OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 73.
#2351 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

I'm wondering why there is a pterodactyl on the Pro side art...
There were no pterodactyls in Jurrasic Park original movie. The pterodactyl territory was on Isla Sorna and not seen until JP3, and they weren't flying free until the last scene of JP3.

Seriously? Literally unplayable. Such a travesty.

#2352 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Aurich is awesome, I'm not sure what you are talking about here

Me neither, but ignorance is bliss. Whatever was said just ignore it, I couldn’t care less.

Everyone so quick to make things personal. All this talk about Jack like he’s not on Pinside probably reading this thread and biting his tongue.

I said earlier I hoped Keith wasn’t reading people being jerks, he still shows up with helpful comments.

Nothing wrong with opinions, but no need to be mean about it. No need to drag people down.

You know how you know I don’t like someone? You don’t. I’ll never mention their name, just move on.

Stream tonight will be fun even if it’s not perfect in some fashion or another.

#2353 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

There were no pterodactyls in Jurrasic Park original movie. The pterodactyl territory was on Isla Sorna and not seen until JP3, and they weren't flying free until the last scene of JP3.

This is based on the JP universe. Not just the first movie.

#2354 4 years ago

Anyone know what’s being streamed? Pro or Pre?

#2355 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

In fairness that's just the nature of Twitch, it's meant to be interactive. I stream retro on Twitch all the time with a friend, and if you don't engage chat they will just leave and go elsewhere. Without chat interaction it basically becomes the same as watching a pre-recorded video, ie Youtube. It's not for everyone, some hate Twitch some love it but live chat is part of the design along with people wanting to interact with and learn about the host(s).

Oh that's cool, I'm actually referring to youtube more than twitch. The twitch thing with commentary on a reveal makes a lot of sense, I get that. I just hate scrolling through tones of videos on youtube with a bunch of dudes talking over games when I'm trying to get an idea of gameplay and sounds.

#2356 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

This is based on the JP universe. Not just the first movie.

all 6?

#2357 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone know what’s being streamed? Pro or Pre?

Jack usually jumps from Pro to Premium/LE on reveal steams... Odds are both

#2358 4 years ago

I have no clue until we see the gameplay but because of the title of the game and Nedry its most likely just the original 3. The spinosaurus and raptors from the 3rd movie are represented as well in the art.

#2359 4 years ago

When did everyone on pinside become art collectors? I think I missed the memo

#2360 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

Quoted from DCFAN:

It is not really based on the movie(s). Instead it is based on the general Jurassic Park theme/franchise.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurassic_Park

#2361 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Your username is apt. I think JJP streams are boring. To each their own!

Funny enough, the JJP Deadflip stream is what sold me on Pirates!

Best of both worlds...?

#2362 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I have no clue until we see the gameplay but because of the title of the game and Nedry its most likely just the original 3. The spinosaurus and raptors from the 3rd movie are represented as well in the art.

I guess we'll have to see...

Might be all 6 since Blue is on the prem/le

#2363 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Being Greg Bone

If your saying I’m a grumpy old man I won’t disagree ha ha!!!!!!

#2364 4 years ago

Jurassic Park DEEP DIVE! In Depth Overview of the Machine, Features, Rules, and More!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/jurassic-park-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

Will be updated even more after the stream tonight by Jack Danger!

67371345_10157591286704244_7598324186355859456_o (resized).jpg67371345_10157591286704244_7598324186355859456_o (resized).jpg
#2365 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Me neither, but ignorance is bliss. Whatever was said just ignore it, I couldn’t care less.
Everyone so quick to make things personal. All this talk about Jack like he’s not on Pinside probably reading this thread and biting his tongue.
I said earlier I hoped Keith wasn’t reading people being jerks, he still shows up with helpful comments.
Nothing wrong with opinions, but no need to be mean about it. No need to drag people down.
You know how you know I don’t like someone? You don’t. I’ll never mention their name, just move on.
Stream tonight will be fun even if it’s not perfect in some fashion or another.

