OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 73.
#2551 4 years ago

We've had a JP since 1999. The primary draw for us back then was the John William's score. I heard snippets in the Twitch, but there really could have been more, or maybe let the existing clips run longer.

The other non-Williams music assets seemed just fine, except maybe a bit heavy on drums. The voice actors might get tiring after a while.

Can't wait to see this one in person.

#2552 4 years ago

Yikes!!! This one looks like a blast to play ( dammit)...So many shots...

#2553 4 years ago

Raptor Rap mode featured in game?

#2554 4 years ago

Animations are not perfect but that is also not a 100 million dollar Disney movie.
It is still far the best animation we got from Stern. Period.

#2555 4 years ago

Just checked out the video for the first time. What jumped out at me immediately was how exciting the video clips are. Tons of action and movement. Yeah I suppose they look a little dated, but they make you FEEL something, which is what pinball is all about.

#2556 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You dont criticize. You complain. There IS a difference.

You would obviously not care to elaborate?
Atleast i bring an argument, how about you?

#2557 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

He complains allot, except in the JJP threads.

So, you are saying i´m not bringing forth issues in jjp thread that are negative?
You are a liar.

#2558 4 years ago

I liked the Zen-Pinball-style animations which showed dinosaurs on the playfield. I only saw that once, I hope there is more of that. Kind of like augmented reality.

#2559 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Ten minutes into the stream, finally, and the modes and ideas in this game look better than the playfield. So I'm really happy with that. Code looks fun and inventive, and like they've used the license in a playful and compelling way! I only wish the transitions between animations occured, rather than quick edits, and that the screen was larger.
This really looks like a fun, playful, and well integrated game! I definitely want to watch more, look forward to playing it and then maybe even.....

Stern did their homework on screen size. It is just the right size. Any larger and it would become ineffective. A smaller translite would lose its charm and there would be reflection from a larger screen onto the playfield. Almost all players want quick transitions to keep the flow of the game going. Stern has a long track record of experience to get the balance right.

#2560 4 years ago

Wow, just watched the first 15 minutes of the stream. Super slick. All the elements falling into place. Personally I like this feeling of video games and pinball merging ala Deadpool.

#2561 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

In what aspect beside sound integration do you think this beats willy wonka?

Sorry, but this game beats WW in every category and it’s not even close, although they both shoot well. Especially price! JJP equivalent to Stern LE is their CE. Both set at maximum of 500 units. WW sells for a whopping $3,500.00 more than a Stern LE, which is more loaded than WW. The big toy of WW, the gobbstopper, doesn’t even touch the ball, it just spins around. The big toy of JP is a fully animatronic T-Rex that follows the ball, eats the ball, spits the ball out, lays the ball down in a lane or throws the ball randomly onto the playfield. Awesome ball interaction, which is what pinball is all about. Gobbstopper spins and never touches the ball. Is that spinning toy worth more at WW $7,500 to $12,500.00 price tag, instead of JP’s $5,500 to $9,000 with actual ball interactive toys: of our hard earned money???

(Only JJP fan boys will down vote the truth, lol.)

#2562 4 years ago

If I had the money I'd buy this pin hands down! Oh my! Great job Stern!

#2563 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Sorry, but this game beats WW in every category and it’s not even close, although they both shoot well. Especially price! JJP equivalent to Stern LE is their CE. Both set at maximum of 500 units. WW sells for a whopping $3,500.00 more than a Stern LE, which is more loaded than WW. The big toy of WW, the gobbstopper, doesn’t even touch the ball, it just spins around. The big toy of JP is a fully animatronic T-Rex that follows the ball, eats the ball, spits the ball out, lays the ball down in a lane or throws the ball randomly onto the playfield. Awesome ball interaction, which is what pinball is all about. Gobbstopper spins and never touches the ball. Is that spinning toy worth more at WW $7,500 to $12,500.00 price tag, instead of JP’s $5,500 to $9,000 with actual ball interactive toys: of our hard earned money???

all I can say is that you have not played JP and it appears you have not played Wonka either.

