OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 73.
#1751 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yup! Good eye.
Premium has at least 2 magnets (inlane and raptor cage).
Or it could be an up-post. There looks to be a little space around the metal/.

I count three up posts, all on left side.
0D70E4D6-7895-4BBC-9CC1-2343A2A44D4A.jpeg0D70E4D6-7895-4BBC-9CC1-2343A2A44D4A.jpeg88FF2D6C-E3AF-4B0A-87EB-D7356F5F55B9.png88FF2D6C-E3AF-4B0A-87EB-D7356F5F55B9.png

#1752 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Won't work for a real live dinosaur.

I believe the real live dinosaur only comes with the Super Limited Edition that won't be announced until after we've all bought the regular Limited Edition.

Speaking of real live dinosaurs... I did volunteer work as an educator at a major metropolitan zoo that brought in Animatronic dinosaurs back when they were relatively new. The name of the tour was "Dinosaurs Alive!" I kid you not, we had people who would go to Guest Services and demand refunds because the dinosaurs weren't actually alive.

#1753 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

"Sounds [and] speech from Nedry's character are in the game (Wayne Knight)."
TREMENDOUS.

#1754 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I believe the real live dinosaur only comes with the Super Limited Edition that won't be announced until after we've all bought the regular Limited Edition.
Speaking of real live dinosaurs... I did volunteer work as an educator at a major metropolitan zoo that brought in Animatronic dinosaurs back when they were relatively new. The name of the tour was "Dinosaurs Alive!" I kid you not, we had people who would go to Guest Services and demand refunds because the dinosaurs weren't actually alive.

LMAO beyond awesome

Pretty sure Stern distributors will be less forgiving in their refund policy.

#1755 4 years ago

Wait this really true Newman voice is in game? I was thinking it would be since they have his character in the game. Oh man that's fantastic

#1756 4 years ago

Possibly the first game in a long time that will require a shaker motor

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png
#1757 4 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Hi, I'm the author of this piece, and every other pinball news story in recent times on IGN. We never publish just a press release for Stern stuff. We always write an original news story with a hot take or two Usually we get an interview to pair it with, which is nice (check out the Black Knight announcement I did).
Speaking of interviews, I just updated this piece with some news about call-outs and use of movie clips:
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/07/26/first-images-video-of-jurassic-park-pinball-from-stern-2019

You’re a good man, Charlie Brown.

#1758 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Guess people got to complain about something. It just seems silly to complain about some exposed mech parts on a pinball machine or that something looks toy like. Yeah, that's pinball.

Kaneda was on his FB page complaining about the T-rex eating a screw...

"Stern needs to learn how to HIDE THE SCREWS! I mean the freaking T-Rex is eating a FREAKING SCREW. Come on...this is lazy."

67384062_2301168253478532_4616343949114605568_n (resized).jpg67384062_2301168253478532_4616343949114605568_n (resized).jpg

#1759 4 years ago

I guess a T-Rex probably eats whatever he wants to...

#1760 4 years ago

"Stern needs to learn how to HIDE THE SCREWS! I mean the freaking T-Rex is eating a FREAKING SCREW. Come on...this is lazy."
[quoted image]

His next podcast will be him trashing people complaining about visible screws and other details. "pinside babies" rant incoming.

#1761 4 years ago

Ignore this...

#1762 4 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Congrats to Keith Elwin and his team for what looks to be a rather refreshing and innovating game!

Interestingly, IGN - who I recall often just publishing Stern's standard press release - is surprisingly critical on this game and raising some valid questions.
The trailer doesn't show any footage from the movie, which made me wonder: if RawThrills would be doing a Jurassic Park-themed Arcade shooter game without any scenes from the movie, just shooting dinosaurs, are people complaining about the lack of movie footage? Or is that typical for the pinball community?

I think the article misses the point of the theme. I could be off base, who knows, maybe I'm missing the point of the theme and story.

