OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 73.
#1901 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I thought about that, but there is a shot in the video if paused just right, where you can see the target at the end of the command center lane, and there is clearly no pass through from the raptor pen. It would be behind said target with the positioning...

Actually, if you look close, it would be in front of the Control Room target on the left. That, combined with a rising post in the Control Room, might be how balls are locked.

Hit the Raptor shot, gates prevents exit, balls rolls into Control Room lane and is stopped by post that has popped up. Game does a "Ball Lock" sound and animation, then post drops and ball roll back out.

#1902 4 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

-In the pro it’s the butyrate plastic picture of a raptor. Gate doesn’t move. It looks like there’s a gate, because they had to fill the hole because the playfield is the same for all models. Standup target in the back.

There's definitely a gate there.

#1903 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I'm curious about the raptor pen on the Pro too. Obviously you don't get the drop bank door in the front, and the up post. But instead of the up post there seems to be a wire gate inside the pen, about where the up post would be.
I don't see any reason for that to be a switch gate, there is already a raptor stand up target at the back to register a full shot hit at the rear of the pen. But if it's not a controlled gate, it can't be a regular one way gate either, unless the rear-left side of the pin is open and it returns the ball out through the control room lane.
Anyone have any thoughts on that?
You can clearly see the wire gate in the pro detail shot of the pen here.
[quoted image]

Looks like a one way gate with an opening back into play via the control room shot...

#1904 4 years ago

Just finished playing IMDN for an hour. Seriously, if JP is half as good as IMDN, then it’s going to be a fantastic game.

Elwin really is the players (I should say “ballers”) designer.

#1905 4 years ago

Is the stream on Monday on the premium or pro? ... or both!?

#1906 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

Looks like a one way gate with an opening back into play via the control room shot...

Snapped a screenshot, zoomed, and lightened it a little. I don't see any way there is a pass through from the pen to the control room lane...

preview (resized).jpgpreview (resized).jpg
#1907 4 years ago

Took this screenshot from the trailer. Better view.

Yellow arrow shows Control Room standup target.

Red arrow shows where ball would roll out when stopped by gate.

Blue arrow shows post that would rise to catch ball to allow for "Ball Lock" sounds an animation, before releasing.

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 10.16.10 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-07-26 at 10.16.10 PM (resized).png
#1908 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Snapped a screenshot, zoomed, and lightened it a little. I don't see any way there is a pass through from the pen to the control room lane...[quoted image]

Can't make anything out from that pic. Sorry.

#1909 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Took this screenshot from the trailer. Better view.
Yellow arrow shows Control Room standup target.
Red arrow shows where ball would roll out when stopped by gate.
Blue arrow shows post that would rise to catch ball to allow for "Ball Lock" sounds an animation, before releasing.[quoted image]

There are no wire guides on the Pro like there is on the Premium at the top of the pit. Maybe it does divert to the left?

#1910 4 years ago

I hope you're right, that would be an interesting exit for the raptor shot.

#1911 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

To all the Deadpool LE owners, how cool will the side art from our DP be with JP? I think it would look pretty cool in keeping with the dinosaur theme.

Meh. I'd rather have more diversity. I will probably sell my DPLE anyway.

#1912 4 years ago

Love me some Kyle Dunnigan!!! How fitting this came out today haha.

#1913 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

And as usual, Stern knocks it out of the park once again! Keith Elwin is making a BIG BIG name for himself very quickly. This game is going to sell so big that its not even going to be funny. I bet the owners of these other pinball companies are shitting themselves about right now, if not they should be because this game just took away a shit ton of potential sales from them!
HOMERUN ALL THE WAY!!!

Not going to deny: this is the first Stern I'm truly eager to see since Iron Maiden.

Let me correct that statement:

The last two games to get me to pay this much attention: TWD and IMDN. A lot of factors are going to have to line up for me to drop $7300. Looking for that John Williams score and that iconic T-Rex roar from part one. None of that cheese, half-assness from JP2 and 3...I'm looking for this bitch right here (4 separate "roar!!!!" clips):

It certainly looks different and unique. Can't remember the last time we got 4 ramps (house to the left, Rexy, Spiral, and upside down loop to heli-spinner). I'm all about "being the character trapped with the dinosaurs" like Alien did it.

Won't deny, not hearing "Must go faster...!" will be a drag, but like Negan said: "first impressions are important!!!" - and this one has certainly delivered on that front.

Kinda bummer for the Pro - no Rexy interactivity (thinking back to static Brachiosaur on Flintstones), no target bank, and then for a nice kick in the junk: no official Jurassic Park red and black T-Rex skeleton logo on the translite. Ouch

#1914 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

There are no wire guides on the Pro like there is on the Premium at the top of the pit. Maybe it does divert to the left?

Great catch! You're right, the Premium has the guides on the left side because it locks the ball with its on rising post.