Outside of that, the JJP LE is every bit the closest comparative to the Stern LE.

I suggest taking a deep breath and then go playing them both if you are in the market for one.

I have time extensively on Wonka and it is super fun. Best shooting JJP to date and full featured.

Looking forward to playing JP2 (both pro and premium in 2 days at ReplayFX) and then actually judging for myself based off actually playing the game.

#2564 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yikes!!! This one looks like a blast to play ( dammit)...So many shots...

Exactly ... dammit!

Was hoping I could dismiss this one based on the theme. Instead, yet another desirable game to stoke my addiction.

#2565 4 years ago

Most games you are happy if there are 2 or 3 really satisfying shots. From watching the stream, it looks like almost all of the shots are awesome. Great layout Keith! Hiring Elwin was the best decision Stern has made in a long time.

The best part is that it will be available to play on Thursday at Pinburgh / ReplayFX. 6 Pros and 1 Premium!

#2566 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

all I can say is that you have not played JP and it appears you have not played Wonka either.
Outside of that, the JJP LE is every bit the closest comparative to the Stern LE.
I suggest taking a deep breath and then go playing them both if you are in the market for one.
I have time extensively on Wonka and it is super fun. Best shooting JJP to date and full featured.
Looking forward to playing JP2 (both pro and premium in 2 days at ReplayFX) and then actually judging for myself based off actually playing the game.

True, I haven’t played JP yet, but come on, Keith Elwin did the game and we all saw the stream. No question, it shoots well. I said WW shoots well too. But WW is stripped by comparison. It does not have all the great interactive toys JP has or even POTC does and you’re kidding yourself if you think it does.

You’re also kidding yourself it you think a JJP LE, which is not an LE except in name only at 5,000 units, which is laughable!!! It does not compare in any aspect to a Stern LE. One example: Stern LE has mirrored back glass, JJP CE has mirrored back glass (JJP LE does not have mirrored back glass). The Stern LE and the JJP CE are the 2 comparable tables, as they are both the true collectors table offerings from both companies. The JJP LE is not limited in any way in pinball sales terms. Now you take a deep breath, lol!!!

#2567 4 years ago

Even if it's more questionnable with the WW, there is no way that a Stern LE is equal as an JJP CE. Depends of the game you are talking about.

An exemple ? Just compare a GOTG LE with a POTC CE...do you think it's even close call ? No way

Just please STOP comparing Stern to JJP

#2568 4 years ago

Anyone know if you can do a co-op multiplayer, similar to TNA? If not, I think this game would be stellar for it. After watching last nights stream I really want to get one.

#2569 4 years ago

Just like JJP doesn't make a Pro, Stern doesn't make a CE. LE vs LE is a fair fight. Premium vs Standard is a fair fight. But it also means Pro vs nothing, and CE vs nothing.

#2570 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Just like JJP doesn't make a Pro, Stern doesn't make a CE. LE vs LE is a fair fight. Premium vs Standard is a fair fight. But it also means Pro vs nothing, and CE vs nothing.

Great point, that's a good way to look at it.

Taking a look at both Wonka and JP, and even reading the arguments for both, shows just how great of a time it is for pinball. Two awesome pins released within months of each other.

#2571 4 years ago

Wow what an awesome game. You can see the time, detail and talent involved in this game. The game looks super fun to shoot and who doesn't like collecting dinosaurs and saving people? Fun multiballs, interesting smart missile, layers of detail, slick animations. I quite enjoyed the sounds and soundtrack.

One nitpick is the skill shot. If you get a skill shot you should not get another chance for another skill shot (super skill shot). It should be one or the other. In the stream several times players got 2 skill shots within a few seconds, which didn't make sense.

#2572 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Sorry, but this makes no logical sense.

