OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 73.
#1951 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I gave it a shot. Maybe one or two people will give it a second look. I played 30 years of video games before figuring it out.

The problem is that it just takes too long to get really good at pinball. And until you're really good at pinball, you suck at pinball. It takes very little time for young people to figure out patterns and strategies for video games. It takes years to get so good at figuring out vectors and angles and nudging, to the point that you're not even thinking about it, but it's just muscle memory. Most people have the attention span of a goldfish, and are not going to take the time to make pinball a truly enjoyable experience.

#1952 4 years ago

Finally got a chance to look at the specs. I don't usually hold much hope for Stern, but WOW, this game is full-featured! I hope this means that Stern is back, that we'll get games like this from now on. I'm very excited for the company and can hopefully stop bashing it for being blood-sucking-cheap-assed.

The shots looks crazy awesome! The only concern I have is how tight the shots look due to the sheer number of them. Knowing Keith, I'm sure it will still shoot well.

If Stern would bring back SAM, I'd be broke!

#1953 4 years ago

I’m in on an LE & can’t wait
I’m a fan of Spike 2 also, without it we’d still have those outdated DMD’s on our new Stern pinball machines

#1954 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I hope this means that Stern is back, that we'll get games like this from now on. I'm very excited for the company and can hopefully stop bashing it for being blood-sucking-cheap-assed.

When exactly did they leave? DP is great, BK3 is amazing, Maiden, BM66, SWars etc. Jesus they put a moving T rex in a pin and its the second coming. I agree the pin looks good and I'm gonna grab a Pro if I like the gameplay, its just this whole Stern has been off their mark for years crap. Its weak, last week

#1955 4 years ago
Quoted from Wineinger09:

T-Rex tossing the ball like that going to cause playfield damage?

You’re kidding with that question right??? You don’t think for one second that Stern didn’t already think of that??? Of course they did and it will be no issue.

#1956 4 years ago

really excited about the animations now that it was confirmed that goat animation is in the game.

#1957 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

When exactly did they leave? DP is great, BK3 is amazing, Maiden, BM66, SWars etc. Jesus they put a moving T rex in a pin and its the second coming. I agree the pin looks good and I'm gonna grab a Pro if I like the gameplay, its just this whole Stern has been off their mark for years crap. Its weak, last week

Hazoff, you need to stop talking up Black Knight. You are in a minority and that's ok but you cant keep using Bk3 as an example of greatness. YOU think it's great and that's awesome but the consensus seems to be that its boring af and the shots are not balanced well.
2019 Stern games have been less than awesome so far. Go Keith!

#1958 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The problem is that it just takes too long to get really good at pinball.

Kinda, I don't know I was always good at pinball even as tot preteen boy. I remember as a young fella going with a few buddies to play while we should be in school and they hated when it was my turn because they knew they were watching for awile. I heard this alot "just die already" meaning drain not actual death, well who knows. Anyway ofcourse you get better with practise but if u stink or just can't get into it u never will. Lots of guys still love to play even though they are far from great so its more of do you have that pinball sickness in you or not.

#1959 4 years ago

Not sure if I love the new or the old JP more yet, but I know which one loves me more.
(Hint: it's a matter of spit or swallow)

#1960 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

YOU think it's great and that's awesome but the consensus seems to be that its boring af and the shots are not balanced well.

boring af and not balanced? Horseshit, and I'll never stop praising that game. Makes zero difference to me if its held in high regard or hated with extreme ethusiam, in fact I prefer the ladder. Good day to u sir, I said good day.

#1961 4 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I see some different abbreviations being used for this game. Am I the only one who thinks the most logical abbreviation would be JP19?

sorry, Yancy nominated JP2. It won out

Honestly, good game abbreviations need to be short and logical. JP2 is both. If a few years JP19 is just somthing that takes more time to type, makes zero sense since no other game goes by the year is was made, and it deviates from the way we pinheads have already opted to name games in a series.

e.g. BK, BK2K, BK3
HS, HS2

Just gotta realize that JP2 hits all the abbreviation check boxes.

