OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 73.
#1201 4 years ago

George Gomez is going to be going on this tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/rcaderadio/live?fbclid=IwAR1G-E7fhp-THfi5bPQAsD

I wonder what they will talk about.

#1202 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Exactly. Thank you for admitting it.
This is what the world is these days. Pinside is simply an extension of our lazy, ignorant world. Proudly expressing opinions literally based on....nothing. And in the US, it comes straight from the top.

No, please, continue racking up those downvotes like they are worth money.
Duplicate

#1203 4 years ago

Exactly. Thank you for admitting it.
This is what the world is these days. Pinside is simply an extension of our lazy, ignorant world. Proudly expressing opinions literally based on....nothing. And in the US, it comes straight from the top.

No, please, continue racking up those downvotes like they are worth money.

Totally fair point, but I think most of us will agree that the reason we go apeshit over our favorite themes is because of the movie - and all the relevant assets - from the movie!
X-MEN and Avengers, to name two, are two very good games that absolutely got eviscerated because they weren’t based on the movies. That’s what we WANT! That’s why themese are popular in the first place. A JP pinball machine in 2019 with an LCD screen and stereo sound THAT DOESNT HAVE MOVIE ASSETS is a freaking FAIL!
And people complain about Star Wars! SW has every asset you want, VERY well integrated with the game. The ATTRACT mode in SW is better than 90% of every game ever, themewise. And it’s a fast, hard game (The King!) with deep addictive rules to boot, and it just gets shit on over and over.
The new JP may be fun as hell, with a great layout and great toys. But to tell me the movie assets don’t matter for this game is just a disingenuous, lame fucking lie.

Xmen is WAY better based on the comic than the movies and Avengers IS based on the movie(ish). Do you even pinball?

#1204 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

They can’t figure out how to reveal the info to their distributors an hour before the actual reveal to the public? Same day would be hard to pull off?

Standard practice in many industries to reveal to trade and journalists a few days before public reveal with an embargo in place. Stern is doing nothing unusual here. Most news agencies will already have the stern press release by now.

#1205 4 years ago

Rex....????

0C20A7D6-E97A-40B1-9EB4-4E07C9F4E5E6 (resized).jpeg0C20A7D6-E97A-40B1-9EB4-4E07C9F4E5E6 (resized).jpeg
#1206 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Rex....????[quoted image]

Where you scared?

#1207 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I find it really strange that JJP apparently has the rights to them but just chose not to.

I doubt that JJP paid for anything that you're not already seeing in the game. The "design decision" argument is a smokescreen for not having paid to make a musical pin out of a musical film. Imagine the response Guns N' Roses will get if it comes out with a single instrumental cover playing on endless repeat. "I DON'T WANT IT NOW!"

#1208 4 years ago

Stern just released a bksor update. Might explain the push back of JP release

#1209 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Stern just released a bksor update. Ight explain the push back of JP release

Because they can't walk and chew gum at the same time?

#1210 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Because they can't walk and chew gum at the same time?

I kind of meant they might want to get one last bit of attention for bk before jp gobbles up the market.

#1211 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

IT is NOT JP!!!!!!!!!

What do you mean?

#1212 4 years ago

It's at 1.0 so they technically consider it complete now

#1213 4 years ago

X-MEN and Avengers, to name two, are two very good games that absolutely got eviscerated because they weren’t based on the movies. That’s what we WANT!

Thankfully the X-Men pin was comic book based and not photoshops of those awful X-Men movies.

#1214 4 years ago

The new title is not Jurassic park!!!!!!!!!!

#1215 4 years ago

Unless you have something to substantiate that claim...chill.

#1216 4 years ago

Everyone cares about my thoughts:

The original more accurate looking trex head looked really dumb with the flat lip. Thats why we got the flintstones dino instead I bet.

So the flat lip, is that to load as well as unload or just to unload? I could see the lip resting nice on the ramp to load, as well as dump out onto the wireform, but is that asking too much? Would that be a nightmare to keep calibrated and service with the lip resting on a ramp like that?

I wanted a really cool dino mech. If it does more than load from the back and puke them out, Ill be super happy. Elwin IS known for the cool mechs. I love Maiden. Cant wait to see gameplay.