A lot of people are wondering why just Nerdy, why there are no video assets etc. My take on all of this is that this is a NEW story set within the Jurrasic Park movie. The way I'm understanding is based on the available feature matrix (and the insert layout on the playfield), we the pinball player, are the rescue crew showing up to rescue staff and recapture dinosaurs. Thus it wouldn't make any sense to randomly drop scenes from the movie into the game for the most part. It also wouldn't make any sense for the rescue crew to use the "iconic Ford Explorer" because this vehicle was used in the movie for the tour across the park via the rail track and ran on electrical power to my recollection. Nerdy would still be a central figure because he's the cause of the chaos, thus him being the only character on the playfield and having sound on the game makes sense story-wise.

#1763 4 years ago

[quoted image]

Theres an opportunity for a mod, make it a screw cover that's the head of the lawyer that gets eaten. $50 a pop! Lol

#1764 4 years ago

Here is your millennial interest sampling:

2019-07-26 14_12_52-Window (resized).png2019-07-26 14_12_52-Window (resized).png
#1765 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Here is your millennial interest sampling:[quoted image]

Damn! four anonymous comments on the internet.

Better shelve this project Stern!

#1766 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

The way I'm understanding is based on the available feature matrix (and the insert layout on the playfield), we the pinball player, are the rescue crew showing up to rescue staff and recapture dinosaurs. Thus it wouldn't make any sense to randomly drop scenes from the movie into the game for the most part. It also wouldn't make any sense for the rescue crew to use the "iconic Ford Explorer" because this vehicle was used in the movie for the tour across the park via the rail track and ran on electrical power to my recollection. Nerdy would still be a central figure because he's the cause of the chaos, thus him being the only character on the playfield and having sound on the game makes sense story-wise.

Please stop doing things like looking at the available information and coming to sensible and reasonable conclusions. That has no place in this thread sir!

#1767 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Or at least learn IGN is not the right venue to advertise it.

#1768 4 years ago

Kaneda was on his FB page complaining about the T-rex eating a screw..

I would be fusstrated about that too...

#1769 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I already pre-ordered a premium and just thought it was funny. Thanks for being joyless

#1770 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Or at least learn IGN is not the right venue to advertise it.

It's a weird stern marketing partnership and they seem to be married to it.

#1771 4 years ago

Could this be a direction Stern is taking in the sense of using existing licenses but telling a new story in the world of these licenses. Deadpool is the same with an “original” story for the pinball machine. If that’s the case I think it may be kind of cool to play an original story in the universe of licenses that I enjoy.

#1772 4 years ago

I think it's apparent now that Stern should stop automatically offering the biggest themes to Ritchie. I mean I look at this JP design & think what would Elwin have done with Star Wars? He's proven himself in a very short amount of time to be a legitimate unique designer, and quite fankly deserving of the #1 spot at Stern.

I think the big difference is that Elwin seems to comes up with a comprehensive idea of rules & gameplay first. He designs the layout, mechs & targets to match those ideas, which creates a clear picture for the coders. I think Ritchie comes up with the design & overall flow first, then leaves it up to the coder to make a ruleset later on that uses the available playfield features. Two totally different ways of designing a game.

I mean I could be totally wrong about this, but I think when you come up with the overall ideas & rules first, you're going to have a more cohesive game overall in the end.

#1773 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'd rather NOT have movie clips. Although some amusing quotes might be nice.

Yep look at Stern PotC or TWD which has no movie call outs but it does a good job of the vibe of Pirates / TWD movies/TV show.

#1774 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I think they should of had some type of way to hide these zip ties / mechanics of the T-Rex neck area.. This image is taken right off Stern's website and also noticed it when the video was playing. Perhaps someone will mod almost like a cars shifter boot.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/JurassicPark-LE-Details-02-960x640.webp[quoted image]

Some plastic tree bushes wil do the trick.
It then looks he stick out his neck from the jungle.
And you won't see the guts of this beautiful mech.

