OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 73.
#2501 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't even know what to say right now other than Stern just killed it! I know one thing, i wouldn't want to be the owner of another pinball.company right now because this game here just put a halt to EVERYONES sales big time!
I mean seriously, Gary Stern mic drop right here guys, thats all i got to say about that shit! This game is amazing and I cant wait to play it. This game is going to sell like ice water in Hell boys!

JJP and the others will really need to up there game now NICE JOB STERN!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2502 4 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Had the same impression. I'd always heard that AC/DC was the top seller of the last decade or so, but how can this not be the new champ? Theme appeal, execution, fun factor.....it seems impeccable on all fronts.

I agree. It looks like a solid pin, and the sales should be there. BUT, there are some other games planned for the fall - maybe the most in a 6 month window in the last 20 years. That has got to slow down the JP sells a bit.

But no doubt this pin looked better than I expected - and I already had a high bar.

#2503 4 years ago

Ten minutes into the stream, finally, and the modes and ideas in this game look better than the playfield. So I'm really happy with that. Code looks fun and inventive, and like they've used the license in a playful and compelling way! I only wish the transitions between animations occured, rather than quick edits, and that the screen was larger.

This really looks like a fun, playful, and well integrated game! I definitely want to watch more, look forward to playing it and then maybe even.....

#2504 4 years ago

It’s all about passion. Elwin still got it

#2505 4 years ago

How many shots does this game have anyway, like 10 or 11? Thats insane. So much to do on this game that its crazy, love the animations too.

#2506 4 years ago

Game looks great! Did anyone feel this is the worthy successor to IJ. For some reason I got that vibe. That was streets ahead for its time too.

#2507 4 years ago

I really hope Gomez lets Keith go crazy on game #3. He deserves it. Sales on this are going to be great

#2508 4 years ago

This will be so good next to my IMDN, well done Keith!

#2509 4 years ago

Animations on humans look really awkward, as does the monitor shading, looks flat, and that controller panel with modes lit, but then there's really solid work with extra balls, skillshots, and I like the island and how it details where players are. Nice GUI stuff there.

I do wish the score bonus didn't flash from random animation to animation, etc., sans context. Just too much stimulation.

There's a lot of good, fun work here, and I'm really excited to play this in person, and would consider a Pro.

#2512 4 years ago

Am I the only one that thinks the Pro delivers serious bang for the buck here? Sure the premium is the way to go if you have the extra cash right now, but the Pro is a solid option for guys like me on a budget!!

And I must say, Elwin brings a Funky-fresh feel back to stern... His designs aren't just modifications of fan layouts that I just like because they are new... His designs are F-R-E-S-H.
"

#2513 4 years ago

Watching Keith play is a treat. The way he nails the shots so quickly is crazy. I could see this being a really good collection game, much like Maiden is. Animations are great, and I love that Stern puts progress icons etc. on the screen. I wish they would do this even more. What a great looking, sounding and, most importantly, playing game. Stern is earning my respect again.

I swore I would never buy another Spike game... Now I'm going to have to focus really, really hard to resist. DAMN YOU ELWIN!

#2514 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I've never really been sold on buying by watching an early stream of a pin...........until now. I am in on Prem or LE, that dino head is AWESOME and game and rules look amazing already! Sounds/music seem good but I can definitely see someone making them even better in the future.

With a profile pic like that you better get the LE it's already got your team colors!

#2515 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Quite possibly, but the pinball industry seems about ten years behind in visual animation quality. I can't imagine any of these companies want to pay much or give time to visual artists.

More like 15-20 years actually. With that said, the animations do work and help drawing you in.

#2516 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Oops, I'm so sorry! I stated a negative AND a positive within one comment! God forbid we don't just shit all over something emphatically or praise something sans criticism.
Man, these boards. You can't go on a JJP thread and be critical/praiseful or the same with Stern. It's a crazy idea to see a product and simply evaluate it on it's on standards...

If you are going to get this upset over downvotes maybe Pinside isn't the place for you. You appear to take your own opinions very seriously and get really upset when the rest of us don't acknowledge you as a champion of the forum just for posting them?

Whatever the deal is, the martyr gimmick is old and sucks. Please retire it and stop with the meta-posting.

