OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 73.
#2201 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Trying to remember the last "garden variety" Stern LE that became a collectors item. Tron maybe?

remember iron maiden le fetching 10k?
le’s are no longer as collectible. most current le’s alway available on second market.

#2202 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

So I just wanted to chime in to say that Johnny did an amazing job on this pin! All packages need to be seen in person to be appreciated.

I'll put a JP LE next to my DP LE, your T-Rex representation is bad ass and incredible.

#2203 4 years ago

Great that Keith Elwin and Zombie Yeti step in to this thread to clarify some things. And a reminder there are real people behind these games we love to dissect and criticize.

#2204 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

remember iron maiden le fetching 10k?
le’s are no longer as collectible. most current le’s alway available on second market.

This is Jurassic Park though. I dont think anyone expects it to sell HOU at 8900 after a year. Maybe a few hundred lost like my AFMR remake would be fine with me. Or keep it! So many new entrants. Scott D game 2. Toy Story, blah blah blah

#2205 4 years ago

The art looks phenomenal, all models, all sides, all translites. Don’t need to see it in person to know I love it.

I’m particularly fond of the raptors premium package just because they were so smart, predatory and all around badass in the movie.

Maybe my ignore list has grown so big that I don’t see it, but aside from a couple inevitable internet-arguments, what a generally great thread and pre-reception to this title. Must have dinos.

#2206 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

We are excited for Monday! Plans on jumping in on this...How tight are the shots compared to Maiden?

I believe a good design offers both easy and tight shots. 2 of the shots in this game vary in difficulty depending on the orientation of the truck. When the truck is facing right the spinner shot gets tighter. When facing left the smart missile shot (pops target) gets tighter.

#2207 4 years ago

Do the pinball manufacturers take their queue from hollywood?

"Let remake the same movie, or in this case, pinball machine over and over again".

Can they not come up with something original that is not attached to a movie or rock band?

I'm sure it will be a fun game but come on how about something original.

#2208 4 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

Do the pinball manufacturers take their queue from hollywood?
"Let remake the same movie, or in this case, pinball machine over and over again".
Can they not come up with something original that is not attached to a movie or rock band?
I'm sure it will be a fun game but come on how about something original.

They get a pass from me for during Jurassic Park. No blue dinosaurs and sexy cowboys. Goats and hoes...

#2209 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

I believe a good design offers both easy and tight shots. 2 of the shots in this game vary in difficulty depending on the orientation of the truck. When the truck is facing right the spinner shot gets tighter. When facing left the smart missile shot (pops target) gets tighter.

The game looks amazing. Can't wait to get it home. Was there any last detail or last feature you added as sort of a "I really want to get this in the game to complete my vision of it?"

#2210 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

- but I assure you I’ll continue to expect hate it’s a great motivator lol

Well then, I hate you.

Too much? I’ll pull it back.

I am very annoyed by you.

Sorry, trying to motivate a great Jaws painting. Love your work man!

#2211 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I actually expect everyone to hate everything I do

Yours are the best looking games I've ever seen!

#2212 4 years ago

Still the best ball capture of all time IMO

#2213 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

2 of the shots in this game vary in difficulty depending on the orientation of the truck.

great implementation to dynamically change the pf.

can the t-rex ramp be made from the upper right flipper?

extending the pf into the shooter lane and the use of verticality through the two half pipe ramps help maximize use of pf space. result: a nice number of shots and of varying distances as well, two big pluses. given the theme, layout, and features on this game, JP should hold its value pretty well in the secondary market making it a good 'investment'. JJPOTC aside, this has not been the case for a number of recent NIB titles.

#2214 4 years ago

Not a big fan of the license, but the layout and shots look interesting. Might have to give JP2 a serious look, especially if the gameplay and software look promising in the next couple months. Don’t see the LE value on this one, so Premium would be the most likely choice.

#2215 4 years ago

Skill Shots?