#1962 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

boring af and not balanced? Horseshit, and I'll never stop praising that game. Makes zero difference to me if its held in high regard or hated with extreme ethusiam, in fact I prefer the ladder. Good day to u sir, I said good day.

I let SW slide because I havent played it enough

#1963 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry, Yancy nominated JP2. It won out
Honestly, good game abbreviations need to be short and logical. JP2 is both. If a few years JP19 is just somthing that takes more time to type, makes zero sense since no other game goes by the year is was made, and it deviates from the way we pinheads have already opted to name games in a series.
e.g. BK, BK2K, BK3
HS, HS2
Just gotta realize that JP2 hits all the abbreviation check boxes.

Except this abbreviation will always bother me just a bit because I consider this JP3. Lost World would be JP2 (especially by your logic)

#1964 4 years ago

Dammit. Now I really want this to be JP3. We got BK3 earlier this year and we are getting Elvira (E3?) in the fall

#1965 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I consider this JP3

I like that or JPS

#1966 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Except this abbreviation will always bother me just a bit because I consider this JP3. Lost World would be JP2 (especially by your logic)

lost world sucks and gots its own family of abbreviations

JP and JP2 are related, JPLW is like the 2nd cousin that nobody wants to talk about for good reason.

#1967 4 years ago

JPPKS...
B79FEA77-58C6-4285-81D9-5FDAC13CB4CF (resized).jpegB79FEA77-58C6-4285-81D9-5FDAC13CB4CF (resized).jpeg

#1968 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

JPPKS...
[quoted image]

JPPPKS

#1969 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Anyone think they will introduce another version of cabinet art? I.E. cat women
On the fence but i would appreciate it anyone asks if there is a chance to see another throwback edition cab first...maybe during the Monday Twitch Stream or at a panel...

If you want the old art, the cabinets are the same size just order decals for the original and re-decal the cabinet. Pretty simple job on a brand new stern.

#1970 4 years ago

I'll go with KME2, personally. Just to irritate everyone. And retroactively I'm going to use KME1 for Iron Maiden.

#1971 4 years ago

Update on IGN

Update: We've confirmed with Stern that there are no movie clips and everything on the screen will be custom animation. Stern also added, "Sounds [and] speech from Nedry's character are in the game (Wayne Knight)." Original story follows...

#1972 4 years ago

I have been pin-bored for the best part of a year. Sold down to just a few keepers and feeling pretty sleepy on the whole thing.

I'm awake now I'll tell you! This is a top shelf effort from Stern. Go Keith! Premium all the way!

#1973 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

You’re kidding with that question right??? You don’t think for one second that Stern didn’t already think of that??? Of course they did and it will be no issue.

Of course they thought of it, it's extra revenue in replacement playfields

#1974 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

39 pages plus your useless post.

Not useless stating a fact.

#1975 4 years ago

I am impressed with what I see so far. I think the Monday stream could make people more excited. Also, the fact that it’s playable at Pinburgh is perfect timing to keep the hype going. At this point, this game has a chance to be a huge seller. The only reason why this was on my radar was because of the designer. Now, I am likely in. This game will sell a ton of units.

Best selling Stern LCD? Dethroning Star Wars? We will never know of course but I bet the volume on this is huge.

#1976 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I have been pin-bored for the best part of a year. Sold down to just a few keepers and feeling pretty sleepy on the whole thing.
I'm awake now I'll tell you! This is a top shelf effort from Stern. Go Keith! Premium all the way!

Other than 2 trailers and hi Rez pics, we haven’t seen any gameplay, right? I don’t want to miss it

We don’t have any idea what the graphics will look like or what sounds and callouts will be. There have been no reveals or leaks of either because ..... they are far from being done. I get the feeling JP2 might only have v.2 software and that the amount of work to “finish” the game might take until end of 2019. Plenty of time to find and play the game before making a decision on whether to buy it (for anyone other the blokes in AU).