I don't know if you're referring to me, as you didn't directly reply to me, after you initially stated I was ignorant of streamer's hardships, but after questioning your viewpoints in a fairly thoughtful way, I seem to be at gnat level. (I do find it "funny" you directly reply to someone telling you you're awesome, rather than someone questioning your viewpoints.)

I haven't seen anyone dragging anyone down here, forum user or designer.

Who was being a jerk to Keith? I haven't read any derogatory comments? If anything, he's a diety level here. Frankly, he and all designers should regularly show up. They're trying to sell a game to their core users. It makes sense to show up, and discuss his game design.

I do like Maiden, but I'm also not one to jump to hailing him as the next or current greatest designer. Maybe we get ten years/5 games under his belt, and then set things in stone a bit more?

#2366 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

(I do find it "funny" you directly reply to someone telling you you're awesome, rather than someone questioning your viewpoints.)

#2367 4 years ago

The "Smart Missile" shot through the pops looks super-satisfying. Super long too, going to be a tough one to nail!

EDIT>> To expand, the reason I love shots through the pop bumpers is that when you miss all hell breaks loose! Unlike if a tight shot is surrounded by posts or targets where it's more of a brick than anything. I kind of hate it when the pops are caged and nothing interesting can happen except you ball dribbles out bottom eventually in the same place more or less the same way everytime. Why bother having them?

#2368 4 years ago

Any links to the stream please?

#2370 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think you are on the wrong forum?

Oh come on...no need to moderate ol’ wisesnow

My posts are often ripe with intentional innuendo for y’all to use freely

Moderate me if need be, but you have my blessing to undo his...

#2371 4 years ago

Just two more hours until y’all can nitpick the gameplay instead of each other.

#2373 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Just two more hours until y’all can nitpick the gameplay instead of each other.

You underestimate Pinside sir - we can do both!

#2374 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

I believe a good design offers both easy and tight shots. 2 of the shots in this game vary in difficulty depending on the orientation of the truck. When the truck is facing right the spinner shot gets tighter. When facing left the smart missile shot (pops target) gets tighter.

Here is a question for you: If the truck position is only set by the player and doesn't reset on player change does it imbalance it (just a little) for tournaments? It's a small thing, but I was always surprised at how much thought designers put into resetting the playfield state for each player. Not a gripe or complaint, just a thought.

#2375 4 years ago
Quoted from crankypants:

Here is a question for you: If the truck position is only set by the player and doesn't reset on player change does it imbalance it (just a little) for tournaments? It's a small thing.....

I'll just go ahead and give him the benefit of the doubt

#2377 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

Did you not read the book? They were there.

#2378 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

You know the rules....criticize first, ask questions later.

#2379 4 years ago

Personally, I always enjoy Jack's streams. One night, I even watched him walk down the street to a tattoo parlor to get a dead flip tattoo. I don't even like tatts, but there is something engaging about the dead flip streams so I will be watching tonight.
---------------
I completely appreciated the way George Gomez handled the situation with the license issues on this game. People were losing their minds and then George posted a very professional statement on the matter. It was concise and provided insight and, boom, no more issue... I wish Stern would learn from this example. We don't need to know every little thing, but a situation like this one, which was professionally handled makes a big difference in perceptions. And in today's world. Perception is reality - like it or not...

#2380 4 years ago

Where is George's post re licensing please?

#2381 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Goddamn bookers.

#2382 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I don't know if you're referring to me, as you didn't directly reply to me, after you initially stated I was ignorant of streamer's hardships, but after questioning your viewpoints in a fairly thoughtful way, I seem to be at gnat level. (I do find it "funny" you directly reply to someone telling you you're awesome, rather than someone questioning your viewpoints.)
I haven't seen anyone dragging anyone down here, forum user or designer.
Who was being a jerk to Keith? I haven't read any derogatory comments? If anything, he's a diety level here. Frankly, he and all designers should regularly show up. They're trying to sell a game to their core users. It makes sense to show up, and discuss his game design.
I do like Maiden, but I'm also not one to jump to hailing him as the next or current greatest designer. Maybe we get ten years/5 games under his belt, and then set things in stone a bit more?