JJP has a pro, called by a different name, known as an SE. JJP specifically stated they lowered the price by $500 to make it somewhat more affordable for locations, to compete with a Stern Pro, which sells to the same category. Let’s face it, all JJP tables are sold at a much higher price tag, except the original Woz, which sold for $6,500. Now that was reasonable.

#2573 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Taking a look at both Wonka and JP, and even reading the arguments for both, shows just how great of a time it is for pinball. Two awesome pins released within months of each other.

Of course panzer, you would say this illogic is a good point. Lol

#2574 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

You are a liar.

Thanks for the insult, but that’s one thing I’m not.

#2575 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

In the stream several times players got 2 skill shots within a few seconds, which didn't make sense.

It wasn’t two skill shots. It was a combo skill shot. Think of it as a 3 layer skill shot: Left ramp, right ramp, tower ramp. Only available as part of a combo.

#2576 4 years ago

You know, one of the best parts about last night's stream was the proud, excited look of Keith in the background as people played his new game.

For a guy who always seems to have his emotion in check dominating tournaments you could see genuine emotional excitement on his face. I'm so happy he can see his vision come to life for everyone to enjoy!

#2577 4 years ago

If you get a skill shot you should not get another chance for another skill shot (super skill shot). It should be one or the other. In the stream several times players got 2 skill shots within a few seconds, which didn't make sense.

Strong disagree. It was awesome because it was rewarding the combo.

My opinion- combos should always be rewarded; it drives me bonkers that I think there’s is only one combo reward on Deadpool (ninjapocalypse).

#2578 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

JJP has a pro, called by a different name, known as an SE. JJP specifically stated they lowered the price by $500 to make it somewhat more affordable for locations, to compete with a Stern Pro, which sells to the same category. Let’s face it, all JJP tables are sold at a much higher price tag, except the original Woz, which sold for $6,500. Now that was reasonable.

Dude. New JJP SE's should be compared to a Stern Premium, they are basically the same price. JJP doesn't make a pro.

#2579 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The pf art looks REALLY bad, like WTF bad. Maybe this will look better in person, but this is just flat art.

Looked great to me. Suits the game perfectly.

#2580 4 years ago

Wow I don't think I ever heard of a combo skill shot

Quoted from ATLpb:

Strong disagree. It was awesome because it was rewarding the combo.
My opinion- combos should always be rewarded; it drives me bonkers that I think there’s is only one combo reward on Deadpool (ninjapocalypse).

#2581 4 years ago

In the stream several times players got 2 skill shots within a few seconds, which didn't make sense.

I think it was combo ing the skillshots (which I love this idea)

You can get a skillshot, a skill then super, and possibly a skill, then super, then super duper?

#2582 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Dude. New JJP SE's should be compared to a Stern Premium, they are basically the same price. JJP doesn't make a pro.

Dude, this again makes no sense in the 3 table offerings. Only the 3 different names have you confused, but they both offer similar burgers. One plain, one with cheese and one with bacon cheese. All the same, just at different price points, which seems to be confusing to you. Stern doesnt use the name SE, but a pro is a Stern standard edition. Only price is different between the two. They are both targeted by both companies marketing talk to locations. Quite being so confused on the issue. It’s plain to see.

#2583 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Post stream thoughts
Game look very fun to shoot. This is the most important part for me.
Layout looks fun, challenging, but satisfying.
I am still amazed that the Dino on the pro does nothing (no growl, no jaw movement, no nothing), but watching the premium I realize that the Dino eating is a problem prone mech (had to tilt through and then glass off to free it, plus it is the one clunk shot in the game) and just slows down the game. Neat for some but I am cool with it doing nothing on the pro now.
The dirty pool/ gate on the other hand will be missed on the Pro; very fun and dangerous shot that looks super cool!
The combo shots look tough but oh so fun! Did anyone ever make the super duper skill last night? I love that even the pros were struggling on that timing.
Code looks fun and I like the physical path interplay. I hope the SFX get refined. Lots of starwars cinematic stuff in the background that need more jurassic undertones. Also the Peguin spinner sound NEEDS to go. I am hoping that is a place holder. It is aweful and does not fit this title. Dont reuse spinner sounds, it makes a game feel generic to hear it. Takes all the satisfaction out of ripping a spinner when you get RBION spinner in place of what should be a RAWWWWWWWWWER or something dino based sound.
The pf art looks REALLY bad, like WTF bad. Maybe this will look better in person, but this is just flat art.
Animations are happily much better than expected. Some looked to be placeholders, but the ones with texture and finished were pretty damn cool! Helped add to the story line and very cool to see this step in the right direction from Stern. They continually appear to look to their competitors and see where it is time to start investing in upping the game. I like this.

