OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 73.
#2251 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So what about this art do you think look great? The nedry char is just as ugly as he were on the DE-pin. The dinos looks like something from a schoolbook for 10 year olds.
Dont get me started on the helicopter animation on the trailer.

Being honest, I prefer ZombiYeti's art/style more. That stated, the chances JP2 going to a very fun game to play are most likely pretty high. I love the art, rules, and layout on Iron Maiden. Do I like the music on Iron Maiden, not really. Do I love the game... yes, yes I do.

If you let one criteria category completely kill it for you with modern games, you might miss out on a lot of great pinball.

While the art on JP2 may not be as universally popular as some of the past releases, In Elwin We Trust!

Enjoy the stream tonight, 7PM CST. twitch.tv/deadflip

#2252 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I'm curious as to how much art style can really change someones mind on a buy or pass. Would art like this help or hinder your interest in the new JP?[quoted image]

If the game is fun thats what counts. I am not looking at the cabinet while playing and if you have games on either side of it, hard to see it anyway....

#2253 4 years ago

Stream tonight and I can't wait!

#2254 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Looks exactly like a pinball machine should look. It’s a Pinball Machine, not a piece of fine furniture. Not every game has to be an artistic masterpiece - especially not one about dinosaurs.

I dont agree on the art needs to be ugly.

I just find it kind of odd, that pre-release all the threads was about looks and theme, whilst now, every fan says, it´s not really important and gameplay is everything.

I do think the shootlayout looks really nice and K Elwin really seems to know what he´s doing.

#2255 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Being honest, I prefer ZombiYeti's art/style more. That stated, the chances JP2 going to a very fun game to play are most likely pretty high. I love the art, rules, and layout on Iron Maiden. Do I like the music on Iron Maiden, not really. Do I love the game... yes, yes I do.
If you let one criteria category completely kill it for you with modern games, you might miss out on a lot of great pinball.
While the art on JP2 may not be as universally popular as some of the past releases, In Elwin We Trust!
Enjoy the stream tonight, 7PM CST. twitch.tv/deadflip

I´m going to watch for sure, even if it´s well into night time here.

For me (on the art aspect)
I prefer this (even if you could lose the humans)

https://blog.littlewoodsireland.ie/wp-content/ireland/uploads/2018/05/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-dinosaurs.jpg

Over this.....

https://images.pinside.com/5/b5/5b5098c74c6e05c6d4cb6a88f6342c9f6a1c87ec/resized/large/5b5098c74c6e05c6d4cb6a88f6342c9f6a1c87ec.jpeg

#2256 4 years ago

I think the art looks fantastic. There's so much hidden detail I can see in some of the pics I can't wait to see it in person and check out all the stuff.

#2257 4 years ago

I've liked the art just fine since the first pics, feels like Jurassic Park to me. Nedry on the playfield is polarizing perhaps - but I think I like the style. It's a huge improvement over the DE game IMO...

I don't understand the display criticisms though - that chopper animation on the reveal trailer looks great to me, and the goat animation shown elsewhere looks really great too. I'm excited to see more. Custom animations to go with custom (I hope) callouts by Nedry himself could be epic...

#2258 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Reading some posts about whether or not Stern JP LE will go up in value. In my opinion the main issue today with LE's going up in price is the already record high NIB price to begin with combined with high LE counts of 500 +. When Tron LE came out it wasn't $9k. The higher the price of an LE to begin with combined with high LE counts (500+) the less likelihood it will go up in value. With LE counts of 500+ it makes it even harder to go up in value unless the title is considered one of the best pins ever made and it has stellar code support.
Batman LE is a good example of a modern high priced LE going up in value thanks to a low production count, the game receiving high praise (after its code improved) and having incredible code support. The game was $10k at launch but only 240 were made. Personally I think an LE count of 250 or lower is the sweet spot for an LE to go up in value.

For once I have to agree with you Panzer but let us not forget JJP 500 unit run of CE at $12,500

#2259 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I've liked the art just fine since the first pics, feels like Jurassic Park to me. Nedry on the playfield is polarizing perhaps - but I think I like the style. It's a huge improvement over the DE game IMO...
I don't understand the display criticisms though - that chopper animation on the reveal trailer looks great to me, and the goat animation shown elsewhere looks really great too. I'm excited to see more. Custom animations to go with custom (I hope) callouts by Nedry himself could be epic...

