OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 73.
#2801 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep it was quick

Following that, Deadpool was quick too. It came out with code around v .80 and within three months it was complete. Rules and objectives were then adjusted further until DP code was fully baked. Stern displayed a great openness to receiving feedback and a commitment to finishing code. Stern integrated cool new video assets in a way not seen before. And this effort continued from release until code completion, in one-final-push fashion, which was only previously seen with Maiden. The progression of video development was Aerosmith, BM66 (only one featuring synch’d video clips from source), Maiden, DP and BKSOR.

This is Keith’s second rodeo and from the teaser videos, expect code to follow a similar trajectory this time. Meaning an evolved video style and almost finished code at launch, continued effort to complete game within a few months and whip creme, deez nuts and cherries over the last months. Done! Also this games appears to has a shallower rule set than Maiden. It is an interactive map, four mb’s and a wizard mode - EZPZ. PLUS players are interactively competing against each other! No mention of this new aspect to rules was uncovered by the pinball media, either. Sheesh we all saw numbers on the map representing the players, but then what ??? maybe it’s best to leave that stone unturned for another day.

#2802 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I'm a POTC LE owner and totally agree with you the CE is way over priced.... Now if they increased the price by 500 to 1000 then ok but 3k is way too much

I was going to buy the Premium at $7600 and then saw the LE at 9000, so for me it was a $1400 difference.

With all the mods that are part of this one that's about $700 if I were to buy and add on myself. HD Glass, Shakers, Custom blades.

SO now it's $700 more for all the other " Stuff" Signed Plaque, mirrored backglass, exclusive custom themed cabinet artwork, a custom autographed bottom arch.

I took the plunge and pre-ordered mine.

My logic at it's finest...HAHA.

#2803 4 years ago

I cant wait to flip this game I really like the way the lay out on this looks like a fun pin

#2804 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I cant wait to flip this game I really like the way the lay out on this looks like a fun pin

AGREED!!!!

#2805 4 years ago

Was in Walmart today and saw all kinds of Jurassic World toys, including a trex with a swinging head, opening mouth and a swinging tail. The head looked similar in size and shape to one on JP2. JW edged most of the JP stuff off the shelf.

There were Toy Story branded toys all over the place and I am sure it was on account of Toy Story 4 release this year. One toy I did not see anywhere though was a Toy Story pinball machine, poor Toy Story pinball (ok so Walmart doesn’t make such a good outlet for selling pinball machines).

I looked for the Willy Wonka toy section and came up empty handed too.

There was an assortment of Deadpool products that included video games, action figures, toys, costumes, clothes and bed sheets. For same reason as Toy Story, no DP pinball machines were seen either.

#2806 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I want to love Wonka, the layout looks amazing.
Theme integration / mission objective wise I get more excited about trapping dinosaurs, shooting missiles, and defending against computer viruses vs. collecting chocolate bars.

This really says it all for Willy Wonka. They kinda screwed up. Wonka might have had a chance to be more impressive than JP, but at this stage, it’s not even close. JP is just way more “pinball”.

I do wish the JP music was a little more rockin’. The game just goes crazy sometimes, an absolute frenzy, and if there was some heart pumping music it would be, er, better IMO. The seemed pretty tame and soundtracky, but I might be wrong about this, as I was concentrating on the gameplay and mostly other stuff. But because I didn’t really notice the soundtrack, I’m worried it’s kinda tame.

But even so, you’re battling dinosaurs and shooting missles and in Wonka you’re collecting Wonka Bars.

#2807 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

That pretty much nails it. Plot seems to take place immediately following the 1st movie with you trying to rescue remaining staff by evacuating them off the island, while capturing the loose dinos along the way, etc.
It looks super fun but is very much an arcade-take on the source material. Lots of stuff that doesn't strictly make sense but is fun to include in a more generic "Dino hunt" theme. No serious JP moments here, it's all for simple fun.
But, looks to be a very fun pinball game. Great rewarding shots, fun toys, sound, etc. etc.

Thank you. I didn't come to bash it I just wanted some info and feedback. Surprisingly I didn't get any thumbs down but I did use 'assume' looking for insight and clarification.

