OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 73.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t think she’s replacing Bond,she’s just using the 007 title or whatever you call it.The people that own the IP already stated that Bond is a dude,so yeah Bruce Jenner will never get to be James Bond.

And yet, meltdowns abound. People are always looking to be offended!

As far as the game? If it’s jurassic
it better have a T. rex eating a ball or something equally as cool or there will be a jurassic meltdown!!!

#102 4 years ago

I was also told Jurassic world from a dealer. Not going to lie. Kind of bummed but really hoping the game is unique and not just another bash toy.. apparently there is a ramp that has never been done before.

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If it’s jurassic
it better have a T. rex eating a ball or something equally as cool or there will be a jurassic meltdown!!!

Seem like a no win to me. If it does then it's just a new game with some old shit in it and if it doesn't then the the jurassic meltdown.

How aboot a dino head over a small spinner that locks the ball like Gene/Kiss?

Quoted from Toppers:

. apparently there is a ramp that has never been done before.

Last time that happened we got that horrible GB .5 ramp; uff.

#104 4 years ago

Layout will be better than Maiden. I’ll quote myself tomorrow.

#105 4 years ago

Maybe the LE will be in a throw back cab...? Doubtful. I really think the games look nice without actors faces all over the field. Who cares right?

#106 4 years ago

Bourne > Bond. Don't give two shits about a game based either one, though.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Layout will be better than Maiden.

Seems impossible but I hope you're right.

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I'm just trying to figure out who those are!

Well they whine, and dine. They like to drink wine. I mean what r u looking for here? I see u whistle me too. Whiners rarely whistle.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Spoken like a true Stern fanboy!

I was waiting for that kind of stupidity.

Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t think she’s replacing Bond,she’s just using the 007 title or whatever you call it.

and u gave it 2 me ten fold. Thanks

I'm well aware that a new Bond character doesn't erase the old ones, and that this new female 007 agent won't be called Bond, that doesn't make it right.

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

As a big fisherman...We have a bass fishing pin, who's with me for an offshore fishing theme?

fishing might be a theme better suited for spooky.

charliesanglers01 (resized).jpgcharliesanglers01 (resized).jpg
#111 4 years ago

It’s pinside - unfortunately someone will be disappointed

-if it’s Jurassic Park, someone will complain that it’s not Jurassic world

-if it’s Jurassic world, someone will complain that it’s not Jurassic Park

-if it’s not Jurassic Park/World someone will probably complain...I hate jaws, I hate Tmnt, I hate Bill & Teds, I hate James Bond, etc

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

It’s pinside - unfortunately someone will be disappointed
-if it’s Jurassic Park, someone will complain that it’s not Jurassic world
-if it’s Jurassic world, someone will complain that it’s not Jurassic Park
-if it’s not Jurassic Park/World someone will probably complain...I hate jaws, I hate Tmnt, I hate Bill & Teds, etc

If it plays as good as Maiden its a win

#113 4 years ago

My beef with Jurassic whatever is that is been over done. Do we really need another ball eating Dino?

Let’s get something fresh!

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

My beef with Jurassic whatever is that is been over done. Do we really need another ball eating Dino?

Ut ohh, Groot head/dino head ball lock?
So dont care.

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It wasn’t done “right” though. The original was fine, lost world Greg Bone loves, but give it a damn game and some art into it. Its a powerhouse of a theme.

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If you mean the toy, it has been done once... 25 years ago.

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

no. but a nice smooth 3 flipper,3 ramp, 3 spinner game loosely based on Jpark with Yeti art and good music/animations cool modes could be great. I agree though a big toy that eats balls, I already have one of those thank you very much and I'll be seeing her this friday.

#118 4 years ago

Which one is going to be just a logo cab? Im saying LE. Blue powercoat, lots of gun metal greys.

#119 4 years ago

Bring back the gun shooter!!!

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Bring back the gun shooter!!!

