OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 73.
#1151 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

They posted the video showing the development of BKSOR last night...i'm thinking they want to pump the sales of that one a bit more before they are astroturfed by the JP reveal.

Did they talk about why they cheaped out on the Black Knight toy not being a bash toy by putting that stupid stand up target in front of him or the fact that he doesn’t actually turn his head or move in any way? Did they address the fact that it has the lowest BOM of any modern Stern as well as the least expensive license of any modern Stern, coupled with the highest MSRP of any cornerstone Stern? And they say it’s not selling well? Shocker.

#1152 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How are they trolling us now? By not having a countdown clock? Or by having one for Star Wars?
Why do you think they are playing these sick head games with us?

You don't think it's trolling to have a countdown that only pinball enthusiasts would notice and then have it be for a release for an admittedly different market, then have no hype for the actual release? Am I understanding your question? Seems pretty obvious to me.

#1153 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

That scene is so campy and cheesy I thought it must have been on purpose like an homage to early black and white monster movies. It felt like the Wolfman or the Mummy.

speaking of which, I caught a bit of the final ep of S3 of Stranger Things and the whole "hiding in the mall" part seemed like an obvious homage to the Jurassic Park kitchen scene

#1154 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

You don't think it's trolling to have a countdown that only pinball enthusiasts would notice and then have it be for a release for an admittedly different market, then have no hype for the actual release? Am I understanding your question? Seems pretty obvious to me.

Seems pretty obvious to me that pinball and paranoia are a dangerous combination.

#1155 4 years ago

At this rate a GB code update will be out before the release.

#1156 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's been going on for years...just look at your upvote %

That’s something I obviously care a lot about. Now you have me worried about it.

#1157 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

speaking of which, I caught a bit of the final ep of S3 of Stranger Things and the whole "hiding in the mall" part seemed like an obvious homage to the Jurassic Park kitchen scene

Should have seemed more like a Dawn of the Dead reference..being 80s

#1158 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Ignore Levi’s opinions when it comes to Stern. Ever since Stern sponsored his pinball tournament you would think he is the Dinosaur head swallowing Sterns pinballs.

#1159 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:Congrats man! Your first?
Yeah, but this still feels more lively, and the how many other threads leading up to this, than most other releases.
I do have a feeling this is going to cut Wonka to the candy bits. Either way, my paycheck isn't affected.....unless I bought one or both, that is!

Right. People slam Wonka because of asset misuse. JP has NO assets and gets off scot free? Doubt that.

#1160 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just want to know if the dinosaur eats the ball.
Why.
WHY?!?!?!?!

I’m gonna guess. No & Yes & Yes

#1161 4 years ago

Can't wait till this pin is in homes so we can start bitching about code

#1163 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I am have a confession to make, I saw Dr Frightener’s post and just down voted it without even reading it. I need to get paid if I am to read his crap.

Exactly. Thank you for admitting it.

This is what the world is these days. Pinside is simply an extension of our lazy, ignorant world. Proudly expressing opinions literally based on....nothing. And in the US, it comes straight from the top.

#1164 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Can't wait till this pin is in homes so we can start bitching about code

My guess would be animations first. Code on IM was good at launch, but the weirdo placeholder shitty video was deserving of flak. Although I do miss "Fatass" running away.

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

That’s something I obviously care a lot about. Now you have me worried about it.

Don't give a shit if you care or not; but you know aboot it so don't act like it's a new thing.

#1165 4 years ago

Right. People slam Wonka because of asset misuse. JP has NO assets and gets off scot free? Doubt that.

At least Stern did not pay for them. I find it really strange that JJP apparently has the rights to them but just chose not to.

#1166 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Did they talk about why they cheaped out on the Black Knight toy not being a bash toy by putting that stupid stand up target in front of him or the fact that he doesn’t actually turn his head or move in any way? Did they address the fact that it has the lowest BOM of any modern Stern as well as the least expensive license of any modern Stern, coupled with the highest MSRP of any cornerstone Stern? And they say it’s not selling well? Shocker.

If you're going to pick on something about BKSOR, it's not the toy. It's made of high quality material and has a freaking flail. That's what it does. It has standups in front of it. Is it higher quality to hit the knight himself? You're not bashing the knight because you can't get to him until the end. you have to fight his minions and everything he puts in your way. Your remark just shows your lack of.... well everything.

#1167 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

that JJP apparently has the rights to them

I don’t buy that.

#1168 4 years ago

Exactly. Thank you for admitting it.
This is what the world is these days. Pinside is simply an extension of our lazy, ignorant world. Proudly expressing opinions literally based on....nothing. And in the US, it comes straight from the top.

