OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 73.
#2751 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's pretty rare for him to toss it. Basically it seems like there are three or so T-Rex modes you qualify, and then feed the T-Rex. In one of those modes, he'll toss the ball instead of putting it back on the wireform. I think I saw the dino toss the ball maybe 3 times in the 2.5 hours of play. It's a neat effect that they may want to enable more in the software, but I can see how it can lead to some upsetting drains and possibly stuck balls.

Interesting.... So what happened on the Pro during those modes?

Other than the Rex, really feels like the only significant different is the raptor pen. I'm a bit disappointed the LE is the only one with a shaker....

Thank you for the write up, by the way!

#2752 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I apologize in advance as I don't want to go through 55 pages to see what the feedback is on audio/video.
I am a huge JP fan and this table looks cool. My concern is with the audio/video package. There appears to be zero from the movie. This is almost a 'Jurassic Park the Arcade - for Pinball' type of table.
As a POTC JJP owner, everyone was up in arms about having so little from the movie. Where is everyone at with this title?
Some of the callouts sound cheezie, again very arcade game like. Is this the future with movie assets and licensing?

I mean the book came first - where are the animations showing pages and pages of text??

#2753 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Other than the Rex, really feels like the only significant different is the raptor pen. I'm a bit disappointed the LE is the only one with a shaker....

Another $200 for the shaker and side art will do the trick!

#2754 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Layout will be better than Maiden. I’ll quote myself tomorrow.

Forgot to do this

#2755 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You still have malls with pinball machines?
(Jealous)

You still have malls?

#2756 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I forgot half the stream was the pro, so he was tossing it a bit more.

The dino tossing the ball has no effect though. You can disable the toss on the premium and it'll put the ball on the ramp. The end result is the same, shoot the ramp, the ball returns via the wire to the left inlane.

#2757 4 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

With all the praise on the animations I watched some of the video again. I like that they have a lot of animations I am just not sure they are great. Based on what I saw I do not believe they are better than BKSOR.

I agree with you. My favorite was the T-Rex Rampage, but I'm not sure it totally fits with the rest of the game. My least favorite is the 1st person view driving around the park.
jp1 (resized).PNGjp1 (resized).PNGjp2 (resized).PNGjp2 (resized).PNGjp4 (resized).PNGjp4 (resized).PNGjp5 (resized).PNGjp5 (resized).PNGjp6 (resized).PNGjp6 (resized).PNGjp7 (resized).PNGjp7 (resized).PNGjp8 (resized).PNGjp8 (resized).PNG

#2758 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sense of awe and wonder of Dinosaurs?!
Consider it evoked!!!
I can't fathom why people continue to try to score cheap points by picking fights with Stern. Without them this hobby would be ridiculously fucked, at least for NIB customers.

cos if they didnt Stern would have improved....

#2759 4 years ago

Love the map showing where the other players are on the island. Would be cool if you could land on another players location and somehow do damage to him or his progress.

Have to agree the screenshots above look 90's video game, but I think that sits the JP theme nicely.
jp (resized).pngjp (resized).png

#2760 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Of course WW is stripped down. WHIRLWIND is a system 11 game. Kinda hard to compare the two. Like apples and oranges.

Don’t be silly, you know we’re talking about Willy Wonka.

#2761 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Would be cool if you could land on another players location and somehow do damage to him or his progress.

Love this idea, since the skill shots add to the ballsave timer maybe you could decrease the other players' timers?

#2762 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Not concerned at all. That is the design of the game! i.e. you are on a journey across the island and the perks get better and more difficult to grab as you go. You start at the entrance gate and make your way to the visitors center. (I am not someone who thought this was an issue on GB though so I would imagine most will not agree with me )

Don't you also choose which path to take after each mode via the direction that the truck is facing? That could give you a lot of variety in the order of things.

