OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 73.
#2401 4 years ago

Is dis pro or premium in stream?

Ah, premium. I saw the ball lock @ the sling

#2402 4 years ago

Best animations from Stern ever, and it isn't close.

#2403 4 years ago

They really killed it on the animation integration. Looking amazing so far!

#2404 4 years ago

Wow. I am blown away.

#2405 4 years ago

Fantastic looking. Awesome animations. Can’t wait to get mine. This is how you code a pin!! Game of the year so far by a long shot. One question, I thought Nedry did callouts or something? Other than “ah ah ah” I haven’t heard him at all?

#2406 4 years ago

Blown. Away.

#2407 4 years ago

Maybe a dumb question, but I haven't seen anything in the stream yet about playfield multipliers? I don't care if it has them or not, just think it's interesting if there aren't any.

#2408 4 years ago

Link for the lazy latecomers please

#2409 4 years ago
#2410 4 years ago

This looks incredible. Congrats Keith and team! Having Elwin designing games is the best thing to happen to pinball in at least 20 years!

#2411 4 years ago

I think that Jack Danger is a really positive thing for pinball in general. His videos and streams are entertaining and have a positive slant. I imagine it would take a fair bit of work and time away from family to do what he does, but I'm thankful that he does do it.

#2412 4 years ago

VERY VERY impressive.

#2413 4 years ago

Looks amazing!!!!
Did Keith cover the different shots from the pro vs the premium or is the difference mostly just the toys like the moving t-rex, helicopter blades, and raptor gate? Trying to make a decision whether or not to jump on board with the pro or premium model.

#2414 4 years ago

Man, a lot of fun ideas here, though budget and execution still look like PS3 era quality or lower visuals. But those modes look really fun, and this looks exciting to play!!!

#2415 4 years ago

I’m exhausted watching Elwin play. Wow.

Game is amazing. A lot of work went into it.

#2416 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

Looks amazing!!!!
Did Keith cover the different shots from the pro vs the premium or is the difference mostly just the toys like the moving t-rex, helicopter blades, and raptor gate? Trying to make a decision whether or not to jump on board with the pro or premium model.

They really haven't gone over much. Pretty much did introductions and jumped right into game play.

#2417 4 years ago

The call outs can easily be replaced with clips from the movie , it should be pretty simple to improve them.

#2418 4 years ago

glad they basically animated some of the best JP moments. So far all looks great. The mode starts/animations and call outs seem a little forced (find nerdy!) but DAMN, this game looks good.

The spinner center shot sound effect is straight out of Ripleys (penguin sound) which I love.

JP eating the ball is sick. I don't hear many nerdy call outs though (warning is awesome though). Wish the hamon voice actor was a little less angry and had more of an accent. Car seems to be really a big part of it.

Overall really really good.

#2419 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

They really haven't gone over much. Pretty much did introductions and jumped right into game play.

Thanks! Does anyone know if deadflip or anyone else will stream the pro model?

#2420 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Man, a lot of fun ideas here, though budget and execution still look like PS3 era quality or lower visuals. But those modes look really fun, and this looks exciting to play!!!

Best animations I’ve seen in a pinball to date.

#2421 4 years ago

Uh oh the t-rex choked on the ball!!

#2422 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Just hit the tilt animation too, it's pretty great!

tilt (resized).JPGtilt (resized).JPG
#2423 4 years ago

Did anyone hear anything at the beginning of the stream regarding the rule structure and number of main modes?

#2424 4 years ago

Thanks! Does anyone know if deadflip or anyone else will stream the pro model?

He just said after this game, so soon I would think.

#2425 4 years ago

pro coming out soon here

#2426 4 years ago

Uh oh the t-rex choked on the ball!!

Yea I just saw that too. Not good that you shoot the t-rex mouth and it didn't register.

Overall the gameplay, code and animations are great!

#2427 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Quite possibly, but the pinball industry seems about ten years behind in visual animation quality. I can't imagine any of these companies want to pay much or give time to visual artists.

#2428 4 years ago

Looks amazing. Can't justify the new costs and Stern's tiers, unfortunately. Kudos to Elwin and gang.

#2429 4 years ago

Trex seems to toss the ball everywhere....not just the same spot on the PF which is SICK. Well done stern. prob your best toy in some time. love it. It also moves it's neck during gameplay.

#2430 4 years ago

Epic!

#2431 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Quite possibly, but the pinball industry seems about ten years behind in visual animation quality. I can't imagine any of these companies want to pay much or give time to visual artists.

Yeah. Best animations in pinball still go to JJP / J.P for Dialed In / Pirates in my opinion, easily. The character animations on Dialed In mini LCD are incredible (plus multiple varieties for each character) along with the main LCD animations.