On the Pro, the rising post in the Control Room lane does double duty.

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 10.31.16 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-07-26 at 10.31.16 PM (resized).png
#1915 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Not going to deny: this is the first Stern I'm truly eager to see since Iron Maiden.
Let me correct that statement:
The last two games to get me to pay this much attention: TWD and IMDN. A lot of factors are going to have to line up for me to drop $7300. Looking for that John Williams score and that iconic T-Rex roar from part one. None of that cheese, half-assness from JP2 and 3...I'm looking for this bitch right here:

It certainly looks different and unique. Can't remember the last time we got 4 ramps (house to the left, Rexy, Spiral, and upside down loop to heli-spinner). I'm all about "being the character trapped with the dinosaurs" like Alien did it.
Won't deny, not hearing "Must go faster...!" will be a drag, but like Negan said: "first impressions are important!!!" - and this one has certainly delivered on that front.
Kinda bummer for the Pro - no Rexy interactivity (thinking back to static Brachiosaur on Flintstones), no target bank, and then for a nice kick in the junk: no official Jurassic Park red and black T-Rex skeleton logo on the translite. Ouch

All good points and how cool would it be to see T Rex let out a big roar and knock the jeep over!

#1916 4 years ago

Looks like Stern hired Wayne Knight for custom Nedry callouts.

Any other classic lines like "Must go faster" could be swapped out with the Pinball Browser.

I think I'm in!

#1917 4 years ago

You mean Michael Knight?

#1918 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

You mean Michael Knight?

No, this isn't a Knight Rider pin.

#1919 4 years ago

Also, should be easy enough for modders to make metal helicopter blades that interact with the ball like the Premium. Sure, the game won't acknowledge it, but the effect it cool to look at.

#1921 4 years ago

Wayne Knight, Michael Knight, Black Knight. ....Where's the love for Ted Knight?

#1923 4 years ago

One thing I wish stern would get better on is playfield lighting. Most of their recent titles have been DARK. It’s not super expensive to add a few spots, right? Their GI and inserts are great now, but the games are still very underlit

#1924 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Wayne Knight, Michael Knight, Black Knight. ....Where's the love for Ted Knight?

#1925 4 years ago
caddyshack-well-were-waiting-gif-2.gifcaddyshack-well-were-waiting-gif-2.gif
#1926 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'd rather NOT have movie clips. Although some amusing quotes might be nice.

Looks like they aren’t.

“Update: We've confirmed with Stern that there are no movie clips and everything on the screen will be custom animation. Stern also added, "Sounds [and] speech from Nedry's character are in the game (Wayne Knight)." “

#1927 4 years ago

I see some different abbreviations being used for this game. Am I the only one who thinks the most logical abbreviation would be JP19?

#1928 4 years ago

The Pro is even more packed than IMDN Pro, which was already pretty impressive. Honestly I’m leaning into the Pro right now.

#1929 4 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I see some different abbreviations being used for this game. Am I the only one who thinks the most logical abbreviation would be JP19?

I like that!

#1930 4 years ago

I made a bunch of Amber Jewelry Products through the years. Both Real and Replica.

I dusted off some contacts and have some replica Amber.Insect samples on the way in.
Lets see what I can come up with.

The Oval Egg, with Mosquito in a cane, or just the top is out there as a pricey, $50+
Licensed Jurassic Park Replica, So that might be a better DIY.

#1931 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I'm curious about the raptor pen on the Pro too. Obviously you don't get the drop bank door in the front, and the up post. But instead of the up post there seems to be a wire gate inside the pen, about where the up post would be.
I don't see any reason for that to be a switch gate, there is already a raptor stand up target at the back to register a full shot hit at the rear of the pen. But if it's not a controlled gate, it can't be a regular one way gate either, unless the rear-left side of the pin is open and it returns the ball out through the control room lane.
Anyone have any thoughts on that?
You can clearly see the wire gate in the pro detail shot of the pen here.
[quoted image]

Good eye! my guess one way gate, diverts it to the left lane where that post can hold it (think dark knight) less mechs but acts the same as the prem

#1932 4 years ago

Anyone think they will introduce another version of cabinet art? I.E. cat women

On the fence but i would appreciate it anyone asks if there is a chance to see another throwback edition cab first...maybe during the Monday Twitch Stream or at a panel...

#1933 4 years ago

Wow 39 pages of discussing a pin no one has played or seen in person. Really seems like a complete waste of time. Going back to playing actual pins that can actually be played.

#1934 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballRockDude:

Wow 39 pages of discussing a pin no one has played or seen in person. Really seems like a complete waste of time. Going back to playing actual pins that can actually be played.

39 pages plus your useless post.

#1935 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

39 pages plus your useless post.

39 pages.... and counting.

Just need some complete code this time - no waiting!