I think this game would compliment my DEJP since its not a direct copy of the same movie. Hopefully we see pros in the 4400 range on the secondary market so i can afford one.

#1217 4 years ago

I am a dealer and know what the next pin is. I can't say what it is but I can say what it isn't.

#1218 4 years ago

Please stop posting this every 30 minutes. Unless you have something new to add, it's going to be trolling.

#1219 4 years ago

I am a dealer and know what the next pin is. I can't say what it is but I can say what it isn't.

what do you deal? besides bs...

#1220 4 years ago

I can shut that down. People already have deposits in, it is Jurassic Park.

#1221 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Elwin IS known for the cool mechs. I love Maiden. Cant wait to see gameplay.

Is he?

Seems the major gripe that people have with Maiden, aside from the subjective theme, is the lack of innovative mechs and toys.

#1222 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I can't handle comments like this anymore. NO JJP games sync audio with clips when using their assets. I know, I own WOZ, Hobbit, and Pirates. You start a mode or multiball, hear a voice clip to introduce the scene that is not synced with what is on the screen and then you play. As you progress you get more of the scene. And just like Joe said, for the big moments, the game pauses, and that is when you get your synced audio with clips. Just like melting the witch and killing Smaug. You don't like that style and want to hear, "I've lost R2" 20 times while trying to blow up the Death Star, then fine. I happen to own SW, too. They are different styles, AND THAT IS OK. But give Joe a break. Met him at MGC and he's a great guy. He poured his heart into Wonka and I think, given a little more time, there will be more love for Wonka in the coming months. Just like DI and JJPOTC. Anyhow, back to the fantasizing about another Stern. But give it a rest, folks.

Exactly right. Those synced audio clips on SW? Skip them EVERY TIME. The right call was made, IMO. Pinball's job is to frame a game of making shots, hurryups, multiballs and jackpots around a theme. It is not to retell the movie. That's called a DVD.

#1223 4 years ago

Dude, are you from Canada or what? What’s with the constant “aboot”? If you live in MI, write Amercan!

"Amercan" is a language I've never heard of. XD

Well, since this is a Dutch Forum why not write in Dutch?

#1224 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Is he?
Seems the major gripe that people have with Maiden, aside from the subjective theme, is the lack of innovative mechs and toys.

I think the sarcophagus mech is pretty cool. Newton target then turns into a ball lock that then turns into a bash target that then turns into a release mech. Seems cool to me.

#1225 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Polarizing theme for sure.

Mummy lock feels pretty dang innovative to me though! Single Newton ball as well, although it was kind of flaky.

I'm also a big fan of the light beacon thingie... but sure, no obvious toys. And if we're talking pro, then yeah, fair enough LOL. I'd still take it over 99% of what's out there.

Very excited to see what JP offers. Code and geometry is flawless in Maiden, if this is the same team it's gonna be hard to resist JP based on the crappy pictures floating around.

#1226 4 years ago

Ok,... Then... What are these pics?

I'd like you to be right I guess, since JP is not my cup of tea. But the game looks like a game changer and I want to see it.

But well,.... I can wait.

Gimme Brian Eddy's Bill & Ted.

#1227 4 years ago

Now now young hobbits, don't be hasty!

#1228 4 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

George Gomez is going to be going on this tonight:
https://www.youtube.com/rcaderadio/live?fbclid=IwAR1G-E7fhp-THfi5bPQAsD
I wonder what they will talk about.

Link won't work.

Star Wars Home propably, since this is his new game.

#1229 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I think the sarcophagus mech is pretty cool. Newton target then turns into a ball lock that then turns into a bash target that then turns into a release mech. Seems cool to me.

i mean... its something i guess.

its no dynamically rocking pirate ship or upper playfield a'la The Shadow or anything on that level.

regardless. its an amazing game and hopes are sky high that Keith can deliver another home run.

#1230 4 years ago

I wonder if they will have one of these at CAX this weekend?

#1231 4 years ago

Is it true that the T-rex has really been confirmed to swallow the ball? If true, very exciting!