This is hardly a fair or even rational place for designers to spend much if any of their time. If they want to provide some info that is great. Getting into discussions or responding is a waste of their time and energy. Much like you chasing Aurich about is a waste of your time and energy.

#2383 4 years ago
Quoted from crankypants:

Here is a question for you: If the truck position is only set by the player and doesn't reset on player change does it imbalance it (just a little) for tournaments? It's a small thing, but I was always surprised at how much thought designers put into resetting the playfield state for each player. Not a gripe or complaint, just a thought.

Well I kind of love it because it requires a reasonable investment on the player's part to enact.

1. Keep track of which of those two shots the next player needs the most.
2. Execute the shot to change the truck orientation without draining.

It's not "free". Sure you could argue it's essentially "random" if it doesn't reset between players but it's the same for all players so still fair enough (I assume the game would lack the ability to reset the truck position at all).

#2384 4 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Where is George's post re licensing please?

He posted it on his Facebook page.
Someone in one of these forums took a snapshot of it so it is on Pinside somewhere.

#2385 4 years ago

Friendly reminder:
Watching a stream of someone else playing is nice and can be somewhat revelatory in certain ways (“oh, that’s what that does!”) but it in no way constitutes the true experience of playing in person.

I’m just looking forward to some audio/video to get an idea.

#2386 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

This is hardly a fair or even rational place for designers to spend much if any of their time. If they want to provide some info that is great. Getting into discussions or responding is a waste of their time and energy. Much like you chasing Aurich about is a waste of your time and energy.

I simply replied to his comment, then him me, and I'd hope for a dialog versus being dusted off. I appreciate dialog, challenging viewpoints, etc. As I said, I like Aurich's input, but in the same sense enjoy having a dialog when I might not.

And designers should definitely engage with their core audience. It helps them develop game theories, understand what users want, and ideally befriend the very same people that are buying their games. If I own a restaurant, I'd want and appreciate input from regulars, and quite possibly develop my skills from their encouragement/critiques.

One could say, playing their games is a waste of time. What is a waste of time, or what is to be valued of time spent?

#2387 4 years ago

Deadflip is live

#2388 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Well I kind of love it because it requires a reasonable investment on the player's part to enact.
1. Keep track of which of those two shots the next player needs the most.
2. Execute the shot to change the truck orientation without draining.
It's not "free". Sure you could argue it's essentially "random" if it doesn't reset between players but it's the same for all players so still fair enough (I assume the game would lack the ability to reset the truck position at all).

Okay scratch that. There's no way to strategically leverage changing the truck position and leaving that way for the next player unless you're also willing to end your ball immediately after doing so.

#2389 4 years ago

Okay the display showing the pf with pop up characters and dinos is awesome. Really marries the pf to the display. Genius!

#2390 4 years ago

Do any of the characters in movies show up in video?

#2391 4 years ago
giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#2392 4 years ago

I thought this started at 8est 7cst?

#2393 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's streaming right now. https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

#2394 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Started around 7:55 est

#2395 4 years ago

yep joined at 8 and no intro seemed like they were mid game. I was like did I miss intro?

#2396 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

yep joined at 8 and no intro seemed like they were mid game. I was like did I miss intro?

They just jumped into game play after brief team introduction.

#2397 4 years ago

wow this game looks fantastic

#2398 4 years ago
7ABD6FBB-94A3-494C-89C3-DD4A3CF7A4F1 (resized).jpeg7ABD6FBB-94A3-494C-89C3-DD4A3CF7A4F1 (resized).jpeg
#2399 4 years ago

Haven’t been following this much. Just caught a few minutes of the stream...

holy. F’ing. shirt.

#2400 4 years ago

Watching the stream, this game looks amazing. Like playing a video game with pinball. I'm loving the shots, animation, call outs, and lights shows.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/48?hl=hollywoodbone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.