OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 73.
#1701 4 years ago

This game is gonna eat bucks for fun on location

#1702 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

WOuldn't bother me I know it's not a real dinosaur.

owww but it is, It eats pinballs and spits em out!

#1703 4 years ago

Can’t wait to see this in person!!

#1704 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Like you said should be able to cover it up pretty easy if it bugs you. WOuldn't bother me I know it's not a real dinosaur.

Yeah I know they aren't REAL dinosaurs but, with that being said imagine if you saw the animitronics behind the scenes of Stan Winston Studios creation while watching the movie It would have ruined the imagination of Spielberg bringing dinosaurs to life. When I first saw Jurassic Park I was like whoa! this is incredible , just when Sam Neill / Grant says "How'd you do this!?"..... "Come I'll show you" - Hammond..... that's the feeling almost everyone got from watching that scene with the Brachiosaurus / entire movie for the first time. All I'm saying is that on a MAJOR focal point / main toy of the game Stern Pinball should have done a better job with hiding / masking the behind the scenes to make it more believable / magical. But again I'm SURE someone will come up with a simple mod to hide it.

Stan_Winston_Studios (resized).jpgStan_Winston_Studios (resized).jpg
#1705 4 years ago
Quoted from soapblox:

scoops, saucers, and subways just slow the game down and stop the flow. I think Elwin likes his flow. Just look at IMDN. Personally, I'll take flow all day over start-and-stop.

I like some pauses here and there. Gives me a second to catch my breath and think about my next shot(s) and strategy.

#1706 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I like some pauses here and there. Gives me a second to catch my breath and think about my next shot(s) and strategy.

Are you talking about this thread or the game !?

#1707 4 years ago

I'm usually a pro guy but the premium for this definitely seems to be the way to go! This game looks really promising, I can't wait to try it out.

#1708 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

When I first saw Jurassic Park I was like whoa! this is incredible , just when Sam Neill / Grant says "How'd you do this!?"..... "Come I'll show you" - Hammond..... that's the feeling almost everyone got from watching that scene with the Brachiosaurus / entire movie for the first time. All I'm saying is that on a MAJOR focal point / main toy of the game Stern Pinball should have done a better job with hiding / masking the behind the scenes to make it more believable / magical. But again I'm SURE someone will come up with a simple mod to hide it.[quoted image]

I just don't think it's realistic to expect that feeling of awe and wonder from a pinball machine mech/toy. Sticking a plastic bush in front of his neck isn't really gonna do that on this in my opinion.

#1709 4 years ago

I asked my 5 year old about a week ago if he thought a Jurassic Park pinball would be a cool game to have (he has never seen or heard of the Data East version). He said, "dad, that would be so super duper awesome, it would be my most favorite ever." Unprompted he went on to say, "it should have a T-Rex that eats the balls and spits them back out though,
otherwise it wont be as much fun." He also thought the T-Rex should poop the balls out too so there is that...

Guess I'm buying a premium.

Extra opinion - Elwin is a genius. Two games in a row he's brought truly novel and unique playfields and toys and integrated them into the theme exceptionally well. The Jeep toy/mech for being simple is sheer brilliance. Knowing his love for pinball, skill level, pride in deep and well thought out code, I cant see this being anything but an all time great. Can't wait to see game play and flip one first hand.

#1710 4 years ago

Black zip-tie. You're welcome.

#1711 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Black zip-tie. You're welcome.

It's not just the zip tie its the entire metal mechanical back portion is exposed is what I'm trying to address on the main toy of the game.

#1712 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

It's not just the zip tie its the entire metal mechanical back portion is exposed is what I'm trying to address on the main toy of the game.

We don't live in a screen shot world. When that thing is flopping around is it really going to distract you? Probably not. Focus on the tip and the shaft, not the base, you'll be fine.

#1713 4 years ago

LE's are gonna sell all 500 easy and fast I'm sure.

#1714 4 years ago

Anyone care to guess what the topper might be? Personally I’d love a mechanical set of Jurassic Park entrance gates with torch leds etc, plenty of dinos on the playfield.

#1715 4 years ago

Was just thinking, I'd love to see a modder use the existing Rex as a skeleton, create a molded latex sleeve to go over top of it. High quality paint work, molded scales and detail. LED eyes might be asking too much.

The latex could also extend and flatten out, cover the hole in the back.

I remember latex hand puppets as a kid, of monsters. It was amazing the texture and aesthetic even cheaply done latex could manage.

BOGLINS!!! Damn, these things were neat! I loved mine.

It would give it an earthier feeling, less matte. Maybe sell for $100 or so.

#1716 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

the entire metal mechanical back portion is exposed

Disassemble, paint flat black, reassemble. You'll never see it again. Unless you obsess over this kind of thing, in which case it'll keep you up at night, consumed by thoughts of a vantablack shroud covering the opening. I'm just gonna play & enjoy the game.

#1717 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It doesn't look that way at the first glance but while the Pro still looks great it lost a lot of interactivity.
No Raptor Cage Lock & Bashtoy, no horizontal Spinner, no animated T-Rex Head...

