OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 73.
#2701 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

When some random kid at the mall is hanging over the glass while you play
[quoted image]

They were actually playing tandem both had one flipper.

#2702 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

[quoted image]

I think we need a gif of T-Rex chasing behind Keith while he's escaping the T-Rex in the game...
(Time stamped to it happening)

#2703 4 years ago

That's Keith playing and this is me playing

VeNBg.gifVeNBg.gif
#2704 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Just like JJP doesn't make a Pro, Stern doesn't make a CE. LE vs LE is a fair fight. Premium vs Standard is a fair fight. But it also means Pro vs nothing, and CE vs nothing.

I would say Pro vs Standard - Premium vs JJP LE- Stern LE vs JJP CE Stern LE games and JJP CE games are run in similar numbers Pro and Standard are open-ended runs and neither Stern Premium or JJP le games will run 5000 units

#2705 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wow. JP is pretty much universally regarded as the master in this area, and you don't find the animations in Pirates "significant?"
I strongly suggest you take a closer look. Even transitions between screens are done elegantly.

I was stating that the animations in Pirates are subtle, and not nearly as many varied ones as seen in this stream last night. Animations in Pirates lay in the background, behind gameplay. J.P. de Win has an impeccable design sense for font usage, font animation, transitions, and some original animations. Conversely, those Oompahs look very plastic and rigid.

His layout and screen usage in Pirates is unparalleled. He couldn't even match that level of work in Wonka.

#2706 4 years ago

Is it too late to change the theme to a pseudo Jurassic Park/Shaq Attaq inspired crossover?

https://vimeo.com/100329364

#2707 4 years ago

What stuck in my head, and excited me most, upon waking up today, were the modes and fun nature of the animations most of all!

It feels like the spirit of the property was playfully executed, despite not using direct assets. For a game based on a theme indirectly, this team did an amazing job creating inventive ideas for modes.

I do wish they'd up their text animations, add more prominent drop shadows, and smooth or actually create screen transitions.

For me, that stream had me most excited about the screen, then the shots, then the sound design, then the art package, and lastly the toys. Which that order really surprised me, has me scratching my head!

I'm only 50 minutes in, but kinda feel like seeing more at Pinburgh, and holding off, would be the most fun idea!

#2708 4 years ago

I have nothing new to add, but the game looks great, stream was a lot of fun to watch, and I can't wait to play this one on location. Crossing my fingers that some local operators go for the Premium over (or in addition to) the Pro, as I'd like to see the ball-flinging T-Rex in person.

#2709 4 years ago

Premium ordered.

#2710 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I think we need a gif of T-Rex chasing behind Keith while he's escaping the T-Rex in the game...

The bets part of this clip is Josh yelling "T-Rex is chasing the GOAT." There is your caption for the gif.

#2712 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe they are sick of you changing it every 20 minutes?
I get that you want to have a monopoly on all "next stern game" threads from now on but it is a little much. If you truly love your thread, set it free.

while some of us are on here all the time...

others are not and surely appreciated just the little effort to update the title when new stuff actually came out.

So they knew when to tune in for the deets.

#2713 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I would say Pro vs Standard - Premium vs JJP LE- Stern LE vs JJP CE Stern LE games and JJP CE games are run in similar numbers Pro and Standard are open-ended runs and neither Stern Premium or JJP le games will run 5000 units

No, a Stern Premium and JJP SE are now basically the same price. There isn't a JJP pro. Compare JJP CE to a Stern SLE if ya wish! You only want to compare a Stern Pro to a JJP SE to say the JJP game costs more lol.

#2714 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Premium ordered.

quietly peruses collection to see what may need to leave

#2715 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Every company should have hired Keith, Lyman, and Zombie Yeti. They are my dream team.

I dont think we will get that combo for a long time. Keith's games dont need Lyman's touch as much as some other designers

#2716 4 years ago

Does anyone have a favorite Stern distributor? One that offers solid pricing and support? Definitely going to consider this seriously for a first Stern purchase.

#2717 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Does anyone have a favorite Stern distributor? One that offers solid pricing and support? Definitely going to consider this seriously for a first Stern purchase.

You won't get any deals at Cointaker.

#2718 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No, a Stern Premium and JJP SE are now basically the same price. There isn't a JJP pro. Compare JJP CE to a Stern SLE if ya wish! You only want to compare a Stern Pro to a JJP SE to say the JJP game costs more lol.

Would you 2 just block each other or get a room so that every new game thread from stern or JJP doesn't end up like this?

#2719 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Contact Zach at flipnout. Pricing is going to be pretty consistent from most distros so in the end it's best to just find a good person to deal with.