I can be quite okay with a arcade-take pin on the franchise, I just assumed (hoped) by the rumor and by the name that it was going to go back to the movie. It's not too unlike Ghostbusters after a Ghostbusters. Now we have to refer to each of them as Ghostbusters '84 and Ghostbusters '16. Of which I am a fan of the '84 version

I did watch Keith and Team this morning from their stream. The game does look cool. The call outs are odd to me though so I will have to accept it for what it is.

#2808 4 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

I mean the book came first - where are the animations showing pages and pages of text??

Good one!

#2809 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I was going to buy the Premium at $7600 and then saw the LE at 9000, so for me it was a $1400 difference.
With all the mods that are part of this one that's about $700 if I were to buy and add on myself. HD Glass, Shakers, Custom blades.
SO now it's $700 more for all the other " Stuff" Signed Plaque, mirrored backglass, exclusive custom themed cabinet artwork, a custom autographed bottom arch.
I took the plunge and pre-ordered mine.
My logic at it's finest...HAHA.

I was just saying the same thing. Right or wrong, for me it was pro or LE. Maybe we are both retarded. How did you get to 489? Or am i retarded? Lol

#2810 4 years ago

What is this signed plaque? Like a legitimate signed plaque? Thought that was just a cert and and the apron scribble..

#2811 4 years ago

Showed my wife Peanuts video on pro and premium.

She doesn't play pinball but thinks I should get the premium. The T Rex gobbling the ball won her over. I'm normally a pro buyer,kind of frugal.
Thanks Peanuts.

#2812 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

If you listen very closely, it is the sounds of the Dilophosaurus that killed Nedry. It is the sound when he tries to have the dinosaur fetch a stick. Then it keeps following him and eventually he meets his demise.

Oh shit...Spoiler Alert!

#2813 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

What is this signed plaque? Like a legitimate signed plaque? Thought that was just a cert and and the apron scribble..

I cant wait to hang it on the wall with LED's all around it. HAHA....We can compare notes when they re-open my LE club room.

#2814 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Could be similar to Star Wars LE which features a metal plaque on the apron of the game signed by the designer.

#2815 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

I was just saying the same thing. Right or wrong, for me it was pro or LE. Maybe we are both retarded. How did you get to 489? Or am i retarded? Lol

Just a guess, when they say a few left I assume like 10-20....random number. By now I bet all dealers in USA have sold there 250 of 500.

#2816 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Could be similar to Star Wars LE which features a metal plaque on the apron of the game signed by the designer.

I bet you are right.

#2817 4 years ago

This is one time the Premium makes sense to me over the Limited or the Pro. If they did something more, like the STLE illuminated side armor, or extra lighting effects, or some extra mech in the game itself, maybe... And on the other hand, the Pro loses the TRex animatronics. They are gonna sell a ton of these, all of them. I'd be happy with any of them. Homerun, KME and Stern!

#2818 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

They aren't perfect, but look at stern even two years ago (Aerosmith anyone?). They have made leaps and bounds.

Aerosmith is great pin. Not sure what the heck you’re even talking about.

#2819 4 years ago

If the animatronic T-Rex would sing "Bad to the bone", "Louie Louie, and "Roxanne" in the attract mode I'd slam dunk HAVE to get the premium. Right now I'm still on the fence between pro and premium.

#2820 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

This is one time the Premium makes sense to me over the Limited or the Pro. If they did something more, like the STLE illuminated side armor, or extra lighting effects, or some extra mech in the game itself, maybe... And on the other hand, the Pro loses the TRex animatronics. They are gonna sell a ton of these, all of them. I'd be happy with any of them. Homerun, KME and Stern!

Laughing with excitement. Homerun is correct.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#2821 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Aerosmith is great pin. Not sure what the heck you’re even talking about.

He was referring to the piss poor hanna barbara cartoons they used in that game.

#2822 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

He was referring to the piss poor hanna barbara cartoons they used in that game.

Dirty Donny’s art is my favorite part of Aerosmith - animations included. I guess it’s not for everyone.

#2823 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Just a guess, when they say a few left I assume like 10-20....random number. By now I bet all dealers in USA have sold there 250 of 500.

