OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 73.
#2051 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Looks like you can obviously short plunge, and dribble out the right side lane. I'm hoping KMFE has planned a few skill shots again like IMDN, that require that by not going through the inlane, maybe. I like having different benefits and rewards to choose from for the skillshot there, but the guaranteed ball to the flipper full plunge is unusual for a Stern, iirc.

What would be fun is if the skillshot is to plunge to control on the LEFT flipper, without the inlane, and then hit something. Have to arc it just right that you can get a trap, without using the right flipper.

#2052 4 years ago

I can only imagine the downvotes, but here goes..

I think this game looks awesome, but the main dino on the Premium translite/backglass looks off to me. Something is weird with the angle/shading/position of his nose...the proportions don't look anatomically correct.

It's the angle of his head. The right side looks flat and smooshed.

Anybody seeing this?

pZOq3UW[1] (resized).jpgpZOq3UW[1] (resized).jpg
#2053 4 years ago

It's hard to tell because you're not looking at it straight on.

#2054 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

I think this game looks awesome, but the main dino on the Premium translite/backglass looks off to me. Something is weird with the angle/shading/position of his nose...the proportions don't look anatomically correct.
Anybody seeing this?[quoted image]

Looks fine to me.

#2055 4 years ago

I think this game looks awesome, but the main dino on the Premium translite/backglass looks off to me... [quoted image]

The more I look at it, the more I like it. Anything that might be "off" seems stylized to me for extra viciousness and impact.

#2056 4 years ago

To me it looks like the lower jaw is dropped down and pointing straight at you, while the upper part of the head is very slightly looking over your right shoulder like he's just starting to take a big chomp to the side. Kind of like it's right at the moment it's lunging it's head to the side for a bite.

#2057 4 years ago

Looks to me like you have to look really hard to see something to look at...game must be great

#2058 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Looks to me like you have to look really hard to see something to look at...game must be great

It looks to be great! Couple little things will keep me locked in Monday.

Sound (not a constant repeat of that very special to me theme song)

Shots, animations, usual stuff

#2059 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

You think that's bad, look at poor Axl. Explains the voice though.
[quoted image]

I think we need a "funniest screw location thread"

#2060 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It appears to have 180 degree loop ramps on the left and right sides of the playfield instead of scoops.
It is basically a 4 ramp game.

And having 4 ramps is way better than a standard layout with 2 ramps and a scoop/saucer/pothole.

#2061 4 years ago

How a new game release goes on pinside. Pics and video come out and suddenly the game is the greatest game ever built and if you don’t think so you aren’t a real pinball person. Next game streams half of pinside go wow I’m out not the right assets, cheap toys they should do more, game play not what I thought and on and on. The other half of pinside I’m still in still the greatest game ever! Next people start getting games and suddenly the code is bs and half of pinside erupts and now become experts in coding games and has a thousand ideas on how to make it better. Then people start dumping games because code doesn’t come fast enough and half of pinside say they will never own the game it’s complete junk. Then the claim they will wait in til the next release so they can again start the whole process over again. Moral of the story if you love the theme buy it. If you are unsure play it somewhere for yourself then decide. Until then nothing else matters.

#2062 4 years ago

Head is turned ... look at his eyes... definitely turned.

Looks fine to me.

#2063 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

boring af and not balanced? Horseshit, and I'll never stop praising that game. Makes zero difference to me if its held in high regard or hated with extreme ethusiam, in fact I prefer the ladder. Good day to u sir, I said good day.

For someone who says they don't care what people think about Sterns, you sure do seem to get upset with people anytime they criticize one.

Making a post on pinside criticizing Stern is like blowing a dog whistle. You come running every time. Do you spend all day sifting through every Pinside thread looking for negative Stern comments? It's like you're Batman trying to protect the people of Stern from those evil pinside villains.

#2064 4 years ago

but the main dino on the Premium translite/backglass looks off to me.

His hands/paws/claws look creepy to me sticking up from the bottom of the glass like that, but that's probably just me.

#2065 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

For someone who says they don't care what people think about Sterns, you sure do seem to get upset with people anytime they criticize one.

Making a post on pinside criticizing Stern is like blowing a dog whistle. You come running every time. Do you spend all day sifting through every Pinside thread looking for negative Stern comments? It's like you're Batman trying to protect the people of Stern from those evil pinside villains.

I don't care but this is a site where we discuss pinball, each others opinions and make comments so when a pinsider makes a comment I disagree with yeah I'm gonna rebut. That doesn't mean I have a major concern for Stern bashing its just what I enjoy to do, I'm doing it right now with a big somewhat evil grin on my face, I implore u to find me in any of the other manufacture threads recently and find anything because u won't so I'm not sifting I have my sub forums down to Stern and All and batch edit everyday to drain the riff raff. What I think ur saying is u dislike the fact that I defend Stern Pinball Why? and bashing should be allowed without any repercusion what so ever, well not on my watch. Good day sir.