#1775 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Look at the video preview between 24 - especially at the 27 second mark It's pretty obvious the mechanics are visible from a players perspective.
I'm sure someone will create a mod, It was pretty glaring to me when I noticed the video / and saw pictures. I mean the T-Rex was the focal point toy of the Data East game and to me it's also the focal point toy at on the new Stern one. They could have used plastic foliage (like a fake house plant this way it's pliable & wouldn't mess with the mechanics nor snap as opposed to if it was hard plastic etc)to hide it, or literally anything that's probably inexpensive (rubber / a car boot as I had stated earlier matching the rest of the T-Rex neck etc. I saw earlier in this thread someone posted some foliage mods; looking back on it perhaps that's actually needed to hide the mechanics of the main toy.
[quoted image]

Its shows that the dinos truly are autoerotica.

#1776 4 years ago

Looks like a fun game. 11 main shot lanes if I’m counting correctly:
Control room, Raptor cage, Tower, Left orbit, T-Rex, Spitter, Truck spinner, Amber/pop lane, Right ramp, Right orbit, Right scoop. Plus other targets. That seems like a lot of pinball.

#1777 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

When Mister_T_Bag speaks, Stern makes note and acts accordingly..

#1778 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Not gonna lie... that first one is a pretty solid comment. A+

#1779 4 years ago

I think people are finally burned out from so many new machines in a short time. The most enthusiastic fans for every theme will hype the game coming and going. And if many of those JP fans (who would be the most likely buyers) aren’t buying LE’s, but instead were settling for premium, does that signal demand for LE’s is shrinking? I realize sales have only been open for 1/2 a day, but will the LE’s sell out at distributors quickly or will they still be available at Christmas?

I am guessing LE’s sit for awhile just like for DP and BKSoR. Manufacturers should consider lowering the number of LE’s they make in the future. Capping production at 250, keeps them feeling limited. Today distributors started with 500 JP LE’s and we will see what happens.

Story of the day - A man with 25 pinball machines asks his wife if she thinks they should buy a new pinball, because it’s not like all the rest. And btw, it is an LE with all the bells and it costs $9k .... He wakes up in the hospital and can’t remember a thing. His face is bloody and and his body is heavily bandaged. When they get home he sees the 25 pins and becomes overjoyed knowing they are his. He is dancing around like a kid and life is great. His wife answers him,” no, I don’t think it would be such a good idea, do you?”

#1780 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Looks like a fun game. 11 main shot lanes if I’m counting correctly:
Control room, Raptor cage, Tower, Left orbit, T-Rex, Spitter, Truck spinner, Amber/pop lane, Right ramp, Right orbit, Right scoop. Plus other targets. That seems like a lot of pinball.

This is something I love about Maiden too, how many shots you can get while still being not too tight. The trick is the middle of field cross shots.

I’m likely in for the premium while the LE has some features we can add like shaker, glass and side art. The plaque and autograph are not worth anything to me. LE should stand out like ST or AcDc have.

#1781 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I think people are finally burned out. The most enthusiastic fans for every theme, hype the game coming and going. If many of those JP fans aren’t buying LE’s and are settling for Prem or pro or not buying the game at all, does that signal demand for LE’s is shrinking? Maybe time for all manufacturers to cap # LE’s at 250.

What is this guy talking about?

#1782 4 years ago

Is there a flip ramp (180 like alien and Octoberfest) on the left side with that blue looking tower? That would be sick of so.

#1783 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Is there a flip ramp (180 like alien and Octoberfest) on the left side with that blue looking tower? That would be sick of so.

Picture definitely looks like that’s what it is.

#1784 4 years ago

I mean the freaking T-Rex is eating a FREAKING SCREW.