#1936 4 years ago

So why are you here?

#1937 4 years ago

Super cool that George Gomez designed the shooter rod and the vehicle.
3E8C4871-1E2B-4E56-B677-4F9F6C508FAD (resized).jpeg3E8C4871-1E2B-4E56-B677-4F9F6C508FAD (resized).jpeg

EDC4B715-4FCA-46C6-924A-354BF9FA3137 (resized).jpegEDC4B715-4FCA-46C6-924A-354BF9FA3137 (resized).jpeg
#1938 4 years ago

Cary Hardy just posted a new JP reaction vid from 13 minutes ago

#1939 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Cary Hardy just posted a new JP reaction vid from 13 minutes ago

Who is he/she?

#1941 4 years ago

But can you actually play

#1942 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Who is he/she?

Someone who thinks you should waste 15mins watching them on YouTube so they can monetize your eyeballs... instead of writing things down for free.

#1943 4 years ago

In on a Pro. The game looks amazing!

#1944 4 years ago

I guess Keith said on the Stern FB “goat”
Comments that the video clip is an animation from the game. That is really impressive! Wow.

#1945 4 years ago

An update on that IGN comment thread:

I just want to give props to Ryan Wanger for posting this great, thoughtful reply to those poor IGN video game fans that just don’t get pinball...

5C08E650-DF38-40C0-8F03-8501FA08F1BF (resized).png5C08E650-DF38-40C0-8F03-8501FA08F1BF (resized).png06677E86-7679-4FFF-80A9-44F9925922B5 (resized).png06677E86-7679-4FFF-80A9-44F9925922B5 (resized).pngF037B2C5-01BC-4E5E-8E27-8E51499F64A1 (resized).pngF037B2C5-01BC-4E5E-8E27-8E51499F64A1 (resized).png
#1946 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Why is anyone amazed, when the bare minimum of the Rex "eating" the ball is accomplished?
Hasn't that literally happened in one prior JP game alone, yet alone other games in some similar manner?
We want to talk about pinball evolving, but isn't this just hoping for it to barely tread water?
Man, this time next year, I really hope Deeproot does something outstanding. Because at this point, JJP is stripping games to compete directly with lesser price manufacturers, and we're all hoping Stern replicates an idea from a manufacturer that it bought out nearly 30 years ago.
Wasn't a game like Black Hole or Haunted House, pretty mind blowing for nearly being forty years old? Banzai Run and Safecracker were pretty inventive too. Rex wildly tossing ball about playfield, thirty years later....genius???

Stern needs to start getting their toys working and if this does work as intended then its innovation for them and a great step in the right direction

#1947 4 years ago

Lol ...

Quoted from Wildbill327:

But can you actually play

Hey Wildbill! It is good to see you in the thread brother.

#1948 4 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

An update on that IGN comment thread:
I just want to give props to Ryan Wanger for posting this great, thoughtful reply to those poor IGN video game fans that just don’t get pinball...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Its cool FoodNipple also gave him cred!!

#1949 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I've made varying points with each post, at least I hope I have.
The second post I made was defending my logic for being strongly downvoted for bringing up a point of poor sculpt quality for value's sake. And in doing so compared it to a game I own, which I'm not happy about either.
This last post was detailing how the collective we is rejoicing over a basic mech being used, that is as advanced as one decades ago.
Last night in the thread, I was pretty psyched. So.....I'm not allowed to discuss differing viewpoints in varied ways?
A thread only exists to not question and celebrate a consumer based product without blind cheerleading?
That kind of cheerleading, doesn't sound good to me.
I used some annual to head to MGC, then Helicon months later, to see Wonka unveiled then play it again firsthand. I posted photos that first day on site, and well....I'm not too keen on the game. So trying to create an opinion that doesn't simply glow, for a major multi thousand dollar purchase.....is a bad thing?
(By the way, I've thumbed up many people in this thread, for agreeing with their critiques, as well as their enthusiasm which they've expressed. All the while I have yet to downvote anyone for simply having a differing opinion. Crazy huh?)

Your points just aren't very good and you are making a bunch of stuff up along the way to get to them:

"Blind" opinions that are based on pictures and video?... people are happy about more than just the mech... the mech isn't basic and appears to work almost nothing like the DE one... The sculpt quality isn't poor just because you say it is... etc.

No one said you can't have differing opinions, your criticism is just really flimsy and comes off like someone who wants to complain and then pat themselves on the back for it for being the true champion of an internet thread.

#1950 4 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

I just want to give props to Ryan Wanger for posting this great, thoughtful reply to those poor IGN video game fans that just don’t get pinball...

I gave it a shot. Maybe one or two people will give it a second look. I played 30 years of video games before figuring it out.

I love Maiden so much that any KME design is an insta-buy for me. Jurassic Park looks excellent!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/39?hl=bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.