#2517 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

At one point it was at 5500 viewers! This game blows away any other game on the market. KME = MVD (most valuable designer).[quoted image]

In what aspect beside sound integration do you think this beats willy wonka?

I thought the most fun with the stream was...
-it's a spike system, i know this.
Really cool.

It would have been even funnier though if the callout was...
-it's a spike system, nobody knows this.

That would have been really hilarious, but maybe going there is a strech.

#2518 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Animations on humans look really awkward, as does the monitor shading, looks flat, and that controller panel with modes lit, but then there's really solid work with extra balls, skillshots, and I like the island and how it details where players are. Nice GUI stuff there.
I do wish the score bonus didn't flash from random animation to animation, etc., sans context. Just too much stimulation.
There's a lot of good, fun work here, and I'm really excited to play this in person, and would consider a Pro.

They aren't perfect, but look at stern even two years ago (Aerosmith anyone?). They have made leaps and bounds. I have a few issues with IMDN, but I have zero with this game. The animations are not only well done, they are balanced with serious and humorous. The Pterodactyl) crashing into the glass is freakin' awesome.

#2519 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

If you are going to get this upset over downvotes maybe Pinside isn't the place for you. You appear to take your own opinions very seriously and get really upset when the rest of us don't acknowledge you as a champion of the forum just for posting them?
Whatever the deal is, the martyr gimmick is old and sucks. Please retire it and stop with the meta-posting.

On the other hand threads like theese, more seems like members of some wierd sect having a get together.
Anybody voicing anything remotely critical or even minor facets gets instantly vailed upon.

#2520 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I thought the most fun with the stream was...
-it's a spike system, i know this.
Really cool.
It would have been even funnier though if the callout was...
-it's a spike system, nobody knows this.
That would have been really hilarious, but maybe going there is a strech.

I complain about spike like crazy, so that callout was FUCKING HILARIOUS!

#2521 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I want to love Wonka, the layout looks amazing.

Theme integration / mission objective wise I get more excited about trapping dinosaurs, shooting missiles, and defending against computer viruses vs. collecting chocolate bars.

#2522 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Not so much. I just feel if people are disagreeable, actually state as such, versus dogpile on. Once a dogpile occurs, does anyone actually weigh that opinion with any merit?

I'm always willing to engage and have discourse. It's cowardly to downvote en masse, sans directing comments towards a person, and creating a discussion. If that's how this forum "works" then perhaps you're right.

For me, it's not if I take things so personally, it's more thar it seems to be either an all in circle jerk in these threads or you're an outcast, and there's no inbetween.

Label me as you will, or I don't know....refute what I might write directly via actual discussions, versus shoot down all I say with your generalizations.

I've stated prior, all opinions are farts in the wind, including my own. I have issue when others shoot down others for having views that might not gel. I know the type of person I feel myself to be, I'm no champion, yet I wouldn't assess you in a negative light without knowing you very directly.

Fire away Zuul.

#2523 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

On the other hand threads like theese, more seems like members of some wierd sect having a get together.
Anybody voicing anything remotely critical or even minor facets gets instantly vailed upon.

I think it's more the way people voice critical opinions, and this applies everywhere in life.

#2524 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

They aren't perfect, but look at stern even two years ago (Aerosmith anyone?). They have made leaps and bounds. .

The animation that everyone thought was awesome on Aerosmith
They have come a long way; The BKsor shit is great.
I agree some of the things on JP2 aren't perfect but hey, I must always remind everyone of fat ass in IMDN. What you're seeing now MAY not be final.

#2525 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I must always remind everyone of fat ass in IMDN

Wait what?

#2526 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Wait what?

Remeber the launch code for IMDN that had some truly horrible low quality placeholder animation in it? It was Umm.... Fear of the dark I think that had this fat ass dude meandering through the woods... Awful and great at the same time.

#2527 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Theme integration / mission objective wise I get more excited about trapping dinosaurs, shooting missiles, and defending against computer viruses vs. collecting chocolate bars.

This exactly. I’ve played a lot of Wonka already. Layout is great. I just wanted it to be much more of a mode based journey, and I guess that’s just a personal preference but one that seems to be shared by a sizable number of pinsiders, for whatever that’s worth. And yes I know there are some modes in it but they feel haphazard to me for a variety of reasons.

