OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 73.
#1601 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Man, who cares? Buy $100 worth of replacements that will last a lifetime.

It's just like Ian Malcom says in the dumb sequel...

Yeah, there's all this awe and wonder, but then there comes the running and the screaming and the breaking plastics.

It's CHAOS gang. Just gonna have to accept it.

#1602 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Sooooo what happened with Black Knight oh wise one ?

Easy! As an original theme it was a huge risk so they hedged their bets with an empty pro.

#1603 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Have you ever typed anything remotely useful or intelligent?

Trolls gotta troll. Honestly curious, is there anyone else with over 2,000 votes who has a lower up / down rating?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1604 4 years ago

Why does the Jeep have truck nuts?

66791059_10157591286184244_9188334410913546240_o (resized).jpg66791059_10157591286184244_9188334410913546240_o (resized).jpg
#1605 4 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Why does the Jeep have truck nuts?[quoted image]

Watch the video. It’s a nifty rotating mech.

#1606 4 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Why does the Jeep have truck nuts?[quoted image]

Based on the video the first ball looks to be mounted from under the playfield. It acts as a Newton ball which pivots the other ball from left to right. I think "free motion" like that is still underutilized in pinball. If I ever designed a machine, I would want to utilize those pop targets from Elvira, Cactus Canyon, etc.

#1607 4 years ago

#1608 4 years ago

I hope they made that jeep to take impacts. It looks like it could be a little vulnerable to cracking.

#1609 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Trolls gotta troll. Honestly curious, is there anyone else with over 2,000 votes who has a lower up / down rating?
[quoted image]

#1610 4 years ago

Just a few opinions please don't be upset.

Trex rampage - I foresee some plastic's getting broken when he tosses it (pop bumper caps), including some serious playfield dimpling, possible wire form damage.

Jeep - Spinning ball/spring looks like over time it will wear down the clear coat, uneven wear.

Pro lacks a lot, the prem/LE interactive toys go the extra mile, I don't see the value in a pro at MSRP. reminds of Ghostbusters but no fliper gap or mag slings & much better flow.

Lastly, its 2019. Spiked 2 been around for a little bit, I do wish there was more, more RGB, interactive GI like StarWars, I mean they already have LED's use them. I would have liked to see more JP Movie assets included in the JP Matrix authentic movie sounds, raptor and Trex sounds are needed, who knows it might be in there just not listed. Only having the Music score is good, the Jurassic theme song is ionic but I needed just a little more for Prem price around $7,600.

ultimately I am gonna pass on this pin, would love to play it looks fun.

#1611 4 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Jeep - Spinning ball/spring looks like over time it will wear down the clear coat, uneven wear.

I doubt the rotating ball is touching the play field. That would be ridiculous.

#1612 4 years ago

Just a few opinions please don't be upset.
Trex rampage - I foresee some plastic's getting broken when he tosses it (pop bumper caps), including some serious playfield dimpling, possible wire form damage.
Pro lacks a lot, the prem/LE interactive toys go the extra mile, I don't see the value in a pro at MSRP. reminds of Ghostbusters but no fliper gap or mag slings & much better flow.
Lastly, its 2019. Spiked 2 been around for a little bit, I do wish there was more, like RGB (or RGB arrows, something!), interactive GI like StarWars, I mean they already have LED's use them. I would have liked to see more JP Movie assets included in the JP Matrix authentic movie sounds, raptor and Trex sounds are needed, who knows it might be in there just not listed. Only having the Music score is good, the Jurassic theme song is ionic but I needed just a little more for Prem price around $7,600.
ultimately I am gonna pass on this pin, would love to play it looks fun.

There are rgb arrows. You can also see the insert in the raptor area changing colors in the video.

#1613 4 years ago

The feature matrix did it mention the color lightning effects at all?

#1614 4 years ago

Hard pass here!!

#1615 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thinking they just consider it standard now, or just forgot to list it.