Any ideas on the skill shots from the plunge? IMDN is loaded with them. Expecting more of same. Shooter lane sends the ball into the right orbit, no? Where does it go from there? Does it follow the orbit wall all the way to the outlet above the Tower ramp? Is there a soft-plunge skill shot somewhere up top? Yeah, I realize the smart thing in this case is to wait for KME to tell us tomorrow, but maybe some of you PF scrutinizers know something we don't.

#2216 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Don’t see the LE value on this one, so Premium would be the most likely choice.

What exactly gives any of the LEs value? They add the same few things on all games(invisiglass, speakers, shakers, numbered plaque, etc) and only real difference is the art and the trim color from game to game, is that really what justifies spending and extra $1.5K among different titles?

#2217 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

What exactly gives any of the LEs value? They add the same few things on all games(invisiglass, speakers, shakers, numbered plaque, etc) and only real difference is the art and the trim color from game to game, is that really what justifies spending and extra $1.5K among different titles?

If you add in the LE options its roughly 5-600 more i think. I like the Gate mirrored backglass/art and its turn key. But i get it. Did the same calculations

#2218 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Skill Shots?
Any ideas on the skill shots from the plunge? IMDN is loaded with them. Expecting more of same. Shooter lane sends the ball into the right orbit, no? Where does it go from there? Does it follow the orbit wall all the way to the outlet above the Tower ramp? Is there a soft-plunge skill shot somewhere up top? Yeah, I realize the smart thing in this case is to wait for KME to tell us tomorrow, but maybe some of you PF scrutinizers know something we don't.

Plunge sends the ball to the flip ramp and to the right flipper.

#2219 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

The vast majority of Stern LE's are just a standard marketing ploy to separate fools from more of their money. It makes people feel better about themselves that they have something more expensive/more "rare" than what other people have. To each, their own.

#2220 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

They can't even guarantee the "limited" number either so that factors in also.

#2221 4 years ago

Thanks, Lapean. I was *way* off!

That suggests skill shots will have to be shots from the right flipper - which, to me, aren't really plunged skill-shots. Metallica's full-plunge skill shot is another example of a skill shot from the flipper rather than from the plunge.

#2222 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Thanks, Lapean. I was *way* off!
That suggests skill shots will have to be shots from the right flipper - which, to me, aren't really plunged skill-shots. Metallica's full-plunge skill shot is another example of a skill shot from the flipper rather than from the plunge.

Looks like if you do a full plunge, it will go up the half-pipe ramp to the left flipper. Might be able to short plunge so it comes back down to either use the right flipper or let it dead bounce to the left flipper then have to hit something. If it's anything like Maiden, there will probably be 5 skill shots.

#2223 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

The only two Stern LEs I thought actually provided any “value” were Star Trek (backglass and cabinet trim and rails) and Batman 66 (art and topper). Batman 66 LEs were actually limited at 240. I don’t consider 500, 600 or 799 “limited”.

IMO the only draw to Stern LEs these days is if you like the art package significantly more than that of the Premium. I’m really looking forward to Elvira 3 and I’m on the list for an LE, but I doubt there will be anything that will make the LE a must-have, just like there is nothing on JP2LE that would even have me consider one.

Unfortunately Stern LEs are kind of a sucker bet these days as they tend to be sold out before anyone can play any version of the game with many distributors having non-refundable policies that make an informed decision almost impossible.

#2224 4 years ago

Stern LEs are kind of ridiculous, but look at JJP... On pirates they sold 1000 games total and the numbers were:

Standard Edition: 150
"Limited Edition": 650
Collector's Edition: 200

There's nothing limited about these games. The most limited version is often the base model.

#2225 4 years ago

This target for skill shot?
29DDC659-1D78-4E3C-9BD7-A6F32082FFA8 (resized).jpeg29DDC659-1D78-4E3C-9BD7-A6F32082FFA8 (resized).jpeg

#2226 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Us! Pinheads! And hopefully extra designs toys code etc.

