OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 73.
#1801 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'd rather NOT have movie clips. Although some amusing quotes might be nice.

Honestly I agree with this. I think the Jurassic Park property has moved into a greater "JP Universe" type setup at this point where Sam Neill and those two stupid annoying kids aren't necessary (or god forbid Chris Pratt). JP is about the dinos, the park, and cool vehicles/weapons/tools/traps. I'd rather the games immerse *me* in the world of JP rather than just following along to an old movie (which was inferior to the book anyway).

#1802 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but check out maybe the best Stern shooter knob yet! For Jurassic Park, Stern is making a shooter accessory that is the mosquito encased in amber just like the movie, AND IT LIGHTS UP to make it glow! Incredible and a must-have mod. (Pictures below with light on and off)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that real? Because the 1st two pics don’t look alike. Top has no lights and spring is flush to face plate. 2nd has lights on faceplate and spring goes to a raised area from faceplate instead of being flush with it. Would be great if real though!

#1803 4 years ago

I’m not a diehard fan of the JP theme (I did enjoy the original movie), but this looks amazing. Can’t wait to try one in person and I hope they will have them at Expo. If the game is as good as it looks, I might pickup a premium. I usually love picking up the LE, but I can’t justify the cost for a theme that isn’t my favorite. But I’m thinking this is going to be a lot of pinball and will be one of Sterns best.

#1804 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Because the 1st two pics don’t look alike.

They're the same thing. It's just hard to make out from the top view because of black on black.

#1805 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Those are millenials without money. Not all millenials are jobless poor snowflakes.

Some of us married well.

#1806 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Some of us married well.

What does that have to do with anything? Or do you mean with two salaries, there’s more disposable income that you can use to buy pinball machines. Sorry, not following?

#1807 4 years ago

Get your LE’s fast because the 500 will be gone soon!

#1808 4 years ago

Is there a Cliffy for the T-Rex’s mouth yet? (kidding, sort of)

#1809 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but check out maybe the best Stern shooter knob yet! For Jurassic Park, Stern is making a shooter accessory that is the mosquito encased in amber just like the movie, AND IT LIGHTS UP to make it glow! Incredible and a must-have mod. (Pictures below with light on and off)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It was nice having you STERN.

Monday PETA will violently storm their factory...

#1810 4 years ago

JPKS.pngJPKS.png

#1811 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What does that have to do with anything? Or do you mean with two salaries, there’s more disposable income that you can use to buy pinball machines. Sorry, not following?

I took it as him making a joke. A pretty funny one at that.

#1812 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

500 becomes 600

#1813 4 years ago

Impressive looking machine to say the least. Really nice to see some new designs and features.

#1815 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

I’m not a diehard fan of the JP theme (I did enjoy the original movie), but this looks amazing. Can’t wait to try one in person and I hope they will have them at Expo. If the game is as good as it looks, I might pickup a premium. I usually love picking up the LE, but I can’t justify the cost for a theme that isn’t my favorite. But I’m thinking this is going to be a lot of pinball and will be one of Sterns best.

They will have them at Pinburgh/Replay FX according to their email footer... and most certainly they'll be at Expo

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1816 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Now I can see a TD deciding to put a fat rubber on that post and creating all sorts of havoc ala Game of Thrones at nationals.

Oh my god, I 'm catching up, but I HAVE to comment on this. The year I went to Nationals as the TX rep, GOT was one of the three games I played in the first round. I don't know what the heck they did to that thing (everyone was too stunned to look closely), but between me and the other guy, we LITERALLY ended our game in under 3 minutes. Neither one of us even cleared 5 million points. Whatever they do at Nationals...it's so much worse than anything else I've seen. Apparently, the only skill valued there is shot accuracy, because if you even miss on a game set up the way that GOT was set up, you can forget about nudging, it's already gone, and the tilt is likely tight enough you can't really shake it out of an outlane.

Man, I was bitter as hell after that for a good long while.

#1817 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

So you'd rather pay $10,000 so the dinosaur can have a turtleneck? I dunno, your priorities are a bit whack.

Not at all my friend. Stern has to be selling these to distros for max 6K, and the BOM can't be more than $4500-5K for them.

So yes, for $9000.00 I expect a visual from a centerpiece mech that does NOT look like a floppy dong piece of plastic from a $20 toy I could nab at Target. No thanks.

#1818 4 years ago

LOL, I can’t even keep up with this thread.

#1819 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

LOL, I can’t even keep up with this thread.

I’ll sum it up for you:

It would look like a real dinosaur if it had an accordion on its neck.

#1820 4 years ago

The thing I'm most curious about are the differences between the raptor pen on the Pro versus Premium. The matrix says the Premium has a "Motorized up/down target guarding the Raptor pen (ball captured behind the target operates as a newton ball when the target is hit)" So, does the Pro have just a large drop target in its place? Or no door at all? Or is the "Motorized up/down target" really the steel post that's on on the Premium, and the whole Newton ball thing happens beyond that point, and the Pro has the same door as the Premium on the outside?

The stream can't come soon enough!

#1821 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The thing I'm most curious about are the differences between the raptor pen on the Pro versus Premium. The matrix says the Premium has a "Motorized up/down target guarding the Raptor pen (ball captured behind the target operates as a newton ball when the target is hit)" So, does the Pro have just a large drop target in its place? Or no door at all? Or is the "Motorized up/down target" really the steel post that's on on the Premium, and the whole Newton ball thing happens beyond that point, and the Pro has the same door as the Premium on the outside?
The stream can't come soon enough!

Both have an up post there. Premium/LE have a AFM style motorized target bank in front of that.

#1822 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ll sum it up for you: It would look like a real dinosaur if it had an accordion on its neck.

...or if Stern would put a turtleneck sweater on the dinosaur.

#1823 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

So yes, for noine thousand dollars I expect a visual from a centerpiece mech that does NOT look like a floppy dong piece of plastic from a $20 toy I could nab at Target. Definitely a bit of a stumble.

FTFY

#1824 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ll sum it up for you:
It would look like a real dinosaur if it had an accordion on its neck.

Dinosaurs and polka is my jam.

#1825 4 years ago

Well look who is getting a LE guys. Lol
Same schtick different day.

#1826 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Well look who is getting a LE guys. Lol
Same schtick different day.

Easy big boy.

#1827 4 years ago

3D modeling seems to be well made.

#1828 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

3D modeling seems to be well made.

Looks great. Based on his depiction on the playfield, I assume they must have signed a deal with Wayne Knight. Can't wait to see some of his animations.

#1829 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I think the article misses the point of the theme. I could be off base, who knows, maybe I'm missing the point of the theme and story.
A lot of people are wondering why just Nerdy, why there are no video assets etc. My take on all of this is that this is a NEW story set within the Jurrasic Park movie. The way I'm understanding is based on the available feature matrix (and the insert layout on the playfield), we the pinball player, are the rescue crew showing up to rescue staff and recapture dinosaurs. Thus it wouldn't make any sense to randomly drop scenes from the movie into the game for the most part. It also wouldn't make any sense for the rescue crew to use the "iconic Ford Explorer" because this vehicle was used in the movie for the tour across the park via the rail track and ran on electrical power to my recollection. Nerdy would still be a central figure because he's the cause of the chaos, thus him being the only character on the playfield and having sound on the game makes sense story-wise.

Isn't the story here that the entire movie already happened and you're now just part of the SWAT team in the end scene that gets flown in to shoot at everything that moves?

#1830 4 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Isn't the story here that the entire movie already happened and you're now just part of the SWAT team in the end scene that gets flown in to shoot at everything that moves?

That actually would be great!

#1831 4 years ago

So expected premium production and shipping is...October? What is the consensus?

#1832 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

So expected premium production and shipping is...October? What is the consensus?

In on Premium, this is what I heard as well.

#1833 4 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Nedry would be dead though so that doesn't make sense unless they retcon JP1 or it is like a computerized avatar of him?

#1834 4 years ago

Trailer with the "original" Jurassic Park main theme music in it...

...from everybodys favorite troll.

But I have to admit, I laughed my butt off.

#1835 4 years ago

Hate the theme, hate the prices at this point but this pin looks very intriguing and complex. Still going to wait on sideline until I REALLY play it.
I guess will try it next week at Replay)

#1836 4 years ago

The way the feature matrix reads the T-rex on the pro does nothing? I also see nothing about any rgb LEDs. I know its probably too late already ,but hey stern!, this is clearly a warm white GI theme and would seem an obvious nuance. You would not see cool fluorescent white lighting in a jungle. Please use warm whites (like sunshine) so I don't have to replace all the GI bulbs in my new $9000 game.

#1837 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Trailer with the "original" Jurassic Park main theme music in it...

...from everybodys favorite troll.
But I have to admit, I laughed my butt off.

Anyone else notice, he is not playing JP from the angle that shows his face? It looks like Congo!

#1838 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Anyone else notice, he is not playing JP from the angle that shows his face? It looks like Congo!

Oh shit!!!! Fire him D: ...!!!!!!

#1839 4 years ago

I'm impressed the teams at Stern keep churning out good games at this pace. The new artist did a great job and the mechs on the game look unique and fun.

Can't wait to see the Dead Flip stream monday!

#1840 4 years ago

And as usual, Stern knocks it out of the park once again! Keith Elwin is making a BIG BIG name for himself very quickly. This game is going to sell so big that its not even going to be funny. I bet the owners of these other pinball companies are shitting themselves about right now, if not they should be because this game just took away a shit ton of potential sales from them!

HOMERUN ALL THE WAY!!!

#1841 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Can't wait to see the Dead Flip stream monday!

Was there any word if it would be a Pro or Premium? Hoping for Premium!

#1842 4 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

in the world of JP rather than just following along to an old movie (which was inferior to the book anyway).

Yeah, its always more entertaining to read about a T rex causing havok that watching it do so on the big screen with great sound. That whole the book is better crap is just that crap. The PF looks much better than the pics in the video with Keith, Need to play it first but its looking like Pro for me.

#1843 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Was there any word if it would be a Pro or Premium? Hoping for Premium!

If we don't see the dinosaur eat the ball, we will burn Utica to the ground.

#1844 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

You would not see cool fluorescent white lighting in a jungle.

I tend to agree... but want to see it in person first.

#1845 4 years ago

Forgot the sarcasm emoji...

#1846 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This game is going to sell so big that its not even going to be funny. I bet the owners of these other pinball companies are shitting themselves about right now, if not they should be because this game just took away a shit ton of potential sales from them!
HOMERUN ALL THE WAY!!!

I can't help thinking of this scene where George Gomez is playing the part of Daniel Day Lewis.

Here is JJP who can't get out of their own way either by making games fast enough or by using proper assets or theme integration. I love JJP but they have made 5 pins in 8 years.

PotC they can not make enough of or make any profit if they did apparently. (edit if JJP could make more they would sell more but they don't want to).
TH a lot of people don't care for was a shit movie franchise to begin with.
Woz and DI is great but some people don't love the theme.
Wonka is half and half.

Anyway here is George Gomez talking to the other manufacturers.

#1847 4 years ago

I am a pro buyer. I see a lot of people are torn on model choice because the t-rex doesn't eat the ball but that isnt really a selling point for me so much as the potential of the raptor pen. I'm more interested to see how the gameplay is over there than the t-rex. While I like the idea of having a model where the t-rex eat the ball, I think its ultimately going to be the raptor pen that affects my decision.
What crazy world am I now in where I'm wanting the weekend to end and looking forward to a Monday?

#1848 4 years ago

The more I look at this game the better it looks, amazing how Keith can map out so many shots

#1849 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Oh shit!!!! Fire him D: ...!!!!!!

Just making a comment. Not saying anything neg. Be calm.

#1850 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Late September

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/37?hl=wmanningiv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.