Definitely a good idea, but Guns aren’t politically correct in 2019, so highly doubtful it would be included. Now that you mention it, when was the last time stern had a gun or similar plunger? T3 ?

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

How about....
A Pterodactyl flying across the playfield with the ball to its nest. You can knock the ball loose.
Kinda like Mist ball in BSD, but just above the playfield, before it rises.

#122 4 years ago

Jurassic World?

Why now? Why not 4 years ago?

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Jurassic World?

I'm tempted to run down the long list of other titles that you could say virtually the same thing about, but it would take too long..

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

dont worry, I will update the thread title as soon as game is revealed so all that dont care to discuss now, know to tune back in.

But there will be a new and better thread then.

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Jurassic World?

Could be worse John...Alot worse.

#126 4 years ago

jaws was never my scene and i dont like star wars.

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

But there will be a new and better thread then.

there will be at least 5 by then, lol

#128 4 years ago

The New Jurassic Park Re-Make should incorporate:

-When you start a game you hear "WELCOME TO JURASSIC PARK", the back box has a mechanical opening of the Jurassic Park gate / large doors revealing the LCD / Back box area, with perhaps other mechanical aspects.
-Some type of zapping / magnetic feature as your poking the raptors to secure or fight them
-"Only if the Raptors can open doors" would be diverters
-"Must go faster" hitting outer orbits while driving in the Sahara Jeep mode as it plays on the LCD
-A mode where a goat pops up from under the playfield (Similar to MM Trolls, but slower raise) in a cage which the bars go down back into the playfield revealing the goat.
-Flare mode with flashing LED's you need to get the T-Rex to follow the LED light / flares
-Cartoon DINO DNA mode sequence clip within the large LCD
-Multi ball lock would have a mechanical Barbasol can which functions somewhat like the idol on Indiana Jones as you acquire DNA, it would be a regular Barbasol can, but as you add balls would open up revealing them inside.
-"Life finds a way" ball save

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

The New Jurassic Park Re-Make should incorporate:
-When you start a game you hear "WELCOME TO JURASSIC PARK", the back box has a mechanical opening of the Jurassic Park gate / large doors revealing the LCD / Back box area, with perhaps other mechanical aspects.
-Some type of zapping / magnetic feature as your poking the raptors to secure or fight them
-"Only if the Raptors can open doors" would be diverters
-"Must go faster" hitting outer orbits while driving in the Sahara Jeep mode as it plays on the LCD
-A mode where a goat pops up from under the playfield (Similar to MM Trolls, but slower raise) in a cage which the bars go down back into the playfield revealing the goat.
-Flare mode with flashing LED's you need to get the T-Rex to follow the LED light / flares
-Cartoon DINO DNA mode sequence clip within the large LCD
-Multi ball lock would have a mechanical Barbasol can which functions somewhat like the idol on Indiana Jones as you acquire DNA, it would be a regular Barbasol can, but as you add balls would open up revealing them inside.
-"Life finds a way" ball save

You have thought about this way more than any designer at Data East/Sega/Stern. Damn shame, some good ideas there. (Jk, I know the bean counters are the buzz kill)

#130 4 years ago

I have heard nothing to the affect...but how freaking perfect would Top Gun be, especially now with the new movie coming. Could be freaking awesome.

#131 4 years ago

Too soon

Screenshot_20190722-190231_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190722-190231_Facebook (resized).jpg
#132 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Too soon[quoted image]

I don’t get Kaneda’s image at all. Like...JPIII is the LE?

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I have heard nothing to the affect...but how freaking perfect would Top Gun be, especially now with the new movie coming. Could be freaking awesome.

Let Steve Ritchie make F-14 2.0!

#134 4 years ago

Jaws pretty please!!

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yea maybe next year when sequel gets released.

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I was waiting for that kind of stupidity.

and u gave it 2 me ten fold. Thanks
I'm well aware that a new Bond character doesn't erase the old ones, and that this new female 007 agent won't be called Bond, that doesn't make it right.

