New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 247792)

Next Stern title is JP2 Jurassic Park

By Whysnow

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3,615 posts
  • 534 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 63 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 411 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic1187187 (resized).jpg
2D753FE8-9E2E-404B-B81C-2095AF0773F0 (resized).jpeg
enema-1553255444 (resized).jpg
E1F1D222-E3E5-4C7E-A6D7-E06DAA62D0F4 (resized).png
schmittsgay.gif
farleyangry.gif
BE63333A-2982-43A0-A5B5-7BD0351A494A (resized).jpeg
OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3615 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 73.
#2901 1 year ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Garbage design all around, from a designer who no one should be supporting any more.

Playing and/or owning GB is not "supporting" him the way you framed it here.

Quoted from sethi_i:

As for the other statement, I supported my local distributor. I don't know who you gave your money to.

Yes, this.

#2902 1 year ago

Anyone worried about the T-rex malfunctioning too often on Prem?? Deal breaker? I'm hopeful Stern can get it worked out by Sept for Prem production.

#2903 1 year ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Anyone worried about the T-rex malfunctioning too often on Prem?? Deal breaker? I'm hopeful Stern can get it worked out by Sept for Prem production.

Yep....noticed that it malfunctioned during the video stream....also a little worried about play field damage along with the ball getting stuck. Probably ok in a home environment if it doesn't happen often, but could be a nightmare on location.

#2904 1 year ago

Well the Death Star famously malfunctioned in the release video as well so maybe it's juts a shtick they're doing?

#2905 1 year ago

It malfunctioned once, on a prototype machine. Not too worried. A Premium (same pin?) will be at Pinburgh, so if it is a problem should find out more then.

#2906 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Looks like a few of no-brainer mods could be made for this game. Better looking control tower for all models. For the Pro, helicopter blades that spin with the ball hits, Raptor replacement, perhaps some kind of T-Rex mod.

I'd like raptors that pop out of the playfield under the map, but that SLE doesn't exist!

#2907 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

I'd like raptors that pop out of the playfield under the map, but that SLE doesn't exist!

I would like a dino that eats the ball, raptors that pop up underneath the playfield, and sone cool display animations of the T-rex eating the lawyer off the toilet.

#2908 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I would like a dino that eats the ball, raptors that pop up underneath the playfield, and sone cool display animations of the T-rex eating the lawyer off the toilet.

Now you’re talking! If nothing else, the lawyer on a toilet and spring that Trex hits occasionally!

#2909 1 year ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Yes, very sure. Have owned GB and played tons of BM66. BM66 flows for days compared to GB. The right ramp on the premium didn't even work as designed. Needed to be lowered to get the ball to even be able to make the turn. Garbage design all around, from a designer who no one should be supporting any more.

Theres more to pinball then two standard ramps that return the ball directly to the flippers.

#2910 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Why is the tower literally several pieces of thin plastic with bare metal screw heads all over?

Cost savings. And it gives the mod-makers something to improve on.

#2911 1 year ago

Finally got to the end of this thread

Watched parts of the stream between jobs on night shift this week and unless I missed it there wasn’t a lot of fan fare/choreography with the t-rex or it was easily missed if it was there.

I was kinda hoping for a big visual display, dropping out the GI and popping flashers and lights off that backboard to replicate the t-Rex coming through the fence in the rain and lighting, just something to make it really stand out.

#2912 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

a little worried about play field damage along with the ball getting stuck. Probably ok in a home environment if it doesn't happen often, but could be a nightmare on location.

Yea I’m not too worried about ball hitting the PF happens a lot anyway in most pins heck SM web sling drops the ball a lot more often than T-Rex but who knows maybe Stern is using cheaper wood these days. Hopefully they put some Mylar in pop area from factory. Have done in past like in ST it’s unnoticeable and probably helps somewhat.

#2913 1 year ago

If you're worried about the ball hitting the playfield just set the T-Rex to always drop it on the ramp, it's in the settings.

#2914 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you're worried about the ball hitting the playfield just set the T-Rex to always drop it on the ramp, it's in the settings.

Good intel...how do you know that? Did they mention it on the video stream?

#2915 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yes, they mentioned that it was a setting in the stream.

#2916 1 year ago

It could be set to throw the ball randomly, or to only drop the ball into the left wireform.

#2917 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Post #2157 of this very thread.

#2918 1 year ago

Anyone know where this instruction card was from besides the leaked photos? Looks like it has a part number on it but isn’t on the LE.

B9EA0A86-7979-4791-A71D-4E3B746D874B (resized).jpeg
#2919 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you're worried about the ball hitting the playfield just find a new hobby. set the T-Rex to always drop it on the ramp, it's in the settings.

Fixed your post. Making a joke here, but man I can't imagine liking this hobby and worrying about something happening that's literally happening hundreds of times per game.