I mentioned that the spinner sounds just like the penguin spinner (which I actually liked) however I noticed as they were playing that same spinner shot changes sounds from the penguin to true dino...FYI

#2584 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

it actually makes complete sense.

Stern for years has rounded out the bottom end and uses their scale of production to make a stripped down version. They continue to explore this bottom end with the "home editions"

JJP has for years looked at the top end and tried to cater to the collector market.

Over time both companies have tried to compete with small adjustments.
For the first time JJP took something out of a game in order to lower BOM and try to get more in to the route market (which seems to have worked in my POV)
For the first time Stern seems to be trying to jam more in to the Pro to make it more desirable to the home buyer.

There is no doubt about it that things are evolving for both companies but the logical comparisons just like Frolic stated.

#2585 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I was going to say the exact same thing. All these companies are having to up their game which makes it great for us buyers. Lots of good stuff to choose from.

#2586 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I mentioned that the spinner sounds just like the penguin spinner (which I actually liked) however I noticed as they were playing that same spinner shot changes sounds from the penguin to true dino...FYI

I thought it was just a change on the premium vs pro?

I noticed penguin on the Prem
Pro was different

That is partly what made me assume it is a placeholder sound in the prem?

I like throw back sounds, but better for rarely used ones. Spinners need their own game specific sound in the modern era. They are part of the lifeblood of the game. Keep the penguin in RBION where it belongs is my vote

#2587 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

it actually makes complete sense.
Stern for years has rounded out the bottom end and uses their scale of production to make a stripped down version. They continue to explore this bottom end with the "home editions"
JJP has for years looked at the top end and tried to cater to the collector market.
Over time both companies have tried to compete with small adjustments.
For the first time JJP took something out of a game in order to lower BOM and try to get more in to the route market (which seems to have worked in my POV)
For the first time Stern seems to be trying to jam more in to the Pro to make it more desirable to the home buyer.
There is no doubt about it that things are evolving for both companies but the logical comparisons just like Frolic stated.

I can see that you and Panzer are both JJP fans and I wonder why you started a Stern thread and why Panzer trolls Stern threads. You both are illogical and cannot see the forest for the trees. Makes no logical sense in what you’re saying. 3 offerings from each company, but only with different names and price points. Both companies target the same 3 categories and is the reason they both offer 3 different table choices to those same category buyers.

#2588 4 years ago

All I have to say is this:

JJP

Stern

JJP

STERN!!

JJP!!!!

STERRRRN!!!

JJP!?>!??!

#2589 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

I can see that you and Panzer are both JJP fans and I wonder why you started a Stern thread and why Panzer trolls Stern threads. You both are illogical and cannot see the forest for the trees. Makes no logical sense in what you’re saying. 3 offerings from each company, but only with different names and price points. Both companies target the same 3 categories and is the reason they both offer 3 different table choices to those same category buyers.

You have been acting like the new #1 Stern fanboy over the past 24 hours. So I troll Stern threads because I said I think Dialed in and Pirates has the best animations in pinball (as the topic was being discussed) and then complimented Stern's animation work for JP? Get out of here with that crap. It was an opinion, if you don't like it downvote and state why you disagree but don't start insulting people.