#2763 4 years ago
Quoted from stantman:

Wow - I feel like I'm in the twilight zone here. This pin is a great (best ever, IMO) theme and certainly a popular new designer who's managed to get Stern to increase their budget a bit more, but dang, I have no idea why you are all gushing so much about this game. If this is all you need Stern to do, you're totally letting them off the hook. I get the feeling there's some group think/hype going on here that's influencing more people than will admit it. I was hoping for some special, and what we got doesn't interest me much at all.
The overall package looks great. I don't love the artwork, but it's ok and theme relevant, and the playfield certainly screams Jurassic Park, but that's pretty much the most positive thing I can say.
The layout has a ton packed into it. Yes, it has some cool features (t-rex toy), fun ramps, neat fake-jeep feature, cool raptor area, but it all comes with a downside. It's a clunk-fest. I watched the stream and even watched the best player in the world have trouble making shots. Rattle, rattle, post, clunk. Keith occasionally got into a good rhythm and showed how cool the game could be IF you can manage to hit a string of overly tight shots, but I best most people will have trouble. I hesitate to suggest which shots should have been removed, as all of them are pretty cool in their own right, but there's just too many of them. Everything's too tight. Damn... opportunity lost. This game could be so much fun, but the clunkiness kills it. Before posting this, I went back and clicked on 10 random points in the stream. I think 1 of the 10 showed a guy making a shot. The rest were posts and ramp rattles. Wonka destroys this game in playability.
You guys really think the animations are a step up? The LCD usage in this game is TERRIBLE. Stern, you can do so much better! Please don't listen to these people who think this is good enough. Please redo these! BK3 wasn't great either, but it is infinitely better than this. Why? The fake Jurassic Park content doesn't look great. The overly dark images done purposely to keep designers from adding detail look terrible. The quick changes to like 10 differerent scenes in short amounts of time is jarring. The bonus summaries changing the background for every award is difficult to process. The text sitting directly on top of animation graphics makes it super hard to read. The normal gameplay screen has too much information squeezed in with too small fonts. There's so much opportunity to make a beautiful graphical presentation, and this game completely misses the mark. ACNC destroys this game in LCD implementation. JJP destroys this game in terms of animation quality.
Lightshows... everything seems the same. Normal gameplay doesn't do much, hit a good shot in a mode and get a random, fast, blinky pattern. Whoopee. Soo many lights on the playfield, such poor integration. Spooky and JJP lightshows both crush this.
Sound... ok. I think this is the best part of the game right now. I don't love the voices, but everything else is integrated fairly well.
And dang, Stern. Why is the high score entry switching back and forth between DMD-style and high res? Looks awful. And who did the font selections on this game? Wasn't there a font-gate on Wonka? This game has the strangest choices for fonts and colors.
Yikes - I think this opinion won't be popular, but damn I had such high hopes for this game, and it totally misses the mark. Stern hopefully fixes the display and lights, but I don't think there's much they can do about the layout. I was so ready to buy this, but the stream killed my excitement. Maybe playing it will help, but I'm not a great player, and even some great players on the stream couldn't shoot this game well. Wonka's theme integration is really bad, but it looks a ton more fun to shoot.

A long negative diatribe with falsehoods against Stern and pro JJP? This has to be Dr. Frightener under a new name. What a goof...

#2764 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Another JJP sycophant showing their insecurity.

The great thing about JP being so packed with awesome game flow, the JJP fanboys are shaking and scared their Willy Wonka doesn’t hold up to the new competition.

(Yes, the usual JJP fanboys will downvote this.)

#2765 4 years ago

New Pro features video :

#2766 4 years ago

New Premium/LE features video from Stern :

#2767 4 years ago

I feel like i am in the minority here! Stuck between a pro or LE, I feel the backglass, audio for Williams score and sound “chaos”, blades, HD glass, armor, shaker, art makes it worth the aftermarket $700.
But i could save a ton on a pro! Decisions...

#2768 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New Pro features video :

So what does the TRex do in the pro model?

#2769 4 years ago

My first update dollars are going to an optical spinner...can't put The genie back in the bottle!

#2770 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

The stream yesterday was excellent, the game does look good. I'm curious if anyone is concerned over the linear nature of the modes, this seems to be one of the big issues with GB so maybe it applies here too?