#2227 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

If one were to sell their JP LE vs Premium one year from now, I would assume that the absolute value of dollars lost on the sale of their LE would be less than on the sale of their Premium? Do you feel this assumption is valid? If so, one would have to be a fool to NOT buy an LE (at least if you’re going to buy a JP and sell it eventually). I don’t mind being wrong if there is a good counter argument here...

#2228 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Stern LEs are kind of ridiculous, but look at JJP... On pirates they sold 1000 games total and the numbers were:
Standard Edition: 150
"Limited Edition": 650
Collector's Edition: 200
There's nothing limited about these games. The most limited version is often the base model.

JJP should really name the line: Standard, Premium, Collector.

#2229 4 years ago

How does the ball comes out of shooter lane?

#2230 4 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

The vast majority of Stern LE's are just a standard marketing ploy to separate fools from more of their money. It makes people feel better about themselves that they have something more expensive/more "rare" than what other people have. To each, their own.

You single out Stern as the company whose LEs are a mere cash grab. Yet with a JJP “collectors” edition, you get maybe one extra game play mech and a topper, along with the things that Stern provides with their LEs (different art, art blades, custom armor, invisiglass, shaker). All for the low low price of an EXTRA $5000 over and above their standard games or a Stern premium.

#2231 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It is shot into the right-most shot lane (below upper flipper), directly into a half pipe ramp that reverses direction of the ball back toward you as it lifts it into the habitrail, where if ends up dropping to the right inlane, to the flipper.

Presumably if you short plunge and don't make the half pipe ramp, the ball will roll back down the lane. How controllable that is, and what shots (if any) you're encouraged to make as a skill shot that differ from the full plunge remains to be seen...

#2232 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Shoots off a short jump ramp into u turn ramp that feeds into the habit trail. So the same right side u turn is reachable from the playfield as a wide night shot... and plunger shoots into that same shot.

Presumably you could short plunge for skill shots as well as times shots from right flipper on full plunge

#2233 4 years ago

They sell the Stern Le’s just a month after the pros..why? Because if premiums were available Le’s would not as guarantee sell quick and cause they are much better then the pro special features/upgrades making people buy for impatience. Stay hungry my friends, the premium is a later run that will be tried, tested and true, at $1400 LESS!

#2234 4 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

If one were to sell their JP LE vs Premium one year from now, I would assume that the absolute value of dollars lost on the sale of their LE would be less than on the sale of their Premium? Do you feel this assumption is valid? If so, one would have to be a fool to NOT buy an LE (at least if you’re going to buy a JP and sell it eventually). I don’t mind being wrong if there is a good counter argument here...

Look at Munsters Le it got smoked, premium does better

#2235 4 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Look at Munsters Le it got smoked, premium does better

In a subjective way.

#2236 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So the same right side u turn is reachable from the playfield as a wide night shot... and plunger shoots into that same shot.

Didn't notice that - if so that is very cool.

#2237 4 years ago

Premium is a relatively good buy (although all tables are priced on the high side), but LE does hold value better in the eye of a collector if the title is big enough. Add up all the extras on the LE and you’ll come out near the $1400 extra paid and that’s not considering the (subjectively speaking) better art package. Lollipop rails, invisiglass, mirrored back glass, better sound system, metallic armor paint, shaker motor, LE inside art blades and that’s not counting the signed certs, with numbered unit. Only 250 LE’s stay here in the USA, so it’s not really 500. Did a cost analysis if you buy these things separately and you’re there price wise and that’s not counting unique art package.

#2238 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

He also appears to like shots that go through the pop bumpers, as both IMDN and now JP have that.

I feel maiden prem/le has a scoop under the ramp. Thoughts?

#2239 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

This thing shoots like butter! And the plunge alone is so satisfying. Keith might actually know what he’s doing!

surely you aint saying that others dont?

