OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 73.
#2601 4 years ago

Stern is back on my radar, based on the stream of this one. My 'way too early' evaluation is this is their best effort since TSPP and LOTR as far as checking all the boxes; art, sound, layout, rules, mechs.

This one looks not just fun, like most Sterns, but also interesting.

#2602 4 years ago

American Pinball probably watched the stream and thought oh sh*t.

Just shows you how you need a complete package to make a great game. Layout, shots, art, video, rules.

Octoberfest animations are embarrassing compared to what stern and jjp are now doing.

And I have played Octoberfest and enjoyed it, but with the art and video so bad I will never own one. Just continue to enjoy on location.

#2603 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Atleast i bring an argument, how about you?

You certainly love stir up arguements. There are other things you can use this site for. Like entertainment and information.

#2604 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thanks for the insult, but that’s one thing I’m not.

Well you are obviously telling lies about other people, so what do you suggest i call you?

#2605 4 years ago

I love JJP games, CGC games and everything else.

Stern did a phenomenal job on this. Game looks great and looks like a great shooter. Love the pop up posts to hold the ball to give you time to look at what you need to shoot for.

Would love to have this game down the line.

#2606 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You certainly love stir up arguements. There are other things you can use this site for. Like entertainment and information.

The same goes for you or?

Ofc there should be arguements, why shouldn´t there?

If you want zero arguements and mindless drones, join a sect.

#2607 4 years ago

I am curious if anyone is seeing decent distributor pricing on this title? My usual place I call is a bit higher than what they usually are this time around.

#2608 4 years ago

MgM6yFQ (resized).pngMgM6yFQ (resized).png

#2609 4 years ago

This looks awesome! I'll never be a NIB guy, but Stern has a lot of really sweet games NIB right now. Stern is currently pumping out Jurassic Park, Black Knight SOR, The Munsters, The Beatles, Iron Maiden, Guardians, Star Wars, Star Trek, and Batman. With the exception of The Munsters, these are all pretty great games. How many years back to you have to go before most games are good to great? We are talking mid 90s Bally/Williams titles here.

Jersey Jack has been pushing some great games too lately. I am beginning to think that much like Disney's renaissance in the 90s (Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King), competition has brought out the best in Stern.

Sorry, had to ad to the Stern vs JJP debate.

In any case, this Jurassic Park looks like it would be fun with no animations and no playfield art. Everything else added is just icing on the cake.

#2610 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I am curious if anyone is seeing decent distributor pricing on this title? My usual place I call is a bit higher than what they usually are this time around.

I would keep calling others then. Price I am hearing is the same as last few games. Rumors do point to a price increase in 2020 however.

#2611 4 years ago

Congrats Keith and Stern on delivering such an amazing title! My wife and I are just getting into the obsession that is pinball and last night's stream was the first one we ever watched. It was very well done Jack. We are realistically 1-2 years away from purchasing our first pin for the home, but I am pretty sure this will be the one we go with. I am a lifelong JP fan, and have 2 young boys who love the movies as well. Our entire family was crowded around the TV last night watching the stream, laughing out loud at some of the amazing humor (extra ball animation is our favorite) and just getting excited to one day own this as our first pin. Luckily the arcade 2 miles down the road already posted that they have a pro version ordered. That should hold me over for a while! Anyway, happy to see so much love for this game on Pinside and hope the flipping experience lives up to how fun this looks.

#2612 4 years ago

This game looks awesome!

The moving T Rex is cool but not a must have. I think the raptor pen is really cool and I would miss that a little.

I have to say for the value I think the Pro is the way to go and likely my path if I can convince the Wife.

#2613 4 years ago

My daughter got me this shirt for Christmas, and I had people stop me wherever I am!
A Perfect Fit for this game!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2614 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My daughter got me this shirt for Christmas, and I had people stop me wherever I am!
A Perfect Fit for this game![quoted image]

Really funny. Not an expert flipper, but probably an awesome tilter.

