OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 73.
#2151 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:I can't stand when people tell others your opinion is wrong and therefore DON"T post.

#2153 4 years ago

Loving this game so far, the only thing I don't like are the "artistic" scratches on the playfield. They look like real scratches in the clear and they make me nervous.

#2154 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Crushing Loops: How Difficult?
When I watched the gameplay trailer, I was relieved to see, in the very first shot of the ball on the PF, a loop shoot like that of IMDN. But when I look closely at the entrance to the orbit on the left side of the PF, just above the inlet to the ramp beneath the tower, it seems tight enough to make multiple consecutive loops *very* difficult. It's stringing together loops in rapid succession that is the most fun. I can foresee the majority of my loop attempts ending up in that ramp inlet instead. The Warp Ramp on ST, by contrast, has a large mouth - and I need every bit of that to string together loops. KME likes to make the shots on his games as hard as he would prefer them himself - which, for the best player in the world, can be exceedingly tight/hard. The shot through the pops to that standup target at the very back of the PF is another one that will demand an elusive degree of precision.[quoted image]

Hope not...will keep and eye on what people are thinking about that on the stream tomorrow. I have my tight shot game already...

#2155 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Loving this game so far, the only thing I don't like are the "artistic" scratches on the playfield. They look like real scratches in the clear and they make me nervous.

What scrathes? You mean the reflexion of the habitrails?

#2156 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

You are thinking Premium on BM66. BM66 LE's and SLE's rarely come up for sale and when they do they disappear quickly at higher than new prices.

There’s not a lot of empirical evidence to support this statement. The Pinside archives show some sold for a little more than NIB...but they are often modded with hundreds off dollars or more worth of stuff. Many for sale were pulled back. I’d guess because asking prices were not being paid.

Kaneda admits he has over $3k in mods on his SLE, and yet can’t sell it at $18k.

#2157 4 years ago

But when I look closely at the entrance to the orbit on the left side of the PF, just above the inlet to the ramp beneath the tower, it seems tight enough to make multiple consecutive loops *very* difficult. It's stringing together loops in rapid succession that is the most fun. I can foresee the majority of my loop attempts ending up in that ramp inlet instead.

That shot is not meant to be loopable but rather loop->ramp combo for which you are awarded a tower combo. You CAN loop it but it whips around pretty fast compared to maiden.

Quoted from ryanwanger:

I'm wondering if Keith is anti-scoop. Two games without one.

Yep! I'd rather keep the speed and momentum going and only stop the ball if needed. An unlit scoop is generally not very satisfying to shoot.

Quoted from pinmister:

T-Rex spitting the ball out randomly on playfield. Looks cringe worthy at times watching the ball hit ramps, etc.

There are 3 T-rex Thrash- throw settings. Random, pops, never. If you are worried about breaking wireforms then set it to off

#2158 4 years ago

Someone make a translite from this!

serveimage (resized).jpgserveimage (resized).jpg
#2159 4 years ago

Back to JP2, this game seems promising. The layout looks fantastic and Keith’s rules for IDMN were terrific. I’m not sure how interesting or captivating the storyline will be without movie assets (besides Nedry) but we’ll see. Actually, I’d probably pick Nedry over anyone else for callouts anyway, because his character is hilarious and this could prove to be excellent.

My point earlier wasn’t that movies assets were better, just that Pinside has been highly critical and intolerant of games that didn’t use them (Avengers to name an obvious example). With a franchise as massive as Jurassic Park, I’m surprised there’s isnt more disappointment or outrage.

But I know full well Jurassic Park 2 can still be an excellent game. Avengers is, cartoon callouts and all. And so is Deadpool, to cite a more recent example.

JP2 is looking good.

#2160 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

That shot is not meant to be loopable but rather loop->ramp combo for which you are awarded a tower combo. You CAN loop it but it whips around pretty fast compared to maiden.

Yep! I'd rather keep the speed and momentum going and only stop the ball if needed. An unlit scoop is generally not very satisfying to shoot.

There are 3 T-rex Thrash- throw settings. Random, pops, never. If you are worried about breaking wireforms then set it to off

Awesome sauce.