You think that's bad, look at poor Axl. Explains the voice though.
axl (resized).jpgaxl (resized).jpg

#1785 4 years ago

No worries, I'll be taking those upper decker Dinos off as soon as it enters the house.

#1786 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Is there a flip ramp (180 like alien and Octoberfest) on the left side with that blue looking tower?

Yup, far right side too.

#1787 4 years ago

Don’t they put directions on shampoo bottles?

#1788 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I think the article misses the point of the theme. I could be off base, who knows, maybe I'm missing the point of the theme and story.
A lot of people are wondering why just Nerdy, why there are no video assets etc. My take on all of this is that this is a NEW story set within the Jurrasic Park movie. The way I'm understanding is based on the available feature matrix (and the insert layout on the playfield), we the pinball player, are the rescue crew showing up to rescue staff and recapture dinosaurs. Thus it wouldn't make any sense to randomly drop scenes from the movie into the game for the most part. It also wouldn't make any sense for the rescue crew to use the "iconic Ford Explorer" because this vehicle was used in the movie for the tour across the park via the rail track and ran on electrical power to my recollection. Nerdy would still be a central figure because he's the cause of the chaos, thus him being the only character on the playfield and having sound on the game makes sense story-wise.

Does this mean this won’t bring the movie to life?Wait until Kaneda finds out about this,the shit will hit the fan for sure

#1789 4 years ago

[quoted image]

We can't have a TRex eating a screw in pinball! This is serious business!

#1790 4 years ago

[quoted image]

I say screw him

#1791 4 years ago

The screw is actually a perfect mounting point for a Kaneda head mod.

#1792 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Those are millenials without money. Not all millenials are jobless poor snowflakes.

#1793 4 years ago

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but check out maybe the best Stern shooter knob yet! For Jurassic Park, Stern is making a shooter accessory that is the mosquito encased in amber just like the movie, AND IT LIGHTS UP to make it glow! Incredible and a must-have mod. (Pictures below with light on and off)

9F87902A-EFBF-48CF-901C-24DB997729BB (resized).jpeg9F87902A-EFBF-48CF-901C-24DB997729BB (resized).jpegAAF56849-F824-4005-B019-08A5B110364B (resized).jpegAAF56849-F824-4005-B019-08A5B110364B (resized).jpegCCD9545B-28D6-40B4-82BF-131E6A9CA42C (resized).jpegCCD9545B-28D6-40B4-82BF-131E6A9CA42C (resized).jpeg
#1794 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but check out maybe the best Stern shooter knob yet! For Jurassic Park, Stern is making a shooter accessory that is the mosquito encased in amber just like the movie, AND IT LIGHTS UP to make it glow! Incredible and a must-have mod. (Pictures below with light on and off)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WANT

#1795 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but check out maybe the best Stern shooter knob yet! For Jurassic Park, Stern is making a shooter accessory that is the mosquito encased in amber just like the movie, AND IT LIGHTS UP to make it glow! Incredible and a must-have mod. (Pictures below with light on and off)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ok, that actually is pretty cool. Nice job on the shooter rod.

#1796 4 years ago

I am impressed so far, I have to say.

Looks good, flow is good, packed with toys, offers a variety of shots, now lets just pray for the software.

"Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our code. Amen."

#1797 4 years ago

Now that’s a damn nice mod that people want

#1798 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I guess it must work since they keep doing it.

#1799 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe writer gets a sweet deal. From the bottom on the article.

"Samuel Claiborn is IGN's Managing Editor and both fixes and breaks pinball machines in his garage. TCELES B HSUP to follow him @Samuel_IGN on Twitter."

#1800 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

Maybe writer gets a sweet deal. From the bottom on the article.
"Samuel Claiborn is IGN's Managing Editor and both fixes and breaks pinball machines in his garage. TCELES B HSUP to follow him @Samuel_IGN on Twitter."

It's part of that "lifestyle brand" crap they are trying to pull off. Tapping into markets outside the traditional pinhead crowd.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.