All the stuff that will break on location. Makes sense to leave them out of the Pro.

#1718 4 years ago

Hmm, I like the T-Rex on the premium, but I wonder if it will be a maintenance issue. It has a lot of movement and flopping around.

I think I will go Pro, I'm cheap anyway and $7k is a bit much for me. Tempted though...

Homerun either way, barring unexpectedly poor code or a callout disaster. I'm looking forward to having both of KMFE's masterpieces sitting next to each other.

#1719 4 years ago

Can I buy just the Trex?

#1720 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Can I buy just the Trex

No problemo

trex-decking-colors-870x489 (resized).jpgtrex-decking-colors-870x489 (resized).jpg
#1721 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Why should they spend valuable BoM dollars on that nonsense when the mod community will cover it for those who care?

I'd rather have more ball interactive stuff than cosmetic stuff.

#1722 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I can't fathom the BOM on these 9K games. For that extra leap of 3K, you'd think the pinball industry could afford better sculpts and detail.
Hot Toys makes outstanding toys for $230. Even something half this scale amd quality, should cost a consumer an extra $150 within that 3K difference, yet man look at Tortuga Tom in Pirates or the Raptor or Rex here.
Couple that with animations, (obviously can't tell much from this game yet) that on average seem really low scale/budget, and I don't know how we pay as much as we do for home owner use. It's a wacky industry for sure.....
Edit: Yes, downvote and keep paying for toys that look like Dollar General discount aisle pooh....and those excellent Shrinky Dinks on the Pro, let's not forget those either!
When I eat at McDonald's, I realize and am okay with making a choice to eat poorly. When I buy a game with a Tortuga Tom or $3 Jeep, I'm doing the same.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I agree. These games are not $500, $700, or $900 but rather $5,000+, $7,000+, and $9,000. Sometimes I wonder what the hell are we paying for when looking at new pins lol.

#1723 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I second Zach he is the best.

Man love is real!!!

#1724 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

This is one where you definitely need to go premium, a lot of extra bang for the buck.

For $2k more ? That's a lot of extra $$$$ for a few extra features...

#1725 4 years ago

I was going for an LE when I saw the first leaked pics.... but I don’t know now fellas, that green it is supposed to be a "Dinosaur Green", green because of the jungle or why Stern came up with that color? nice playfield too, except for that car that doesn’t look closer to the original one and the mechanics behind the neck of the dinosaur are the only things that ... I don’t know.

The PRO it is a winner for me, It looks 100% nice with that art to be honest IMO.

#1726 4 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

For $2k more ? That's a lot of extra $$$$ for a few extra features...

That's EVERY SINGLE LE/PRemium game Stern has made.

Those meager few extra features are always enough for the LE buyers.

#1727 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Why should they spend valuable BoM dollars on that nonsense when the mod community will cover it for those who care?

Everybody around here is a BOM expert except for actually considering why a BOM exists.

#1728 4 years ago

Congrats to Keith Elwin and his team for what looks to be a rather refreshing and innovating game!

Interestingly, IGN - who I recall often just publishing Stern's standard press release - is surprisingly critical on this game and raising some valid questions.

The trailer doesn't show any footage from the movie, which made me wonder: if RawThrills would be doing a Jurassic Park-themed Arcade shooter game without any scenes from the movie, just shooting dinosaurs, are people complaining about the lack of movie footage? Or is that typical for the pinball community?

#1729 4 years ago

Yeah, if the pin contained film actor audio and video it would be all over the press release. The game is based off a movie from 1993 so I don't understand why there's isn't actor audio / video assets. I could understand not getting those assets for Jurassic World but not for a movie that is 25+ years old? Come on Stern. Hopefully there's at least callouts by an actor from the original film.

#1730 4 years ago

I'd rather NOT have movie clips. Although some amusing quotes might be nice.

#1731 4 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Congrats to Keith Elwin and his team for what looks to be a rather refreshing and innovating game!

Interestingly, IGN - who I recall often just publishing Stern's standard press release - is surprisingly critical on this game and raising some valid questions.
The trailer doesn't show any footage from the movie, which made me wonder: if RawThrills would be doing a Jurassic Park-themed Arcade video game without any scenes from the movie, just shooting dinosaurs, are people complaining about the lack of movie footage? Or is that typical for the pinball community?

Hi, I'm the author of this piece, and every other pinball news story in recent times on IGN. We never publish just a press release for Stern stuff. We always write an original news story with a hot take or two Usually we get an interview to pair it with, which is nice (check out the Black Knight announcement I did).

Speaking of interviews, I just updated this piece with some news about call-outs and use of movie clips:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/07/26/first-images-video-of-jurassic-park-pinball-from-stern-2019

#1732 4 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Hi, I'm the author of this piece, and every other pinball news story in recent times on IGN. We never publish just a press release for Stern stuff. We always write a news story with a hot take or two. Usually we get an original interview to pair it with, which is nice (check out the Black Knight announcement I did).
Speaking of interviews, I just updated this piece with some news about call-outs and use of movie clips:
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/07/26/first-images-video-of-jurassic-park-pinball-from-stern-2019

#1733 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I want ALL the nonsense I can get, when I pay thousands for a gratuitous purchase. So. Much. Nonsense!