#2161 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Back to JP2, this game seems promising. The layout looks fantastic and Keith’s rules for IDMN were terrific. I’m not sure how interesting or captivating the storyline will be without movie assets (besides Nedry) but we’ll see. Actually, I’d probably pick Nedry over anyone else for callouts anyway, because his character is hilarious and this could prove to be excellent.
My point earlier wasn’t that movies assets were better, just that Pinside has been highly critical and intolerant of games that didn’t use them (Avengers to name an obvious example). With a franchise as massive as Jurassic Park, I’m surprised there’s isnt more disappointment or outrage.
But I know full well Jurassic Park 2 can still be an excellent game. Avengers is, cartoon callouts and all. And so is Deadpool, to cite a more recent example.
JP2 is looking good.

Totally agree about the Wayne Knight quotes. Really excited to see if there’s some humor or taunting going on from him

#2162 4 years ago

Jeff Goldblum callouts would have been much better IMO.

#2163 4 years ago

What's the going rate on LE's now?

#2164 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Jeff Goldblum callouts would have been much better IMO.

His low baritone and soft enunciation would have a hard time cutting through the din of a modern pinball sound package. High-pitched wisecrackers like Newman (er, Nedry) make for great call outs. See also: Nolan North as Deadpool.

#2165 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Indeed

That is the point of downvoting... There is a false idea on Pinside that a downvote is the equivalent of flagging a post as inflammatory or something. It isn't. From the Pinside FAQ:

I hope you did not take any of my downvotes the wrong way. Your posts are very well thought out and great IMO. It only means I disagreed.

Thanks for the clarification!

Yeah, I guess when I see the color shift from neutral to green or red, those suggest to me "Keep going! This makes sense!" or "Really? Man, that was daft... What the hell are you thinking??". I guess that's all up to personal interpretation.

For me, I definitely disagree with people, but unless I feel it's a severe, absurd stance, I'm neutral. Whereas I upvote very frequently, if I agree with someone or can appreciate someone's viewpoint, even if I disagree with it, but they articulated it well.

I'd say I probably upvote people about 10 times for every 1 I receive, and maybe downvote 1 out of maybe 40/50 times I upvote.

All very personal, obviously. I just try to be supportive, and be positive for others expressing things.

#2166 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Totally agree about the Wayne Knight quotes. Really excited to see if there’s some humor or taunting going on from him

Exactly. Those games are the best. The JK Simmons call outs for Spider-Man are a great example. At first blush, you think huh, really? But it totally works with the game. He taunts you constantly, and it’s awesome. Way better than Toby McGuire could ever be.

And if I may say so, the movie callouts from the original SM game are way better and more fun than the callouts on SMVE (which are from the cartoon or something? Which few people know, and they’re just not as good as JK Simmons). Of course, I prefer the art on the Vault, because comic art is cool and photoshopped actors are usually boring. One exception for me is LOTR. I actually think the playfield art on that is balanced and well done. The photoshop doesn’t bother me in that one. SW is OK, but they missed an opportunity there, I think.

So Nedry is a very good call (out)!

#2167 4 years ago

...The shot through the pops to that standup target at the very back of the PF is another one that will demand an elusive degree of precision.[quoted image]

as few others pins already, as example (because i know them) NBA & DIALED IN

but even better (as its an inlane and not a target) getting the EXTRA BALL on TRANSPORTER with a right flipper shot
i made it quite often, and believe me, this is more than satisfying

shot (resized).JPGshot (resized).JPG

#2168 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Hope not...will keep and eye on what people are thinking about that on the stream tomorrow. I have my tight shot game already...

Jurassic Park looks like its going to navigate similar to ACNC, but with easier center shots vs. the tight orbits. Should be a lot of fun.

#2169 4 years ago

So Nedry is a very good call (out)!

qTTk4HN.gifqTTk4HN.gif
#2170 4 years ago

I’m maybe getting a Premium JP2 but also have an interest in Deadpool. Wondering if can manage both?

#2171 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m maybe getting a Premium JP2 but also have an interest in Deadpool. Wondering if can manage both?

I have full confidence you can manage both @rai!

#2172 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

I’m a fan of Spike 2 also, without it we’d still have those outdated DMD’s on our new Stern pinball machines

At least they'd be repairable without spending several hundred bucks replacing node boards..

#2173 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Looks great can't wait!
Haven't been this excited for a pin in 65 million years.