#1616 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe the rgb inserts are on all three and didn’t warrant a special callout?

#1617 4 years ago

So a PRO on location in about two weeks? (please!)

#1618 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

There are rgb arrows. You can also see the insert in the raptor area changing colors in the video.

I do see it in the Raptor cage now thanks. I see why I missed it, didn't stand out at all to me.

#1619 4 years ago

double post sorry

#1620 4 years ago

Looks like the home run I thought it would be.

What are people complaining about? Art? Missing dino mech on Pro? Pretty thin gruel.

#1621 4 years ago

Stern will install Mylar under that area.

#1622 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I doubt the rotating ball is touching the play field. That would be ridiculous.

So I re watched the jeep spinning over and over and over LOL, the ball is touching the play field in every shot I could see, possible pre-production PF but I doubt it.

#1623 4 years ago
Quoted from soapblox:

So a PRO on location in about two weeks? (please!)

typically 3-5 weeks depending on game

#1624 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

And as much as I enjoy Elvira... I think the Jurassic Park theme has MUCH more appeal to a wider audience.

Umm, you THINK?

#1625 4 years ago

Man, this game looks awesome, I haven't been this excited about a new Stern in a while! I'm just curious what the sound and animations are like. I'm hoping they don't just throw the movie soundtrack in the game like Star Wars. The Jurassic Park soundtrack is fantastic, but it doesn't fit pinball. Would be awesome if they got Brian Schmidt to do a modern take on the Data East JP soundtrack.

#1626 4 years ago

So I re watched the jeep spinning over and over and over LOL, the ball is touching the play field in every shot I could see, possible pre-production PF but I doubt it.

Ok - fine. Here are still frames from the video. In the first one you can clearly see that the ball-on-spring is higher than the other ball.

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 11.08.54 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-26 at 11.08.54 AM.png

Then in this one you can see light under the ball.

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 11.09.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-26 at 11.09.19 AM.png

That spring doesn't rotate. There's no effing way they would drag a non-rotating ball along the playfield. Again; it's ridiculous.

#1627 4 years ago

The lower ball appears to be the same kind of captive ball that appears in Iron Maiden Pre/LE where it is attached to a metal rod that goes under the playfield. The only ball that moves around is the top ball which swings around to two different positions(not touching the playfield). pretty cool mech!

#1628 4 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

Umm, you THINK?

pinball nerds love them some Elvira. its a flame that has burned for the better part of 30 years.

the classic battle of dinosaurs vs. boobs

#1629 4 years ago

Very cool indeed ... but to me it will all depend on the programming. No doubt the playfield is there, but the code has to follow.

#1630 4 years ago

I guess the iconic Jeep or ride vehicle license was too expensive and that is why we have "Jungle Adventure Vehicle"

#1631 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Very cool indeed ... but to me it will all depend on the programming. No doubt the playfield is there, but the code has to follow.

Elwin designs the rules for his games; code isn’t really a worry.

#1632 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

What does he know about playing pinball?

#1633 4 years ago

Game looks cool.

Great job Keith and team at Stern.

I can't wait to see more and play it.

#1634 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Looks like the home run I thought it would be.
What are people complaining about? Art? Missing dino mech on Pro? Pretty thin gruel.

I think it looks pretty great. Pinside people seem to prefer complaining and shooting holes to playing and shooting jackpots.

#1635 4 years ago
Quoted from griffo84:

Why is there a post at the tip of the upper flipper.. I cant stop looking at it.. IMO it shouldnt be there...
[quoted image]
Stern can you build me a game without that post?

I think this post is to "force" players to use the upper flipper rather than ignore it like they do on Maiden. Good move if so, don't use it and it bumps off into somewhere precarious?

#1636 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

pinball nerds love them some Elvira. its a flame that has burned for the better part of 30 years.
the classic battle of dinosaurs vs. boobs

...which make up almost zero of the playing public and not even a majority of buyers.