#2240 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

So I just wanted to chime in to say that Johnny did an amazing job on this pin! All packages need to be seen in person to be appreciated. Not saying the Stern photo shoots crush detail, but I’m saying they might
And I can also say Keith and his team, as well as Chuck’s team on LCD, are upping the game once again. I wish I worked on this one so I’d have an excuse to own it!
I wasn’t even involved on this project and I’m here giving it my seal of approval. It’s that good! Congrats to creators & players!

I like the art. Normally when I say something is craptastic it’s a bad thing. But in this case maybe we can start a movement to change the meaning of the word. #craptastic

#2241 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Shoots off a short jump ramp into u turn ramp that feeds into the habit trail. So the same right side u turn is reachable from the playfield as a wide night shot... and plunger shoots into that same shot.
Presumably you could short plunge for skill shots as well as times shots from right flipper on full plunge

Yep, that’s really cool. Just checked and there’s actually 4 ramp shots from the lower flippers on this game!!!!!! 4!!!!!

Edit: Not sure about the tower ramp - I think that can only be hit from the right upper flipper.

A0A211C3-98ED-4E12-93E2-6046ED486000 (resized).jpegA0A211C3-98ED-4E12-93E2-6046ED486000 (resized).jpeg

#2242 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'll go one step further and say that I think this artwork isn't great. Doesn't look like a translight artwork. Almost looks fan made. Can't put my finger on it.

Anobody buying this for it´s theme assets or looks, should really consider having their head examed.

#2243 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Anobody buying this for it´s theme assets or looks, should really consider having their head examed.

#2244 4 years ago

So there are 10 actual shots, not including the spinning Jeep:

Edit: you could also say the Dinosaur shot makes the ramp shot actually 2 shots - one ramp and one dinosaur mouth.

C6FE9C2C-8EDE-41CD-9555-A9863009E8C9 (resized).jpegC6FE9C2C-8EDE-41CD-9555-A9863009E8C9 (resized).jpeg

#2245 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If dr-pin and drfrightner had a baby we’d have dr-d*ckhead.
Honestly, both with a thumbs up/down ratio averaging 45%, why are they even here? Get the hint guys?

mildly amusing is the city dr-pin is from.

Trollhätan, ha.

That might be a clue....

#2246 4 years ago

Reading some posts about whether or not Stern JP LE will go up in value. In my opinion the main issue today with LE's going up in price is the already record high NIB price to begin with combined with high LE counts of 500 +. When Tron LE came out it wasn't $9k. The higher the price of an LE to begin with combined with high LE counts (500+) the less likelihood it will go up in value. With LE counts of 500+ it makes it even harder to go up in value unless the title is considered one of the best pins ever made and it has stellar code support.

Batman LE is a good example of a modern high priced LE going up in value thanks to a low production count, the game receiving high praise (after its code improved) and having incredible code support. The game was $10k at launch but only 240 were made. Personally I think an LE count of 250 or lower is the sweet spot for an LE to go up in value.

#2247 4 years ago

Thought you’d enjoy a dinosaur prank video

#2248 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

mildly amusing is the city dr-pin is from.
Trollhätan, ha.
That might be a clue....

So what about this art do you think look great? The nedry char is just as ugly as he were on the DE-pin. The dinos looks like something from a schoolbook for 10 year olds.

Dont get me started on the helicopter animation on the trailer.

#2249 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So what about this art do you think look great? The nedry char is just as ugly as he were on the DE-pin. The dinos looks like something from a schoolbook for 10 year olds.
Dont get me started on the helicopter animation on the trailer.

Looks exactly like a pinball machine should look. It’s a Pinball Machine, not a piece of fine furniture. Not every game has to be an artistic masterpiece - especially not one about dinosaurs.

#2250 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I have full confidence you can manage both

As should you and then hold a pinball party for locals!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/45?hl=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.