Meanwhile though none of us have played it of course, JP’s code structure makes me excited: Trap dinosaurs and get perks, move along a map to escape the island, rescue people along the way, with side missions of fighting the trex and restoring the control room. Hard to deny it tells a story that’s easily conveyed and visualized while having depth.

Plus really interesting multiball rules like hitting the car to change which side has jackpots but risk/reward of increasing jackpot amounts the fewer the shots. Loved that.

#2528 4 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

This exactly. I’ve played a lot of Wonka already. Layout is great. I just wanted it to be much more of a mode based journey, and I guess that’s just a personal preference but one that seems to be shared by a sizable number of pinsiders, for whatever that’s worth. And yes I know there are some modes in it but they feel haphazard to me for a variety of reasons.
Meanwhile though none of us have played it of course, JP’s code structure makes me excited: Trap dinosaurs and get perks, move along a map to escape the island, rescue people along the way, with side missions of fighting the trex and restoring the control room. Hard to deny it tells a story that’s easily conveyed and visualized while having depth.
Plus really interesting multiball rules like hitting the car to change which side has jackpots but risk/reward of increasing jackpot amounts the fewer the shots. Loved that.

Having played Wonka a great deal tonight, I agree with you on structure here. Adding and moving forward in a coherent way feels lost in Wonka, but here there feels like a more tangible sense of things connecting. Maybe not entirely literally with a plot, but it feels like ideas patching together to create a greater structure, which most of modern pinball seems to forget entirely.

#2529 4 years ago

i know this! it's a Spike system!

#2530 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Remeber the launch code for IMDN that had some truly horrible low quality placeholder animation in it? It was Umm.... Fear of the dark I think that had this fat ass dude meandering through the woods... Awful and great at the same time.

lol that "fat ass dude" is KME

#2531 4 years ago

Just watched 20 mins of the stream and I'm BLOWN AWAY. This is the best thing I've seen in pinball for years. Absolutely love the gameplay with the map progression and all innovative rules and events. WELL DONE Keith Elwin and the Stern team. This is what pinball should be like. LOVE IT!

#2532 4 years ago

I think Keith has left little doubt that is he batting 1000 to start his design career at Stern. It is nice to see innovation in how a game is laid out. Playing the game itself will be the ultimate judge, but I think maiden has shown me personally that there can be an entirely different feel to a game, just by using a layout that is unconventional and different. People loved Maiden initially, heck customers have told me they hate the music but bought the game because it's so much fun to play. Now that is progress.

Congrats on another accomplishment Keith. The location players seem to love KME 1 and number 2 looks like it's headed down the same path. Can't wait to flip this baby! Cheers!

#2533 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

oh, I don‘t know, I think chocolate is pretty awesome. I collect chocolate bars regularly, but my collection never seems to grow much.

#2534 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

People loved Maiden initially, heck customers have told me they hate the music but bought the game because it's so much fun to play. Now that is progress.

This is me...although I don't own it. Very fun game to play!

#2535 4 years ago

Sounds like the code is a bit behind right now from what I gather. The action button doesn't really do much, and they commented that the coder was there until midnight the night before. Once the code is done, this game is going to be a hell of a title for Stern. Even Gomez says he is going to own one.

#2536 4 years ago

Hyped by this one !!

Looking forward to play it and decide if the differences between Pro/Prem/LE worth it ...

#2537 4 years ago

Difference in pro and premium/LE arnt that significant. Mainly its just the T-rex eating the ball and the raptor pen which isn't that big a deal. Im assuming everything else can be modded to be the same

#2538 4 years ago

I really wasn't prepared to be remotely interested in a new Jurassic Park pin, but wow, I came away from the reveal stream quite impressed. This game looks like awesome fun! I'm seriously considering a premium for my next pin purchase (love the moving dino toy and extra features). Great work KME and crew, and great work to all of the rest of the folks at Stern too. And as always, great job to Jack Danger on the reveal stream and all the work he puts into being a great ambassador for pinball.