#1232 4 years ago

God I hope "does X swallow the ball?" becomes a meme for every new game release.

#1233 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

God I hope "does X swallow the ball?" becomes a meme for every new game release.

In your case I think it is better than Y.

#1234 4 years ago

JP2's game reveal confirmed for tomorrow at 9:30am CST. Link to the Stern reveal stream:

#1235 4 years ago

My money is on the new game being Jurrasic Park.

#1236 4 years ago
Quoted from Auror:

JP2's game reveal confirmed for tomorrow at 9:30am CST. Link to the Stern reveal stream:

Tomorrow? Literally unplayable! Stern has really blown it this time... JJP4EVA.

#1237 4 years ago

stop crying

#1238 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Do you not understand the concept of a countdown? Of course it doesnt work.....yet

#1239 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

10:30 est....like AM?!? WTf Gary....lots of cobwebs that early on a Friday my man.

#1240 4 years ago

And I didnt even have to pay anything to get it working..cough cough pirates

#1241 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I can't handle comments like this anymore. NO JJP games sync audio with clips when using their assets. I know, I own WOZ, Hobbit, and Pirates. You start a mode or multiball, hear a voice clip to introduce the scene that is not synced with what is on the screen and then you play. As you progress you get more of the scene. And just like Joe said, for the big moments, the game pauses, and that is when you get your synced audio with clips. Just like melting the witch and killing Smaug. You don't like that style and want to hear, "I've lost R2" 20 times while trying to blow up the Death Star, then fine. I happen to own SW, too. They are different styles, AND THAT IS OK. But give Joe a break. Met him at MGC and he's a great guy. He poured his heart into Wonka and I think, given a little more time, there will be more love for Wonka in the coming months. Just like DI and JJPOTC. Anyhow, back to the fantasizing about another Stern. But give it a rest, folks.

Truth. I just wish this message Crapada and his minions...

#1242 4 years ago

You guys wanted a countdown, you got a countdown. XD

#1243 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Very excited to see what JP offers. Code and geometry is flawless in Maiden

I don't agree on the geometry being 'flawless'. I found the upper lane shots were not fun or easy.

Rob

#1244 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Polarizing theme for sure.
Mummy lock feels pretty dang innovative to me though! Single Newton ball as well, although it was kind of flaky.
I'm also a big fan of the light beacon thingie... but sure, no obvious toys. And if we're talking pro, then yeah, fair enough LOL. I'd still take it over 99% of what's out there.
Very excited to see what JP offers. Code and geometry is flawless in Maiden, if this is the same team it's gonna be hard to resist JP based on the crappy pictures floating around.

Maiden Pro is my go to game on location and I suspect the most played, because most times there're people on it when I go there.
But somehow I just could not get around to buy one because it's so... toyless.
It is just incredibly fun to shoot (many options) nontheless, while not agreeing about code & geometry.
A game like Star Wars Pro (wich is a way simpler Design) is way smoother and I personally prefer the Code to have some goal/ story to hint at.
As I unterstand it Maiden has a story from the comic book (collecting some soul shards for... something) but it's mainly for points.
A game like BKSoR resonates more with me, very obviously having to defeat the Black Knight.

But with Jurassic Park we may get an interresting new playfield layout plus toys and (hopefully) some sort of story related goal.

#1245 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Stern has what 350 employees? They can’t figure out how to reveal the info to their distributors an hour before the actual reveal to the public? Same day would be hard to pull off?

It’s hard when it’s a global product launch

#1246 4 years ago

Hmm

#1247 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

As I unterstand it Maiden has a story from the comic book (collecting some soul shards for... something) but it's mainly for points.

I think the gist of the 'story' is the journey to defeat The Beast. Certainly not the deepest or most engaging tale but its no more shallow than something like Black Knight or The Munsters (tragic waste of theme).

#1248 4 years ago

is it >!?

Jaws
Stranger Things
Elvira 3

#1249 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

is it >!?
Jaws
Stranger Things
Elvira 3

He said that he cant say what it is

#1250 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

He said that he cant say what it is

but he can say what it isn't.

ahhh (resized).jpgahhh (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 39.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.