Quoted from tpir:

Not concerned at all. That is the design of the game! i.e. you are on a journey across the island and the perks get better and more difficult to grab as you go. You start at the entrance gate and make your way to the visitors center. (I am not someone who thought this was an issue on GB though so I would imagine most will not agree with me )

Is the code linear and if so, how was that determined or has it been confirmed?

#2771 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So what does the TRex do in the pro model?

It does nothing on the Pro.

#2772 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

It does nothing on the Pro.

#2773 4 years ago

LE's Sold out in days. WOW.

Who was the lucky one to get one?

#2774 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Are you sure? Lots of distros out there...

#2775 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No, a Stern Premium and JJP SE are now basically the same price. There isn't a JJP pro. Compare JJP CE to a Stern SLE if ya wish! You only want to compare a Stern Pro to a JJP SE to say the JJP game costs more lol.

Man are you daft??? The names are different yes. The product category is the same, marketed to the same demographics by both companies.

Because an SE and premium are the same price doesn’t automatically put them in the same demographic. It actually shows how over priced a JJP SE is over a comparable Stern pro ($2,000.00 price difference). Both marketed to the same audience.

#2776 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

(Yes, the usual JJP fanboys will downvote this.)

Nope.

troll (resized).pngtroll (resized).png

#2777 4 years ago

Im showing quite a few still list the LE’s. A few in the market and other distros online unless they haven’t updated.

#2778 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Contact Zach at flipnout. Pricing is going to be pretty consistent from most distros so in the end it's best to just find a good person to deal with.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

If I was on your side of the border I'd look into flip n out strictly based on all the good stories I've heard about Zach.
We only have 2 distributors up here (that I am aware of)

REALLY appreciate the support! We try to make it easy on people and I’m a huge pinball guy, so we try to do business with our customers and friends in the same way that i want to be supported by a distro before I was one. Simple as that. I LOVE my job and hopefully it shows. We are honored to earn the business of a fellow pinhead and will do everything we can to give you no reason to go elsewhere in the future.

#2779 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:LE's Sold out in days. WOW.
#2780 4 years ago

Just picked one up from Betson. Call around I think there's still a few around.

#2781 4 years ago

Yeah that's always the rumor after a few days

#2782 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Is the code linear and if so, how was that determined or has it been confirmed?

I was a bit worried about the linear code too when I saw the video. I hated ghostbusters for it. But this does seem like hitting the jeep determines which way you go and should add enough of a variable to not make it so repetitive and offer some variety in the path the player takes across the isle.

#2783 4 years ago

Watching the new feature videos show lots of kinetic activity whether playing pro or premium JP. Leaning towards a premium, unless a few mods like copter blades and a tipping teradactyl are developed for the pro. That would be enough to go pro. Of course swapping trex for a ball gobbler would be the ultimate mod for pro.

Stern will be running these for three years. Plenty of time to play game on location and watch the code become 100% before buying.

#2784 4 years ago

Noticed quite a few rejects from the Dino mouth on the centre ramp (premium). This was early on in the stream. Did it improve later on?

#2785 4 years ago

So how many nedry call outs did you hear? Of course, ah ah ah but there seemed to be little after. I caught...don't get cheap on me when draining on the right (which is awesome) and no wonder why you want extinct but any others?

They said those clips are straight from JP

I can't imagine how good this will be when we replace some of the exisiting ones with real JP callouts. Shoot her!!!! shooooot Heeeeeer! Get off the fence, the proper welcome to jurassic park, etc.

#2786 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Love the map showing where the other players are on the island. Would be cool if you could land on another players location and somehow do damage to him or his progress.

But the goal of the game is to rescue stranded park staff. You're basically saying that you want to impede one of your co-workers from saving other co-workers. I get plundering from pirates, it's what they do, but who would say, "To hell with you, Bob and Margaret, back into the claws of the velociraptors you go!"?

#2787 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

But the goal of the game is to rescue stranded park staff. You're basically saying that you want to impede one of your co-workers from saving other co-workers. I get plundering from pirates, it's what they do, but who would say, "To hell with you, Bob and Margaret, back into the claws of the velociraptors you go!"?

Yep - each to their own baby. It's a dinosaur eat dinosaur world out there.