#2066 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Lol ...

Hey Wildbill! It is good to see you in the thread brother.

Thanks man... I’m leaning towards the premium but I’m very interested and can’t wait to see how the pro plays on Monday.

#2067 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballRockDude:

How a new game release goes on pinside. Pics and video come out and suddenly the game is the greatest game ever built and if you don’t think so you aren’t a real pinball person.

Did you see the baby before you threw that bath water out?

#2068 4 years ago

Local distributor updated their site and gave Aussie timelines for the game .... just in time for Christmas

74E9C6B1-0D15-4CC5-BE7C-CD84ECA1AF8C (resized).jpeg74E9C6B1-0D15-4CC5-BE7C-CD84ECA1AF8C (resized).jpeg

#2069 4 years ago

Which artwork package do you think looks best? Which the worst?

#2070 4 years ago

What the hell is wrong with me... Woke up this morning and first thought was "I need to buy an LE".

I guess it's happening!

#2071 4 years ago

Yeah those JP photos went out to everyone.

Quoted from flynnibus:

So you're saying IGN wasn't a launch partner of Stern for recent games and it's all happy coincidence IGN has the exclusive photos and launch timing?
Remember.. we're not talking about origin story of how you two came together - but the content.

#2072 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think the LE backglass with the Premium cabinet art in my favourite, but I think all of the cabinets are great. I haven't seen the backbox decals to know which of them I like the best, but most have a colour scheme that works with the cabinet so it'd be hard to mix and match.

#2073 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I like the premium art package best.

#2074 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I like the premium art package best.

That’s how I feel too. They made a killer premium package this time around. But you can’t go wrong regardless.

#2075 4 years ago

You know, I am *very* excited about just about everything to do with this game, but you have a point...

The Premium translite has the least impressive art of any part of any version - which is a bummer. There's no denying that the foreshortening of the dino' on the left is - well, not great. But you know, the colors on the PF just pop like crazy. Add those great LE artblades to your Premium (or PRO) and you've got some standout art for sure. Heck, I bet a PRO translite would look great in a Premium head. Johnny Crap's webpage had me thinking his style was a lot more amateurish ("high school," perhaps?), but for the majority of these art packages he raised his game. Overall, I'll call him a welcome addition to the art department at Stern. Go, Crap!

#2076 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Local distributor updated their site and gave Aussie timelines for the game .... just in time for Christmas
[quoted image]

so the Australian LE is 9436 USD, how much more is it after tax?

#2077 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Not me, I write in Canadian. It's like American but we use more o's in our words and we have 73 different words for maple syrup

Would love to hear them all on ...

48B7D9BB-1BE4-4288-8186-760EB5524E5F (resized).jpeg48B7D9BB-1BE4-4288-8186-760EB5524E5F (resized).jpeg
#2078 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

and bashing should be allowed without any repercusion what so ever, well not on my watch

Is Stern paying you to be their bodyguard?

#2079 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Is Stern paying you to be their bodyguard?

No but I'm certainly open to offers. Oh how I love it when the haters hate me, its a real joy.

#2080 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No but I'm certainly open to offers. Oh how I love it when the haters hate me, its a real joy.

So you're an unpaid shill? Good Lord, find yourself another hobby.

#2081 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Oh, and try not to confuse hate with pity.

#2082 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:So you're an unpaid shill? Good Lord, find yourself another hobby.

Not unpaid, my payment is irritating pretentious pinball douchebags and JJP fanboys and its not really a hobby for me, If it all disappeared tomorow then ok.

#2083 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Not unpaid, my payment is irritating pretentious pinball douchebags and JJP fanboys and its not really a hobby for me, If it all disappeared tomorow then ok.

Get help.

#2084 4 years ago

Nope, and I'm not going anywhere. Now u are on my radar sir, the fun has just begun.

#2085 4 years ago

I'll go one step further and say that I think this artwork isn't great. Doesn't look like a translight artwork. Almost looks fan made. Can't put my finger on it.

#2086 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Nope, and I'm not going anywhere. Now u are on my radar sir, the fun has just begun.

How old are you?

#2087 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

so the Australian LE is 9436 USD, how much more is it after tax?

That includes 10% tax (and freight and duty coming into Australia, but not local freight). So it’s about $8500usd ex tax. Been the same for the last few releases.

We don’t get a “street” price here because there’s only one distributor, but their prices have always been in line with the Stern RRP, even with the overseas freight and landing charges.

#2088 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

How old are you?

How old r u? I'm betting old.

