OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 73.
#1651 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

The pro eats quarters. I wanna feed it!

Madison Pinball will be getting one. We should plan a day for you to come visit once it arrives. You can even come over to my house on the trip and GC all my games so I have something to yell about.

#1652 4 years ago

I can't fathom the BOM on these 9K games. For that extra leap of 3K, you'd think the pinball industry could afford better sculpts and detail.

Hot Toys makes outstanding toys for $230. Even something half this scale amd quality, should cost a consumer an extra $150 within that 3K difference, yet man look at Tortuga Tom in Pirates or the Raptor or Rex here.

Couple that with animations, (obviously can't tell much from this game yet) that on average seem really low scale/budget, and I don't know how we pay as much as we do for home owner use. It's a wacky industry for sure.....

Edit: Yes, downvote and keep paying for toys that look like Dollar General discount aisle pooh....and those excellent Shrinky Dinks on the Pro, let's not forget those either!

When I eat at McDonald's, I realize and am okay with making a choice to eat poorly. When I buy a game with a Tortuga Tom or $3 Jeep, I'm doing the same.
PD1338783613CKQ (resized).jpgPD1338783613CKQ (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190726-124424_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190726-124424_YouTube (resized).jpg

#1653 4 years ago

Would be cool if the game could keep track of the direction the jeep was pointing and award bonuses for shots sent to the ramps or lanes it was facing. Would make for some unique strategy of re-positioning the jeep before starting a mode.

#1654 4 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

...which make up almost zero of the playing public and not even a majority of buyers.

well frankly a majority of the playing public and buyers are middle-aged, balding, white men.

like i said... BOOBS.

#1655 4 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Jeep - Spinning ball/spring looks like over time it will wear down the clear coat, uneven wear.

Why do you think the balls are even on the PF? It's hard connected to the shaft.. they could be above the PF surface.

#1656 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You can even come over to my house on the trip and GC all my games so I have something to yell about.

Doubtful! If I recall correctly, you made A division at Pinburgh while I was stuck in C division.

#1657 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Stern’s having an excellent year... except for Munsters.
Elvira will probably come out around Expo, so that’s 4 for this year. Likely Brian Eddy’s next game (TMNT?) will be another CES reveal.
Plus another JJP offering in December. Crazy good year for pinball

this has been a dynamite few YEARS for pinball. What a time!

#1658 4 years ago

Recently swore I’d never order before playing a game. Oh well just put a deposit on a LE. Can not wait to get it!

#1659 4 years ago

I was in on a premium before the official reveal, and after the official reveal I am still totally in on a premium. Already placed my order, cannot wait!

#1660 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Madison Pinball will be getting one. We should plan a day for you to come visit once it arrives. You can even come over to my house on the trip and GC all my games so I have something to yell about.

Quoted from yancy:

Doubtful! If I recall correctly, you made A division at Pinburgh while I was stuck in C division.

You're both sandbagging.

#1661 4 years ago

ok that Jeep newton ball mech is super clever and I'm kind of shocked we haven't seen it quite like that before. Great job.

#1662 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

you are right. I am way better at pinball than you. If you make A this year, then consider it an open invite to come wreck havoc on my GCs

#1663 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you are right. I am way better at pinball than you. If you make A this year, then consider it an open invite to come wreck havoc on my GCs

Pssst, he’s not going this year. #hollowpromises

#1664 4 years ago

I can’t see paying that much extra for the LE hardly anything extra. Likely for me the premium or pro.

#1665 4 years ago

I think they should of had some type of way to hide these zip ties / mechanics of the T-Rex neck area.. This image is taken right off Stern's website and also noticed it when the video was playing. Perhaps someone will mod almost like a cars shifter boot.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/JurassicPark-LE-Details-02-960x640.webp

Stern_Jurassic_Park_T-REX (resized).pngStern_Jurassic_Park_T-REX (resized).png
#1666 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You’re talking art dude. Not theme integration. Any moron can agree that hand drawn art is better than photo shop. The rules were fixed. And X-MEN is fucking loaded. So why do LEs sell in the 4’s? You know why, because nobody gives a rats fucking ass about comic books (X-men or otherwise) aside from cool art.
Do comic books talk? Do they have a soundtrack? Do they have MASS CULTURAL APPEAL and iconic status? I’ll answer for you. No, they don’t. You know what do? Movie franchises. People fucking lose their shit over the good ones. They gross billions of dollars in days.
I feel I’m arguing with double digit IQs tonight.

