OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 73.
#2951 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

.. and fun enough to spend 4 quarters on to play a few times. Most games aren’t fun enough to buy, but that would be impractical.

I’m not saying there’s no fun games since the 90’s, just that the experimentation and light heartedness sort of got lost. Probably licensing has had a lot to do with it. And an economic fear of making something different in case it doesn’t work.

JP2 game seems to bring some of that back.

I didn’t say it’s the best since the 90’s or most fun since the 90’s, but it just seems to capture whatever that is that went missing after “pinball almost died”.

#2952 4 years ago

Wonder when we’ll hear some reports from ReplayFx. When’s it start?

#2953 4 years ago

Pinball almost died!?!?!

#2954 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I can count the # of UNFUN games released in the last two decades on one hand and without removing my mittens first. Let’s see - Avengers, Jetsons, Thunderbirds.

You, sir, have some weird three-fingered mittens!

how-to-draw-michaelangelo-from-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2014-tmnt-step-10 (resized).jpghow-to-draw-michaelangelo-from-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2014-tmnt-step-10 (resized).jpg
#2955 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Photos of the optional side armor :[quoted image][quoted image]

That dino's cell signal is great. 4G?

#2956 4 years ago

What date are we hearing the JP2 premium will be out for shipment?

#2957 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Pinball almost died!?!?!

I don’t think that’s any secret.

60DCA529-F72A-493F-816B-3B38FC041479 (resized).png60DCA529-F72A-493F-816B-3B38FC041479 (resized).png
#2958 4 years ago

So jp will be available to play starting today right at replay fx? Not sure I can get there today but will try this weekend. Interesting to see pics and here impressions

#2959 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So jp will be available to play starting today right at replay fx? Not sure I can get there today but will try this weekend. Interesting to see pics and here impressions

5-7 on the floor. Not currently turned on but will be aoon

#2960 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

All pros?

#2961 4 years ago

1 prem

#2962 4 years ago

Keith said 6 pros and 1 premium are there now.

#2964 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I don’t think that’s any secret.[quoted image]

Sorry, I had to go see a man about a wallaby.

#2965 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wonder when we’ll hear some reports from ReplayFx. When’s it start?

Now

#2966 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just watched another 30 minutes of the stream. No sound, just the footage.
There’s so many satisfying shots in this game:
- the right mini ramp shot.
- the raptor cage
- the left tower shot
- left upper loop
- center loop shot
Not to mention the 2 main ramp shots which are fantastic. Game just looks incredibly fun to shoot.
Any complaining at this stage really is just nit-picking.
I get that it’s not perfect - it’s a shame there’s no actual footage, that the callouts could be better, that the art isn’t art gallery worthy, that there’s some plastics that could have been sculpts.
But one of the best things is the game doesn’t take itself too seriously. It just looks like fun and for some reason I feel like that’s been missing in pinball since the 90’s.

I like and agree with what you’re saying, except:
1. No actual footage is a good thing IMO. No way to satisfy everyone and if anyone wishes to see the footage, put on a $20 copy in 4K and see all the footage you want. Like the idea of newly created story lines and footage animated. So much more new stuff is done with this, rather than sandwich in various movie footage that is not meant necessarily for the game.
2. The art work is art gallery worthy, because all art is in the eye of the beholder. Go to an art gallery and take a look. So much stuff there is hard to figure out why it’s worthy to be called art. 3 different art packages to choose from. All make you feel like you’re in the JP universe.
3. Sculpts are not that good on most tables. Take the spinning pirate on POTC, it is not too good or the witch on WOZ or the sculpt on MET. Tables without sculpts, look more 21st century, unless Hallmark has done them. They’re the only people that seem to pull off a good sculpt. JP has a modern look to the table and gives the feel of being in JP. Most mod/sculpts are 3D printed and unless the printer is high caliber and printing at 1 micron, most 3D printed sculpts, look like trash.

#2967 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

You, sir, have some weird three-fingered mittens![quoted image]

It’s a popular look.

894D619F-67CD-4C93-A587-4025582271A4.jpeg894D619F-67CD-4C93-A587-4025582271A4.jpeg
#2968 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Most mod/sculpts are 3D printed and unless the printer is high caliber and printing at 1 micron, most 3D printed sculpts, look like trash.

My pet hate. Wish there was a way to eliminate the ridges.

#2969 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

That dino's cell signal is great. 4G?

GSM reception was weak on Isla Nublar, they used satellite phones.

#2970 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

My pet hate. Who’s there was a way to eliminate the ridges.

The printer I use goes down to 16 micron layers for the one material...I usually print at 28 microns, but its expensive to own and run. Material is $.30/gram for build and $.16/gram for support. It adds up fast.

#2971 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

What date are we hearing the JP2 premium will be out for shipment?

E-mail I got from a distributor said Pros will ship in late August with LE in September and Premiums in October.

#2972 4 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

E-mail I got from a distributor said Pros will ship in late August with LE is September and Premiums in October.

Thanks!

#2973 4 years ago

I am a bit confused about the shooter rod. Does the one with the amber end and mosquito come included with the LE or will it be only available for all models through Stern's online store? And, I heard somewhere that it will be back lit via an led mounted beneath it in the cabinet. Is that correct? Lastly, if the special shooter rod is not standard on any model, is there going to be a removable plug to accommodate the led or a 'drilling' opportunity? Thanks in advance for any insights on this because I know I want it.

#2974 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I am a bit confused about the shooter rod. Does the one with the amber end and mosquito come included with the LE or will it be only available for all models through Stern's online store? And, I heard somewhere that it will be back lit via an led mounted beneath it in the cabinet. Is that correct? Lastly, if the special shooter rod is not standard on any model, is there going to be a removable plug to accommodate the led or a 'drilling' opportunity? Thanks in advance for any insights on this because I know I want it.

