OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 73.
#1502 4 years ago

Yeah, if the T-Rex ate the ball on the Pro, I'd say Pro would be the way to go, but without that the Premium seems like it might be the better option. My main concern remains the truck. I don't think I can buy anything at the moment, but if I were to buy another Stern it would be either Iron Maiden or Jurassic Park (Premium).

#1503 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Shots look awesome. Pro doesn't seem to be missing much but we don't have feature matrix yet.
One thing is for sure. If I get a pro I need someone to make me an alterative translite.[quoted image]

Matrix is available

#1504 4 years ago

Best toy on a stern Pinball in a long time.

#1505 4 years ago

Safe to assume Elvira will be around Halloween?

#1506 4 years ago

Hope it shoots nice, that part of it looks really good. Not sold on the art bit.

#1507 4 years ago

Looks like from the feature matrix that the Pro model T-Rex doesn't eat the ball? It just says "Molded T-Rex"

#1508 4 years ago

this thread moves so fast... one's visual acuity need be based upon movement just to catch all of these comments !

#1509 4 years ago

The question is not "should I buy it", or "do I have enough money", rather it is "Will my wife let me".

P.S have a budgerigar (the talking bird) that is learning to talk and I am just trying to teach it to say "new pinball", So that I am not only one pushing for a new pin

20190725_175852 (resized).jpg20190725_175852 (resized).jpg
#1510 4 years ago

I could see the ball eating dino not being a happy thing for people who like flow and momentum. So this will please both crowds. Kinda like Pro/Premium GOT and BKSOR.

#1511 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

I disagree. Swinging, eating, spitting T-rex seems worth the extra $ by itself.

Yea this is a must on this title imo

#1512 4 years ago
FB_IMG_1564152468276 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1564152468276 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1564152472435 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1564152472435 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1564152515114 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1564152515114 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1564152438748 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1564152438748 (resized).jpg
#1513 4 years ago

Why booh?

At least debut it with the Williams theme this supposedly has licensed.

It all feels like "Generic: the Pin!".

*waits for Home version*

Obviously, still excited to play it, but man...this just feels a bit empty of character.

On the other hand, at least it's not a retread of the two prior JP games!

But seriously, the detail/sculpt/pain on the Sloppy Sausage, looks Dollar General quality......"good".

#1514 4 years ago

Jurassic-Park-Feature-Matrix.pdfJurassic-Park-Feature-Matrix.pdf

#1515 4 years ago

Looks really good!!!!!! Can't wait to see it in action and play one!

#1516 4 years ago

I like the pro-prem-le selection as is for cabinet art and back-glass ... thumbs up!

#1517 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Why booh?
At least debut it with the Williams theme this supposedly has licensed.
It all feels like "Generic: the Pin!".
*waits for Home version*
Obviously, still excited to play it, but man...this just feels a bit empty of character.
On the other hand, at least it's not a retread of the two prior JP games!
But seriously, the detail/sculpt/pain on the Sloppy Sausage, looks Dollar General quality......"good".

Sorry I misread your post. Fast moving thread.

I thought you were implying that you didn't want the John Williams score integrated into the game.

And that is worth of a hearty round of "Boooooossss."

But it appears as though it was my mistake. Apologies.

#1518 4 years ago

Back to back home runs!

Way to bring it Keith.

#1519 4 years ago

The limited cab looks the best, but the pro is better looking then the premium imo.

#1520 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Sorry I misread your post. Fast moving thread.
I thought you were implying that you didn't want the John Williams score integrated into the game.
And that is worth of a hearty round of "Boooooossss."
But it appears as though it was my mistake. Apologies.

Haha! No worries!

Yeah, I definitely do! Especially if there's all original art and design work going on, the Williams theme will bolster what's there.

#1521 4 years ago

Can’t believe how excited I am out of nowhere. Looks unique, great looking toys. I’m certain the rules will be on point. The theme is stellar.

In for 2. Pro going on location and premium coming home.
Someone probably already made this joke: Stern, um, finds a way.

#1522 4 years ago

I am likely down for a premium. Only thing I could possibly complain about it (minor) is the jeep looks kind of cheap to me. I'm sure someone will make a great mod.

#1523 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

I disagree. Swinging, eating, spitting T-rex seems worth the extra $ by itself.

Oh, it’s definitely awesome. I’m just saying that the pro is a well-packed game for the money

#1524 4 years ago

Lol gonna be worried about a trex that literally destroys its own playfield and plastics throwing the ball around.

#1525 4 years ago

No more stupid posts for playfield props. All models have the EZ Slide brackets. Bravo.

#1526 4 years ago

I just go trough the pics and saw these two are rised.Never seen bolts on playfield to be like that.
The ball will not go smooth if they are like that or may be the idea is different?

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
#1527 4 years ago
Quoted from cjpins:

I don't think the pro eats the ball !!!!

It's $100 extra but that's why she's a pro.