Have you seen Dr.Frighteners posts? I’ve read novels that are shorter. Plus he just keeps repeating his points in every post, so it’s perfectly fine to thumb them up or down without reading the whole thing.

#1169 4 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

If you're going to pick on something about BKSOR, it's not the toy. It's made of high quality material and has a freaking flail. That's what it does. It has standups in front of it. Is it higher quality to hit the knight himself? You're not bashing the knight because you can't get to him until the end. you have to fight his minions and everything he puts in your way. Your remark just shows your lack of.... well everything.

You’re clueless. Are you saying that at the end when you fight the Knight the standup just magically disappears? The flail isn’t even part of him.
Is it higher quality to hit the Knight himself?
You’re goddamn right it is.
But hey, it’s a fun game. Anyway, let’s get back on the subject.

#1170 4 years ago

Well this sucks. No reveal today. Radio silence aside from a couple of rumors.

So far this is a pretty odd reveal. And even if we get lucky and there is an IGN reveal tomorrow out of no where. (Btw IGN reveal is all specualtion too) That means no stream till next week. They wont stream it over the weekend.

We could easily get a 15 second clip of a dino roaring Tomorrow and the score playing in the back ground. woohoo.

#1171 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

My guess would be animations first. Code on IM was good at launch, but the weirdo placeholder shitty video was deserving of flak. Although I do miss "Fatass" running away.

Don't give a shit if you care or not; but you know aboot it so don't act like it's a new thing.

Dude, are you from Canada or what? What’s with the constant “aboot”? If you live in MI, write Amercan!

#1172 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

A truck with balls behind it.... I've seen those on the highway before.[quoted image]

That is the epitomy of a low life.

Just catching up today.... Damn no reveal...

#1173 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Have you seen Dr.Frighteners posts? I’ve read novels that are shorter. Plus he just keeps repeating his points in every post, so it’s perfectly fine to thumb them up or down without reading the whole thing.

Sometimes I read his posts and sometimes not. And yeah, most of the time he’s talking out of his ass. The only reason I even read the long post in question is because I expected it to be ridiculous and incendiary. And it had 33 down votes. But it was actually a reasonable, fairly well informed post that was hardly insulting or provacative. And yet it had 33 downvotes.

I don’t take most of the dude’s posts very seriously, but I won’t take people seriously at all that downvote any pinsider posts that they do not bother taking the time to read.

#1174 4 years ago
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#1175 4 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

I agree with this guy. I don't get all the hate for Black Knight SOR. It is what it is, and might not be for everyone. It's the most attractive pinball release in my opinion that Stern has put out in recent memory. I really like the game and if my wife would let me by another pinball machine, i would have the premium in my house.

I get that we all have different opinions and tastes on pinside, but for people who don't like a pinball machine: stern & jjp aren't making anyone on pinside buy it, or anything

#1176 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

you would think he is the Dinosaur head swallowing Sterns pinballs.

Paging huemanatee for a custom gif depicting this please...

#1177 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

At least Stern did not pay for them. I find it really strange that JJP apparently has the rights to them but just chose not to.

Totally fair point, but I think most of us will agree that the reason we go apeshit over our favorite themes is because of the movie - and all the relevant assets - from the movie!

X-MEN and Avengers, to name two, are two very good games that absolutely got eviscerated because they weren’t based on the movies. That’s what we WANT! That’s why themese are popular in the first place. A JP pinball machine in 2019 with an LCD screen and stereo sound THAT DOESNT HAVE MOVIE ASSETS is a freaking FAIL!

And people complain about Star Wars! SW has every asset you want, VERY well integrated with the game. The ATTRACT mode in SW is better than 90% of every game ever, themewise. And it’s a fast, hard game (The King!) with deep addictive rules to boot, and it just gets shit on over and over.

The new JP may be fun as hell, with a great layout and great toys. But to tell me the movie assets don’t matter for this game is just a disingenuous, lame fucking lie.

#1178 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno, if I was Stern I'd start rethinking this practice of showing the distributors early. Clearly they can't actually be trusted with it.

It’s simply a lesser of evils. The distributors being in the know and being able to answer questions and TAKE orders is a much bigger gain then the distributor looking stupid when the public knows.

Stern has to know the info will get out. But for all their agreements with 3rd parties etc they would still be in good standing. So it’s a nice happy medium where everyone is happy. They get their hype... the distributors are ready, and deals like IGN are maintained and stern did nothing wrong.