#2615 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

The same goes for you or?
Ofc there should be arguements, why shouldn´t there?
If you want zero arguements and mindless drones, join a sect.

Not everyone argues for the sake of arguing. Go enjoy the sun once and a while. It will cheer you up. You must not be getting enough under your bridge.

#2616 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Trent from Tilt might give you a good number. Especially if you pick it up!

“Road Trip”

#2617 4 years ago

I'm in for a LE. The stream confirmed all the good I though about the layout.

#2618 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You can get a skillshot, a skill then super, and possibly a skill, then super, then super duper?

I'm hoping for a Super Duper Mega Extreme skill shot, to pay homage to TSPP and the other Keith in pinball.

skill: left ramp
super: + right ramp
super duper: + far left ramp
super duper mega: + far right ramp
super duper mega extreme: + control room, and post comes up to hold the ball for SUPER DUPER MEGA EXTREME animation payoff

#2619 4 years ago

Damn this looks good. I was almost certain I'd never buy another NIB Stern again....until now.

#2620 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'm hoping for a Super Duper Mega Extreme skill shot, to pay homage to TSPP and the other Keith in pinball.
skill: left ramp
super: + right ramp
super duper: + far left ramp
super duper mega: + far right ramp
super duper mega extreme: + control room, and post comes up to hold the ball for SUPER DUPER MEGA EXTREME animation payoff

love this!

#2621 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Pretty sure you're talking about the best pinball designer in the world right now. Bite your tongue sir.

Ha...well it was actually a poorly made animation not him so I thin I'm OK.

#2622 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Damn this looks good. I was almost certain I'd never buy another NIB Stern again....until now.

Me too. But last Saturday my instincts told me that this one would be the real deal and I was able to order an LE from my distributor (he sold his last one out of the 6 he was allocated on Monday morning). Last nights stream convinced that I had made a great decision and now I am anxiously awaiting my new pin.

#2623 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

A Perfect Fit for this game![quoted image]

Hilarious. I want that shirt.

#2624 4 years ago

Can't afford one but glad I have a buddy ordering a Pro. Can't wait to shoot it at the launch party.

#2625 4 years ago

Another Pinside thread gone off the rails... congrats Pinside!

#2626 4 years ago

This game flows so much better than I thought it would just by looking at the pictures. So many shots and interesting feeds, which haven't been done in so long. Really creative and refreshing. No way this game isn't going to be a big hit for Stern.

#2627 4 years ago

Ignoring all the unecessary and derailing bickering;

This looks really fun and a great home game also. Definitely a chance that ill buy it.

My only "unsure but awaiting"-point is that mode progresion seems quite like road show, meaning one will often not see the later modes. But that also makes it last longer maybe, and you can also change direction with jeep

#2628 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Me too. But last Saturday my instincts told me that this one would be the real deal and I was able to order an LE from my distributor (he sold his last one out of the 6 he was allocated on Monday morning). Last nights stream convinced that I had made a great decision and now I am anxiously awaiting my new pin.

Awesome...good choice!

#2629 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Not everyone argues for the sake of arguing. Go enjoy the sun once and a while. It will cheer you up. You must not be getting enough under your bridge.

That´s an ok point. I really dont want to come thru as arguing just for the sake of arguing.

#2630 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha...well it was actually a poorly made animation not him so I think I'm OK.

I love that animation! It still shows up occasionally at random in later code. You can crank the probability of it up to 25%, which I did.

#2631 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I love that animation!

It was hilarious.

#2632 4 years ago

Think of it this way...the game is so good, Kaneda hasn't been able to muster enough material to bitch about to make a podcast the next day after the stream. Food for thought!