#1528 4 years ago

Price levels are all the same.

6K, 7600, 9K.

500 Limited.

#1529 4 years ago
Quoted from arakissun:

I just go trough the pics and saw these two are rised.Never seen bolts on playfield to be like that.
The ball will not go smooth if they are like that or may be the idea is different?[quoted image]

Maybe the round ball can’t touch them because they’re close to the wall, and, you know, it’s round.

Or maybe they’re just photo shoot games and that won’t be like that.

#1530 4 years ago

Not having the pro T-rex do anything (at least make it roar) is kind of a deal breaker. A plastic head sticking out that does absolutely nothing is a complete waste. I may have to pass on this title after all (going to see how the video on Monday plays out)

#1531 4 years ago
rip (resized).jpgrip (resized).jpg
#1532 4 years ago

Layout looks really good. Can't wait to play it.

#1534 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

[quoted image]

A new game has come out; therefore all other previously released games are dead/trash. Clearly.

#1535 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Not having the pro T-rex do anything (at least make it roar) is kind of a deal breaker. A plastic head sticking out that does absolutely nothing is a complete waste. I may have to pass on this title after all (going to see how the video on Monday plays out)

We all knew that if you wanted your ball-eating dino, you were going to have to pay for it.

If I were buying, I could certainly live without it. The pro appears packed with awesome gameplay features. This appears to be the new model going forward, games are basically the same except for one big gimmick/toy. Even JJP is doing it with Wonka.

I can easily live without an upper playfield or a ball wagging dino when the rest of the game plays sweet.

#1536 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It's $100 extra but that's why she's a pro.

I'm sure in Asia its cheaper (most things are).

#1537 4 years ago

This is one where you definitely need to go premium, a lot of extra bang for the buck.

#1538 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

The limited cab looks the best, but the pro is better looking then the premium imo.

to me, the premiums are always the worst art on every stern

#1539 4 years ago
Quoted from arakissun:

The ball will not go smooth if they are like that or may be the idea is different?[quoted image]

probably a pre production model

#1540 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

I’m just saying that the pro is a well-packed game for the money

I agree with that as well and I am sure the pro will be awesome. However, for me, that moving T-Rex is just too cool not to have. Hopefully it will be reliable.

#1541 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

to me, the premiums are always the worst art on every stren

I'm a fan of the PRE cabinet, I do love some raptors. I noticed that the pro doesn't even have the logo on the BG.

#1542 4 years ago

“Jurassic Park is a classic film featuring what everyone loves­­­­­ – dinosaurs! The game is designed to be easy to play, but difficult to master,” said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball, Inc.

Gary with such wisdom, such....depth! He should start writing ads for Hot Pockets. "This food snack is designed to be eaten, but also give nourishment!"

I agree Gary, we all DO love dinosaurs, but also Goodblum!

#1543 4 years ago

I think I'll go as far as saying that this is the best Stern Pro, Prem, LE feature assemble. All versions look loaded and the mech on the prem and Le that are not available on the Pro are a refining touch. I don't feel like I would be losing out buying a Pro.

#1544 4 years ago

This game looks amazing and really fun to shoot! Not a cookie-cutter layout at all and lots of interactive toys and shots. I wonder if the 3 upper stop posts will be used to hold the ball so that you can dirty-pool the targets with a second ball? I'm excited to play this one and a Pro may be on my wishlist come MGC time next year! Somehow I get the feeling that I'm going to want to own every game that KME designs just based on layout and rule-set...

#1545 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We all knew that if you wanted your ball-eating dino, you were going to have to pay for it.

It doesn't need to move side to side or eat the ball...just let the mouth open to roar. Looks like a broken feature sitting there doing completely nothing....I'd honestly rather have a 3D Raptor and make the T-Rex a flat plastic as it would look better.

#1546 4 years ago

No Jeff Goldblum and therefore trash.

I kid. Like many others I am curious/worried about the potential for damage inherent to a friggin' T-Rex hurling balls all around the playfield. Hoping for a gameplay stream soon!

#1547 4 years ago

Anyone know who’s doing callouts??

#1548 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Lol gonna be worried about a trex that literally destroys its own playfield and plastics throwing the ball around.

That would make for an awesome trailer. The t-rex head grabs the ball, spits it out thru the side and continues smashing thru the glass, biting the head of the player.

That´s freekin dino pinball!

#1549 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

It doesn't need to move side to side or eat the ball...just let the mouth open to roar. Looks like a broken feature sitting there doing completely nothing....I'd honestly rather have a 3D Raptor and make the T-Rex a flat plastic as it would look better.

We don't have any idea if there is some kind of interaction, lighting + sound effect, etc. on the Pro. Wait and see before you soil your diapers.

#1550 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

That would make for an awesome trailer. The t-rex head grabs the ball, spits it out thru the side and continues smashing thru the glass, biting the head of the player.
That´s freekin dino pinball!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/31?hl=rolpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.