Dude, wasn’t even talking to you about Bond shut the hell up.
And you do prop Stern and down talk JJP games I’ve seen you all over on their threads.I’m not a big fan of Stern games but I don’t go to Stern threads to talk bad about their games.I thought Canadians were suppose to be nice?

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

OK, no more of this Home Edition crap. We are a collector community and want the full featured game!
Rumors are that the next Cornerstone (e.g. Pro, Prem, LE) Stern is still coming this summer and likely in the next month.
Elwin has been joking about 2 weeks, and many have rumored that he is up next.
The largest rumor is for Jurassic World, but I still hear others saying Jaws or Bill and Ted.
What do you say Pinside?
What is coming next?
When will it be announced?
Who is designer and who is lead code?

FA306938-99F7-4059-BE26-7A50213CCB6F.gifFA306938-99F7-4059-BE26-7A50213CCB6F.gif
#138 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

My money is on Jurassic Park! I just canceled my Wonka CE order in hopes that this is the case.It's (Wonka) is still in your collection. Let's see pictures of the other pin in your collection.

#139 4 years ago

FWIW: Was talking to Gary Flower earlier today and he's expecting James Bond to be announced. This is mostly based on Gary Stern's presentation for selected distributors at EAG in January, where he told distributors a James Bond game will be out this year. He actually did the announcement asking who is ready for Jaws and then showed a photo of the Jaws character from the James Bond movies. Let's see if Gary is right.

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

FWIW: Was talking to Gary Flower earlier today and he's expecting James Bond to be announced. This is mostly based on Gary Stern's presentation for selected distributors at EAG in January, where he told distributors a James Bond game will be out this year. He actually did the announcement asking who is ready for Jaws and then showed a photo of the Jaws character from the James Bond movies. Let's see if Gary is right.

Based on a seminar in January? This Gary is wrong. I do believe James Bond is likely. But not tomorrow.

#141 4 years ago

I recall hearing some chatter about Bond being a Kapow game back around that same timeframe.

Jaws as a secret code word would make more sense for Bond than Jurassic but WTF do I know?

If it’s Bond and classic Bond(Moore/Connery) I’m in 100% that is all I know.

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Hmm. This is telling. I mean, even if tomorrow isn't Bond, the idea that, to Gary Stern, a Bond-themed pin must include the assassin Jaws tells me a Bond pin is likely to focus on Roger Moore's run. Is that good? Is that bad? I don't really know, but when you consider that Moore's run spanned from '73 to '85, it's certainly old enough to appeal to no one under forty-five. And how would Jaws be utilized on a pinball playfield, anyhow? His schtick is to mortally bite his targets. Whom would he bite in this case? You? The ball? Jaws was the original "grille." Perhaps the game could have a Beast Mode, a la Marshawn Lynch.

#145 4 years ago

Jaws or 007 would be great, especially with Brian Eddy designing. JW could be cool for Keith. I don't like the movies, but dinosaurs are always cool in a pinball machine.

I'm just glad the chatter for Superman 78 seems to be dead.

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:I thought Canadians were suppose to be nice?

theres a big gap between chris nilan and dudley do-right.

#147 4 years ago

Just watched the-making of Jurassic Park on YouTube getting pumped!

#148 4 years ago

I don't get excited for stern announcements.
Ever, because will always be either a licensed theme or a rehash of a licensed theme , and in some cases a 3rd or 4th rehash

There are very few I'd like to see again in a modern format,

BTTF would be No 1

GNR(jjp)

So unless it's a shock announcement of Stranger Things,

MEH

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:Jaws or 007 would be great, especially with Brian Eddy designing. JW could be cool for Keith. I don't like the movies, but dinosaurs are always cool in a pinball machine.
I'm just glad the chatter for Superman 78 seems to be dead.

So, if it is Eddy's games this week, prepare for mic drop's everywhere!

#150 4 years ago

Dinosaur egg power ball?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/3?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.