#2788 4 years ago

Hillbilly announcer is a placeholder, right? Really needs to be replaced with sound actor with Richard Attenborough voice. Sadly missing sound actor callouts from Goldbloom too. The sound alikes would record new script in familiar voices.

#2789 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Watching the new feature videos show lots of kinetic activity whether playing pro or premium JP. Leaning towards a premium, unless a few mods like copter blades and a tipping teradactyl are developed for the pro. That would be enough to go pro. Of course swapping trex for a ball gobbler would be the ultimate mod for pro.
Stern will be running these for three years. Plenty of time to play game on location and watch the code become 100% before buying.

Exactly. Or pick up a used one in a year for $5200...

#2790 4 years ago

Hillbilly announcer is a placeholder, right?

Hope so, but its not TWD bad....is it??

#2791 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not even close

#2792 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's pretty rare for him to toss it. Basically it seems like there are three or so T-Rex modes you qualify, and then feed the T-Rex. In one of those modes, he'll toss the ball instead of putting it back on the wireform. I think I saw the dino toss the ball maybe 3 times in the 2.5 hours of play. It's a neat effect that they may want to enable more in the software, but I can see how it can lead to some upsetting drains and possibly stuck balls.

I think Keith clarified this earlier in the thread. The T-Rex only throws the ball into the pops (or places it on the wireform) and the throwing behavior can be turned off in the settings.

#2793 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not that bad, but in some ways like LOTRLE hairdick! In this case, once you hear it you can’t unhear it. TWD callouts were bad and XMen had a few hated characters. So when you hear anything resembling hillbilly on a Stern, you tend to be gun-shy. Fool me three times ......

#2794 4 years ago

How long did it take on Maiden for the code to be fully integrated? A couple months? Keith isn’t going to have this game out there with major holes in the code. I predict it will be solid in just a few months.

#2795 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Don’t be silly, you know we’re talking about Willy Wonka.

Before you continue your pro Stern rampage we need to talk. Maybe you already know this but just incase you don't here it is. It's ok to make critical comments about a new game in a general thread. It's ok to question things about a new game in a general thread. It's not ok to attack or insult others in a general thread for making critical comments about a new release or questioning things about it.

Just because someone makes a critical comment about the game it doesn't mean they think it sucks. Those types of comments are normal when contemplating making a $6k - $9k pinball purchase of all things. For example, I have made both positive and critical comments about JP in this thread but right now I'm considering pre-ordering an LE. If you only want to see positive comments about JP I would suggest going to a club or fan thread for the game.

#2796 4 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

With all the praise on the animations I watched some of the video again. I like that they have a lot of animations I am just not sure they are great. Based on what I saw I do not believe they are better than BKSOR.

I wonder how much of that is pre-rendered footage vs generated by Spike. I kinda wonder how much GPU power Spike 2 has in general.

And of course it’s a different team and project manager, although there is some overlap.

#2797 4 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

How long did it take on Maiden for the code to be fully integrated? A couple months?

Yep it was quick

#2798 4 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Just picked one up from Betson. Call around I think there's still a few around.

Congrats....Yeah I should have said 489 sold....lol.

What are the 3 out of norm items why you picked the LE?

#2799 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I wonder how much of that is pre-rendered footage vs generated by Spike. I kinda wonder how much GPU power Spike 2 has in general.
And of course it’s a different team and project manager, although there is some overlap.

I'd assume they're all prerendered. There'd be no reason to use a live graphics engine in this game. I assume so anyway.

#2800 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think the JJP CEs are basically a lark. They know not too many people are gonna pay $3,000 more for a game with just some art differences and a truly "limited" availability and they probably don't care. Each sale is a bonus.
Their bread and butter will always be their "LEs."
They were smart to truly offer a real "standard" this time around at a price that can compete with Stern premiums. I've played the low end Wonka and didn't miss the "wonkavator" at all.

I'm a POTC LE owner and totally agree with you the CE is way over priced.... Now if they increased the price by 500 to 1000 then ok but 3k is way too much

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mequon, WI
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/56?hl=getadam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.