#2920 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I was kinda hoping for a big visual display, dropping out the GI and popping flashers and lights off that backboard to replicate the t-Rex coming through the fence in the rain and lighting, just something to make it really stand out.

I was thinking the same thing when I watched it. Like all the lights should go out except for a spotlight on him. Maybe in future code?

#2921 1 year ago
Quoted from tpir:

Playing and/or owning GB is not "supporting" him the way you framed it here.

Yeah, I'm assuming he's also never leaving prison for the rest of his life.

Quoted from J-Freeze:

Post #2157 of this very thread.

And if you plan on leaving it off, )though you can also select it to drop onto the wireform) maybe just go for the Pro.

From what Keith said the three settings are off position, wang dongling random drop position, and direct wireform drop position.

He didn't use those words exactly, mind you.

#2922 1 year ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Fixed your post. Making a joke here, but man I can't imagine liking this hobby and worrying about something happening that's literally happening hundreds of times per game.

really...I own a lot of games and not one of them shoots the ball in the air and lands on the play field...every now and then you'll get an air ball, but as u stated thats pinball....with these softer play fields it might be a concern? who knows? the good news is you can make the change in the software setting....sounds like u need to make a few adjustments your games

#2923 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yeah, I'm assuming he's also never leaving prison for the rest of his life.

And if you plan on leaving it off, )though you can also select it to drop onto the wireform) maybe just go for the Pro.
From what Keith said the three settings are off position, wang dongling random drop position, and direct wireform drop position.
He didn't use those words exactly, mind you.

I think the 3 settings are just for the "thrash and throw" feature.
1. Random
2. Into the pops every time
3. Off

With it "off" the default is to just drop it on the wireform. As in dropping on the wireform is not considered "thrash and throw".
Turning the "drop on wireform" off is probably a separate setting to just disable the trex interaction all together.

#2924 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

really...I own a lot of games and not one of them shoots the ball in the air and lands on the play field...every now and then you'll get an air ball, but as u stated thats pinball....with these softer play fields it might be a concern? who knows? the good news is you can make the change in the software setting....sounds like u need to make a few adjustments your games

I'd like to think with enough concentrated Trex ball drops, he'll be simulating the meteor onto your playfield that killed his kind.

Sweet, sweet REVEEEEEENNNGE!

#2925 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Plenty of games where balls fall from height onto the Playfield.

#2926 1 year ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I think the 3 settings are just for the "thrash and throw" feature.
1. Random
2. Into the pops every time
3. Off
With it "off" the default is to just drop it on the wireform. As in dropping on the wireform is not considered "thrash and throw".
Turning the "drop on wireform" off is probably a separate setting to just disable the trex interaction all together.

Wonder what the default is. Definitely ads an element of randomness. Competition players will hate it.

#2927 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Doesn’t the ball fall off clown head on CV?

#2928 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wonder what the default is. Definitely ads an element of randomness. Competition players will hate it.

Don’t know the ball lands up in the upper PF it not being thrown STM.

#2929 1 year ago

I will assume that those who are worried about a random toss from the dinosaur has never owned or played a Cirqus Voltaire. Many other examples I'm certain.

And I don't want to set off a wave of panic but the ball drops at the end of the return ramps (on any game) should be far more of a concern than this.

(edit) Jinx @ Rai

#2930 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I believe u....none of mine do All I'm saying is with the soft play fields there could possibly be an issue in the future. Who knows maybe mylar helps? Only time will tell.

#2931 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Doesn’t the ball fall off clown head on CV?

yep, Spiderman it gets slammed into the PF, Twilight Zone, Aerosmith, Dialed in, heaps of games.

#2932 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Don’t know the ball lands up in the upper PF it not being thrown STM.

True, dont know where it can land - if its only the pops thats not going to make any difference.

#2933 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

This is what has been said on Pinside from what I have read:

Quoted from sk8ball:

There are 3 T-rex Thrash- throw settings. Random, pops, never. If you are worried about breaking wireforms then set it to off

#2934 1 year ago

So I didn't watch the entire stream was too chaotic with all those people playing and the dinosaurs costume. Can someone explain the map how it works and how you can tell when a carnivore is approaching etc?

#2935 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

So I didn't watch the entire stream was too chaotic with all those people playing and the dinosaurs costume.

Just keep your eyes on the right of the screen. You don't have to look at the people.

#2936 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I will assume that those who are worried about a random toss from the dinosaur has never owned or played a Cirqus Voltaire. Many other examples I'm certain.
And I don't want to set off a wave of panic but the ball drops at the end of the return ramps (on any game) should be far more of a concern than this.
(edit) Jinx @ Rai

I think on avg Bally/Williams playfields were better than todays standards.

#2937 1 year ago

3 mini wizard modes according to the apron card!
RAPTORS IN THE KITCHEN, MUSEUM MAYHEM, SECURE CONTROL ROOM.
Tell me more! It sounds great!