#2539 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I agree. I think the theme assets and integration is somewhat better with wonka, atleast assets obviously, however as you, i find a dinoshooting pin more suited for pinball, then a choclate factory/kid competition is.

I think what impressed most with dino-pin was that the animations(even if they are not top notch), draw you in and add to the excitement,
Very well done in that aspect.

On the stream i would have liked more of the screen dedicated to the pin, and less to players. The more playfield details the better.

Also i like to add that i´m a fan of jjp games. I think they are just beautiful and the themes often really resonates well with family and home use.
However, i have a hard time thinking of a better bang for your pinball buck, then the stern jurassic park pro. Should be awesome playervalue.

#2540 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Bowen? Elwin is the GOAT and has mastery that surpasses your Bowen man-crush. Plus he designed the game!

No fucking shit that Elwin is the goat. What I am getting at is it would be cool to see Bowen "figuring it out as he goes", vs. the designer that already knows everything about the game and can just show us things at will.

My point totally went over your head. If I want to know everything about the game on command, yes, throw Elwin on the game. If I want to see someone, whose skill set you or I can't even come close to on our best day, play the game and figure it out little by little, Bowen would be who I'd enjoy watching play the game.

#2541 4 years ago

I'm just watching the stream as in Australia and was at work when it was live. Looks pretty fun. The animations look even better than black knight.

Wish that there where more nedry callouts and sound samples from the movie, but overall this game looks like a must buy for any new in box purchasers

#2542 4 years ago

The upper right flipper loop reminds me of the getaway 2

#2543 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't even know what to say right now other than Stern just killed it! I know one thing, i wouldn't want to be the owner of another pinball.company right now because this game here just put a halt to EVERYONES sales big time!
I mean seriously, Gary Stern mic drop right here guys, thats all i got to say about that shit! This game is amazing and I cant wait to play it. This game is going to sell like ice water in Hell boys!

I canceled my Wonka order twice.

#2544 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

You dont criticize. You complain. There IS a difference.

#2545 4 years ago

Post stream thoughts

Game look very fun to shoot. This is the most important part for me.
Layout looks fun, challenging, but satisfying.
I am still amazed that the Dino on the pro does nothing (no growl, no jaw movement, no nothing), but watching the premium I realize that the Dino eating is a problem prone mech (had to tilt through and then glass off to free it, plus it is the one clunk shot in the game) and just slows down the game. Neat for some but I am cool with it doing nothing on the pro now.
The dirty pool/ gate on the other hand will be missed on the Pro; very fun and dangerous shot that looks super cool!
The combo shots look tough but oh so fun! Did anyone ever make the super duper skill last night? I love that even the pros were struggling on that timing.

Code looks fun and I like the physical path interplay. I hope the SFX get refined. Lots of starwars cinematic stuff in the background that need more jurassic undertones. Also the Peguin spinner sound NEEDS to go. I am hoping that is a place holder. It is aweful and does not fit this title. Dont reuse spinner sounds, it makes a game feel generic to hear it. Takes all the satisfaction out of ripping a spinner when you get RBION spinner in place of what should be a RAWWWWWWWWWER or something dino based sound.

The pf art looks REALLY bad, like WTF bad. Maybe this will look better in person, but this is just flat art.

Animations are happily much better than expected. Some looked to be placeholders, but the ones with texture and finished were pretty damn cool! Helped add to the story line and very cool to see this step in the right direction from Stern. They continually appear to look to their competitors and see where it is time to start investing in upping the game. I like this.

#2546 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Pretty sure you're talking about the best pinball designer in the world right now. Bite your tongue sir.

#2547 4 years ago

Stream archive is up on YouTube

#2548 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

The upper right flipper loop reminds me of the getaway 2

Why the Getaway specifically, as opposed to other right flipper loops like Shadow or Ripley's?

#2549 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You dont criticize. You complain. There IS a difference.

He complains allot, except in the JJP threads.

#2550 4 years ago

What a great stream last night! Amazing looking game, everything is so well integrated. Thanks to dead flip for always getting us the cool release streams.

Stern is killing it right now. This isn't a game I can afford right now, but it's definitely on the list. My wife took one look at the dino throwing the ball and also heard the JP music and was immediately in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/51?hl=jaylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.