#1977 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So why are you here?

So why do you care?

#1978 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

39 pages.... and counting.
Just need some complete code this time - no waiting!

So why would this release be different?

#1979 4 years ago

The only little thing I will be sad if there isnt at this point:

A raptor hunting mode where you play as muldoon. When you line up the shot he says “SHOOT HER!” Lol. Kind of like maidens shots at the planes.

Would also have been cool if the ball hold mech in the raptor pit was like star trek where it turns into a captive ball target. Maybe it would only hold it a short time once you locked onto a raptor.

#1980 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Other than 2 trailers and hi Rez pics, we haven’t seen any gameplay, right? I don’t want to miss it
We don’t have any idea what the graphics will look like or what sounds and callouts will be. There have been no reveals or leaks of either because ..... they are far from being done. I get the feeling JP2 might only have v.2 software and that the amount of work to “finish” the game might take until end of 2019. Plenty of time to find and play the game before making a decision on whether to buy it.

The feature matrix states "Incredible rendered LCD graphic scenes", I think that's a pretty bold boast so I'm hopeful they wouldn't have put that on there if they didn't believe it and BK3 has the best graphics so far in the LCD era, if they've improved on those and are starting to find their stride, it could be awesome.

#1981 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

We don’t have any idea what the graphics will look like or what sounds and callouts will be. There have been no reveals or leaks of either because ..... they are far from being done. I get the feeling JP2 might only have v.2 software and that the amount of work to “finish” the game might take until end of 2019. Plenty of time to find and play the game before making a decision on whether to buy it (for anyone other the blokes in AU).

I think you will be surprised on how far along the code is on Monday. Also, Stern has posted 2 teasers of the animations. One on Facebook, the other at the beginning of the trailer video. The look fantastic.

#1982 4 years ago

Stern couldn’t get any of the the A list characters to sign on the dotted line so they got Nerdy for a 5 year supply of devil dogs
No Sam Neil, Jeff or SLJ.....

I’m away to open a case of Stella Artois (AKA wife beater) .... and play some big boy toys Metallica - LUCI - IMDN

Look forward to the stream...
Will be interesting what the music and sound effects will be like...

#1983 4 years ago

Stern has come up with some very good machines lately and this looks like another one but I need to see more, hear more about it.

#1984 4 years ago

This game does look fun. Maybe after i get my Wonka LE i will look into getting a JP3 pro. Still need to play it first.

#1985 4 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Congrats to Keith Elwin and his team for what looks to be a rather refreshing and innovating game!

Interestingly, IGN - who I recall often just publishing Stern's standard press release - is surprisingly critical on this game and raising some valid questions.
The trailer doesn't show any footage from the movie, which made me wonder: if RawThrills would be doing a Jurassic Park-themed Arcade shooter game without any scenes from the movie, just shooting dinosaurs, are people complaining about the lack of movie footage? Or is that typical for the pinball community?

For the first time in history, Pinside has decided not to care about movie assets. Progress!

#1986 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

For the first time in history, Pinside has decided not to care about movie assets. Progress!

I love the fresh perspective. They crushed it with deadpool....

#1987 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Your points just aren't very good and you are making a bunch of stuff up along the way to get to them:
"Blind" opinions that are based on pictures and video?... people are happy about more than just the mech... the mech isn't basic and appears to work almost nothing like the DE one... The sculpt quality isn't poor just because you say it is... etc.
No one said you can't have differing opinions, your criticism is just really flimsy and comes off like someone who wants to complain and then pat themselves on the back for it for being the true champion of an internet thread.

It's a round and round cycle though, isn't it?

There's gray here. There always is.

My main point is for home ownership, I want more. I can't drop that kind of money every few months, so I would want something that could help me feel the worth in that. Clearly Stern has been doing pretty damn well with this formula, without one more person in the mix/myself, for years.

