OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 73.
#1101 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I guess it depends on if it's your birthday?

OMG, I help at front office in a hospital nearby and just laughed trough the whole building. XD

#1102 4 years ago

Would someone please begin a new thread, Jurassic Park 2 vs BKSoR

#1103 4 years ago

Can't ....wait....any....longer....

cc28d37e9048da5989adf50e8a35e7f9--disney-puns-funny-disney (resized).jpgcc28d37e9048da5989adf50e8a35e7f9--disney-puns-funny-disney (resized).jpg
#1104 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I guess it depends on if it's your birthday?

a sucker is born everyday... but a swallower is a different story.

#1105 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why.
WHY?!?!?!?!

Punishment for the leak? I mean it's Stern, they probably updated the code and bricked the thing

#1106 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I just find it hilarious everyone calls the guy "Newman" when his character in the movie was "Nedry."

I'm betting he can't walk in public without people shouting "Newman!" at him. Every...day...of...his...life.

#1107 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Punishment for the leak? I mean it's Stern, they probably updated the code and bricked the thing

The version I heard was that someone misplaced the memory card with the code, and that was the only copy of the code on the planet.

#1108 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah it’s odd because it’s a pre produced video. I could understand a stream being rescheduled if a mech or something was acting up but not a release of pics and video.

#1109 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm betting he can't walk in public without people shouting "Newman!" at him. Every...day...of...his...life.

It's his cross to bear. I'm sure he's come to terms with it. The only thing worse is when nobody recognizes you.

Last I saw him was in the Coen Brother's movie about 50s hollywood/communists. Great movie.

Newman got fat again which shouldn't be a shocker. He looked pretty good in the movie considering it's been 20 years since seinfeld.

#1110 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

BKSoR is pure gold for me, my only gripe is that the knight doesn't 'shake'.

If he shook, you'd want his head to spin around. It's never enough.

#1111 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

If he shook, you'd want his head to spin around. It's never enough.

I know what you mean but that thing in particular is a "no".

Of course something representing the other monsters would be nice.

#1112 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I just find it hilarious everyone calls the guy "Newman" when his character in the movie was "Nedry."

What will really blow your mind is Nedry is an anagram of 'Nerdy'

#1113 4 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Yeah it’s odd because it’s a pre produced video. I could understand a stream being rescheduled if a mech or something was acting up but not a release of pics and video.

They posted the video showing the development of BKSOR last night...i'm thinking they want to pump the sales of that one a bit more before they are astroturfed by the JP reveal.

#1114 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Stern makes some odd choices but not even Stern would try and punish there customer base because of a leak. The usual course of action when something leaks like this is to drop everything early and try and redirect conversation back to the company. I was very surprised they didn't release official pictures the moment the leak broke.

#1115 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

[quoted image]

I am so Krunchy the Clown.

#1116 4 years ago

I still wanna know how the raptors placed Sam Jackson's severed arm so perfectly in that doorway so it would fake out, then fall on Laura Dern's shoulder.

Would make a great Robot Chicken sketch. Also kind of like in Family Guy Star Wars when they try to pull the couch out of the trash compactor.

#1117 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yup. PiperPinball has already announced his "Newman 2.0" mod for the game!

#1118 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I still wanna know how the raptors placed Sam Jackson's severed arm so perfectly in that doorway so it would fake out, then fall on Laura Dern's shoulder.
Would make a great Robot Chicken sketch. Also kind of like in Family Guy Star Wars when they try to pull the couch out of the trash compactor.

Well they are clever girls...

#1119 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That scene is so campy and cheesy I thought it must have been on purpose like an homage to early black and white monster movies. It felt like the Wolfman or the Mummy.

#1120 4 years ago

If I buy one of these, I am going to be adding the Weird Al Jurassic Park song into it for sure!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1121 4 years ago

Greg nervously waiting for the Jurassic Park official reveal.....

9152FAB1-E9CD-404D-AE45-6A27D2FBBC8D (resized).jpeg9152FAB1-E9CD-404D-AE45-6A27D2FBBC8D (resized).jpeg
#1122 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Greg nervously waiting for the Jurassic Park official reveal.....[quoted image]

There is literally no way you can make Greg not gorgeous...

#1124 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

There is literally no way you can make Greg not gorgeous...

+1

#1125 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I was very surprised they didn't release official pictures the moment the leak broke.