#2633 4 years ago

Wow - I feel like I'm in the twilight zone here. This pin is a great (best ever, IMO) theme and certainly a popular new designer who's managed to get Stern to increase their budget a bit more, but dang, I have no idea why you are all gushing so much about this game. If this is all you need Stern to do, you're totally letting them off the hook. I get the feeling there's some group think/hype going on here that's influencing more people than will admit it. I was hoping for some special, and what we got doesn't interest me much at all.

The overall package looks great. I don't love the artwork, but it's ok and theme relevant, and the playfield certainly screams Jurassic Park, but that's pretty much the most positive thing I can say.

The layout has a ton packed into it. Yes, it has some cool features (t-rex toy), fun ramps, neat fake-jeep feature, cool raptor area, but it all comes with a downside. It's a clunk-fest. I watched the stream and even watched the best player in the world have trouble making shots. Rattle, rattle, post, clunk. Keith occasionally got into a good rhythm and showed how cool the game could be IF you can manage to hit a string of overly tight shots, but I best most people will have trouble. I hesitate to suggest which shots should have been removed, as all of them are pretty cool in their own right, but there's just too many of them. Everything's too tight. Damn... opportunity lost. This game could be so much fun, but the clunkiness kills it. Before posting this, I went back and clicked on 10 random points in the stream. I think 1 of the 10 showed a guy making a shot. The rest were posts and ramp rattles. Wonka destroys this game in playability.

You guys really think the animations are a step up? The LCD usage in this game is TERRIBLE. Stern, you can do so much better! Please don't listen to these people who think this is good enough. Please redo these! BK3 wasn't great either, but it is infinitely better than this. Why? The fake Jurassic Park content doesn't look great. The overly dark images done purposely to keep designers from adding detail look terrible. The quick changes to like 10 differerent scenes in short amounts of time is jarring. The bonus summaries changing the background for every award is difficult to process. The text sitting directly on top of animation graphics makes it super hard to read. The normal gameplay screen has too much information squeezed in with too small fonts. There's so much opportunity to make a beautiful graphical presentation, and this game completely misses the mark. ACNC destroys this game in LCD implementation. JJP destroys this game in terms of animation quality.

Lightshows... everything seems the same. Normal gameplay doesn't do much, hit a good shot in a mode and get a random, fast, blinky pattern. Whoopee. Soo many lights on the playfield, such poor integration. Spooky and JJP lightshows both crush this.

Sound... ok. I think this is the best part of the game right now. I don't love the voices, but everything else is integrated fairly well.

And dang, Stern. Why is the high score entry switching back and forth between DMD-style and high res? Looks awful. And who did the font selections on this game? Wasn't there a font-gate on Wonka? This game has the strangest choices for fonts and colors.

Yikes - I think this opinion won't be popular, but damn I had such high hopes for this game, and it totally misses the mark. Stern hopefully fixes the display and lights, but I don't think there's much they can do about the layout. I was so ready to buy this, but the stream killed my excitement. Maybe playing it will help, but I'm not a great player, and even some great players on the stream couldn't shoot this game well. Wonka's theme integration is really bad, but it looks a ton more fun to shoot.

#2634 4 years ago

There is a thing called placeholders...

#2635 4 years ago

What I really don’t understand is how Keith can design the playfield AND all the rules and still have a very nearly complete game (code wise). Sure, there will be months of polish because Keith wants his game flawless, which is great. The majority of rules and features are there. You’re not going to have to wait 3.5 years to get a wizard mode.

...looks at GB

#2636 4 years ago
Quoted from stantman:

It's a clunk-fest.

Clunk fest? There is no way you watched the same stream. This game has flow for days. The font police can also put down his badge. This code is early, lots to clean up.

#2637 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Clunk fest? There is no way you watched the same stream. This game has flow for days. The font police can also put down his badge. This code is early, lots to clean up.

Number of shots that return to a flipper doesn't mean flow. Sure, if you manage to hit all of the tight shots, it flows. Good luck doing that. Just clicked on 6 more random spots in the stream. Keith hit shots immediately in 2 of them. The other 4 were clunks.

