OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 73.
#2451 4 years ago

Looks epic!!

#2452 4 years ago

+1

#2453 4 years ago

Yeah game looks great but nobody and I mean NOBODY is touching KMFE's beard game.

#2454 4 years ago

Keith’s team have done an excellent job with an original take on JP vs cobbling together multiple movie assets.

The layout, rules, and video are very well integrated.
Is this thing even near 1.0 code? Pretty impressive.

Pros are going to breed like crazy - a no brainer for location operators.

#2455 4 years ago

Geez ez every shot on this game looks like a blast to shoot!

#2456 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

... This game blows away any other game on the market. ...

Perhaps, but only because Pirates is no longer on the market.

Cool looking gameplay nonetheless!

#2457 4 years ago

Finally, LCD animations done right and this should be the gold standard going forward and beyond. Using Zen pinball style animations combined with a terrific, physical, pinball machine was the right way to go with this theme.

#2458 4 years ago

Best part of the stream was Keith speaking truth about DE JP

Seriously though, wow. Buy.

#2459 4 years ago

Sense of awe and wonder of Dinosaurs?!

Consider it evoked!!!

I can't fathom why people continue to try to score cheap points by picking fights with Stern. Without them this hobby would be ridiculously fucked, at least for NIB customers.

#2460 4 years ago

Dammit. Was hoping to wait until Spring (MGC) to buy a new game because I wanted to see GNR and whatever else is coming out and get a good price but that's going to be a tough wait.. this game looks incredible! The sound and video package is the best from Stern yet. Game looks like a blast to play and KME absolutely killed it on design. Can't wait to play it at Replay in a few days!

#2461 4 years ago

Game looks hella fun. I could quibble over this or that, but why, the fun part clearly shines brighter than any little complaint. At the end of the day what matters is that these are games, meant to invoke joy. If something gets in the way of that, hey, so be it, but I can't imagine playing this and not having a good time.

#2462 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wow pro is a big downgrade compared to premium. Big diff for me on this one. No brainer prem here. TREX doesn't do anything.

I agree. The movement of the TRex alone makes a huge difference. Premium all the way.

#2463 4 years ago

With Keith onboard and if Eddy can recapture the old magic, Stern could be set up for quite an exciting run of new pins.

#2464 4 years ago

Stern & Elwin have a big winner on their hands with JP. This looks like the total package from layout, code, objective variety, theme integration, LCD animations, replayability & flat out fun. Couple things I picked up from stream...

There are so many shots, modes, perks & and multiballs here. It’s insane how many tasks/objectives & ways to rack points there are on this game. It won’t get old anytime soon. And this is the initial code! Damn impressive.

The ability to change the direction of the Jeep is so huge. Instead of getting a linear mode path, each player follows their own unique path across the island, so the player is in total control. Multiple ways to play the game. And you can see where the other players are on the map!

That rocket launcher shot looks awesome. It’s a tight pressure shot to make though the pops & I bet it feels great to collect it. Elwin mentioned it’s his favorite shot in the game.

Everyone loves T-Rex & their are multiple unique modes for him. Well represented, along with the munching mech on the prem/LE. Elwin said you can change your settings to make him drop the ball on the rail, instead of throwing it everywhere if you want.

Just blown away by the job they did on this game. IMO Sterns best LCD game so far, and probably their best game since Metallica. Looking forward to playing!

0A5869B7-4EE1-46EE-BFFF-C1FB2EC61001.gif0A5869B7-4EE1-46EE-BFFF-C1FB2EC61001.gifDA728449-B11E-4777-BFC7-5023687B374C.gifDA728449-B11E-4777-BFC7-5023687B374C.gif
#2465 4 years ago

Looks like a blast- fast, flowy and fun.
Seems like the complete package.
Agreed with Aurich, can’t imagine playng this and not having a great time.

#2466 4 years ago

Know what I love most about awesome titles like this comin out?
The machines y'all are gettin ready to sell.

#2467 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Stern & Elwin have a big winner on their hands with JP. This looks like the total package from layout, code, objective variety, theme integration, LCD animations, replayability & flat out fun. Couple things I picked up from stream...
There are so many shots, modes, perks & and multiballs here. It’s insane how many tasks/objectives & ways to rack points there are on this game. It won’t get old anytime soon. And this is the initial code! Damn impressive.
The ability to change the direction of the Jeep is so huge. Instead of getting a linear mode path, each player follows their own unique path across the island, so the player is in total control. Multiple ways to play the game. And you can see where the other players are on the map!
That rocket launcher shot looks awesome. It’s a tight pressure shot to make though the pops & I bet it feels great to collect it. Elwin mentioned it’s his favorite shot in the game.
Everyone loves T-Rex & their are multiple unique modes for him. Well represented, along with the munching mech on the prem/LE. Elwin said you can change your settings to make him drop the ball on the rail, instead of throwing it everywhere if you want.
Just blown away by the job they did on this game. IMO Sterns best LCD game so far, and probably their best game since Metallica. Looking forward to playing!

