OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 73.
#2101 4 years ago

Had a chance to finally look at some of the promo on this...looks like it will be a fun game. I'm out for now, as still in honeymoon phase w my TWDLE that just arrived. Hopefully good times for those that are going to grab one!!!

#2102 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Had a chance to finally look at some of the promo on this...looks like it will be a fun game. I'm out for now, as still in honeymoon phase w my TWDLE that just arrived. Hopefully good times for those that are going to grab one!!!

407F66AE-95E0-4F07-AFD0-3A8E676853F5.gif407F66AE-95E0-4F07-AFD0-3A8E676853F5.gif
#2103 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

[quoted image]

Too funny....is the mistake TWDLE, or not going for one of these...

#2104 4 years ago

No mistake if you wait and see. These will being made for a long time.

Might miss out on the fun new pin experience but might miss out on some initial frustration while waiting for code.

#2105 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Local distributor updated their site and gave Aussie timelines for the game .... just in time for Christmas
[quoted image]

Which distributer?

#2106 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

So you're an unpaid shill? Good Lord, find yourself another hobby.

No. He’s Batman. It’s not about being a shill so much as feeling the need to protect Stern from any comments that might hurt their feelings.
Commissioner Gomez sends out the bat signal whenever Hazoff is needed.

I agree everyone has a right to opinion, just remember that if you criticize Stern, there is a good chance Hazzoff will call you a douchebag..

#2107 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

It's part of that "lifestyle brand" crap they are trying to pull off. Tapping into markets outside the traditional pinhead crowd.

The self-proclaimed 'global lifestyle brand' thing might deserve a topic of its own if it hasn't one already. When I think of global lifestyle brands, I think of a brand like Ikea. I would like to mention Apple, Microsoft, Google, Mc Donald's, and maybe Heineken as well, but apparently, none of these qualify as 'lifestyle' brands. Still, isn't a global lifestyle brand a brand that people on the street will recognize instantly? I can see that happen with Ikea. Show people the colors blue and yellow and many will associate these instantly with Ikea. Can't see that happen if I would show the colors of the Stern logo, or even a photo of a Stern game, to random people in the street and ask if they know which brand it belongs to. So should this 'global lifestyle brand' thing be qualified as wishful thinking? Or something else? Calling yourself a global lifestyle brand doesn't mean you're actually one, right?

#2108 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Lol dude. BKSoR is a lot closer to BM66 in the ratings (27 to 20) than BM66 is to LOTR (which is #5 with over 5 times as many people rating the game).
You were railing on me earlier for “my opinion”, and now you’re ragging Hazoff about “consensus”.

I really dont understand what you are even talking about.
I dont like bk3 and I was just razzing another local pinsider.
Also, I love someone who starts quoting pinside ratings. You seem like youd be really fun to hang out with.

#2109 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Also, I love someone who starts quoting pinside ratings. You seem like youd be really fun to hang out with.

Edit: I remember you now. Your thread ban(s) are over obviously. Welcome back..

#2110 4 years ago

I want to argue too

Can’t decide what my disagreement should be though.

Also not sure who I want to argue with.

Might start a poll

#2111 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

that guy creeps me out

I’m a little behind on post but Cary is a good guy! And he really does contribute a lot of time and effort to the community. We wouldn’t have taken him on if we didn’t feel he knew his shit and was entertaining! Guy is in no way creepy and super personable and one of the most easy to get along with pinheads Iv met!

#2112 4 years ago

Kind of miss my DE JP that I sold a few years ago. Thought about getting another one. But I'm out of room.

Have a deposit on a JJP Willy Wonka LE. So the last thing I need is another pin.

Just bought a Jurassic Park LE.

You only live once!

#2113 4 years ago

Is BK3 really rated the 27th best pinball game ever made?
It’s sorta fun and all but that’s ridiculous.

#2114 4 years ago
Quoted from pinb1:

I believe it too.
There's a set $$$ budget for each game design. If a designer such as Steve can bring a game to market under budget, I'm sure Stern kicks him (as well as other long time designers) a bonus. How else can you explain such a disasterous playfield design on the latest Black Knight, after designing Mega Hits with Williams Black Knight and BK2000. All the code updates and moving posts won't save the current Black Knight, it has no lasting player appeal.