Ditto

#2975 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

If it's not on the model matrix must be coming to the Stern store. Would have been a nice LE perk for sure. Typically LE features aren't resold, at least not in the Stern store. Something like this I'd support being an LE owner and allowing others to buy.

#2976 4 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

E-mail I got from a distributor said Pros will ship in late August with LE is September and Premiums in October.

Why soooo looooong?!

..probably got the line filled with those pesky but kinda awesome Star Wars The Pin games...

#2977 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Why soooo looooong?!
..probably got the line filled with those pesky but kinda awesome Star Wars The Pin games...

I was told Pros ship mid-August, LE's first of September, then Premiums, likely late September

#2978 4 years ago
BABC8E70-283E-4F41-8304-E8866A0F8415.gifBABC8E70-283E-4F41-8304-E8866A0F8415.gif
#2979 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

No movie clips and limited assets are the exact reason I bought POTC and will buy JP. Creativity gets me excited. Movie clips are for lemmings.

I watched the stream a bit last night and the animations for JP are amazing. I love what they did.

#2980 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

If it's not on the model matrix must be coming to the Stern store. Would have been a nice LE perk for sure. Typically LE features aren't resold, at least not in the Stern store. Something like this I'd support being an LE owner and allowing others to buy.

FWIW, it's also not in any of the Pro/Prem/LE stock photos. Must be a Stern Shop add-on, hopefully for all models... and hopefully not $100.

#2981 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

and hopefully not $100.

Of course it won't be $100.....when they can charge $200 for it!

#2982 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Phew! I thought you were saying they'd only be playable from 5-7..!

That's happy hour time baaaaby! Half off excellent belgian drafts at the Sharpe Edge, just a brisk walk away!

#2983 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Of course it won't be $100.....when they can charge $200 for it!

It will be 79,99$ MSRP.

#2984 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I believe the shooter housing will have two holes for LEDs that project light onto the Amber. We have been told this accessory will be available for sale at the end of August.

#2985 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

That's happy hour time baaaaby! Half off excellent belgian drafts at the Sharpe Edge, just a brisk walk away!

Their house draft is so good, Over the Edge triple Belgian IPA. Well-hidden 9.5% ABV. It's a good thing my hotel was in walking distance last time I visited.

#2986 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I believe the shooter housing will have two holes for LEDs that project light onto the Amber. We have been told this accessory will be available for sale at the end of August.

We can see the two leds on this photo :

JP-Shooter-Knob-2-e1564157151675 (resized).jpgJP-Shooter-Knob-2-e1564157151675 (resized).jpg
#2987 4 years ago

GOTG = Clips of movies with errbody calling it a cut/paste "phone in" job

JP2 = Custom animations with errbody asking "where are the clips"

Lol

Also. This seems like a hybrid. It's somewhere between an original theme & a licensed game. I like it. Cool.

#2988 4 years ago

Can someone please provide more detail on the control room modes? Curious to know more.

#2989 4 years ago

Any gameplay news from the Replay show?

#2990 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Thanks Zach. You would be my distributor of choice if you would open up a branch in Portland, Oregon!

#2991 4 years ago

Lots of folks here already!!

20190801_134617 (resized).jpg20190801_134617 (resized).jpg20190801_134644 (resized).jpg20190801_134644 (resized).jpg
#2992 4 years ago

Shots definitely are easier when you're Keith Elwin!

Display definitely looks solid, animations crisp in person.

Upper loop is doable once for sure. Some shots seems a bit tougher.

20190801_135152 (resized).jpg20190801_135152 (resized).jpg20190801_135153 (resized).jpg20190801_135153 (resized).jpg20190801_135525 (resized).jpg20190801_135525 (resized).jpg
#2993 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Upper loop is doable once for sure. Some shots seems a bit tougher.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks fun. What do you give it out of a 10. 1 bad and 10 being the best in the world.

#2994 4 years ago

Pro translite colors look better in your photos than any I've seen so far. Thanks!

#2995 4 years ago

What code version does it say they have?

#2996 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

What code version does it say they have?

Never understood why people care about code versions in software. The number is an arbitrary distinction and only meaningful to the programmers. The game looked mostly complete on the stream except maybe some additional polish and possibly more wizard mode work. Stern's last few games have all been feature complete within two or so months of shipping.

#2997 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

We can see the two leds on this photo :[quoted image]

Ahhh ok possibly. I thought they were holes with LEDs right behind them. Who knows haha

Quoted from arcadem:

Thanks Zach. You would be my distributor of choice if you would open up a branch in Portland, Oregon!

We have plenty of happy customers we ship to in the northwest don’t let that stop ya

#2998 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Upper loop is doable once for sure. Some shots seems a bit tougher.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great pics. Thanks! One question: one pic has the playfield looking a lot more lit than the others. Did you use flash on it or was that lighting from the machine? I haven’t noticed any spotlights on the machines in pictures.

#2999 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Never understood why people care about code versions in software. The number is an arbitrary distinction and only meaningful to the programmers. The game looked mostly complete on the stream except maybe some additional polish and possibly more wizard mode work. Stern's last few games have all been feature complete within two or so months of shipping.

Well perhaps then you didn't own a Ghostbusters or Game Of Thrones or Kiss or ......, I wouldn't consider anything related to Stern as being arbitrary. Have they done better recently, yes, but do you they have a consistent track record, absolutely not. The code version can sometimes give some insight to how far along they feel it is.

#3000 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Looks fun. What do you give it out of a 10. 1 bad and 10 being the best in the world.

Probably 1014.6! Give or take 1006.2

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Inver Grove Heights, MN
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/60?hl=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.