I asked that question he was answering it on the stream. The prem/LE dino throws the ball only during TRex Rampage. You can disable it in the menu settings, but it changes just that particular mode, the dino does not throw the ball in any other gameplay.

#2468 4 years ago

I missed the stream. Is it uploaded anywhere to watch?

#2469 4 years ago

Jeff it should be on YouTube here shortly.

#2470 4 years ago

most positive response ever on pinside? haters thought it would go away after the stream.....I think it's only picking up.

Stern is going to print money with this one. Well done. Now if they can only fix GB with code, it would be a home run year for them.

#2471 4 years ago

I didn't catch much, but WOW that looked juicy with a high fun factor! Great shots, great animations, great sound...congrats, Keith and Team!

#2472 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah. Best animations in pinball still go to JJP / J.P for Dialed In / Pirates in my opinion, easily. The character animations on Dialed In mini LCD are incredible (plus multiple varieties for each character) along with the main LCD animations.
Stern's JP Jurassic Park has some really nice animations. The scenes of the car going through the park are cool as is the animated island map screen, both are high quality. The T-Rex water cup animation and main building animations look very rough though. Overall Stern has really stepped up their LCD animations.

We get it, you’re a number one JJP fan boy leading their cheers. But honestly stop with your posting of promoting JJP in a Stern thread. It gets old. I’ve got family who does Disney animation for a living and their first comment when seeing JJP animations has been, what amateurs have done this work? Said Dialed In for example looked 10 years old, animations are so poor. JP animations are far superior from a professional viewpoint, than the 2 tables you mentioned. Although, I like POTC GUI. Just the rest of it is subpar, imo.

#2473 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Stop fucking with my emotions!!!!!! Bowen doing a reveal would be grade-A perfect. His humor is just right, and I would thoroughly enjoying seeing someone with his level of mastery figuring out a game for the first time right in front of us.
Of course, we live nowhere near perfect.....

Bowen? Elwin is the GOAT and has mastery that surpasses your Bowen man-crush. Plus he designed the game!

#2474 4 years ago

Did you guys see his 800m+ game on premium?
Dude is unfuckwithable.

#2475 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

We get it, you’re a number one JJP fan boy leading their cheers. But honestly stop with your posting of promoting JJP in a Stern thread. It gets old. I’ve got family who does Disney animation for a living and their first comment when seeing JJP animations has been, what amateurs have done this work? Said Dialed In for example looked 10 years old, animations are so poor. JP animations are far superior from a professional viewpoint, than the 2 tables you mentioned. Although, I like POTC GUI. Just the rest of it is subpar, imo.

Can we just admit that all of this work is a decade behind, oddly?

#2476 4 years ago

Pro and Premium both look great, and no gimped gameplay on the Pro. I think all buyers can be happy with their choices this time out.

#2477 4 years ago

Was the stream today a Pro?

#2478 4 years ago

Game looks great. Awesome sense of “chaos” voices not great but im in.

#2479 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Was the stream today a Pro?

Began with Premium followed by the Pro.

#2480 4 years ago

Due to the cost of NIB games I really, REALLY didn't want to like this game. Then I watched the gameplay video. Just one question remains - Anybody know where I can get a part-time job?

#2481 4 years ago

I love what they have done with the modes and working your way through. It feels like an adventure and a little video game like in a great way. One thing they need to have is an alternate mode. Once you get to the final wizard mode they should unlock a play type that lets you pick your mode and not have to follow the path. It’s very linear and I can see the early modes getting tiresome and you rarely get to experience the later modes.

It is disappointing the Trex on the pro does nothing.

#2482 4 years ago

I see a lot of Munsters and Black Nights for sale in the near future.

#2483 4 years ago

How much do you guys think the animatronic adds to the players perspective...

#2484 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Now you are being a troll. I complimented Sterns JP animation work, looks great. I was just stating my opinion with what I believe are the best animations in pinball as others were discussing the topic. Also, I don't believe for a second you have family at Disney animation that said that yet you say JP animations are superior lol! Good one. Is that you Gary?

#2485 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Now you are being a troll. I complimented Sterns JP animation work, looks great. I was just stating my opinion with what I believe are the best animations in pinball as others were discussing the topic. Also, I don't believe for a second you have family at Disney animation that said that yet you say JP animations are superior lol! Good one. Is that you Gary?

Guys the entire Pinball industry is about 10 years away from video game animation let alone major studios. What in the world are you even fighting over?