#2938 1 year ago

Do you have to play each paddock you navigate to, or can you continue traveling to a harder distant paddock first?

#2939 1 year ago

Here’s my takeaway on rules as far as I can tell

Main modes:
- hit 3 white shots to spell MAP
- then hit trex ramp which moves your virtual car to the next of two spots (AKA paddocks) on the map. The specific paddock is determined by which way the car is facing when you hit the trex ramp
- next, depending on the specific spot you are on you get to capture a specific dinosaur to add a unique perk, which is represented by a roving green shot. This is accomplished first by hitting ‘set trap’ targets, then the helicopter shot, and then the now flashing green shot. While you are trying to do all this, the green dinosaur shot moves towards the orange shots that represent humans to rescue before the dino gets there. Rescue enough and get an extra ball.
- keep moving to end of map to get one of the mini wizard modes

Side mission: trex modes
- hit truck 4x to spell trex, then hit trex ramp to start these modes that have the trex head move on the premium and le

Side mission: control room
- shoot far left scoop to start these modes when lit. Not sure how they get lit though.
- play these modes to get another mini wizard mode

Pteranodon:
- shoot the back right ramp a bunch of times, then a switch hit frenzy starts. Get a bunch of switches and then hit the back right ramp again.

I’m guessing the last mini wizard mode has you collect all the fossils but I’m not sure how to do that.

Digging the rules so far.

#2940 1 year ago

What’s the action button going to do?

#2941 1 year ago
Quoted from pickleric:

What’s the action button going to do?

I hope collects dino turd bonuses....

One can dream, anyway.

1qv96d (resized).jpg
#2942 1 year ago

Photos of the optional side armor :

JP-Side-Armor-2-e1564158717469 (1) (resized).jpgJP-Side-Armor-e1564158691575 (1) (resized).jpg
#2943 1 year ago

As touched on by previous posts, making an injection mold is costly, and 3D printing is too slow and lacks detail if you use the cheaper machines. Another option is to resin cast from a 3d printed or hand sculpted master. I am not so sure Groot in GOTG isn't a resin casting of some sort. Resin casting is relatively cheap from a materials cost standpoint...but you will have some time in mixing, pouring, curing, demolding and then repeating the process a few hundred times. And also don't forget....you are going to have to paint these parts somehow as well. You need to pay an employee or employees to do that. So yes, there is quite a bit that goes into a 3d molded sculpt compared to some screwed on pieces of plastic.

#2944 1 year ago

Just watched another 30 minutes of the stream.

There’s so many satisfying shots in this game:

- the right mini ramp shot.
- the raptor cage
- the left tower shot
- left upper loop
- center loop shot

Not to mention the 2 main ramp shots which are fantastic. Game just looks incredibly fun to shoot.

Any complaining at this stage really is just nit-picking.

I get that it’s not perfect - it’s a shame there’s no actual footage, that the callouts could be better, that the art isn’t art gallery worthy, that there’s some plastics that could have been sculpts.

But one of the best things is the game doesn’t take itself too seriously. It just looks like fun and for some reason I feel like that’s been missing in pinball since the 90’s.

#2945 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It just looks like fun and for some reason I feel like that’s been missing in pinball since the 90’s.

R u serious? theres a ton of fun and dare I say much much better pins in recent times than anything from the 90's. I love the 90's stuff as well but I don't think the pins in the last 2 decades lack fun factor.

#2946 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

R u serious? theres a ton of fun and dare I say much much better pins in recent times than anything from the 90's. I love the 90's stuff as well but I don't think the pins in the last 2 decades lack fun factor.

Yeh, that’s a bit of hyperbole. But it’s few and far between. So many games take themselves too seriously. The 90’s games, whilst I personally think they’re not as good as many games today, were just fun games.

I’m by no means saying there’s been no good games since then. Just talking about a lack of fun.

And lack of good, new, satisfying shots. There’s been so much cookie cutter lately. This is just a bit of fresh air. Which reminds me of the 90’s when they took risks with shots and layouts.

#2947 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

R u serious? theres a ton of fun and dare I say much much better pins in the recent times than anything from the 90's. I love the 90's stuff as well but I don't think the pins in the last 2 decades lack fun factor.

I can count the # of UNFUN games released in the last two decades on one hand and without removing my mittens first. Let’s see - Avengers, Jetsons, Thunderbirds.

#2948 1 year ago

What are the rules about the raptor pen area?

What happens if you lock s ball there and then drain? The ball stays there for the next player? I guess a hit to a captive ball would count as a lock then.

#2949 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I can count the # of UNFUN games released in the last two decades on one hand and without removing my glove.

Sure, all pinball is fun to a certain extent.

#2950 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Sure, all pinball is fun to a certain extent.

.. and fun enough to spend 4 quarters on to play a few times. Most games aren’t fun enough to buy, but that would be impractical.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 3615 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 73.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside