OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 73.
#1851 4 years ago

hmm, pro or prem.. the raptor ball lock looks cool as does the trex.. and the art is my fave on the prem...

#1852 4 years ago

Anyone else worried about the playfield being damaged from the dinosaur throwing the ball onto the playfield?

#1853 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Anyone else worried about the playfield being damaged from the dinosaur throwing the ball onto the playfield?

I am not. I have a feeling harryhoudini might be.

#1854 4 years ago

At Flix Brew house.

Again, this movie has a Hella following.

IMG_20190726_185202 (resized).jpgIMG_20190726_185202 (resized).jpg
#1855 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Anyone else notice, he is not playing JP from the angle that shows his face? It looks like Congo!

yup and Congo (being an amazing game) is obvious inspiration for general feel of this shot layout it appears.

#1856 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

hmm, pro or prem.. the raptor ball lock looks cool as does the trex.. and the art is my fave on the prem...

I completely agree with this post

#1857 4 years ago

I'm guessin this might be Stern's best selling pin ever. But back on topic, did I tell you guys the new phonebooks are here?
NYHC has got me listenin to AF and punching drywall again tonight OI.

20190726_163417 (resized).jpg20190726_163417 (resized).jpg20190726_163912 (resized).jpg20190726_163912 (resized).jpg
#1858 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nah, someone just needs to make a full set of plastic protectors for this game asap!

#1859 4 years ago

Why is anyone amazed, when the bare minimum of the Rex "eating" the ball is accomplished?

Hasn't that literally happened in one prior JP game alone, yet alone other games in some similar manner?

We want to talk about pinball evolving, but isn't this just hoping for it to barely tread water?

Man, this time next year, I really hope Deeproot does something outstanding. Because at this point, JJP is stripping games to compete directly with lesser price manufacturers, and we're all hoping Stern replicates an idea from a manufacturer that it bought out nearly 30 years ago.

Wasn't a game like Black Hole or Haunted House, pretty mind blowing for nearly being forty years old? Banzai Run and Safecracker were pretty inventive too. Rex wildly tossing ball about playfield, thirty years later....genius???

#1860 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

NYHC has got me listenin to AF and punching drywall again tonight OI.[quoted image][quoted image]

Haha..now we're talkin!!! Maybe I'll drink a few (15) beers tongiht and listen to a little Anti-Heros

#1861 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Why is anyone amazed, when the bare minimum of the Rex "eating" the ball is accomplished?
Hasn't that literally happened in one prior JP game alone, yet alone other games in some similar manner?
We want to talk about pinball evolving, but isn't this just hoping for it to barely tread water?
Man, this time next year, I really hope Deeproot does something outstanding. Because at this point, JJP is stripping games to compete directly with lesser price manufacturers, and we're all hoping Stern replicates an idea from a manufacturer that it bought out nearly 30 years ago.
Wasn't a game like Black Hole or Haunted House, pretty mind blowing for nearly being forty years old? Banzai Run and Safecracker were pretty inventive too. Rex wildly tossing ball about playfield, thirty years later....genius???

Every party has a party pooper that's why we invited you.

#1862 4 years ago

I don;t make a list of shit I want future pinballs to do; just make a fun one is all I care aboot.

#1863 4 years ago

Game looks cool but damn does Stern make some amatuer looking trailers compared to JJP. Then again JJP stopped making these types of trailers after Dialed In so maybe they cost too much to make. Probably easier and cheaper to make a basic trailer and let it be released on IGN for more exposure.

#1864 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Game looks cool but damn does Stern make some amatuer looking trailers compared to JJP.

FFS.
I guess no toy tears is a step in the right direction

#1865 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Nah, someone just needs to make a full set of plastic protectors for this game asap!

Or just a really small dino bib?

825241B4-F775-49F2-B815-D707F1364495 (resized).png825241B4-F775-49F2-B815-D707F1364495 (resized).png
#1866 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

No offence wesman but why are you still in this thread?

You clearly don’t like what you see and so far I don’t think I’ve seen you say anything positive about the game.

I respect everyone’s critique and opinions even those that differ to mine but your starting to sound like a broken recorded, you are not impressed with the game, the features, the lack of detail in the sculpts the price etc etc we get it.

#1867 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No offence @wesman but why are you still in this thread, you clearly don’t like what you see and so far I don’t think I’ve seen you say anything positive about the game, I respect everyone’s critique and opinions even those that differ to mine but your starting to sound like a broken recorded, you are not impressed with the game, the features, the lack of detail in the sculpts the price etc etc we get it.

I've made varying points with each post, at least I hope I have.

The second post I made was defending my logic for being strongly downvoted for bringing up a point of poor sculpt quality for value's sake. And in doing so compared it to a game I own, which I'm not happy about either.

This last post was detailing how the collective we is rejoicing over a basic mech being used, that is as advanced as one decades ago.

Last night in the thread, I was pretty psyched. So.....I'm not allowed to discuss differing viewpoints in varied ways?

A thread only exists to not question and celebrate a consumer based product without blind cheerleading?

That kind of cheerleading, doesn't sound good to me.

I used some annual to head to MGC, then Helicon months later, to see Wonka unveiled then play it again firsthand. I posted photos that first day on site, and well....I'm not too keen on the game. So trying to create an opinion that doesn't simply glow, for a major multi thousand dollar purchase.....is a bad thing?

(By the way, I've thumbed up many people in this thread, for agreeing with their critiques, as well as their enthusiasm which they've expressed. All the while I have yet to downvote anyone for simply having a differing opinion. Crazy huh?)

#1868 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

FFS.
I guess no toy tears is a step in the right direction

Lol, like I said the game looks cool. It's a shame Stern's trailers always look so bad as I think they do their games a disservice. There's no showmanship to them. Then again, maybe trailers are not even needed anymore when live streams and news articles likely create more exposure.

#1869 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Every party has a party pooper that's why we invited you.

Here's 9K, no you get 9K! No, you have summa this cash!!!!

Sorry, I look at a game and equate value and fun in tandem. This isn't a $60 videogame or $10 movie to weigh frivolously.

Pretty sure you're usually sarcastic, and abrasive in your comment style, but I never call that party pooping. I just accept it for your style, sans you often not making a direct point.

#1870 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Game looks cool but damn does Stern make some amatuer looking trailers compared to JJP. Then again JJP stopped making these types of trailers after Dialed In so maybe they cost too much to make. Probably easier and cheaper to make a basic trailer and let it be released on IGN for more exposure.

After watching both just now, I would say that the Stern video does a better job of showing the gameplay features. The JJP video is mainly watching a non pinball player flail and fluf quotes of "lighting fast pinball action" cheese.

#1871 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I've made varying points with each post, at least I hope I have.
The second post I made was defending my logic for being strongly downvoted for bringing up a point of poor sculpt quality for value's sake. And in doing so compared it to a game I own, which I'm not happy about either.
This last post was detailing how the collective we is rejoicing over a basic mech being used, that is as advanced as one decades ago.
Last night in the thread, I was pretty psyched. So.....I'm not allowed to discuss differing viewpoints in varied ways?
A thread only exists to not question and celebrate a consumer based product without blind cheerleading?
That kind of cheerleading, doesn't sound good to me.
I used some annual to head to MGC, then Helicon months later, to see Wonka unveiled then play it again firsthand. I posted photos that first day on site, and well....I'm not too keen on the game. So trying to create an opinion that doesn't simply glow, for a major multi thousand dollar purchase.....is a bad thing?
(By the way, I've thumbed up many people in this thread, for agreeing with their critiques, as well as their enthusiasm which they've expressed. All the while I have yet to downvote anyone for simply having a differing opinion. Crazy huh?)

Hey man I was just joshin ya bud. We all like what we like. You're entitled to your opinion.
It's only pinball baby MOSH ON.

#1872 4 years ago

Ordered JP2 today.

#1873 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Here's 9K, no you get 9K! No, you have summa this cash!!!!
Sorry, I look at a game and equate value and fun in tandem. This isn't a $60 videogame or $10 movie to weigh frivolously.
Pretty sure you're usually sarcastic, and abrasive in your comment style, but I never call that party pooping. I just accept it for your style, sans you often not making a direct point.

Haha. Truth be told that's a little song that my father in law sings to anyone leaving early. Just popped in my head. Have a drink on me bud and have a great weekend.

#1874 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

After watching both just now, I would say that the Stern video does a better job of showing the gameplay features. The JJP video is mainly watching a non pinball player flail and fluf quotes of "lighting fast pinball action" cheese.

I can see your point. The Stern JP trailer looks like their best trailer to date. It's nice that they have the "pro" and premium / LE" sections to them.

#1875 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Haha. Truth be told that's a little song that my father in law sings to anyone leaving early. Just popped in my head. Have a drink on me bud and have a great weekend.

What song? Do tell!

Hey man, I hope to see this at Helicon soon, and if not at Replay/FX.

I felt let down by Munsters, surprised by Black Knight....and really, the worst problem I ALWAYS want to have, is liking a game so much I'd want to buy it! I want that feeling here as well.

#1876 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Both have an up post there. Premium/LE have a AFM style motorized target bank in front of that.

Would not appear so on the Pro. No post.

JurassicPark-Pro-Details-04 (resized).jpgJurassicPark-Pro-Details-04 (resized).jpg
#1877 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

What song? Do tell!

Every party has a party pooper....thats why we invited you!
-sung to the tune "Dead Yuppies" by Agnostic Front

#1878 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Every party has a party pooper....thats why we invited you!
-sung to the tune "Dead Yuppies" by Agnostic Front

Damn. Now I have to look that song up, while spinning in a roll of TP, and sending a check express to Gary!

#1879 4 years ago

I'm curious about the raptor pen on the Pro too. Obviously you don't get the drop bank door in the front, and the up post. But instead of the up post there seems to be a wire gate inside the pen, about where the up post would be.

I don't see any reason for that to be a switch gate, there is already a raptor stand up target at the back to register a full shot hit at the rear of the pen. But if it's not a controlled gate, it can't be a regular one way gate either, unless the rear-left side of the pin is open and it returns the ball out through the control room lane.

Anyone have any thoughts on that?

You can clearly see the wire gate in the pro detail shot of the pen here.
e6d99df8c7d2d82643e245cff2589e1cfda00f71 (resized).jpge6d99df8c7d2d82643e245cff2589e1cfda00f71 (resized).jpg

#1880 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Would not appear so on the Pro. No post.[quoted image]

Any thoughts on if this is a controlled gate on the Pro to hold the ball vs. an up post? Or just a standard gate? Looks like there may be a piece of spring steel attached to it? And what is that area in the back left of the raptor pit?

Screenshot_20190726-194740 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190726-194740 (resized).png
#1881 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Game looks cool but damn does Stern make some amatuer looking trailers compared to JJP.

maybe cause its really that not important.

#1882 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I'm curious about the raptor pen on the Pro too. Obviously you don't get the drop bank door in the front, and the up post. But instead of the up post there seems to be a wire gate inside the pen, about where the up post would be.
I don't see any reason for that to be a switch gate, there is already a raptor stand up target at the back to register a full shot hit at the rear of the pen. But if it's not a controlled gate, it can't be a regular one way gate either, unless the rear-left side of the pin is open and it returns the ball out through the control room lane.
Anyone have any thoughts on that?
You can clearly see the wire gate in the pro detail shot of the pen here.
[quoted image]

Still looks like some kind of door or large drop target is there.

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 8.53.11 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-07-26 at 8.53.11 PM (resized).png
#1883 4 years ago

Looking closer, that gate seems to have a cutout in the top, with what looks like a piece of flat spring steel poking down. Perhaps this is a two way gate, merely intended to slow the ball down as it rebounds back off the target? A successful raptor shot might have been sailing back SDTM or something without that.

I think the door piece you're talking about is just art on the playfield - the feature matrix seems to indicate only the prem/le get the drop bank.

#1884 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

You hit upon the solution in your first post. A rubber accordion boot between the T-rex and the back wall. Not unlike how Disney hides the ugliness between cars on their monorail trains.
[quoted image]

Can we get one of these for Levi?

#1885 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Still looks like some kind of door or large drop target is there.[quoted image]

Looks flat to me I think that’s just the art on the pro in place of the drop bank on the Prem/LE.

#1886 4 years ago

To all the Deadpool LE owners, how cool will the side art from our DP be with JP? I think it would look pretty cool in keeping with the dinosaur theme.

#1887 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

To all the Deadpool LE owners, how cool will the side art from our DP be with JP? I think it would look pretty cool in keeping with the dinosaur theme.

I’m with you. I ordered the LE and it will sit next to my Deadpool LE.

#1888 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looks flat to me I think that’s just the art on the pro in place of the drop bank on the Prem/LE.

I'm worried about that. Not sure what the point of side stand-up targets are if the ball doesn't become contained in the Raptor pin.

#1889 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I'm worried about that. Not sure what the point of side stand-up targets are if the ball doesn't become contained in the Raptor pin.

Reminds me of the AMPsuit shot on Avatar it had two side targets and the main target under the AMPsuit, guessing this might work the same as that.

#1890 4 years ago

wait is that in thegame?

#1891 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I was wondering if it was a cheaper, large drop, as opposed to the motorized one on the Premium. That one makes it act like a newton ball when captured. Perhaps the Pro is just a drop.

#1892 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wait is that in thegame?

Love that scene. If that’s an indication, bring it on.

#1893 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I was wondering if it was a cheaper, large drop, as opposed to the motorized one on the Premium. That one makes it act like a newton ball when captured. Perhaps the Pro is just a drop.

Unfortunately looks like flat playfield art to me, one of the reasons I’m considering a Premium is the up/down bank just something satisfying about them, specially revealing the two side targets and centre target which is very similar to the AMP shot from Avatar which is a great shot, very satisfying.

#1894 4 years ago

It almost looks like on the pro, when you hit the raptor pen passed the gate, the ball comes down the left lane. Maybe the gate is just a diverter? Would be weird though since the premium feeds it straight back. There’s no reason for that gate otherwise, unless it’s controlled

#1895 4 years ago

I see one magnet on the pro and two magnets and the premium LE. I don’t know if I am missing something but I don’t see the magnets listed on the matrix spec sheet.

#1896 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Love that scene. If that’s an indication, bring it on.

seriously - if that's in the game, holy shit, that is impressive.

#1897 4 years ago

I'd like to pick up an LE.

Is there a distributor who will take a deposit that has free shipping for 9K?

#1898 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I see one magnet on the pro and two magnets and the premium LE. I don’t know if I am missing something but I don’t see the magnets listed on the matrix spec sheet.

They're up posts, not magnets. Prem/le has an extra up post in the raptor pen area. There are two line items about the up posts on the features matrix.

#1899 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

It almost looks like on the pro, when you hit the raptor pen passed the gate, the ball comes down the left lane. Maybe the gate is just a diverter? Would be weird though since the premium feeds it straight back. There’s no reason for that gate otherwise, unless it’s controlled

I thought about that, but there is a shot in the video if paused just right, where you can see the target at the end of the control room lane, and there is clearly no pass through from the raptor pen. It would be behind said target with the positioning...

Edit - screen grab attached. You can also see the piece of spring steel again on the gate. I think that gate is just to slow down the ball, but who knows at this point.
Screenshot_2019-07-26-22-04-30 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-26-22-04-30 (resized).png

#1900 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I am a pro buyer. I see a lot of people are torn on model choice because the t-rex doesn't eat the ball but that isnt really a selling point for me so much as the potential of the raptor pen. I'm more interested to see how the gameplay is over there than the t-rex. While I like the idea of having a model where the t-rex eat the ball, I think its ultimately going to be the raptor pen that affects my decision.
What crazy world am I now in where I'm wanting the weekend to end and looking forward to a Monday?

-In the pro it’s the butyrate plastic picture of a raptor. Gate doesn’t move. It looks like there’s a gate, because they had to fill the hole because the playfield is the same for all models. Standup target in the back.
-Prem/LE it has an up-post, so it will hold a ball there to act as a captive ball in certain situations, a gate that goes up and down, a molded raptor that does this little bend attack when hit (see the trailer).

The combination of the raptor, t-Rex, helicopter w lighting and just art in general funneled me to putting down the money on an LE today.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Inver Grove Heights, MN
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.