#1637 4 years ago

@Stern, you deliver!
Epic!
This pin wil be FUN!

#1638 4 years ago

That is exactly what it's for

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think this post is to "force" players to use the upper flipper rather than ignore it like they do on Maiden. Good move if so, don't use it and it bumps off into somewhere precarious?

#1639 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

But will Stern allocate the resources to get his rules implemented?

If so, I will be looking to get one in the future. Great looking pin!

#1640 4 years ago

When IMDN came out, Elwin mentioned he had a new idea he was holding onto for his next game. Guessing it's the jeep "newton ball on a spring". Can't recall a mech like that done before, and it's quite a creative mechanical way to navigate your direction around the island, instead of just shooting a lit shot. Well done! Just put a little mylar down just in case.

Surprised no one has mentioned that JP has 4 multiballs (T-Rex, Raptor Tri Ball, King of the Island, Chaos), ranging from 3 to 6 balls. A 6 ball multiball on this layout (with a puking T-Rex) will be crazy!

I also love the 4 up-posts (left return lane, left control room, orbit to divert into pop bumpers, Raptor pen) that lock the balls around the playfield on the Prem/LE & also acts as newton balls on the standup targets behind them. That Raptor pen on the Prem/LE looks cool with 3 stand ups,popup posts, a lunging Raptor toy, etc. There's alot going on in that small space.

There's a lot of creative thinking that went into the little details on this game. Elwin is hands down the most exciting designer in pinball now, and the only designer that gets my attention. Well done sir! I can't wait to try this personal adventure out. More games like this in the future Stern!

#1641 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Now I can see a TD deciding to put a fat rubber on that post and creating all sorts of havoc ala Game of Thrones at nationals.

#1642 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

When IMDN came out, Elwin mentioned he had a new idea he was holding onto for his next game. Guessing it's the jeep "newton ball on a spring". Can't recall a mech like that done before, and it's quite a creative mechanical way to navigate your direction around the island, instead of just shooting a lit shot. Well done! Just put a little mylar down just in case.

It's also cool how that captive Jeep mech alters which shots are available to take in the game. When it is in the right-most position it appears to block the "Amber, Smart-Missile, Chaos" target.

#1643 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

WElwin is hands down the most exciting designer in pinball these days. Well done sir!

Between Elwin at Stern and Eric at JJP, the future of pinball design looks bright ... and innovative.

#1644 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It's also cool how that captive Jeep mech alters which shots are available to take in the game. When it is in the right-most position it appears to block the "Amber, Smart-Missile, Chaos" target.

Yes that's correct for sure. Little details in game design make a huge diffrence. Sure beats a fan layout!

#1645 4 years ago
Quoted from arakissun:

I just go trough the pics and saw these two are rised.Never seen bolts on playfield to be like that.
The ball will not go smooth if they are like that or may be the idea is different?[quoted image]

I think what you will get is a scoop ramp like used in Munsters right ramp but smaller.
the ball will travel the roof of the rail and then down onto the lower rail. (If you know what I mean)

#1646 4 years ago

I just wish this was already out on location so I can play it NOW! Looks awesome.

#1647 4 years ago

Does the pro eat balls? Or static?

#1648 4 years ago

The pro eats quarters. I wanna feed it!

#1649 4 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

I'm hoping they don't just throw the movie soundtrack in the game like Star Wars. The Jurassic Park soundtrack is fantastic, but it doesn't fit pinball. Would be awesome if they got Brian Schmidt to do a modern take on the Data East JP soundtrack.

I'm fine with that as long as they keep the songs Theme From Jurassic Park and Journey to the Island. Especially that "adventure" part from the end of Journey to the Island as they are traveling to the Visitors Center for the first time.

#1650 4 years ago

Could Mods please "Un-Hide" this thread?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 16.00
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
9,151 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/33?hl=potatoloco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.