If so, Stern has been known to increase LE numbers- they have done this lately!

#2824 4 years ago

Opinions Sought: Raptor Pen Comparison: PRO vs Premium

To those of you who watched the Deadflip stream with care, what is your opinion on the Raptor pens between the two models? Keith described the Premium's pen as "Dirty Pool," a la AFM. I see the reference. Still, does the gate in front of the pen that retains the ball, as well as the up/down post, add up to more fun? The PRO allows the ball the trickle out the back of the pen and down the Control Room lane to the left flipper. I read the features matrix carefully and the additional up/down post in the pen, along with the gate, the responsive raptor sculpt, the animatronic T.Rex, and the kinetic helicopter blade are all that separate the two versions. There isn't any mention of a better light show on the Premium either this time. I'm fine with forgoing the T.Rex, but I do like the helicopter blade (if it has a switch and triggers a sound). I'm on the fence re: the two pen designs. The PRO's pen "flows," since the ball trickles out with every hit and becomes available for a flip almost immediately. Do you consider the chance for "dirty pool" there worthwhile? The pen mech takes up a fairly big swath of playfield. I guess I would like to have the significantly better design if there is one.

#2825 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I agree Premium all the way, with the jungle vehicle and Nerdy only voice, ugly t-rex, during the deadflip stream I kept thinking GOTG voice overs all over again. winteriscoming T-rex mod, Its gonna need a cleland sound fix no doubt as they pick lines directly from the movie about the control room I mean come on SLJ would be soooo much better. The Stern JP LE falls little too short on a total of assets, art, voice, but is fine for the Premium price minus the ugly raptors on the BG, comparing it older STLE nothing has come close, damn proud to own one esp... with original movie music, and stock Karl Urban voice pack.

Before seeing the deadflip stream I thought about changing the jungle vehicle and how it would look. After watching the stream, the jungle vehicle was in so many scenes I was like damn. It will really look out of place to swap it.

Lastly I would have loved to see some custom GI, (or more RGB) work like they did with Star Wars on the color modes esp.. during T-rex rampage or multiball.

#2826 4 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

<snip>
Lastly I would have loved to see some custom GI, (or more RGB) work like they did with Star Wars on the color modes esp.. during T-rex rampage or multiball.

I agree. An opportunity for some creative light shows in different modes was missed. I would call the light show a bit uninspired, frankly. I mean, all jackpots have all the inserts and GI flashing. No sweeps. No spirals. No radiating rays. Just flashing in unison. That's lazy coding to me. I love better light shows. I would wager that the same coder for IMDN's light show was hired here. Jackpots are lit the same way in both. And certainly RGB inserts would have been great. Don't we pay for them in the Premium package? Where are they?

#2827 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

PLUS players are interactively competing against each other! No mention of this new aspect to rules was uncovered by the pinball media, either. Sheesh we all saw numbers on the map representing the players, but then what ??? maybe it’s best to leave that stone unturned for another day.

I also see an opportunity to make further interactions between the players, perhaps a cooperation.

#2828 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I find the animations to be pretty good in Aerosmith. The characters mouths actually move to the music and the animations tie in with the shots in the scenes. They are cartoony, but that also ties in with the art.

#2829 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

The stream yesterday was excellent, the game does look good. I'm curious if anyone is concerned over the linear nature of the modes, this seems to be one of the big issues with GB so maybe it applies here too?

I kind of like the linear setup, especially if it's in synergy with video-clips.
This reminds of most computergames and i think it can actually prolonger the life of the pin.
Maybe we in the future will se more advanced updates with completely new stories and content at some hopefully manageable fee?

With future pin-video integration, this can be a nice path forward.

#2830 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's pretty rare for him to toss it. Basically it seems like there are three or so T-Rex modes you qualify, and then feed the T-Rex. In one of those modes, he'll toss the ball instead of putting it back on the wireform. I think I saw the dino toss the ball maybe 3 times in the 2.5 hours of play. It's a neat effect that they may want to enable more in the software, but I can see how it can lead to some upsetting drains and possibly stuck balls.

