’ve taste the so called ‘Belgian’ beers and was ashamed it was called this as it’s An insult to the many great real Belgian beers!

#rantmodeoff

#3003 4 years ago

From the pictures, it looks like the pros have the amber mosquito pop bumper covers, but sterns build spec pdf says that's supposed to be premium and LE?

#3004 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

From the pictures, it looks like the pros have the amber mosquito pop bumper covers, but sterns build spec pdf says that's supposed to be premium and LE?

I think you're wrong.
it's not a real popbumper cap with the mosquito in but a plastic with a picture on.

#3005 4 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

Please don’t call it Belgian beer when it’s not even brewed or created in Belgium please...
I’ve taste the so called ‘Belgian’ beers and was ashamed it was called this as it’s An insult to the many great real Belgian beers!
#rantmodeoff

Only 79 posts in 9 years and number 80 is defending his beer! You can insult pinball, but don't insult Belgian beer....

#3006 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I think you're wrong.
it's not a real popbumper cap with the mosquito in but a plastic with a picture on.

Ahhh, makes sense. So just a screen print, or decal over amber covers on the pro. Thanks for the clarification.

#3007 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I believe the shooter housing will have two holes for LEDs that project light onto the Amber. We have been told this accessory will be available for sale at the end of August.

shooter (resized).jpgshooter (resized).jpgJP-shooter (resized).jpgJP-shooter (resized).jpg
#3008 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Great pics. Thanks! One question: one pic has the playfield looking a lot more lit than the others. Did you use flash on it or was that lighting from the machine? I haven’t noticed any spotlights on the machines in pictures.

No flash at all.

Sorry for fugly pics, there were solid and steady lines, 2-3 deep for each machine, and much deeper for the premium.

Only played one game, guy after me blew it up to 80 million, most likely a pinsider!

#3009 4 years ago

Played 3 games. Gonna take a little to find the shots on this one (maiden felt natural to me, this does not).

Fun game. It is a good shooter, but nothing amazing like I thought when watching the stream. I think with more plays I will enjoy it more.

#3010 4 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

#rantmodeoff

I think that beer, they actually have brewed in Belgium. It's pretty neato indeed!

#3011 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Played 3 games. Gonna take a little to find the shots on this one (maiden felt natural to me, this does not).
Fun game. It is a good shooter, but nothing amazing like I thought when watching the stream. I think with more plays I will enjoy it more.

Did you blow it up with 80million one game? Curious as to who the mysterious Hilton is!!

#3012 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Well perhaps then you didn't own a Ghostbusters or Game Of Thrones or Kiss or ......, I wouldn't consider anything related to Stern as being arbitrary. Have they done better recently, yes, but do you they have a consistent track record, absolutely not. The code version can sometimes give some insight to how far along they feel it is.

Well lets work backwards

Black Knight SOR = basically finished when it came out

Munsters = basically finished when it came out

Beatles = finished when it came out

Deadpool = done within three or so months

Iron Maiden = basically finished when it came out

GotG = done within four or so months

Star Wars = I'll admit to not being super familiar with this code history, but it seemed to come out basically done

Aerosmith = basically finished when it came out

Batman 66 = the one game that did ship with garbage code, but Stern was upfront about it and would go on to make it their deepest game to date

Ghostbuster = done within a few months, but still going to see a large overhaul because of complaints over the years

So in the last four years...Stern has done a pretty great job with getting games to feature complete code shortly after launch.

#3013 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Did you blow it up with 80million one game? Curious as to who the mysterious Hilton is!!

I put up 157mil on one of them.

#3014 4 years ago

Let the other photos begin!!!

Half off drafts start in 14 minutes! Over the Edge is on special at $6, and even cheaper at HAPPY HOUR!!!

By the way, my amazing Italian Beef from Yovi's in Market Square!

20190801_154926 (resized).jpg20190801_154926 (resized).jpg20190801_161522 (resized).jpg20190801_161522 (resized).jpg20190801_161603 (resized).jpg20190801_161603 (resized).jpg20190801_161608 (resized).jpg20190801_161608 (resized).jpg
#3015 4 years ago

Sharp Edge is great, although the original location was much better and unfortunately closed. I remember going there back in the early 2000's and they always had Cantillon and other rare Belgians on hand for cheap prices... times have indeed changed.