And what he suggested is more practical than high cost, I'd figure.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everybody around here is a BOM expert except for actually considering why a BOM exists.

I certainly expect BOM + overhead of employees, designer salaries, etc. Clearly BOM isn't say 3K, and then it's all Scrooge McDuck like money grabbing in Uncle Gary's vault. I do understand and respect that.

But I am an expert for my own wallet. What I value for price, craftsmanship, design, etc. And we all have validity in both criticizing and praising these games we love, or hope to love.

It's not all gray.

Though....my wallet needs to grow some mold on it, at some point. I buy too much shit!

#1734 4 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

The trailer doesn't show any footage from the movie, which made me wonder: if RawThrills would be doing a Jurassic Park-themed Arcade video game without any scenes from the movie, just shooting dinosaurs, are people complaining about the lack of movie footage? Or is that typical for the pinball community?

I'm probably in the minority, but Jurassic Park to me is more about the original novel than the adapated movie. The movie was fantastic by all means, but i dont need rehashed movie clips and the same old audio quips to keep me excited. I just want a freakin dinosaur themed pinball machine with good shots, good rules, good art, and good sound. The original Data East was close but missed wide on a couple of those.

#1735 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I agree. These games are not $500, $700, or $900 but rather $5,000+, $7,000+, and $9,000. Sometimes I wonder what the hell are we paying for when looking at new pins lol.

It's a niche hobby, so we pay market-driven prices to support a scalable business with margins and bills of material that ensure longterm sustainability. Not a satisfying answer, but there it is.

It's nice to think about getting lots of extra stuff because a manufacturer isn't mindful of margins, but we've seen how that plays out!

#1736 4 years ago

Hi, I'm the author of this piece, and every other pinball news story in recent times on IGN. We never publish just a press release for Stern stuff. We always write an original news story with a hot take or two Usually we get an interview to pair it with, which is nice (check out the Black Knight announcement I did).

Did they hire the actor to do ALL of the actual callouts? Or did they just snip stuff from the movie and then fill in pinball related callouts like "Jackpot" with a sound-alike?

#1737 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I want ALL the nonsense I can get, when I pay thousands for a gratuitous purchase.

So you'd rather pay $10,000 so the dinosaur can have a turtleneck? I dunno, your priorities are a bit whack.

#1738 4 years ago

"Sounds [and] speech from Nedry's character are in the game (Wayne Knight)."

TREMENDOUS.

#1739 4 years ago

Cold shot man, I mean you took the joke in a whole different direction

#1740 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

All I'm saying is that on a MAJOR focal point / main toy of the game Stern Pinball should have done a better job with hiding / masking the behind the scenes to make it more believable / magical. But again I'm SURE someone will come up with a simple mod to hide it.

You hit upon the solution in your first post. A rubber accordion boot between the T-rex and the back wall. Not unlike how Disney hides the ugliness between cars on their monorail trains.

Monorail (resized).jpgMonorail (resized).jpg

#1741 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

You hit upon the solution in your first post. A rubber accordion boot between the T-rex and the back wall. Not unlike how Disney hides the ugliness between cars on their monorail trains.
[quoted image]

Dinosaurs don't have accordion necks!!!!

Works for a monorail. Won't work for a real live dinosaur.

#1742 4 years ago

Thanks for chiming in. I must have been thinking about a different website. My apologies for that misassumption.

#1743 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Focus on the tip and the shaft, not the base, you'll be fine.

I was just saying this to my wife last night...

#1744 4 years ago

So what's the anticipated release date for prem as I think they're the last to be released

#1745 4 years ago

I wonder if the video of the T-Rex was sped up? If it really operates at that speed that is fantastic and won't result in long delays like the original JP game did. But my money is on it being a lot slower in real life...

#1746 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So what's the anticipated release date for prem as I think they're the last to be released

I was told LE estimated ship date is late September. I'm guessing for the Premiums sometime in October?

#1747 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What's the standard delay? Around 2 months?

Whatever always happens will probably happen. WHich is great cause we'll be seeing pros in the street in 2 weeks or so.

Amazing isn't it?

#1748 4 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

The trailer doesn't show any footage from the movie, which made me wonder: if RawThrills would be doing a Jurassic Park-themed Arcade shooter game without any scenes from the movie, just shooting dinosaurs, are people complaining about the lack of movie footage? Or is that typical for the pinball community?

Raw Thrills does have a sit down 2 player shooter just like Walking Dead, Transformers etc. the art for the pin looks similar to the game

#1749 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What's the standard delay? Around 2 months?
Whatever always happens will probably happen. WHich is great cause we'll be seeing pros in the street in 2 weeks or so.
Amazing isn't it?

In 2 weeks I won't care anymore. I need this yesterday.

#1750 4 years ago

Guess people got to complain about something. It just seems silly to complain about some exposed mech parts on a pinball machine or that something looks toy like. Yeah, that's pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/35?hl=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.