#2486 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

How much do you guys think the animatronic adds to the players perspective...

I think it adds a lot for younger or newer players, so I think ops have the toughest decision to make. For me, personally, it’s not important. But I’m all about the gameplay. It could be a whitewood and I’d still be in love with this layout.

#2487 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What in the world are you even fighting over?

JJP vs. Stern....same shit diff'rent day.

#2488 4 years ago

Way cooler than what I was expecting. JP looks fun to shoot and I appreciate Stern taking the risk to create custom video content vs using movie scenes. I don’t want all the games I play to be the same and this feels so different from a standard 2-flipper Stern. Will be playing this when available but it is way too early to rate the game.

#2489 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

The ability to change the direction of the Jeep is so huge. Instead of getting a linear mode path, each player follows their own unique path across the island, so the player is in total control.

Yeah but aren't you always starting with the same 1 or 2 modes...which is technically 1 less than GB which drove us all crazy?
Sorry if I'm wrong I only caught a minute of the stream

#2490 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Way cooler than what I was expecting. It looks fun to shoot and I appreciate Stern’s taking the risk to make custom video vs using movie scenes. I don’t want all the games I play to be the same and this feels so different than a standard 2 flipper Stern.Will be playing this when available but it is way too early to rate the game.

Yeah. The game comes across as very unique versus being a modified copy of another layout. Both of Keith's first two pins don't really look like anything else out there.

#2491 4 years ago

The game really does look incredible, I hope the premium ends up at my league at some point! The only thing that disappoints me is the music and sound... I don't like complaining, but good music and sound design is one of my favorite parts of pinball and I feel like those things have been lacking in pinball in the past decade, with some exceptions of course. This game's soundtrack just seemed so boring. It's a pinball game with dinosaurs, the music should be fast and exciting. I'm sure it's still a blast to play, but a great sound package would have made me absolutely crazy over this game considering how excited I am regardless!

#2492 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah. The game comes across as very unique versus being a modified copy of another layout. Both of Keith's first two pins don't really look like anything else out there.

Judging how seamless the objectives and gameplay are implemented, one notices Keith had a unique vision and his team implemented it. Everyone playing JP appeared natural and effortless, so while I may need to brush up my game skills to do well, I’ll be having fun rounding up dinosaurs too.

#2493 4 years ago

Just watched some of the stream game looks amazing, haven't been this excited for a pinball since Iron Maiden can't wait for my pro to arrive.

#2494 4 years ago

I've never really been sold on buying by watching an early stream of a pin...........until now. I am in on Prem or LE, that dino head is AWESOME and game and rules look amazing already! Sounds/music seem good but I can definitely see someone making them even better in the future.

#2495 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys the entire Pinball industry is about 10 years away from video game animation let alone major studios. What in the world are you even fighting over?

Those Oompa Loompahs looks like crap also.

I do like the cannons and interface in Pirates, but not significant animations in that game at all.

#2496 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Man, a lot of fun ideas here, though budget and execution still look like PS3 era quality or lower visuals. But those modes look really fun, and this looks exciting to play!!!

Oops, I'm so sorry! I stated a negative AND a positive within one comment! God forbid we don't just shit all over something emphatically or praise something sans criticism.

Man, these boards. You can't go on a JJP thread and be critical/praiseful or the same with Stern. It's a crazy idea to see a product and simply evaluate it on it's on standards.

If I don't feel like, "oh yes Stern!!!" Should I not post, or the same with JJP? I do hope most of you have stock in these companies, as last I checked, these aren't akin to going to a movie or $10 or buying a video game for $60.

Woof.

#2497 4 years ago

I don't even know what to say right now other than Stern just killed it! I know one thing, i wouldn't want to be the owner of another pinball.company right now because this game here just put a halt to EVERYONES sales big time!

I mean seriously, Gary Stern mic drop right here guys, thats all i got to say about that shit! This game is amazing and I cant wait to play it. This game is going to sell like ice water in Hell boys!

#2498 4 years ago

Anyone else catch this?
753C1C7D-7F8D-4C24-9BBE-BE5612B142BA (resized).jpeg753C1C7D-7F8D-4C24-9BBE-BE5612B142BA (resized).jpeg

Two time twipy game of the year winner right there!!

#2499 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Anyone else catch this?[quoted image]

Yep i did lol. That is funny.

#2500 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't even know what to say right now other than Stern just killed it! I know one thing, i wouldn't want to be the owner of another pinball.company right now because this game here just put a halt to EVERYONES sales big time!

Had the same impression. I'd always heard that AC/DC was the top seller of the last decade or so, but how can this not be the new champ? Theme appeal, execution, fun factor.....it seems impeccable on all fronts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
Oakhurst, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/50?hl=sandeep and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.