#2638 4 years ago

Well I'm convinced.

#2639 4 years ago
Quoted from stantman:

Wow - I feel like I'm in the twilight zone here. This pin is a great (best ever, IMO) theme and certainly a popular new designer who's managed to get Stern to increase their budget a bit more, but dang, I have no idea why you are all gushing so much about this game. If this is all you need Stern to do, you're totally letting them off the hook. I get the feeling there's some group think/hype going on here that's influencing more people than will admit it. I was hoping for some special, and what we got doesn't interest me much at all.
The overall package looks great. I don't love the artwork, but it's ok and theme relevant, and the playfield certainly screams Jurassic Park, but that's pretty much the most positive thing I can say.
The layout has a ton packed into it. Yes, it has some cool features (t-rex toy), fun ramps, neat fake-jeep feature, cool raptor area, but it all comes with a downside. It's a clunk-fest. I watched the stream and even watched the best player in the world have trouble making shots. Rattle, rattle, post, clunk. Keith occasionally got into a good rhythm and showed how cool the game could be IF you can manage to hit a string of overly tight shots, but I best most people will have trouble. I hesitate to suggest which shots should have been removed, as all of them are pretty cool in their own right, but there's just too many of them. Everything's too tight. Damn... opportunity lost. This game could be so much fun, but the clunkiness kills it. Before posting this, I went back and clicked on 10 random points in the stream. I think 1 of the 10 showed a guy making a shot. The rest were posts and ramp rattles. Wonka destroys this game in playability.
You guys really think the animations are a step up? The LCD usage in this game is TERRIBLE. Stern, you can do so much better! Please don't listen to these people who think this is good enough. Please redo these! BK3 wasn't great either, but it is infinitely better than this. Why? The fake Jurassic Park content doesn't look great. The overly dark images done purposely to keep designers from adding detail look terrible. The quick changes to like 10 differerent scenes in short amounts of time is jarring. The bonus summaries changing the background for every award is difficult to process. The text sitting directly on top of animation graphics makes it super hard to read. The normal gameplay screen has too much information squeezed in with too small fonts. There's so much opportunity to make a beautiful graphical presentation, and this game completely misses the mark. ACNC destroys this game in LCD implementation. JJP destroys this game in terms of animation quality.
Lightshows... everything seems the same. Normal gameplay doesn't do much, hit a good shot in a mode and get a random, fast, blinky pattern. Whoopee. Soo many lights on the playfield, such poor integration. Spooky and JJP lightshows both crush this.
Sound... ok. I think this is the best part of the game right now. I don't love the voices, but everything else is integrated fairly well.
And dang, Stern. Why is the high score entry switching back and forth between DMD-style and high res? Looks awful. And who did the font selections on this game? Wasn't there a font-gate on Wonka? This game has the strangest choices for fonts and colors.
Yikes - I think this opinion won't be popular, but damn I had such high hopes for this game, and it totally misses the mark. Stern hopefully fixes the display and lights, but I don't think there's much they can do about the layout. I was so ready to buy this, but the stream killed my excitement. Maybe playing it will help, but I'm not a great player, and even some great players on the stream couldn't shoot this game well. Wonka's theme integration is really bad, but it looks a ton more fun to shoot.

Another JJP sycophant showing their insecurity.

#2640 4 years ago

Stern uped their game and its a home run
Epic!

#2641 4 years ago
Quoted from stantman:

Wasn't there a font-gate on Wonka?

If the entire art package for the Jurassic Park Pro consisted of just the JP logo, and it was drawn badly, I'd say something.

#2642 4 years ago

My take away from the comments is that you guys won't mind if I spend my money on this game?

#2643 4 years ago

I think Spooky should’ve hired Elwin. A great playfield designer is the only thing they are lacking IMO. Stern’s bullpen is so stacked it’s not even fair.