Agreed. Just don't get the need to criticize things. There is always tradeoffs when doing a license theme and just things you cannot do even if you wanted to. You cannot have all the actors likeness/voices, you cannot have all the music, you cannot have all the movie clips, and art is always subjective. If the package is anywhere north of "good enough" I say it's a win. I like the focus on dinosaurs instead of characters. Translates to better excitement and action and seems like more freedom to design the game. Wayne Knight also sounds like a win for doing callouts and being part of the game. He has a talent for comedy and great character actor. You could certainly do worse with a theme imo and definitely looking better than the DE game for sure.

#2260 4 years ago

Oh crap, it's that Jack dude doing the stream tonight? Tried watching his Wonka stream and made it through about five minutes of him playing. He never shuts the f##k up! Like, seriously never stops talking. Extremely annoying.

#2261 4 years ago

just a guess... we learn tonight that Pro dino still puts the balls in his mouth!

#2262 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

just a guess... we learn tonight that Pro dino still puts the balls in his mouth!

At least roar, or do something! It's the signature toy... in a $6K game!

#2263 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Oh crap, it's that Jack dude doing the stream tonight? Tried watching his Wonka stream and made it through about five minutes of him playing. He never shuts the f##k up! Like, seriously never stops talking. Extremely annoying.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2264 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

At least roar, or do something! It's the signature toy... in a $6K game!

my thought is that they would have gone with something much cheaper in the Pro model if it did not interact with the ball at all.
I also think is MUST otherwise that is a really big miss
lastly, the mech to grab and hold the ball is easily different from the one that shakes the head back and forth.

fingers crossed for Pro balls in the mouth!

and lots of Jack jokes about it!

the 12 year old in each of us demands it!!!

#2265 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

fingers crossed for Pro balls in the mouth!

Fingers crossed here as well, but the feature matrix omitting any and all hint to it doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.

#2266 4 years ago

Subscribing

#2267 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Oh come on, you know the type....Always the life of the party with a booming voice, rumors of a huge c**k, with always the hottest chicks in tow while you sit in the corner wishing you could...

#2268 4 years ago

Any info on when the gameplay reveal is?

#2269 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Oh come on, you know the type....Always the life of the party with a booming voice, rumors of a huge c**k, with always the hottest chicks in tow while you sit in the corner wishing you could...

Don’t sell him short (edited).

#2270 4 years ago

What?

#2271 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Don’t sell him short, dirtbag is a huge cock.

Your wife spilled the beans, didn't she?

#2272 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So there are 10 actual shots, not including the spinning Jeep:
Edit: you could also say the Dinosaur shot makes the ramp shot actually 2 shots - one ramp and one dinosaur mouth.
[quoted image]

I think you missed one to the left of the raptor pit and one to the left of the jeep (depending on the jeep newton ball's orientation)
Screenshot_20190729-103709_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190729-103709_Chrome (resized).jpg

Edit: I now realise you meant pathways

#2273 4 years ago

Hafta disagree. The hottest chick is the one confident enough to be by herself, maybe in the corner as well.

#2274 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

For once I have to agree with you Panzer but let us not forget JJP 500 unit run of CE at $12,500

You know what, for once I agree with you too lol. 500 CE's at $12.5k is just dumb. JJP is taking the collectibltiy factor out of their games with stupid high LE / CE counts.

#2275 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Your wife spilled the beans, didn't she?

Somebody spilled the bag of dicks, that’s for sure.

#2276 4 years ago

What time is the stream EST?

#2277 4 years ago

STDM first Impressions

#2278 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

let us not forget JJP 500 unit run of CE at $12,500

It’s not a run of 500, but a max of 500. Big difference.

#2279 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It’s not a run of 500, but a max of 500. Big difference.

Can they sell 500 at$12500? Seems like a pretty big ask.

#2280 4 years ago

Is Tendertilt buying this game?

#2281 4 years ago

The T-Rex's jaw looks hinged on the Pro. My bet is that it will open it's mouth and roar, but not interact with the ball in any way.

Love shooting through the pops!

Seems like the T-Rex is long enough that it couldn't drop the ball on the plastic left ramp entrance.

#2282 4 years ago

havent heard/read much about the BOOM button.
IMDN didnt have one.

#2283 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Can they sell 500 at$12500? Seems like a pretty big ask.