Straight out of the Dr. Frightener handbook?

#1667 4 years ago

Noone made a trailer with the original score yet?

#1668 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

ACNC is every bit the quality of a modern Stern...and better coded than most. Stop trolling Spooky every chance you get.

i respectfully disagree. the ACNC playfield, gameplay, and current code have shortcomings people cant/dont care to see/admit. comments by others imply that the game shoots poorly/difficult and that the code is actually shallow and wish there was more to do than basically start and play 9 monster modes.

the communitys definition of what constitutes 'trolling' is a moving target, with a low, or even no, bar at times when applied to some of us, while seemingly nonexistent for others.

movingtarget03.gifmovingtarget03.gif

Quoted from gliebig:

Have you ever typed anything remotely useful or intelligent?

i used to. i registered, in part, to discuss game design. that seems to offend more people that be of interest to them. my earliest posts were once deemed to be 'good research'. over time they eventually became classified as 'trolling'. go figure. i cant control how a few people overreact when faced with reality and common sense. while i still believe i have worthwhile contributions to make, im just not convinced they are worth the effort.

gliebig, as a regular reader of this site, arent you able to see how few constructive posts are actually made? the majority are just silliness, speculation, or shallow in content. its not fair to single anyone out. go back over your own history.

#1669 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I think they should of had some type of way to hide these zip ties / mechanics of the T-Rex neck area.. This image is taken right off Stern's website and also noticed it when the video was playing. Perhaps someone will mod almost like a cars shifter boot.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/JurassicPark-LE-Details-02-960x640.webp

Good call. Mods will be plentiful for this title

#1670 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Straight out of the Dr. Frightener handbook?

Naw he doens't mention JJP at all

#1672 4 years ago

Never done a NIB before.

If I were to pick one up with one of those “show rates” where you let a distributor exhibit it, how much are they usually?

#1673 4 years ago

in case anyone is interested, i compiled all the High-Res images into a handy zip file, enjoy

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PxcKAz-PmBmpGhEQFRLmy8k8pkpWCtmV/view?usp=sharing

#1674 4 years ago

It doesn't look that way at the first glance but while the Pro still looks great it lost a lot of interactivity.

No Raptor Cage Lock & Bashtoy, no horizontal Spinner, no animated T-Rex Head...

#1675 4 years ago
Quoted from thejacko1010:

in case anyone is interested, i compiled all the High-Res images into a handy zip file, enjoy
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PxcKAz-PmBmpGhEQFRLmy8k8pkpWCtmV

Won’t open for me.

#1676 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

i respectfully disagree. the ACNC playfield, gameplay, and current code have shortcomings people cant/dont care to see/admit. comments by others imply that the game shoots poorly/difficult and that the code is actually shallow and wish there was more to do than basically start and play 9 monster modes.
the communitys definition of what constitutes 'trolling' is a moving target, with a low, or even no, bar at times when applied to some of us, while seemingly nonexistent for others.
[quoted image]

i used to. i registered, in part, to discuss game design. that seems to offend more people that be of interest to them. my earliest posts were once deemed to be 'good research'. over time they eventually became classified as 'trolling'. go figure. i cant control how a few people overreact when faced with reality and common sense. while i still believe i have worthwhile contributions to make, im just not convinced they are worth the effort.
gliebig, as a regular reader of this site, arent you able to see how few constructive posts are actually made? the majority are just silliness, speculation, or shallow in content. its not fair to single anyone out. go back over your own history.

#1677 4 years ago

For the record, (what a dumb saying) I don't mind at all helping the industry thrive, and profit while doing so. I just feel we deserve higher quality aspects in games, for higher priced models.

I don't feel expecting high quality for high pricing is unfair to request/expect as a consumer.

#1678 4 years ago

okay , the link should work now

#1679 4 years ago
Quoted from Slips:

Never done a NIB before.
If I were to pick one up with one of those “show rates” where you let a distributor exhibit it, how much are they usually?

Usually a few hundred dollars discount. Check with ZMeny at Flip N Out pinball

#1680 4 years ago

So some fun watching the trailer video closely...

Anyone notice what appears to be ZERO saucers on the game? He's using up posts where we'd normally see saucers (like the control room)

Looks to be zero subways in the game? Everything is up top! Could be a way they've been able to shift BOM credits around to more fun on top!

People comment about T-rex or newton ball wear.. But the jump ramp shooter lane feed will probably wear quicker . Or how about that spiral ramp drop into the orbit?