Stern's JP Jurassic Park has some really nice animations. The scenes of the car going through the park are cool as is the animated island map screen, both are high quality. The T-Rex water cup animation and main building animations look very rough though. Overall Stern has really stepped up their LCD animations.

#2432 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Say what you will about Jack Danger, but I was pretty surprised when I stumbled on his blog. It basically tells you how to set up & operate an entire rig for pinball streaming. Equipment options, tuning settings....all his tricks of the trade. Pretty generous to share his streaming knowledge with the community. Sure he may be a little annoying at times, but the dude is alright in my book.
http://www.deadflip.com/howtostreampinball
Looking forward to the stream tonight.

Holy shit. That is a fantastic page!! Top 5 posts in this thread for sure. I don't want to steam, but I do want to do something similar to what Chris Bucci used to do back in 2009 for pinball reviews, and wow, this was a great find. Thanks!!!!

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Imagine how wonderful it would be if Bowen did their reveals alone.

Stop fucking with my emotions!!!!!! Bowen doing a reveal would be grade-A perfect. His humor is just right, and I would thoroughly enjoying seeing someone with his level of mastery figuring out a game for the first time right in front of us.

Of course, we live nowhere near perfect.....

#2433 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah. Best animations in pinball still go to JJP / J.P for Dialed In. The character animations on the mini LCD are incredible (plus multiple varieties for each character) along with the main LCD animations.
Stern's JP Jurassic Park has some really nice animations. The scenes of the car going through the park are cool as is the animated island map screen. The T-Rex water cup animation and main building animations look very rough though.

I believe they are going for that 90's 3d animation vibe from the movies, but I could be wrong.

#2434 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

pro coming out soon here

Yes! I'm excited. Love that deadflip and all of the crew are doing this for us.

#2435 4 years ago

wow pro is a big downgrade compared to premium. Big diff for me on this one. No brainer prem here. TREX doesn't do anything.

#2436 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wow pro is a big downgrade compared to premium. Big diff for me on this one. No brainer prem here. TREX doesn't do anything.

Eek. Really??? I stopped watching for a bit, at Helicon.

#2437 4 years ago

Love the creativity of the animations

#2438 4 years ago

What’s street price on a Premium?

I can pay $7,499 retail & get 2.625% credit card rewards to net a price of $7,302 shipped

Is anyone hearing better with a cash or wire transaction?

#2439 4 years ago

I’m impressed. I really like the animations and videos. Awesome layout

#2440 4 years ago

Watched the stream for five minutes....these are already my favorite screen animations of any pinball ever. Just excellent.

#2441 4 years ago

At one point it was at 5500 viewers! This game blows away any other game on the market. KME = MVD (most valuable designer).

FBB4B7E2-FC4D-4A05-BAB2-B844B933B0E3 (resized).jpegFBB4B7E2-FC4D-4A05-BAB2-B844B933B0E3 (resized).jpeg
#2442 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

What’s street price on a Premium?
I can pay $7,499 retail & get 2.625% credit card rewards to net a price of $7,302 shipped
Is anyone hearing better with a cash or wire transaction?

Can try a Chase Sapphire card, $500 cash back after spending $4k+. Can only use promotion once every 48 months (think they upped it from 24). I may have done that for a pin or two lol.

#2443 4 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Watched the stream for five minutes....these are already my favorite screen animations of any pinball ever. Just excellent.

The extra ball animation was great. I thoroughly enjoyed it (T-Rex eats the ball off the toilet ala JP T-Rex eating lawyer).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2444 4 years ago

(Last Week)
Pinside Babies: “why why why no movie clips and movie call outs, why why why do these companies keep screwing up these assets!?!!”

(Today)
*watches stream*
*jaw drops*
“Oh, that’s why...”

#2445 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

(Last Week)
Pinside Babies: “why why why no movie clips and movie call outs, why why why do these companies keep screwing up these assets!?!!”
(Today)
*watches stream*
*jaw drops*
“Oh, that’s why...”

Not really. I would take movie clips ANY day over this BUT the animations look great which is what we all were hoping.

Animations still don't even come close to video game standards but for pinball, these are really good. Def Sterns best and excited to own this one!

#2447 4 years ago

Some of those shots are super tight.

#2448 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Maybe a dumb question, but I haven't seen anything in the stream yet about playfield multipliers? I don't care if it has them or not, just think it's interesting if there aren't any.

I think there's a double point mode. Not sure if there's anything higher..

#2449 4 years ago

Premium/LE are a must buy here.

#2450 4 years ago

LCD assets look great. Stern really upped their game there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Albans Town, VT
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
9,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 300.00
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.