#1179 4 years ago

If they don't use video from the movie, it makes the eventual JW alt Premium easy to make.

#1180 4 years ago

If the JP animations play with audio not synced up to them.... get back to us. Until then... that comparison is horseshit.

#1181 4 years ago

The bar that Wonka set for how to fuck up a game with assets is so high (thanks Joe and audio guy!) let's see how jp plays, sounds and looks first before comparing....

#1182 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If the JP animations play with audio not synced up to them.... get back to us. Until then... that comparison is horseshit.

I think the argument is specifically film assets. Which it seems like this won't have any.

But of course who the hell knows at this point...damn it Stern!

#1183 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It’s simply a lesser of evils. The distributors being in the know and being able to answer questions and TAKE orders is a much bigger gain then the distributor looking stupid when the public knows.
Stern has to know the info will get out. But for all their agreements with 3rd parties etc they would still be in good standing. So it’s a nice happy medium where everyone is happy. They get their hype... the distributors are ready, and deals like IGN are maintained and stern did nothing wrong.

Stern has what 350 employees? They can’t figure out how to reveal the info to their distributors an hour before the actual reveal to the public? Same day would be hard to pull off?

#1184 4 years ago

X-MEN and Avengers, to name two, are two very good games that absolutely got eviscerated because they weren’t based on the movies.

Uh, your memory of these games and how the reception went, and why, doesn't match mine.

#1185 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

agree with this assessment. the toy likely has two static positions.
[quoted image]

That better have a nice set of rims on that vehicle or I'm out Stern!!

#1186 4 years ago

I always thought basing the X-Men pin on the cartoon/comics was a great move - it's the callout voices that didn't quite make the cut there IMO...

#1187 4 years ago

Patience folks, they are just finalizing a few details.
65D5EAD8-2DE6-4F56-9EC7-5CD075BA6B4C (resized).jpeg65D5EAD8-2DE6-4F56-9EC7-5CD075BA6B4C (resized).jpeg

#1188 4 years ago

X-MEN and Avengers, to name two, are two very good games that absolutely got eviscerated because they weren’t based on the movies.

X-men had bar none the worst release code in the history of anything ever that included code...and it was like that for awHile. You could sort of argue the audio would have made more people happy if it were from the movies though, although the art was great because it wasn't horrible photoshop of kick girl like...
Avengers, which also had a shitty gomez layout, horrible ramp, & stingy Hulk.

#1189 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Patience folks, they are just finalizing a few details.
[quoted image]

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 3.52.31 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-07-25 at 3.52.31 PM (resized).png
#1190 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

If he shook, you'd want his head to spin around. It's never enough.

Quoted from vicjw66:

the fact that he doesn’t actually turn his head or move in any way?

Called it.

#1191 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Paging huemanatee for a custom gif depicting this please...

I found a pic of Levi that he can use.

https://images.app.goo.gl/bqrMdaaLkhnMyzgz6

#1192 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Called it.

You didn’t call anything. This has been repeated by me and others in the Black Knight thread. And the Black Knight doesn’t do anything so what was your point? It’s a fun game that I will never own because of all the corners Stern cut on it. Again, let’s move on.

#1194 4 years ago

You will all know 10 am cst. The only hint is that I am excited, more than I have been in a while.

#1195 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Again, let’s move on.

You first.

#1196 4 years ago

Like new details?

Quoted from PinballAlley:

You will all know 10 am cst. The only hint is that I am excited, more than I have been in a while.

#1198 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The bar that Wonka set for how to fuck up a game with assets is pretty high (thanks Joe and audio guy!) so let's just see how jp plays out first because comparing....

I can't handle comments like this anymore. NO JJP games sync audio with clips when using their assets. I know, I own WOZ, Hobbit, and Pirates. You start a mode or multiball, hear a voice clip to introduce the scene that is not synced with what is on the screen and then you play. As you progress you get more of the scene. And just like Joe said, for the big moments, the game pauses, and that is when you get your synced audio with clips. Just like melting the witch and killing Smaug. You don't like that style and want to hear, "I've lost R2" 20 times while trying to blow up the Death Star, then fine. I happen to own SW, too. They are different styles, AND THAT IS OK. But give Joe a break. Met him at MGC and he's a great guy. He poured his heart into Wonka and I think, given a little more time, there will be more love for Wonka in the coming months. Just like DI and JJPOTC. Anyhow, back to the fantasizing about another Stern. But give it a rest, folks.

#1200 4 years ago

I am pretty sure that is not in the near future.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/24?hl=davisjl1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.