The shooter lane feeding the U-turn scoop... and the same scoop being shootable from the PF? That's pretty cool!

Notice the layered backboard WITH lighting??

REAL POP BUMPER TOPS! Not plastic tops with LEDs popping through! (ok, sorry Pro.. looks like you still have the ugly f@$%ers)

The game in the video appears to have silicon style rubber on posts, rings, etc... (except the upper right flipper...)

Who can tell where the left orbit (just north of the tower, and between the t-rex ramp) goes? The center spinner shot.. this shot.. and the feed under the spiral habit trail are maybe all one common big orbit at the far back?

The right ramp feeds the spiral which feeds down to the PF itself in the orbit. Hasn't it been awhile since we've seen a ramp+return feed back to the PF surface like that? It should make for some real fun combo action too... right ramp... delay... upper flipper to tower, orbit, etc.

Notice none of the signs have their bulbs protruding through as we normally see? Are we seeing some different bulb setup here, or maybe small board mounted LEDs?

The matrix mentions 'ez slide' rails. Are they talking the PF supports, or are they incorporating what backalley did to improve the actual slide mech so we don't have the harsh bump stop at the end?

This game looks killer from what we see so far. My biggest concern playing is going to be that big massive open area down low, and everything being so far at the back. During multiball that can be tough! Can't wait to see how it actually feels shooting.

I think there's a new King in town...

#1681 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/JurassicPark-LE-Details-02-960x640.webp[quoted image]

How do you plan on getting your head all the way up there into the cabinet to see that?

#1682 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Looks to be zero subways in the game? Everything is up top! Could be a way they've been able to shift BOM credits around to more fun on top!

Are you familiar with Stern machines?

#1683 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Usually a few hundred dollars discount. Check with zmeny at Flip N Out pinball

I second Zach he is the best.

#1684 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Are you familiar with Stern machines?

I know they've shyed away from them (using saucers that just kick back) - but they've been there in some. But here, no saucers OR subways or Scoops below the PF... I'm wondering the motivation behind the choices. Could it be fitting better to the node board capacities in some way? Either way, it's an interesting twist compared to other designs they've done.

#1685 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So some fun watching the trailer video closely...
Anyone notice what appears to be ZERO saucers on the game? He's using up posts where we'd normally see saucers (like the control room)
People comment about T-rex or newton ball wear.. But the jump ramp shooter lane feed will probably wear quicker . Or how about that spiral ramp drop into the orbit?
The shooter lane feeding the U-turn scoop... and the same scoop being shootable from the PF? That's pretty cool!
Notice the layered backboard WITH lighting??
REAL POP BUMPER TOPS! Not plastic tops with LEDs popping through! (ok, sorry Pro.. looks like you still have the ugly f@$%ers)
The game in the video appears to have silicon style rubber on posts, rings, etc... (except the upper right flipper...)
Who can tell where the left orbit (just north of the tower, and between the t-rex ramp) goes? The center spinner shot.. this shot.. and the feed under the spiral habit trail are maybe all one common big orbit at the far back?
The right ramp feeds the spiral which feeds down to the PF itself in the orbit. Hasn't it been awhile since we've seen a ramp+return feed back to the PF surface like that? It should make for some real fun combo action too... right ramp... delay... upper flipper to tower, orbit, etc.
Notice none of the signs have their bulbs protruding through as we normally see? Are we seeing some different bulb setup here, or maybe small board mounted LEDs?
The matrix mentions 'ez slide' rails. Are they talking the PF supports, or are they incorporating what backalley did to improve the actual slide mech so we don't have the harsh bump stop at the end?
This game looks killer from what we see so far. My biggest concern playing is going to be that big massive open area down low, and everything being so far at the back. During multiball that can be tough! Can't wait to see how it actually feels shooting.
I think there's a new King in town...

Things are made little different on the premium/le bc of the way t rex throws the ball around . They made things stronger and less likely to break/fall out on the premium/le.

#1686 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I know they've shyed away from them (using saucers that just kick back) - but they've been there in some. But here, no saucers OR subways or Scoops below the PF... I'm wondering the motivation behind the choices. Could it be fitting better to the node board capacities in some way? Either way, it's an interesting twist compared to other designs they've done.

scoops, saucers, and subways just slow the game down and stop the flow. I think Elwin likes his flow. Just look at IMDN. Personally, I'll take flow all day over start-and-stop.