#2089 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Oh how I love it when the haters hate me, its a real joy.

Quoted from Hazoff:

my payment is irritating pretentious pinball douchebags

Right now I'm feeling kinda smug about all of those times you have downvoted me or retaliated against me, recently and in the past.
-Cheers!

#2090 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'll go one step further and say that I think this artwork isn't great. Doesn't look like a translight artwork. Almost looks fan made. Can't put my finger on it.

Its hard to tell sometimes with pinball art until u get it in a dark room, I'm not blown away with this like Maiden or DPool but it could all come together, I'm liking the Pro art right now and on the PF hating that Newman pic but until I see it in person its tough to pass judgment. Gameplay will be the decider as it should. Looking forward to Monday night.

#2091 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Right now I'm feeling kinda smug about all of those times you have downvoted me or retaliated against me recently and in the past. Cheers!

Oh, well thank you very much.

#2092 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

How old r u? I'm betting old.

Downvotes are happening fast, Ok I'm betting young.

#2093 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

At Flix Brew house.
Again, this movie has a Hella following.[quoted image]

There’s a movie?

#2094 4 years ago

I believe it too.
There's a set $$$ budget for each game design. If a designer such as Steve can bring a game to market under budget, I'm sure Stern kicks him (as well as other long time designers) a bonus. How else can you explain such a disasterous playfield design on the latest Black Knight, after designing Mega Hits with Williams Black Knight and BK2000. All the code updates and moving posts won't save the current Black Knight, it has no lasting player appeal.

#2095 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't care but this is a site where we discuss pinball, each others opinions and make comments so when a pinsider makes a comment I disagree with yeah I'm gonna rebut. That doesn't mean I have a major concern for Stern bashing its just what I enjoy to do, I'm doing it right now with a big somewhat evil grin on my face, I implore u to find me in any of the other manufacture threads recently and find anything because u won't so I'm not sifting I have my sub forums down to Stern and All and batch edit everyday to drain the riff raff. What I think ur saying is u dislike the fact that I defend Stern Pinball Why? and bashing should be allowed without any repercusion what so ever, well not on my watch. Good day sir.

I rarely agree with hazoff but he has ever right to provide his opinion. He thinks black knight is great? I think it's absolute garbage and the biggest piss away title stern has come out with in some time b/c the theme is lackluster AND the pf is boring BUT he should be able to defend and love it as much as he wants.

I can't stand when people tell others your opinion is wrong and therefore DON"T post. Again hazoff is one of the pinsiders I shake my head at a lot b/c his opinions are off the wall but GD this is a pinball forum and everyone gets a chance to post. It also makes things more interesting.

I do love canada though (they get hockey is the best sport ever) so that is one thing we prob have in common.

#2096 4 years ago

You guys are always so over the top.

Black knight is a lot of fun. I like playing it. New code that gets rid of a lot of guess work is a big improvement.

Not every game is for everybody.

Not everybody will like this one either.

#2097 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I do love canada though (they get hockey is the best sport ever) so that is one thing we prob have in common.

I don't really watch Hockey but I appreciate ur comment and I thank you. You see BK3 was just bashed again by Pinb1, he didn't say he didn't care for the game but called it a

Quoted from pinb1:

disasterous playfield design

and you

Quoted from delt31:

absolute garbage and the biggest piss away title stern has come out with in some time

Now I disagree but I actually like the passion and ur right because if someone is going to post things like that its anyones right to react in kind isn't that the point of coming on pinside? If it was just tech talk and tips man it would be real fuckin boring around here. Thusly I also don't mind when a fellow pinsider calls me on my bullshit does that mean I need help, probably.

#2098 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Hazoff, you need to stop talking up Black Knight. You are in a minority and that's ok but you cant keep using Bk3 as an example of greatness. YOU think it's great and that's awesome but the consensus seems to be that its boring af and the shots are not balanced well.
2019 Stern games have been less than awesome so far. Go Keith!

Lol dude. BKSoR is a lot closer to BM66 in the ratings (27 to 20) than BM66 is to LOTR (which is #5 with over 5 times as many people rating the game).

You were railing on me earlier for “my opinion”, and now you’re ragging Hazoff about “consensus”.

#2099 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys are always so over the top.

Black knight is a lot of fun. I like playing it. New code that gets rid of a lot of guess work is a big improvement.

Not every game is for everybody.

Not everybody will like this one either.

Yeah but this has a Dinosaur that eats the ball and spits it out which for many it seems automatically makes it great and miles ahead of BK3.

#2100 4 years ago

Left the thread for 12 hours....

Lordy. Lordy.

Drunk-Dinosaur (resized).jpgDrunk-Dinosaur (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/42?hl=jimwe5t and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.