#3016 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Let the other photos begin!!!
Half off drafts start in 14 minutes! Over the Edge is on special at $6, and even cheaper at HAPPY HOUR!!!
By the way, my amazing Italian Beef from Yovi's in Market Square![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ahhhh....Yovis! As a former Chicagoan, I feel I have the authority to say that nothing comes close to the excellence of his Italian beef sandwiches! Not. Even. Portillos.

#3017 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

My amazing Italian Beef from Yovi's in Market Square!

Nice! Is that beef a premium or an LE?

#3018 4 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

#rantmodeoff

I’ve been to Belgium and drank many beers there. Highly overrated. Loved the beers in Austria though.

#3019 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I think that beer, they actually have brewed in Belgium.

Indeed.
Over-the-Edge-Logo.jpgOver-the-Edge-Logo.jpg
Over the Edge – House Beer of the Sharp Edge
Brewed by Brouwerij Van Steenberge, Belgium
Belgian IPA, 9.5% abv

Hops abound in this triple Belgian ale, brewed with three times the normal amount of pilsner-malt to build on plenty of raw rich material, and an ‘over the edge’ amount of Hallertau and Aurora hops. Just to make it perfect with a great hoppy nose, a full round complex mouth-feel and a lingering beautiful hoppy aftertaste, in perfect balance with the glow of the 9.5% alcohol by volume. Refermented in the keg (keg conditioned) to infuse the softness and easy drinkability of the natural carbonation.

#3020 4 years ago

Out here in Aguanga we know good beer--and here it is.

Wait a minute, this isn't the good stuff--no wonder Stone is suing these clowns!

Screen-Shot-2018-02-13-at-9.29.12-AM (resized).pngScreen-Shot-2018-02-13-at-9.29.12-AM (resized).png
#3021 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Indeed.
[quoted image]
Over the Edge – House Beer of the Sharp Edge
Brewed by Brouwerij Van Steenberge, Belgium
Belgian IPA, 9.5% abv
Hops abound in this triple Belgian ale, brewed with three times the normal amount of pilsner-malt to build on plenty of raw rich material, and an ‘over the edge’ amount of Hallertau and Aurora hops. Just to make it perfect with a great hoppy nose, a full round complex mouth-feel and a lingering beautiful hoppy aftertaste, in perfect balance with the glow of the 9.5% alcohol by volume. Refermented in the keg (keg conditioned) to infuse the softness and easy drinkability of the natural carbonation.

Oh man, that sounds delicious! Are you in town for the tournament? Should be my third beer.

Went for an Augustijn Blonde, so damm smooth for a measly 7.5%.

Witterkerke is phenomenal as well.

20190801_165053 (resized).jpg20190801_165053 (resized).jpg
#3022 4 years ago

Y'alls beer drinkin is too highfalutin for me
6811f73679d19edfb5f399eb1d780f992120850085-600x450 (resized).jpg6811f73679d19edfb5f399eb1d780f992120850085-600x450 (resized).jpg

#3023 4 years ago

Um, guys, Octoberfest thread is next door.....

#3024 4 years ago

wesman Those photos of the sandwich and beer make me hungry and thirsty. Nice !

For a show meal and drink that looks like you scored the LE model for sandwich and beer ....

upvoted your sandwich and beer

#3025 4 years ago

Any idea on when the Premiums will start shipping?

#3026 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Any idea on when the Premiums will start shipping?

That has been asked several times. Most say October (after pros and LEs) but one person noted that his distributor (optimistically) told him late September.

#3027 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Never understood why people care about code versions in software. The number is an arbitrary distinction and only meaningful to the programmers. The game looked mostly complete on the stream except maybe some additional polish and possibly more wizard mode work. Stern's last few games have all been feature complete within two or so months of shipping.

the stream did show some old DMD art place holders with the end of game / high score stuff. artwork likely not done on that.

#3028 4 years ago

May we get back to seeing pics from the exhibit hall and game impressions?

#3029 4 years ago

Noticed that the pic taken of the pro model has a color instruction card. Wonder if that will be on production models too?

#3030 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

That has been asked several times. Most say October (after pros and LEs) but one person noted that his distributor (optimistically) told him late September.

Yeah, I've been hearing late September for Premiums.