#1687 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Looks to be zero subways in the game? Everything is up top!

Absolutely love both of these design decisions. Stop the ball when you need to, flow when you don't. No saucer rejects. And don't hide the ball from me. TZ with a bunch of scoops that all feed the slot machine kickout? Lazy design.

#1688 4 years ago

Just catching up to all this.....

Wow. Just wow. Really happy with what I'm seeing here. For me premium ALL the way on this one. That Trex not only eating then placing the ball on the wf but also tossing it sometimes not only looks great but introduced some variety.

No interest in LE as the art on this game isn't great so don't see the real need.

Super excited to see the stream. Hopefully they get the premium going too. I even liked the music in the reveal.

Elwin really bringing it. Great job this far Stern. Code hits and I'm prem down payment

#1689 4 years ago

Everything looks great so far, pls have a good code. That makes it or breaks it for me.

#1690 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

How do you plan on getting your head all the way up there into the cabinet to see that?

Look at the video preview between 24 - especially at the 27 second mark It's pretty obvious the mechanics are visible from a players perspective.

I'm sure someone will create a mod, It was pretty glaring to me when I noticed the video / and saw pictures. I mean the T-Rex was the focal point toy of the Data East game and to me it's also the focal point toy at on the new Stern one. They could have used plastic foliage (like a fake house plant this way it's pliable & wouldn't mess with the mechanics nor snap as opposed to if it was hard plastic etc)to hide it, or literally anything that's probably inexpensive (rubber / a car boot as I had stated earlier matching the rest of the T-Rex neck etc. I saw earlier in this thread someone posted some foliage mods; looking back on it perhaps that's actually needed to hide the mechanics of the main toy.
Stern_Jurassic_Park_T-REX_2 (resized).pngStern_Jurassic_Park_T-REX_2 (resized).png

#1691 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

When are we getting a Monty Python and the Holy Grail pin? The rabbit better eat the ball...

I'm holding out for a pair of african (or european) hummingbirds to carry the ball from one area to another (eg. just like the flying monkey in WoZ)

#1692 4 years ago

So far everything looks great to me, but I'm going to wait for the brownhornet to tell me if I should purchase or not.

I'm impressed with what I see. Can't wait to see it in action!

#1693 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Trolls gotta troll. Honestly curious, is there anyone else with over 2,000 votes who has a lower up / down rating?

the site doesnt need another scoreboard watcher or hilton-esque drivel. how about some reality?

luke, working side by side with charlie, didnt you know all summer/fall 2018, that despite charlies continued instance that ACNC games were forthcoming, that the true status/situation was they were not?
scoreboardwatcher (resized).jpgscoreboardwatcher (resized).jpg

#1694 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Everything looks great so far, pls have a good code. That makes it or breaks it for me.

See what happens, but if it's the same setup as Maiden, and Elwin is bringing rule ideas to the programmer that he designed the playfield to use then I suspect it's going to be great.

This is the first new Stern in a while that I'm really curious to play. Not bashing any other game, but I just haven't got had that feeling of looking at a bunch of stuff and just wanting to interact with it like this recently. It just feels like there's a lot going on visually. I would definitely stop and play this on location as a casual player walking by.

#1695 4 years ago

Looks awesome. Way better than I'd have imagined. Stern is definitely doing great work.

#1696 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Look at the video preview between 24 - especially at the 27 second mark It's pretty obvious the mechanics are visible from a players perspective.
I'm sure someone will create a mod, It was pretty glaring to me when I noticed the video / and saw pictures.

Like you said should be able to cover it up pretty easy if it bugs you. WOuldn't bother me I know it's not a real dinosaur.

#1697 4 years ago

Great looking game, Keith and team did it again--although (I know I'm in the minority here) I wish it was Godzilla. No way we'll see that for a long time now.

#1698 4 years ago

How about instead of fake plants we use a beaded curtain like Greg Brady's groovy attic?

Wait, how aboot sexy chain curtains like Stern Playboy?

#1699 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

It's pretty obvious the mechanics are visible from a players perspective.

I'm sure someone will create a mod,

Turtleneck sweater

zzzz1556634591224-Screen-Shot-2019-04-30-at-102950-AM (resized).pngzzzz1556634591224-Screen-Shot-2019-04-30-at-102950-AM (resized).png
#1700 4 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

Recently swore I’d never order before playing a game. Oh well just put a deposit on a LE. Can not wait to get it!

Apparently LE's are selling out fast!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/34?hl=abagwell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.