All aspects are built into the price, including risk. The risk is higher with lesser known IP such as Black Knight, then say Jurassic Park. I'm guessing that Stern knows that they are going to sell less volume with Black Knight, so likely require a higher profit margins (I.e lower BOM). That way a game that sells less volume and risk is higher, it can still be profitable.

I am guessing that as Stern is aware Jurassic Park can sell higher volume, so they can take more risk by having a lower margin per sale (I.e higher BOM). The more loaded machine on JP also helps to drive volume.

...just my guess what happened

#2115 4 years ago
Quoted from pinb1:

I believe it too.
There's a set $$$ budget for each game design. If a designer such as Steve can bring a game to market under budget, I'm sure Stern kicks him (as well as other long time designers) a bonus. How else can you explain such a disasterous playfield design on the latest Black Knight, after designing Mega Hits with Williams Black Knight and BK2000. All the code updates and moving posts won't save the current Black Knight, it has no lasting player appeal.

Well, it's not a disastrous playfield, Ritchie doesn't get bonuses for cheapening his games, code updates have been great, and it will have lasting appeal.

Other than that, you're batting 1000.

#2116 4 years ago

Not that its smart to “jump in”
I called two distributors before i found one that would let me secure an LE. Selling out.

#2117 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I want to argue too
Might start a poll

E897E3AA-DADA-4C3F-AAD8-D95224A7D786 (resized).jpegE897E3AA-DADA-4C3F-AAD8-D95224A7D786 (resized).jpeg
#2118 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Too funny....is the mistake TWDLE, or not going for one of these...

Just having fun MK . Twd is definitely not a mistake. Just stirring the pot because you’re not jumping on the hype train. What’s this play before you buy business? And buying 5 year old games that are proven classics. All big mistakes. You must order the LE now.

#2119 4 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Yeah those JP photos went out to everyone.

We are talking the other ign stories in the past where ign was part of the launch... not as you were this time with JP.

#2120 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

so the Australian LE is 9436 USD, how much more is it after tax?

If it is advertised like that it normally includes tax (GST).

It doesn't include in country shipping so that's more again (distributor is about ~1000km away).

#2121 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Which distributer?

AMD Sydney

#2122 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

(distributor is about ~1000km away).

You can pick one up from zax Amusements Port Melbourne

#2123 4 years ago

Just woke up. Dreamt about Jurassic Park all night.

#2124 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Just woke up. Dreamt about Jurassic Park all night.

I dreamt I was homeless & living with a mean old Asian lady with an agressive dog.

Weird. My wife is Irish & I'm allergic to pets.

F'n edibles. Never again.

#2125 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I dreamt I was homeless & living with a mean old Asian lady with an agressive dog.

Edibles aren’t too kind on me either.

#2126 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just having fun MK . Twd is definitely not a mistake. Just stirring the pot because you’re not jumping on the hype train. What’s this play before you buy business? And buying 5 year old games that are proven classics. All big mistakes. You must order the LE now.

Lol....Yea, I gotta get this common sense thing out of my head..I might be slipping...Gonna look at that LE again..

#2127 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I want to argue too
Might start a poll

PW79, the voice of reason.

What kind of upside down am I stuck in here?

E39447A1-C7B1-4B89-A30B-CFB15B88F894.gifE39447A1-C7B1-4B89-A30B-CFB15B88F894.gif
#2128 4 years ago

I’m thinking that an LE will be sought after over time, because this is going to be a special game and no way can you get, the special art blades, metallic hunter green armor, LE art package (is nice in my opinion), mirrored back glass, high definition glass, better sound system (which I always upgrade, but won’t upgrade the LE), shaker motor, only 500 worldwide, which makes it a true LE (250 for USA and 250 rest of the world). JP is universal in appeal. Dinosaurs span all cultures and people. So think I’m in on the LE. On lesser IP’s, Premium is the better buy I think. LE’s will sell out quick.