My opinions are my own. And they're as much hot air as anyone else's. They have validity to me and my wallet alone. I never stated otherwise. I'm just a person that doesn't downvote just because I don't agree with someone or because a someone is stomping on a dream game I'm really happy about, not if they're presenting views that seem somewhat coherent.

I posted a mod idea about the rex, and I'm anxious to play it and be surprised. I'm anxious for the stream monday night too!

Umm, so is that sufficient to detail how I'm not just some jerk trying to be ego dominant or trash on others excitement?

If it is for you, I'm glad. I don't wish to be negative for other's joy. If it's not, so be it, I bend as much as I'm able, in a world where most aren't equally polite.

#1988 4 years ago

Looks like they use some home made clips to go with the art instead of movie clips.
looks great.

Screenshot_20190727_172249_com.google.android.youtube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190727_172249_com.google.android.youtube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190727_172500_com.google.android.youtube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190727_172500_com.google.android.youtube (resized).jpg
#1989 4 years ago

There's alot of talk about broken plastics , i've long wondered why don't they use " soft " plastic like you find in Tupperware , if not needed for structural purposes . If they used similar plastic to that on the slingshot covers and elsewhere you could hit it on the edge all day and it would never break .

#1990 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This game does look fun. Maybe after i get my Wonka LE i will look into getting a JP3 pro. Still need to play it first.

Aha! Its catching on!

#1991 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry, Yancy nominated JP2. It won

I Stand With @yancy ! Wiser pinballers you just won't find. Stick with Yancy, he wont gum up!

#1992 4 years ago

There's a lot of pre-vis done with Unreal Engine these days. You can get pretty good looking results that run in real time.

Perhaps Stern has truly leveraged all the Midway guys they scooped up to accomplish this.

It will be interesting to see how open people are to this approach. It's also the only way you'll get your "Grail pin" Jaws.

#1993 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Game looks cool but damn does Stern make some amatuer looking trailers compared to JJP. Then again JJP stopped making these types of trailers after Dialed In so maybe they cost too much to make. Probably easier and cheaper to make a basic trailer and let it be released on IGN for more exposure.

Ho lee phuk. I have to start saving money. That is the first stern game that I have had any interest in even trying to raise the cash to buy. Maybe by the time the used ones start coming available I will have enough cash saved.

#1994 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Cary Hardy just posted a new JP reaction vid from 13 minutes ago

that guy creeps me out

#1995 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Cary Hardy just posted a new JP reaction vid from 13 minutes ago

creepy!

#1996 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

There's a lot of pre-vis done with Unreal Engine these days. You can get pretty good looking results that run in real time.
Perhaps Stern has truly leveraged all the Midway guys they scooped up to accomplish this.
It will be interesting to see how open people are to this approach. It's also the only way you'll get your "Grail pin" Jaws.

Honestly, doesnt the trex mech remind you of the jaws shark a little? Wouldnt be a big change to make that into a shark....

#1997 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

that guy creeps me out

You should really keep your opinions of other Pinsiders to yourself. I haven't met Cary but he seems like a good guy and he is giving back to the community through his videos. You don't have to watch.

#1998 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Bring it on! If Jaws was animated in this style and had this much in the game, nobody would blink an eye. Also, you could focus on all action scenes, which the movie only has a limited amount. It would solve a lot of problems.

#1999 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

You should really keep your opinions of other Pinsiders to yourself. I haven't met Cary but he seems like a good guy and he is giving back to the community through his videos. You don't have to watch.

+1!

Ok he looks like an evil genius , but he's a cool dude, and a member of the SDTM team
And he is a true pinballer

And btw if you find HIM creepy, the rest of pinsiders will make you wet your pants!

#2000 4 years ago

Is there any scoop on the playfield? I don't see one...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hickory, NC
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/40?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.