#2174 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You can never have enough t-rex in a pinball setup IMO

#2175 4 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Funny. I view this statement with the totally opposit oppinion. I do not like the JJP rainbow excessive light cycling at all. And I do not believe an all-clear inserts approach is good playfield design.
The colours of the inserts, when off, is part of the game design. And a way of communicating game rules to the player. Like "green" being the good old colour for locks.
I say stick to this, and use multi colour inserts for when it makes sense. As a form of requirement, primarily. A substitute for the classic mode indicators (The red arrows on The Shadow). So, go as Star Trek (Stern), please.

Good to hear I am not the only one. I also think the rgb inserts add a lot of confusion where they are just blank. You end up with all kinds of colors flashing all over the playfield. It's pretty to look at but confusing to most people. I don't often get to play a JJP game and when I do have very little idea of what is going on. On most Stern games, I can start to get an idea of how to play after a few games.

#2176 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Thanks for the clarification!
Yeah, I guess when I see the color shift from neutral to green or red, those suggest to me "Keep going! This makes sense!" or "Really? Man, that was daft... What the hell are you thinking??". I guess that's all up to personal interpretation.
For me, I definitely disagree with people, but unless I feel it's a severe, absurd stance, I'm neutral. Whereas I upvote very frequently, if I agree with someone or can appreciate someone's viewpoint, even if I disagree with it, but they articulated it well.
I'd say I probably upvote people about 10 times for every 1 I receive, and maybe downvote 1 out of maybe 40/50 times I upvote.
All very personal, obviously. I just try to be supportive, and be positive for others expressing things.

I wish we had more options for the buttons. A lot of context is lost and I end up using the same downvote to mean "well said sir, but I disagree" as well as "LOLOL NO."

Have a good Sunday and O-Qua Tangin Wann

#2177 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

What scrathes? You mean the reflexion of the habitrails?

Looks like you're correct. My bad.

#2178 4 years ago

Watched all three JP movies on syfy channel this weekend. Dino eats balls. Anybody else starting to want this pin?

#2179 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

I wish we had more options for the buttons. A lot of context is lost and I end up using the same downvote to mean "well said sir, but I disagree" as well as "LOLOL NO."

I wish the downvote would squirt blood.

#2180 4 years ago

JW3 on FX3 has better art and graphics and looks incredibly fun to shoot. But it isn’t real.
8EA198E3-C5EC-4751-8ACA-4EFF86EC216B.jpeg8EA198E3-C5EC-4751-8ACA-4EFF86EC216B.jpeg

#2181 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I wish the downvote would squirt blood.

From the downvoter or the downvotee ?

LTG : )

#2182 4 years ago

Awesome to see Keith chime in and answer questions. He is the only Stern designer on Pinside that posts. Great stuff. Thanks Keith for your attention to detail and I can’t wait to play this thing at Pinburgh.

#2183 4 years ago

I'm curious as to how much art style can really change someones mind on a buy or pass. Would art like this help or hinder your interest in the new JP?

Stern JP cabinet 4 (resized).jpgStern JP cabinet 4 (resized).jpg
#2184 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Awesome to see Keith chime in and answer questions. He is the only Stern designer on Pinside that posts. Great stuff. Thanks Keith for your attention to detail and I can’t wait to play this thing at Pittsburgh.

Not a designer but Dwight posted recently as well. Awesome to see both of them contributing around here.

#2185 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I'm curious as to how much art style can really change someones mind on a buy or pass. Would art like this help or hinder your interest in the new JP?[quoted image]

I think you've illustrated something I was thinking earlier. The art style or quality is one thing, I feel it's pretty solid, but the overall presentation is so vibrant and earth tone rich. Which is fantastic, but there's no darkness, no contrast to the images.

What you've posted here, I like because of the color palette, use of darks.

Light is a fun adventure, dark is pissing your pants in the rain while that toilet gets munched!

#2186 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I'm curious as to how much art style can really change someones mind on a buy or pass. Would art like this help or hinder your interest in the new JP?[quoted image]

This looks great!

#2187 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Make it happen.