#2129 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I’m thinking that an LE will be sought after over time, because this is going to be a special game and no way can you get, the special art blades, metallic hunter green armor, LE art package (is nice in my opinion), mirrored back glass, high definition glass, better sound system (which I always upgrade, but won’t upgrade the LE), shaker motor, only 500 worldwide, which makes it a true LE (250 for USA and 250 rest of the world). JP is universal in appeal. Dinosaurs span all cultures and people. So think I’m in on the LE. On lesser IP’s, Premium is the better buy I think. LE’s will sell out quick.

Trying to remember the last "garden variety" Stern LE that became a collectors item. Tron maybe?

#2130 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Trying to remember the last "garden variety" Stern LE that became a collectors item. Tron maybe?

Batman 66, but not "garden variety". The rest have not gone up in value. If you LOVE the theme, go ahead and get one, but don't expect it to go up in value.

#2131 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

PW79, the voice of reason.
What kind of upside down am I stuck in here?[quoted image]

Best clip in awhile on here...Can't stop laughing!!! Cat has T-Rex by the throat, goes for killer head shots at lightning speed...T-Rex presses forward...Great stuff..

#2132 4 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

This looks great. Love it. BUT I just wish stern would also use full RGB lights. You can do such great Lightshows with it like on Alien, Dialed in and WOZ.

Funny. I view this statement with the totally opposit oppinion. I do not like the JJP rainbow excessive light cycling at all. And I do not believe an all-clear inserts approach is good playfield design.

The colours of the inserts, when off, is part of the game design. And a way of communicating game rules to the player. Like "green" being the good old colour for locks.

I say stick to this, and use multi colour inserts for when it makes sense. As a form of requirement, primarily. A substitute for the classic mode indicators (The red arrows on The Shadow). So, go as Star Trek (Stern), please.

#2133 4 years ago

Tron and AcDc LE went up that’s it. I’m not really thinking BM66 went up at all. Weren’t they like $10k new? I’ve seen the BM66 for sale at $8900.

STLE has not gone down a lot but not gone up at all.

#2134 4 years ago

For me the only must have " thing " for these games is the shaker motor everything else can be added later the shaker motor is the only accessory that will actually enhance gameplay

#2135 4 years ago

This nearly made me cancel my DP premium order.

But think I will stay on course for DP. I will wait to see how this one pans.

Does anybody else think the shots may be a bit tight?

#2136 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

This nearly made me cancel my DP premium order.
But think I will stay on course for DP. I will wait to see how this one pans.
Does anybody else think the shots may be a bit tight?

Hopefully not. Love Maiden no bad shots on that pin.

#2137 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Tron and AcDc LE went up that’s it. I’m not really thinking BM66 went up at all. Weren’t they like $10k new? I’ve seen the BM66 for sale at $8900.

You are thinking Premium on BM66. BM66 LE's and SLE's rarely come up for sale and when they do they disappear quickly at higher than new prices.

#2138 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

And yet you’ve rated 54 machines on Pinside. Don’t you have anything better to do?

You said that my saying BM66 can’t hold LoTRs jock “was just my opinion.” An opinion shared by over 1,000 other Pinsiders and probably 100,000 pinheads worldwide. The numbers really don’t lie in this case.

Just like BKSoR. You then say the “consensus” (not opinions?) is that the game sucks - based on what? Anecdotal evidence by a bunch of Pinside haters? Pinside says that BKSoR is pretty decent (ranked 27th). Almost as decent as BM66.

No, I don’t care about ratings, but they seem to bear out your hypocrisy in this particular matter quite well, and took all of 1 minute to verify. So why not?

#2139 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Hey, I had that dream too, last night!

#2140 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

The question is not "should I buy it", or "do I have enough money", rather it is "Will my wife let me".
P.S have a budgerigar (the talking bird) that is learning to talk and I am just trying to teach it to say "new pinball", So that I am not only one pushing for a new pin[quoted image]

Please post a video when the bird begins its talking. Awesome.

My bird would say". Mike loves you the most".

#2141 4 years ago

Crushing Loops: How Difficult?