It did however seem like they've done a funhouse, smaug thing, in that the rex follows the ball around.
Hopefully the rex will not have the broken toy bit as smaug, where you replace the whole thing at high cost.

Actually when i first saw the rex, it looked more like a decorated robotarm, whilst smaug is more like a moving head.

#2831 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I agree. An opportunity for some creative light shows in different modes was missed. I would call the light show a bit uninspired, frankly. I mean, all jackpots have all the inserts and GI flashing. No sweeps. No spirals. No radiating rays. Just flashing in unison. That's lazy coding to me. I love better light shows. I would wager that the same coder for IMDN's light show was hired here. Jackpots are lit the same way in both. And certainly RGB inserts would have been great. Don't we pay for them in the Premium package? Where are they?

Prem/LE has some RGB arrows for the orbits/ramps/raptor cage/etc... but yes they didn't really stand out on video.

#2832 4 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Showed my wife Peanuts video on pro and premium.
She doesn't play pinball but thinks I should get the premium. The T Rex gobbling the ball won her over. I'm normally a pro buyer,kind of frugal.
Thanks Peanuts.

Peanuts? Is that Cary Hardy?

#2833 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Peanuts? Is that Cary Hardy?

No

#2834 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Dirty Donny’s art is my favorite part of Aerosmith - animations included. I guess it’s not for everyone.

Yeah, the center of the playfield looks awesome with those yellow band members...

#2835 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I was simply pointing out that Stern has gone from 2d cut-out animations to fully rendered 3d animations. IMDN still has some of that crap in it. I didn't say anything about the game itself or the art on the game, although I do dislike them both tremendously, now that you mention it.

#2836 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I find the animations to be pretty good in Aerosmith. The characters mouths actually move to the music and the animations tie in with the shots in the scenes. They are cartoony, but that also ties in with the art.

I agree. The animations are great, but there aren’t enough of them. More variation would make the animation package more impactful. It seems the same animations over and over, and since there isn’t a traditional mode based “story” to a music pin, the animations feel a little static.

But the game kicks ass, and Dirty Donny’s art is outstanding. JP art package not close. And I’ll be interested to see if the JP animations and voice actors get a little old or grating after awhile. We’ll see.

#2837 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Yeah, the center of the playfield looks awesome with those yellow band members...

Yeah, and an all green, flat, “candy land” game board...without the candy... taking up the entire middle of the playfield is so much better.

#2838 4 years ago

One thing that is bugging me with JP is the lack of detailed 3D molds that blend in well with the rest of the game. Why is the tower literally several pieces of thin plastic with bare metal screw heads all over? Same goes for raptor, a bare metal screw head sticking out of its side and back... The helicopter blades on the premium come across as bare metal brackets from Home Depot with exposed screw heads and stickers applied. It's cheesy items like this that make stomaching a $6k - $9k price hard. That's a crazy amount of money to spend on a pin and this is the type of detail we get? I'm not saying the game sucks or anything (looks great), just discussing what Stern has chosen to put into the game.

Stern is capable of creating some great 3D molds. Just look at Ghostbusters, 3D molded library, molded Slimer, molded storage facility, molded city over pops. All of those items look very well done and help justify the price tag of the game. GB also features movie assets from both films, actor audio and has an actor from the films doing callouts so I would think its build of materials / licensing cost per game is even higher then JP.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#2839 4 years ago

All of the main arrows, along with a few random inserts are rgb. Same as imdn.

#2840 4 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Prem/LE has some RGB arrows for the orbits/ramps/raptor cage/etc... but yes they didn't really stand out on video.

Pro has them too.

#2841 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just look at Ghostbusters, 3D molded library,

But then the Firehouse was plastic print.

Same with The Wonka factory ball lock to the left. Wonka seems a bit short on molded toys also.

It’s just cheap and easy and I’m guessing they can do it in house with no minimum orders that a proper mold would need.