#2720 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

quietly peruses collection to see what may need to leave

Blackened is the end.

#2721 4 years ago

Question: does the t-rex on the pro eat the ball or do anything or is it just for decoration?

#2722 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Question: does the t-rex on the pro eat the ball or do anything or is it just for decoration?

No it's a static mech. I do like the eating of premium, ordered a pro myself as I'm impatient. I think the raptor gate is a feature that will be missed more.

#2723 4 years ago

Petrified

#2724 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Trent Augenstein at Tilt Amusements is great, just a few hours west of you in Ohio. In addition to being a reputable, high-volume distributor, he's a straight shooter and knows pinball inside & out as one of the best players in the world. I can't promise he'd deliver to Pittsburgh, but I know he gets around.

This is not a veiled advertisement. I get zero compensation for this; just someone who's had nothing but great experiences with Trent and Tilt.

#2725 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Trent Augenstein at Tilt Amusements is great, just a few hours west of you in Ohio. In addition to being a reputable, high-volume distributor, he's a straight shooter and knows pinball inside & out as one of the best players in the world. I can't promise he'd deliver to Pittsburgh, but I know he gets around.
This is not a veiled advertisement. I get zero compensation for this; just someone who's had nothing but great experiences with Trent and Tilt.

I agree! I’m dealing with Trent. Stand up guy.
This is round two using Trent.

#2726 4 years ago

I apologize in advance as I don't want to go through 55 pages to see what the feedback is on audio/video.

I am a huge JP fan and this table looks cool. My concern is with the audio/video package. There appears to be zero from the movie. This is almost a 'Jurassic Park the Arcade - for Pinball' type of table.

As a POTC JJP owner, everyone was up in arms about having so little from the movie. Where is everyone at with this title?

Some of the callouts sound cheezie, again very arcade game like. Is this the future with movie assets and licensing?

#2727 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I apologize in advance as I don't want to go through 55 pages to see what the feedback is on audio/video.
I am a huge JP fan and this table looks cool. My concern is with the audio/video package. There appears to be zero from the movie. This is almost a 'Jurassic Park the Arcade - for Pinball' type of table.
As a POTC JJP owner, everyone was up in arms about having so little from the movie. Where is everyone at with this title?
Some of the callouts sound cheezie, again very arcade game like. Is this the future with movie assets and licensing?

The consensus seems to be that the animations are of incredible quality and that it doesn't matter that the actual movie assets are not present. Plot lines, John Williams' breathtaking score, and shot for shot animation remakes ARE present so it's not really fair to call it a "generic dino game." I think we also expect a bunch of callouts from Wayne Knight at some point but not sure about that.

I'm not sure why people aren't up in arms but I guess you can take that up with POTC owners.

#2728 4 years ago
70949EF8-45C3-454E-B81A-4BAABF81A652.gif70949EF8-45C3-454E-B81A-4BAABF81A652.gif
#2729 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

There appears to be zero from the movie.

Some sound effects/clips, but yeah, mostly zero.

Quoted from dnaman:

This is almost a 'Jurassic Park the Arcade - for Pinball' type of table.

That is exactly what it is really. A new Jurassic Park game.

Quoted from dnaman:

Where is everyone at with this title?

You could just read ...

Quoted from dnaman:

I don't want to go through 55 pages to see what the feedback is on audio/video.

Oh. People like it.

#2730 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

This is almost a 'Jurassic Park the Arcade - for Pinball' type of table.

That pretty much nails it. Plot seems to take place immediately following the 1st movie with you trying to rescue remaining staff by evacuating them off the island, while capturing the loose dinos along the way, etc.

It looks super fun but is very much an arcade-take on the source material. Lots of stuff that doesn't strictly make sense but is fun to include in a more generic "Dino hunt" theme. No serious JP moments here, it's all for simple fun.

But, looks to be a very fun pinball game. Great rewarding shots, fun toys, sound, etc. etc.

#2731 4 years ago

Reminds me more of those jurassic park shooter arcades in terms of theme, not as much movie based just dinosouars

Im actually in Drumheller with the kids right now, fitting timing!

#2732 4 years ago

I am usually a PRO guy but in the JP case I find the extra cost of a Premium not only justified but also a necessity.
To me there are to many vital things missing on the PRO and I also find the art too "bright".
The darker art on the Premium seems more fitting.

#2733 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

No movie clips and limited assets are the exact reason I bought POTC and will buy JP. Creativity gets me excited. Movie clips are for lemmings.

