OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 73.
#1052 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You just can’t replace the sense of awe and wonder that comes with a real toy Jeep Wrangler!

Who are you responding to with these smart ass comments?

#1053 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

I made this jeep mod for my DE JP a few years back. And a Newman head! Plan on making new mods for Stern’s JP pin when we get it in Sept.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Could use some plastic trees though

#1054 4 years ago

My contribution to this Jurasic minefield of a thread shall be listing my thoughts as to what 2 major differences will be between Pro and Premium/LE versions. Here goes nothing...

1. T-Rex toy - pro it will be static; premium/LE it will be munching on pinballs and barfing them up.
2. The electric fence (area on the left side with the dino looking like Blue) on the premium/LE will contain a more elaborate ball locking mechanism as opposed to the pro. Looking closely at the pics, the premium/LE version's mech of that cage area and looks as though a ball will lock underneath the playfield; then perhaps, a 2nd ball locks on a magnet; finally the barrier target raises up, and shooting it releases the multiball.. Just a guess on functionality here.

Other than that, the only other obvious difference (between pro/prem) will be cabinet artwork.

In general, I loved (and still like) the orginal DE JP. While the artwork looking a little "meh" for me at this point on the JP 2.0, I'm extremely excited by the looks of the layout. Call me naive, but I have alot of faith in Elwin and the team he's working with (IM is an absolutely addictive, amazing shooter, imho).

#1055 4 years ago

I like the Jurassic movies and previously owned JP pinball. I don't know why, but to me it looks like this new JP pin is designed primarily to be a routed game. Nothing against that, but I'll wait for Elvira and play BKSoF while I wait. Besides, who can afford to buy all of them?

#1056 4 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Even though I’m turned off by the art I just put my pre order in at Flip N Out. Lol. It’s still JP and Kieth looks to have done a great job on his end! So we shall see. Hoping it’s better in person

Here you go Greg- You can get a Jeep Wrangler with the LE
D758CE98-9594-493D-9D07-DFDE5898217F (resized).jpegD758CE98-9594-493D-9D07-DFDE5898217F (resized).jpeg

#1057 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

Ha ha I’m going to bring it to expo and see if I can really get George to ride with me in it!!!!

#1058 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

Haha thats hilarious!

#1059 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Newman .5[quoted image]

"My weight was like a room of flesh I hid myself in."

Damn. More frightening a sentence than Poe, King, and Lovecraft ever penned.

#1060 4 years ago

I dunno what everyone has with the art.

Especially when we can't see shit on this low res pictures.

Only complaint from my side would be the composition of the backglasses/ translites, since there is no real 'center'or focus point (JP DE has the bis T-Rex above the logo dead center)...

...and even that is a thing mostly with all pinball ("just throw EVERYTHING and EVERYONE onto that picture") only here the artist doesn't have a lot to work with.

#1061 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You just can’t replace the sense of awe and wonder that comes with a real toy Jeep Wrangler!

My other current hobby is off roading in my Jeep Wrangler, so that toy just might be enough to make me pull the trigger!

#1062 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

[quoted image]

*checks programmer name ...* Lyman F. Sheats Jr.

“It might not be great on opening day but it will be fantastic in 2 years!”.

“That’s not what we want to hear when the code is what keeps huge monsters from eating the patrons!”

Yes, I know sheats isn’t doing jp

#1063 4 years ago

I hear they added this as a ball lock in the LE

83DDA5C9-9E86-41A1-96F2-AEAEC12059F1 (resized).jpeg83DDA5C9-9E86-41A1-96F2-AEAEC12059F1 (resized).jpeg
#1064 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

Ha!

#1065 4 years ago
Quoted from deibert:

Can someone try to explain this double captive ball?

Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I think the captive balls are attached to each other and the one below the truck is the 'center'.
Hitting the other one makes it position different and also pointing the truck in another position?

Quoted from rai:

Lower ball is not captive just picture taken while it’s in contact with captive ball.
My guess: I think you hit the captive ball to get the truck to rotate to change the travel direction of the player. It determines how you progress on the map.

If you look very close at the captive balls, they do look like they are joined together. Also, in every photo the pinballs are always next to each other so I don't believe that it is just for demonstration purposes that they are next to each other. I think they modified the Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Premium)-le "Newton Ball" because in every photo the lower ball is always in the same spot, but not the upper ball which is where the idea of hitting the ball to turn the truck seems reasonable. It does say on the rule card under the section "PADDOCKS": "Direction of TRUCK determines map path."

Also I noticed from the photos that the premium seems to have more red details on the truck, playfield, and arrow inserts around the captive ball when compared to the pro.

park_comparison.pngpark_comparison.png
#1066 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Like every game, there is a 48 hour honeymoon with every game announcement. The tides of positive comments usually begin to shift around day 3.