#2590 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I don't think this is accurate. It's just Keith's design choices that allowed for more "stuff" due to budget. The 2 u-turn ramps, on many games, might have been scoops/vuks -- a tiny 180 of steel with no moving parts is FAR CHEAPER than a Scoop or a VUK with a coil. The truck toy in the middle is driven kinetically, no motor - again, less cost. The things he chose to use/do just left him more room in the budget to add other things. There's no conscious decision to "cram more in" it's just how Keith designed the game.

#2591 4 years ago

I am a fan of quality pinball period!

Many games I like from both companies. You need to get over the us v them mentality.
there are plenty of fanbois here, but I am just a pinball guy.

#2592 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All I have to say is this:
JJP
Stern
JJP
STERN!!
JJP!!!!
STERRRRN!!!
JJP!?>!??!

You’re right, there isn’t a versus here. Stern is the giant of the industry. JJP is a boutique player at best. No comparison. Stern puts out yearly, what JJP has put out in their almost 10 years of existence. Only 5 tables.

#2593 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You have been acting like the new #1 Stern fanboy over the past 24 hours. So I troll Stern threads because I said I think Dialed in and Pirates has the best animations in pinball and then complimented Stern's animation work for JP? Get out of here with that crap.

Must you stoop to a lower level??? Keep it civil and nice please.

Lol, usual downvotes by JJP fan boys, over asking someone to be nice??.

#2594 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I don't think this is accurate. It's just Keith's design choices that allowed for more "stuff" due to budget. The 2 u-turn ramps, on many games, might have been scoops/vuks -- a tiny 180 of steel with no moving parts is FAR CHEAPER than a Scoop or a VUK with a coil. The truck toy in the middle is driven kinetically, no motor - again, less cost. The things he chose to use/do just left him more room in the budget to add other things. There's no conscious decision to "cram more in" it's just how Keith designed the game.

Yeah, it seems he/his style of design definately allows him to work with in the constraints of BOM better!

I am all for it! fun, fast, satisfying shots and KME is defiantly putting his mark on pinball!

#2595 4 years ago

I see nothing to complain about other than I am not getting one for free. Game looks incredible! Amazing what Keith and the team has done with what has to be a tight budget.

#2596 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

No question, it shoots well. I said WW shoots well too. But WW is stripped by comparison. It does not have all the great interactive toys JP has or even POTC does and you’re kidding yourself if you think it does.
You’re also kidding yourself it you think a JJP LE, which is not an LE except in name only at 5,000 units, which is laughable!!! It does not compare in any aspect to a Stern LE. One example: Stern LE has mirrored back glass, JJP CE has mirrored back glass (JJP LE does not have mirrored back glass). The Stern LE and the JJP CE are the 2 comparable tables, as they are both the true collectors table offerings from both companies. The JJP LE is not limited in any way in pinball sales terms. Now you take a deep breath, lol!!!

Of course WW is stripped down. WHIRLWIND is a system 11 game. Kinda hard to compare the two. Like apples and oranges.

#2597 4 years ago

ok all, let's get back to discussing the fun of pinball and JP2 in particular.

#2598 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am all for it! fun, fast, satisfying shots and KME is defiantly putting his mark on pinball!

I don't think he's being defiant at all! He's agreeably giving the people what they want, with a smile on his face. I think. That beard is getting out of control.

#2599 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I thought it was just a change on the premium vs pro?
I noticed penguin on the Prem
Pro was different
That is partly what made me assume it is a placeholder sound in the prem?
I like throw back sounds, but better for rarely used ones. Spinners need their own game specific sound in the modern era. They are part of the lifeblood of the game. Keep the penguin in RBION where it belongs is my vote

I'll need to watch it again but I thought it changed mid game. You could be right though.... Not 100%

#2600 4 years ago

If Elvira is next, they have a pretty high standard to achieve after this release. Could you imagine if Jurassic Park was followed up with Munsters? There would be a lot of long faces.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/52?hl=phoenixpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.