#2644 4 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

This exactly. I’ve played a lot of Wonka already. Layout is great. I just wanted it to be much more of a mode based journey, and I guess that’s just a personal preference but one that seems to be shared by a sizable number of pinsiders, for whatever that’s worth. And yes I know there are some modes in it but they feel haphazard to me for a variety of reasons.

I get that, but personally I really like the simpler ruleset Wonka has. It reminds me of a late 90's era Williams game in terms of depth, and I appreciate that change of pace. Not every game should need to be deeper and more complex than the last. Granted I've only played it a couple times at pinfest, so take this with a grain of salt, but I know what kind of rules I like in pinball and I definitely like what I see with Wonka's rules.

Jurassic Park, of course, also looks phenomenal though. Quite frankly if I were in a position to get a new game I'd have a very hard time picking between these two.

#2645 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I think Spooky should’ve hired Elwin. A great playfield designer is the only thing they are lacking IMO. Stern’s bullpen is so stacked it’s not even fair.

Every company should have hired Keith, Lyman, and Zombie Yeti. They are my dream team.

#2646 4 years ago

Keith smashed this one out of the park. There seems to be mostly very positive feedback, but there will always be those that feel differently, which is fine, but for the people straight slamming this game, you have some serious issues. My guess is they are just looking for a reaction. Kind of sad truthfully. Like what you want and dislike what you want but for anyone to say this is a terrible game, its probably time to get your head evaluated. Keith deserves a hell of a lot more respect than that. He is pushing the boundaries of pinball and drawing more people in. He should be commended for this. I guess you can't make everyone happy. Keep up the outstanding work Keith!

#2647 4 years ago

I agree that the gameplay on this looks great, but am I the only one who is really bothered by the voice acting? It's like X-men and Dark Knight bad. When did Muldoon become an angry Australian caricature? Crikey!

I get that they couldn't get the rights for real clips and I was ok with that. I assumed they would just do some simple new story based around the park, and they kinda did. But still they are recreating scenes and characters from the movie with animations that don't look like the movie and voices that definitely don't sound like the movie. And again, at first I was ok with it because some of them are pretty close to the script so they can be replaced with custom clips. But there are also a lot of lines spoken by these voice actors that don't line up with the movie and can't be easily replaced, so I don't know people who do custom sound packages are going to get around that.

Ultimately the game will still be fun, but I know every time I play it the voice work is just going to be grating. It really shouldn't have been that hard to just accept that they can't recreate the movie and do something a little different, but they decided to just do some poor imitations of the movie and it is just really wrong.

#2648 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Those Oompa Loompahs looks like crap also.
I do like the cannons and interface in Pirates, but not significant animations in that game at all.

Wow. JP is pretty much universally regarded as the master in this area, and you don't find the animations in Pirates "significant?"

I strongly suggest you take a closer look. Even transitions between screens are done elegantly.

#2649 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Keith smashed this one out of the park. There seems to be mostly very positive feedback, but there will always be those that feel differently, which is fine, but for the people straight slamming this game, you have some serious issues. My guess is they are just looking for a reaction. Kind of sad truthfully. Like what you want and dislike what you want but for anyone to say this is a terrible game, its probably time to get your head evaluated. Keith deserves a hell of a lot more respect than that. He is pushing the boundaries of pinball and drawing more people in. He should be commended for this. I guess you can't make everyone happy. Keep up the outstanding work Keith!

This is my feeling also, the game looks like it's well done in all aspects and I can't wait to flip it.

#2650 4 years ago

my overall feeling remain more than positive

but right now i'm thinking to those who were complaining about the fact that (in GB) we're always starting/seeing WHO BROUGHT THE DOG ?
i understand that playing JP is as following a story, with a quite close script, in which you can change/jump right or left (when moving to the next level) to get some variety, but i'm not sure... really have to play this more than a lot & see what happends (or not) to me personaly

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/53?hl=stantman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.