Except for Star Wars home edition, then Pinside pretty much skipped to day 3 from the start

#1067 4 years ago

Black Knight Soldier of Fortune? I want one.

wallpaper (resized).jpgwallpaper (resized).jpg
#1068 4 years ago
Quoted from Kisco:

If you look very close at the captive balls, they do look like they are joined together. Also, in every photo the pinballs are always next to each other so I don't believe that it is just for demonstration purposes that they are next to each other. I think they modified the Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Premium/LE) "Newton Ball" because in every photo the lower ball is always in the same spot, but not the upper ball which is where the idea of hitting the ball to turn the truck seems reasonable. It does say on the rule card under the section "PADDOCKS": "Direction of TRUCK determines map path."
Also I noticed from the photos that the premium seems to have more red details on the truck, playfield, and arrow inserts around the captive ball when compared to the pro.[quoted image]

I've heard that those balls work like a spinner. Like the flail in BKSOR but these are on the playfield.

#1069 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

I made this jeep mod for my DE JP a few years back. And a Newman head! Plan on making new mods for Stern’s JP pin when we get it in Sept.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

fukn epic mods!!!!

#1070 4 years ago

@mnpinball

we getting high res photos today?

#1071 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

mnpinball we getting high res photos today?

This thread will look like this if the high res pics don't make it up today LOL

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1072 4 years ago

Just got the full breakdown through the Stern insider program.........oh wait, I mean I havent heard shit from the Stern insider program lol.

#1077 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

You can always go to Cointaker. They'll sell you someone else's game for the right price...

Bang ! Upper cut .

IMG_20190725_223036 (resized).jpgIMG_20190725_223036 (resized).jpg
#1078 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

You can always go to Cointaker. They'll sell you someone else's game for the right price...

I likely missed it.

Did this actually happen?

#1079 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I likely missed it.
Did this actually happen?

It's all aboutThe big Lebowski

#1080 4 years ago

I’m still hoping that all the art was a hoax and the real art will blow us away.

#1081 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m still hoping that all the art was a hoax and the real art will blow us away.

Doubtful

#1082 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Cannot see this happening, But I think this will looks sweet when the high Res pics come out later today/tomorrow.

#1084 4 years ago
Quoted from Kisco:

If you look very close at the captive balls, they do look like they are joined together. Also, in every photo the pinballs are always next to each other so I don't believe that it is just for demonstration purposes that they are next to each other. I think they modified the Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Premium/LE) "Newton Ball" because in every photo the lower ball is always in the same spot, but not the upper ball which is where the idea of hitting the ball to turn the truck seems reasonable. It does say on the rule card under the section "PADDOCKS": "Direction of TRUCK determines map path."
Also I noticed from the photos that the premium seems to have more red details on the truck, playfield, and arrow inserts around the captive ball when compared to the pro.[quoted image]

So, in other words, when you hit the captive ball hard enough, the jeep spins around to the other side of the captive ball. Kind of a cool little trick.

#1085 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

So, in other words, when you hit the captive ball hard enough, the jeep spins around to the other side of the captive ball. Kind of a cool little trick.

Or perhaps with the first one not moving and being a pivot you actually have to hit the 2nd one on a side graze to turn the whole mech the other way.

#1086 4 years ago

What time is this reveal expected to happen? Ten-thirty Central Time?

It's quiet on IGN's News page:

https://www.ign.com/articles?tags=news

#1087 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So is this sort of going down the "Raw Thrills" road of using properties but creating new experiences, and not playing the movie?
With how few licenses are available that haven't been done, this seems like the only way forward.

Makes sense. Josh Sharpe works for Raw Thrills. Zach Sharpe works for Stern.

#1088 4 years ago

*BANGS TABLE*

release the dinos!

#1089 4 years ago

Another Jurassic Park! Hopefully the gameplay outweighs the theme.
Unlike BKSOR where the theme outweighs the gameplay.

#1090 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Theme's already great.

#1091 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Not sure if you're plain wrong (in my opinion of course) or my english is too bad.

BKSoR is pure gold for me, my only gripe is that the knight doesn't 'shake'.

#1092 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

What time is this reveal expected to happen? Ten-thirty Central Time?
It's quiet on IGN's News page:
https://www.ign.com/articles?tags=news

Unveil was delayed until tomorrow.

#1093 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Does mnpinball confirm?

#1094 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

we want .gifwe want .gif

#1095 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

head-explode (resized).jpghead-explode (resized).jpg
#1096 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I just want to know if the dinosaur eats the ball.

Why.

WHY?!?!?!?!

#1097 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just want to know if the dinosaur eats the ball.
Why.
WHY?!?!?!?!

Does the Dino spit or swallow?

#1098 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Does the Dino spit or swallow?

I guess it depends on if it's your birthday?

#1099 4 years ago

You don't delay a reveal to a friday... *sceptical*

#1100 4 years ago

I just find it hilarious everyone calls the guy "Newman" when his character in the movie was "Nedry."

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/22?hl=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.