Stern knew the leak was coming. They showed all the distributors on Tuesday. Of course at least one of them is going to share it. Just an inevitable part of the game release cycle. I wouldn't even call it a leak. Ghostbusters development art making the rounds several months ahead of time, that's a leak.

#1126 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

OMG, I help at front office in a hospital nearby and just laughed trough the whole building. XD

Agreed, that was classic.

#1127 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Stern knew the leak was coming. They showed all the distributors on Tuesday. Of course at least one of them is going to share it. Just an inevitable part of the game release cycle. I wouldn't even call it a leak. Ghostbusters development art making the rounds several months ahead of time, that's a leak.

I dunno, if I was Stern I'd start rethinking this practice of showing the distributors early. Clearly they can't actually be trusted with it.

#1128 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno, if I was Stern I'd start rethinking this practice of showing the distributors early. Clearly they can't actually be trusted with it.

So they should give all the distributors a slightly different art package and see who leaks. That’s what Tyrion Lannister would do.

#1129 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

when you hit the captive ball hard enough, the jeep spins around to the other side of the captive ball.

agree with this assessment. the toy likely has two static positions.
jp02 (resized).jpgjp02 (resized).jpg

#1130 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I am guessing the "leak" is all part of the plan.

Great way to make the nerds talk about it longer.

#1131 4 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

They are frantically reworking the cabinet art packages! Awe included!

#1132 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am guessing the "leak" is all part of the plan.
Great way to make the nerds talk about it longer.

I still think Stern doesn't really view the home buyer as the biggest market segment. Most everything they do tells me they are still primarily geared toward operators. Having "leaks" of the webinar probably isn't a big deal to them considering how close they are to a hard launch date by that time.

#1133 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

agree with this assessment, the toy likely has two static positions.[quoted image]

A truck with balls behind it.... I've seen those on the highway before.

truck-nuts (resized).jpgtruck-nuts (resized).jpg
#1134 4 years ago

We’re all definitely calling that shot “truck nuts,” right?

#1135 4 years ago

#1136 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I still think Stern doesn't really view the home buyer as the biggest market segment. Most everything they do tells me they are still primarily geared toward operators. Having "leaks" of the webinar probably isn't a big deal to them considering how close they are to a hard launch date by that time.

Pretty sure they sell WAY WAY WAY more to home users.

They likely view us operators as a key demographic for advertising games, which is for sure a great way for them to sell more games.
I think I average 2 calls per month with first time buyers that played game "x" on our route and want some advice on options/where to buy.

#1137 4 years ago

I think they still had some promotional videos/footage for black knight to release as they just released one yesterday and don’t want to release the new game so close and probably postponed it a day

#1138 4 years ago

Delayed release is probably so they can switch the cabinet art to this:

new_jp_art (resized).jpgnew_jp_art (resized).jpg
#1139 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Delayed release is probably so they can switch the cabinet art to this:[quoted image]

I'll take two LEs if that is the case!

#1140 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't really understand why they continue to do this besides "it's the way it's always been done."

#1141 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't really understand why they continue to do this besides "it's the way it's always been done."

Me either. Tell the distros the name of the game, pricing, shipment estimates, and how many LE they have been allocated. Images can come at official reveal.

#1142 4 years ago

I guess they just really don't care.. as stated the pinside crowd is such a small faction of actual buyers that doing a proper reveal isn't really a priority. When Stern does their actual reveal along with any promo videos and streams, it's usually the first time most people see or hear about the game anyway.

#1143 4 years ago

But at this point Stern could also be transparent and officially acknowledge and detail when a reveal will occur.

Crazy idea, I know.

03bdbb56779130453816a7875a0cde9d (resized).png03bdbb56779130453816a7875a0cde9d (resized).png
#1144 4 years ago

I love how there is a 3 day YouTube countdown for a home pin and radio silence for the “actual” release.

#1145 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

I love how there is a 3 day YouTube countdown for a home pin and radio silence for the “actual” release.

They have to think they hilarious. Honestly I would troll us too if I were them

#1146 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

This is trolling without a doubt.

#1147 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

This is trolling without a doubt.

You don't have even the slightest doubt?!

#1148 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You don't have even the slightest doubt?!

It's either trolling or severe incompetence. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

#1149 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

It's either trolling or severe incompetence. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

How are they trolling us now? By not having a countdown clock? Or by having one for Star Wars?

Why do you think they are playing these sick head games with us?

#1150 4 years ago

When are we getting a Monty Python and the Holy Grail pin? The rabbit better eat the ball...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/23?hl=joelbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.