#2842 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

One thing that is bugging me with JP is the lack of detailed 3D molds that blend in well with the rest of the game. Why is the tower literally several pieces of thin plastic with bare metal screw heads all over? Same goes for raptor, a bare metal screw head sticking out of its side and back... The helicopter blades on the premium come across as bare metal brackets from Home Depot with exposed screw heads and stickers applied. It's cheesy items like this that make stomaching a $6k - $9k price hard. That's a crazy amount of money to spend on a pin and this is the type of detail we get? I'm not saying the game sucks or anything (looks great), just discussing what Stern has chosen to put into the game.
Stern is capable of creating some great 3D molds. Just look at Ghostbusters, 3D molded library, molded Slimer, molded storage facility, molded city over pops. All of those items look very well done and help justify the price tag of the game. GB also features movie assets from both films, actor audio and has an actor from the films doing callouts so I would think its build of materials / licensing cost per game is even higher then JP.
[quoted image]

Stern GB to me represents their best effort. They got everything right.... Except code. With that hopefully being addressed it could be their best ever.

#2843 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Stern GB to me represents their best effort. They got everything right.... Except code. With that hopefully being addressed it could be there best ever.

Gb is a clunkfest.

#2844 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But then the Firehouse was plastic print.
Same with The Wonka factory ball lock to the left. Wonka seems a bit short on molded toys also.
It’s just cheap and easy and I’m guessing they can do it in house with no minimum orders that a proper mold would need.

The firehouse may be the most basic piece / mold in GB but it is metal, contoured, and I think it has artwork printed on versus being a sticker. There's multiple other items in GB that are molded. With Wonka the gobstopper itself is a nice 3D mold (without exposed screw heads), the Wonkavision toy used a nice painted mold, and there's also the mold for the Wonka tower. The LE Wonkavator ball lock is the one item in that game I wish was molded better considering the price jump from SE to LE.

Quoted from delt31:

Stern GB to me represents their best effort. They got everything right.... Except code. With that hopefully being addressed it could be there best ever.

Yeah they did, seems like they went all out with that game and then someone said "let's not do that again" lol.

#2845 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Don't forget the fact you can fit a golf ball between the flippers, which they now admit was a mistake that they missed until it was too late. And the outlane rails that are too short. But yes, its a beautiful machine.

#2846 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Don't forget the fact you can fit a golf ball between the flippers, which they now admit was a mistake that they missed until it was too late. And the outlane rails that are too short. But yes, its a beautiful machine.

Mistake? Isnt it just the traditional Trudeau gap, as seen on many of his other machines?

#2847 4 years ago

Opinions Sought: Raptor Pen Comparison: PRO vs Premium
To those of you who watched the Deadflip stream with care, what is your opinion on the Raptor pens between the two models? Keith described the Premium's pen as "Dirty Pool," a la AFM. I see the reference. Still, does the gate in front of the pen that retains the ball, as well as the up/down post, add up to more fun? The PRO allows the ball the trickle out the back of the pen and down the Control Room lane to the left flipper. I read the features matrix carefully and the additional up/down post in the pen, along with the gate, the responsive raptor sculpt, the animatronic T.Rex, and the kinetic helicopter blade are all that separate the two versions. There isn't any mention of a better light show on the Premium either this time. I'm fine with forgoing the T.Rex, but I do like the helicopter blade (if it has a switch and triggers a sound). I'm on the fence re: the two pen designs. The PRO's pen "flows," since the ball trickles out with every hit and becomes available for a flip almost immediately. Do you consider the chance for "dirty pool" there worthwhile? The pen mech takes up a fairly big swath of playfield. I guess I would like to have the significantly better design if there is one.

I’ve been stuck trying to figure out the answer to this exact question.... Moving T Rex is cool but does it change gameplay like a Hyperloop? I could live without the T Rex I think but the fate of the raptor pen is making my Pro/Premium decision more difficult.

#2848 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Gb is a clunkfest.

Agreed, no amount of code can save that layout. I've owned GB twice and once you realize there are only 3 good shots, it's tough to unsee.

#2849 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

LE is the only one with a shaker...

That is because they have to give people something for wasting their money

#2850 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'd assume they're all prerendered. There'd be no reason to use a live graphics engine in this game. I assume so anyway.

Well stuff like the map screen is being rendered by the game because it has to keep show all the locations of the various players and such.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/57?hl=furyosjustin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.