Thanks for the beer and grub praise everyone! Just trying to help folks out with good eats for this year or next.

#3031 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yeah, I've been hearing late September for Premiums.
Thanks for the beer and grub praise everyone! Just trying to help folks out with good eats for this year or next.

But most of us are here to talk about the game, not to be inundated by beer pics and talk. Please leave that out and go to a website focused on that...

#3032 4 years ago

I can't drink beer anymore

Makes me black out then hunt for trollops & eightballs

But I do eat sandwiches

Has anyone been quoted street price for Premiums yet?

#3033 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Are you in town for the tournament?

I picked the wrong year to skip, with seven JP2 machines on freeplay.

#3034 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

But most of us are here to talk about the game, not to be inundated by beer pics and talk.

"Inundated." Ten beer posts vs. 3,000+ about a game almost no one has played. At least I've had the beer I'm recommending!

#3035 4 years ago

Has anyone played the Premium and Pro that can give a comparison ? Is the Premium a much better playing experience over the Pro?

#3036 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Y'alls beer drinkin is too highfalutin for me
[quoted image]

Nobody believes me when I tell them about this beer!

#3037 4 years ago

You outta see that premium Dino after some Belgian boots!

Nice timing with a post Pirates Fireworks show Sat night

#3038 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I can't drink beer anymore
Makes me black out then hunt for trollops & eightballs
But I do eat sandwiches
Has anyone been quoted street price for Premiums yet?

I get it.. stay away from them eightballs.. kills the pin budget among other things.

I know of one buyer that secured $7299 shipped.

#3039 4 years ago
Quoted from drained:

I get it.. stay away from them eightballs.. kills the pin budget among other things.

Great price! Competition keeps the world going round...

#3040 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

But most of us are here to talk about the game, not to be inundated by beer pics and talk. Please leave that out and go to a website focused on that...

Sure, if I was posting beer photos at 10:30.

By the way, Sharpe Edge has a happy hour tomorrow 4:30-6:30, and also Sunday 2-4PM. Pinsiders need good places to eat and drink while they're here!

Don't make me send Artemis Gordon after you with some excellent Brandy!

How do I delete photos by the way...?

Anyone want Premium specific photos?

20190801_175438 (resized).jpg20190801_175438 (resized).jpg20190801_171631 (resized).jpg20190801_171631 (resized).jpg20190801_175438 (resized).jpg20190801_175438 (resized).jpg20190801_175438 (resized).jpg20190801_175438 (resized).jpg779d8b1be21ef7c9f8S0q2MjAzNDUy00nJLLIqKMpPKU0uidFPSS3OTM-LLzOK0bewMIvRL7U0MgMygIpyrQwtDSqMLEx1kqwMdQqAOLWixCqrIB0A.pr868246-2-43779d8b1be21ef7c9f8S0q2MjAzNDUy00nJLLIqKMpPKU0uidFPSS3OTM-LLzOK0bewMIvRL7U0MgMygIpyrQwtDSqMLEx1kqwMdQqAOLWixCqrIB0A.pr868246-2-43
#3041 4 years ago

I hate you. In the best way.

#3042 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Grumble grumble. *hick!*

Screenshot (2550) (resized).pngScreenshot (2550) (resized).pngimages (4) (resized).jpegimages (4) (resized).jpeg
#3043 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Meh

It’s only $2 less than paying full retail pricing after credit card rewards.

#3044 4 years ago
Quoted from drained:

I secured my Pro for $5600, no tax, and free shipping if anyone is interested.

#3045 4 years ago

for those that have played it, is that top loop shot repeatable like maiden or is it not meant to go loop to loop as I really like games like that (like GW2)...

#3046 4 years ago

KME said something to the effect of it being too fast to effectively loop over & over. It's designed to combo into the far left scoop ramp.

#3047 4 years ago

Managed to get a high quality photo of the Premium.....plus a high quality Chicago Dog Moosestache!

20190801_190755 (resized).jpg20190801_190755 (resized).jpg
#3048 4 years ago

Jurassic Park is so Hot, here is some inside info for Universal Studios, Florida.
A New ride is to be built called the "Velocicoaster"

#3049 4 years ago

I just realized we don't even know what the action button does yet.

#3050 4 years ago

That translight is weak

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.