#2734 4 years ago

Game looks awesome. Barring any QC problems like splitting cabinets, ghosting inserts, or soft clear bunching up around the posts, nothing stops the JP2 train.

#2735 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

[quoted image]

You still have malls with pinball machines?
(Jealous)

#2736 4 years ago

i liked when Jack (+/- 2 h 20) said "CHAOSSS"... than as a reflex my brain think "IN QUANTUM CITY" !

(friendly kinding)

#2737 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

If I was on your side of the border I'd look into flip n out strictly based on all the good stories I've heard about Zach.
We only have 2 distributors up here (that I am aware of)

#2738 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Compare JJP CE to a money grab if you are going to compare games based on price

#2739 4 years ago

The stream yesterday was excellent, the game does look good. I'm curious if anyone is concerned over the linear nature of the modes, this seems to be one of the big issues with GB so maybe it applies here too?

#2740 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Compare JJP CE to a money grab if you are going to compare games based on price

I think the JJP CEs are basically a lark. They know not too many people are gonna pay $3,000 more for a game with just some art differences and a truly "limited" availability and they probably don't care. Each sale is a bonus.

Their bread and butter will always be their "LEs."

They were smart to truly offer a real "standard" this time around at a price that can compete with Stern premiums. I've played the low end Wonka and didn't miss the "wonkavator" at all.

#2741 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think the JJP CEs are basically a lark. They know not too many people are gonna pay $3,000 more for a game with just some art differences and a truly "limited" availability and they probably don't care. Each sale is a bonus.
They were smart to truly offer a real "standard" this time around at a price that can compete with Stern premiums. I've played the low end Wonka and didn't miss the "wonkavator" at all.

With the $7500 price point I may buy a JJP game if they ever build a theme I want GUNS and TS not for me

#2742 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Crazy that I never really saw people access the Wonkavator yesterday. I'll admit I suck, but it didn't seem incredibly active in the game at all.

I'm wondering the same about the T.Rex also. I saw it move a decent bit, but when does ball tossing occur? Couldn't find that in the stream.

Also somewhat missing in the stream was Jack Danger! He seemed to pop in just here and there. I kinda missed how he can break things up, attitude/vibe wise, when playing with developers that can often be a bit more on the restrained side. Really fun showcase of a stream overall, and has me genuinely interested in a purchase. Last time I felt that way was his Valentine's Day Pirates stream!

#2743 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Premium ordered.

IMVE love you 3000.

#2745 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Crazy that I never really saw people access the Wonkavator yesterday. I'll admit I suck, but it didn't seem incredibly active in the game at all.

It's a game-to-game carryover feature. Some players may go entire game(s) without locking a ball. Eventually someone will lock ball three, and voilà. Or at least that's my understanding from limited play.

#2746 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

It's a game-to-game carryover feature. Some players may go entire game(s) without locking a ball. Eventually someone will lock ball three, and voilà. Or at least that's my understanding from limited play.

Yeah, I saw one locked in for awhile. When my friends, and I played, and stunk, we didn't get a single ball lock.

#2747 4 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

I really like the simpler ruleset Wonka has. It reminds me of a late 90's era Williams game in terms of depth, and I appreciate that change of pace. Not every game should need to be deeper and more complex than the last.

But... but... Munsters! (I agree with you completely FWIW.)

#2748 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm wondering the same about the T.Rex also. I saw it move a decent bit, but when does ball tossing occur? Couldn't find that in the stream.

It's pretty rare for him to toss it. Basically it seems like there are three or so T-Rex modes you qualify, and then feed the T-Rex. In one of those modes, he'll toss the ball instead of putting it back on the wireform. I think I saw the dino toss the ball maybe 3 times in the 2.5 hours of play. It's a neat effect that they may want to enable more in the software, but I can see how it can lead to some upsetting drains and possibly stuck balls.

#2749 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I'm curious if anyone is concerned over the linear nature of the modes, this seems to be one of the big issues with GB so maybe it applies here too?

Not concerned at all. That is the design of the game! i.e. you are on a journey across the island and the perks get better and more difficult to grab as you go. You start at the entrance gate and make your way to the visitors center. (I am not someone who thought this was an issue on GB though so I would imagine most will not agree with me )

#2750 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Not concerned at all. That is the design of the game! i.e. you are on a journey across the island and the perks get better and more difficult to grab as you go. You start at the entrance gate and make your way to the visitors center. (I am not someone who thought this was an issue on GB though so I would imagine most will not agree with me )

Yes, like Road Show without the talking heads! Maybe someone can program the T Rex to sing Carlene Carter...
(I kid, this game is awesome, Pre for me).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/55?hl=jimwe5t and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.