#2188 4 years ago
Quoted from melappels:

Someone make a translite from this![quoted image]

5FE7547C-1B38-4762-BA1E-C8AAC12060E5 (resized).jpeg5FE7547C-1B38-4762-BA1E-C8AAC12060E5 (resized).jpeg
#2189 4 years ago
Quoted from melappels:

Someone make a translite from this![quoted image]

DFB4A049-DD4C-4BB3-B71C-5496E15523B5 (resized).jpegDFB4A049-DD4C-4BB3-B71C-5496E15523B5 (resized).jpeg
#2190 4 years ago

So I just wanted to chime in to say that Johnny did an amazing job on this pin! All packages need to be seen in person to be appreciated. Not saying the Stern photo shoots crush detail, but I’m saying they might

And I can also say Keith and his team, as well as Chuck’s team on LCD, are upping the game once again. I wish I worked on this one so I’d have an excuse to own it!

I wasn’t even involved on this project and I’m here giving it my seal of approval. It’s that good! Congrats to creators & players!

#2191 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

So I just wanted to chime in to say that Johnny did an amazing job on this pin! All packages need to be seen in person to be appreciated. Not saying the Stern photo shoots crush detail, but I’m saying they might
And I can also say Keith and his team, as well as Chuck’s team on LCD, are upping the game once again. I wish I worked on this one so I’d have an excuse to own it!
I wasn’t even involved on this project and I’m here giving it my seal of approval. It’s that good! Congrats to creators & players!

The pins always look better in person than in pics. Can’t wait to see and play one soon

#2192 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I like your work and Chris’s work too, but you’re right the art packages done by Johnny are spot on, giving the feeling of the franchise movies for sure. Especially love the jungle look of the LE art package! Don’t care for overly dark art work and don’t want it in my home. Johnny has balanced the lighting and excitement of the three tables to convey a Jurassic Park World.

#2193 4 years ago

Art is VERY subjective and CAN'T be liked by everyone. Without a doubt.

#2194 4 years ago

Johnny Crap on Instagram, about his artwork job on JP2 :

#2195 4 years ago

I’d probably pick Nedry over anyone else for callouts anyway, because his character is hilarious and this could prove to be excellent.
JP2 is looking good.

I agree. That actor is funny. I also think he'd bring better callouts than even Jeff Goldblum.

#2196 4 years ago

All models shine but the menacing red sky vibe on premium really screams JP to me.

#2197 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Art is VERY subjective and CAN'T be liked by everyone. Without a doubt.

Art is absolutely subjective! But art and design are different. Photoshopping assets is mostly just ‘design’. Creating assets from scratch is mostly ‘art’.... pinball schedules don’t really lend themselves to creating pure ‘art’ - but Greg and George try to allow folks like myself as much leeway as we can get.

I actually expect everyone to hate everything I do as a result, so I choose projects that challenge me to grow in my arsenal of skills so it won’t be a lost cause in the end...

My only real solace tho - is the fact that I spend a tremendous amount of time and effort so I can hang my head high regardless.

Johnny is the same type of guy - and he worked his ass off on this one. He made the best decisions in the scope of the project and I’m proud of him coming into the fray and running with it. Just wait till you are playing this in person to pass judgement

#2198 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Art is absolutely subjective! But art and design are different. Photoshopping assets is mostly just ‘design’. Creating assets from scratch is mostly ‘art’.... pinball schedules don’t really lend themselves to creating pure ‘art’ - but Greg and George try to allow folks like myself much leeway as we can get.
I actually expect everyone to hate everything I do as a result, so I choose projects that challenge me to grow in my arsenal of skills so it won’t be a lost cause in the end...
My only real solace tho - is the fact that I spend a tremendous amount of time and effort so I can hang my head high regardless.
Johnny is the same type of guy - and he worked his ass off on this one. He made the best decisions in the scope of the project and I’m proud of him coming into the fray and running with it. Just wait till you are playing this in person to pass judgement

We are excited for Monday! Plans on jumping in on this...How tight are the shots compared to Maiden?

#2199 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I actually expect everyone to hate everything I do as a result...

I don’t think anyone on here hates what you do. Your work sells more pins. Iron Maiden and Dead Pool are both fantastic.

#2200 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

We are excited for Monday! Plans on jumping in on this...How tight are the shots compared to Maiden?

This thing shoots like butter! And the plunge alone is so satisfying. Keith might actually know what he’s doing!

Quoted from pickleric:

I don’t think anyone on here hates what you do. Your work sells more pins. Iron Maiden and Dead Pool are both fantastic.

I appreciate that - but I assure you I’ll continue to expect hate it’s a great motivator lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/44?hl=phoenixpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.