When I watched the gameplay trailer, I was relieved to see, in the very first shot of the ball on the PF, a loop shoot like that of IMDN. But when I look closely at the entrance to the orbit on the left side of the PF, just above the inlet to the ramp beneath the tower, it seems tight enough to make multiple consecutive loops *very* difficult. It's stringing together loops in rapid succession that is the most fun. I can foresee the majority of my loop attempts ending up in that ramp inlet instead. The Warp Ramp on ST, by contrast, has a large mouth - and I need every bit of that to string together loops. KME likes to make the shots on his games as hard as he would prefer them himself - which, for the best player in the world, can be exceedingly tight/hard. The shot through the pops to that standup target at the very back of the PF is another one that will demand an elusive degree of precision.

JP.mid.PF.left (resized).jpgJP.mid.PF.left (resized).jpg
#2142 4 years ago

And yet you’ve rated 54 machines on Pinside. Don’t you have anything better to do?
You said that my saying BM66 can’t hold LoTRs jock “was just my opinion.” An opinion shared by over 1,000 other Pinsiders and probably 100,000 pinheads worldwide. The numbers really don’t lie in this case.
Just like BKSoR. You then say the “consensus” (not opinions?) is that the game sucks - based on what? Anecdotal evidence by a bunch of Pinside haters? Pinside says that BKSoR is pretty decent (ranked 27th). Almost as decent as BM66.
No, I don’t care about ratings, but they seem to bear out your hypocrisy in this particular matter quite well, and took all of 1 minute to verify. So why not?

Holy shit dude. Grow up. I actually dont really like Batman 66(which I really want to love)and I'm not in love with lotr either(mostly because of the theme). Not sure why you keep bringing them up.
I probably disagreed with several of the other nonsensical, non thread related things spewing forth from your posts.
Your posts are ignorant, aggressive attacks on anyone whom you dont feel shares your exact views.
Can we discuss JP now without your off topic hate speak?

#2143 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I'm wondering if Keith is anti-scoop. Two games without one. The vast majority of their modern games have one. (The Premium/LE of IMDN does have one, but it's hidden and only revealed when it does something, rather than most games which let the ball just fall into one, even when it awards nothing).
I'd also guess that Keith is against plunging into the pops, which seems to be standard on the vast majority of games, but absent on both of his designs.
Maybe it's coincidence, or maybe it's intentional. Either way - I approve!

He also appears to like shots that go through the pop bumpers, as both IMDN and now JP have that.

#2144 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Crushing Loops: How Difficult?
When I watched the gameplay trailer, I was relieved to see, in the very first shot of the ball on the PF, a loop shoot like that of IMDN. But when I look closely at the entrance to the orbit on the left side of the PF, just above the inlet to the ramp beneath the tower, it seems tight enough to make multiple consecutive loops *very* difficult. It's stringing together loops in rapid succession that is the most fun. I can foresee the majority of my loop attempts ending up in that ramp inlet instead. The Warp Ramp on ST, by contrast, has a large mouth - and I need every bit of that to string together loops. KME likes to make the shots on his games as hard as he would prefer them himself - which, for the best player in the world, can be exceedingly tight/hard. The shot through the pops to that standup target at the very back of the PF is another one that will demand an elusive degree of precision.[quoted image]

The ramp shot definitely looks far easier to hit from the side there, with the long lead-in wall on the left side of it - the loop will be significantly tighter. Here's hoping it's still loop-able for us here mortals.

I struggle to hit the small upper right-loop on IMDN - I've probably chained together a max of 4 loops on that one, and only a couple times ever. Even getting 2 on a row is fairly rare for me...

#2145 4 years ago

The ball eating T-Rex is what Smaug on the Hobbit could have been - great how it is, but man that Dino is cool

#2146 4 years ago

Your opinion isn’t the discussion; haven’t you been reading?

I keed, I keed.

#2147 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Like everything in pinball, it's about passion, not making money.

socialist BS

#2148 4 years ago

I'm going to watch the first one again tomorrow afternoon!

#2149 4 years ago
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#2150 4 years ago

Ok these guys are obviously awaiting the arrival of the pin, decades later.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/43?hl=stuieb84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.