No. Selling 500 CEs is a pipe dream.

#2284 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

STDM first Impressions

"Sexually Transmitted Disease M????"

#2285 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

havent heard/read much about the BOOM button.
IMDN didnt have one.

I think that’s for the smart missile

#2286 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

The T-Rex's jaw looks hinged on the Pro.

Unfortunately so did the Death Star on SW Pro.

#2287 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Hafta disagree. The hottest chick is the one confident enough to be by herself, maybe in the corner as well.

Oh I know. I married a corner chick cuz well...I’m a corner dude

Wtf are we even talking about...

#2288 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'm happy someone said it, I hate pin videos with endless talking! There are so many gameplay videos on youtube with people talking through them it is maddening. Like anyone cares about the person doing it, just shut up and play, I want to hear the game!

#2289 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I'm happy someone said it, I hate pin videos with endless talking! There are so many gameplay videos on youtube with people talking through them it is maddening. Like anyone cares about the person doing it, just shut up and play, I want to hear the game!

My only gripe with him is his rather unsettling sleep deprived appearance...distracting really.
I feel like taking him to bed for some rest.

#2290 4 years ago

Dead Flip does great videos, IMO, he does interact with his chatroom enough that it can sometimes be annoying, but you can't exactly build a Twitch streaming/chat community without interacting with your chat room during your streams... He makes a point to have silent sections to enjoy the audio, and goes to the trouble to do direct audio feeds from the machine usually. Does anyone else even do that at all?

I can honestly think of no one else in the community already that could pull off the reveal and stream videos like Jack Danger/Dead Flip. I say keep up the great work good sir!

#2291 4 years ago

I feel like taking him to bed

I think you are on the wrong forum?

#2292 4 years ago

Shatzing the left inlane when a ball is trapped on the up-post would be interesting

#2293 4 years ago

Some of you guys have no idea what Twitch is apparently.

#2294 4 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Some of you guys have no idea what Twitch is apparently.

You might have noticed, but Pinside is full of cranky old men. Cranky old men who get even more cranky when something is offered to them, for free, that they do not have to watch, that isn't catered to their exacting preferences.

"Back in my day the pinball shows were in black and white, and nobody talked, so we could listen to the chimes!"

Jack does a great job, Stern was super smart to partner up with him. He's an engaging host, doing what people on Twitch are supposed to do, chat with the chat. It's an interactive experience. If it bugs you, then ... don't watch it. Use some of that old man experience to exercise a little patience, you don't have to see the video stuff the moment it drops.

Or, since we all know you won't wait, deal with it. I'm sure Jack will be his usual self, and everyone else will have a good time. I know I'm freaking curious and won't be waiting, really want to see how it shoots and what the AV package looks like myself.

#2295 4 years ago

Jack is awesome to watch. Great player, excellent commentary, really helpful streams. He is one of my favorites for sure.

#2296 4 years ago

I love Jack Danger and what he does for pinball. It is amazing that the guy commits himself to stream pinball almost everyday. The amount of dedication is crazy. I do like that Stern uses him now for the stream reveals. I do have one gripe and its really not a big deal but on every one of these reveal streams it seems that half of the attendance does not want to be there. They will bring the whole team in the room to introduce them and who did what for the game but once the gameplay starts going half of the room just looks bored and looks like they want to go home. You then see everyone on their cell phones and what not. Just seems a little unprofessional on Sterns end. Again, I do not care but it does look bad and it sort of blows the excitement away.

#2297 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Jack is awesome to watch. Great player, excellent commentary, really helpful streams. He is one of my favorites for sure.

Also a very good guy to grab a beer with.

#2298 4 years ago

I actually don't mind him interacting with his Twitch followers. Someone makes a comment and he responds to them in real time. No issues whatsoever.

It's when he's playing and, for instance, can't make a shot. We get it, you're trying to make a ramp shot and it's challenging. You don't have to say something EVERY SINGLE TIME you miss the shot!

#2299 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

but on every one of these reveal streams it seems that half of the attendance does not want to be there.

thats just shy programmers

#2300 4 years ago
Quoted from thejacko1010:

thats just shy programmers

That is a very good point. I am sure a lot of the team just does not want to be streamed. Stern took the right step to get Jack to do these. They are still new at this and it will take some time for it to all come together. I look forward to tonight's stream and future ones.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/46?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.