OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 73.
#1001 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Sweet, just need a time machine.

JP is probably Stern’s best theme since GB and they give the art to John Crap? Why the need for a time machine for Elvira? It’s next. If I’m Stern I give the best themes to my best artist. That’s just me.

#1002 4 years ago
Quoted from L8vid:

I'm hoping this includes the "lawyer-chomp" scene!

#1003 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Random thought but let's say DE JP never came out and Stern released it now. I think they could charge 6k+ and people would pay for it..... Especially with that dino eating the ball. Imagine we never saw that before until now?

Exactly as it is, I think they would get a lot of complaints about going back to the DMD and having terrible playfield art. Outside of those two things, I don't think they would have any issue. The original Jurassic Park has a great layout (borrowed from Whirlwind / Addams Family), great toys, plus includes a topper and shaker motor.

#1004 4 years ago

The sausage fingers threads would have been worth it.

#1005 4 years ago

Can someone try to explain this double captive ball?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1006 4 years ago
Quoted from deibert:

Can someone try to explain this double captive ball?[quoted image]

Lower ball is not captive just picture taken while it’s in contact with captive ball.

#1007 4 years ago
Quoted from deibert:

My guess: I think you hit the captive ball to get the truck to rotate to change the travel direction of the player. It determines how you progress on the map.

#1008 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Munsters was garbage day 1. Don't even get me started with black knight which apparently is the biggest tanker of the year sales wise except the few diehards on here who defend to the death. Big rebound by Stern here. They knew they f'd it up recently especially after killing it with imdn and DP.

Thank you. BK3 is goddamn awful.

#1009 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

First reaction:
1) Hard to really say one way or another because this photos aren't very good. You can't zoom in and see any detail so honestly everyone should hold off and wait for the final photos/videos. Secondly without seeing a video of it being played again hard to tell.
2) Negatives: It looks just like Octoberfest. Not crazy about the artwork or the color of powder coating on an LE. If the game doesn't have video assets from the movie, the game isn't in my view a high end collector game. There is a new standard for collector games and I think you need clips from the movie. If this game doesn't have video assets it will be the how many in a row games they didn't get, pay for, or use video assets IE Deadpool. What is the deal with that goofy looking toy jeep? I'm sorry that looks goofy. Last negative why would stern let all these photos be be leaked without actually releasing real photos?
3) Positives: Unlike the most barron game in modern history "Black Knight" the game seems packed with stuff, to the point it almost look a bit cluttered. No matter I'm happy to see Stern getting back making a World under the glass. But I have to say again without seeing high rez photos its hard to tell pro or con just how much you like the game. If anyone can honest say they love the playfield when you zoom in and everything goes blurry... it looks good actually looks great but you can't zoom in to really see.
4) Negatives Part 2: I'm not sure this theme is what anyone is dying to buy. There is already a widely loved JP game out there, and without the movie clips I don't know why we need another one honestly. I think Stern should have done Stranger Things. With all that being said this is multiple game in a row based on a movie that Stern didn't get the movie assets (Deadpool). As a pinball COLLECTOR I want movie clips. If I was a pinball player I agree who cares. Its kind of like this, you never knew you wanted movie clips until you got them. If you're one of the best players in the world, you could care less. I get it.
5) Will the game sell? This game isn't going to sell like Ghostbusters or ACDC because honestly I don't think people care about collectables from this franchise. People might see the movies but do they inspire people to collect from the films? I think the answer is no. People are going out of their way to get collectables from Halloween, Stranger Things, Star Wars, etc... not JP. I think the game is going to sell but it will be something just above average for Stern. Lastly on this subject this game is going to be compared to Octoberfest... so what that means is now Octoberfest is DOOMED.
6) No matter what I said or anyone said, doesn't matter until you see HIGH REZ photos. No matter what anyone says, until you play it you don't know anything... based on what I see the three takeaways are these:
a) Pinball game looks packed that is great. Looks like a really fun pinball to play.
b) Not crazy about missing film clips, not crazy about the art or powder coating on an LE.
c) The theme for me is kinda like okay I've seen the movies, they're okay, fun movies but nothing you collect from like on Star Wars. There is no radical fan base that will go to the end of the earth to see something from the movies. Its fun summer popcorn movie. I give the theme a B minus, whereas ACDC is an A plus. People are so fanatical right now about Stranger Things, It, Avengers, Queen, blah, blah... I think Stranger Things game gets a lot of national media whereas this game will not.
I think people are going to get excited about the game if for no other reason than people want to see a new game from Stern with a license with more toys, and creative layouts, ect Iron Maiden is a popular game because of the game itself, but the band just isn't that popular. I've talked to so many people who said Iron maiden is their favorite pinball of all time because of the game itself, while not loving the theme. I think this is why more people will want to buy this title over the last few because there are more people familiar with the theme.
Pinball players like a good pinball game, like Iron Maiden, but collectors want something more. I think this new game is somewhere in the middle so we'll just have to wait and see the final product in person.
Overall the game looks cool, looks jam packed unlike the black knight. I think its going to sell pretty good but I think they'll do better with a hotter theme like Stranger Things or getting an iconic band Queen, Led Zep, etc. The guy who designed this game did amazing job on Iron Maiden so I'm sure its going to be fun!

By the time I read this, this had 33 downvotes and no upvotes. WTF is going on on Pinside now? This is NOT an immflamatory post! True, Mr. Dr. Frightener has posted plenty of polemic stuff, but not this. Clearly people are just downvoting without reading.

Be better Pinside. In fact, Be Best.

#1010 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

By the time I read this, this had 33 downvotes and no upvotes. WTF is going on on Pinside now? This is NOT an immflamatory post! True, Mr. Dr. Frightener has posted plenty of polemic stuff, it not this. Clearly people are just downvoting without reading.

Got downvotes probably because it's super long and also people probably disagree with a lot of his opinions he stated as facts.

#1011 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

My guess: I think you hit the captive call to get the truck to rotate to change the travel direction of the player. It determines how you progress on the map.

I hope they don't include that "monster truck" in the animations. Replacing it with a Jeep Wrangler would be my first mod. It looks like it was designed to appeal to my 7 year old kids. Bonus, if I can find one with Ian Malcom sitting in the back as they are being chased by a t-rex..."Must go faster."

51fO24hmtnL._SX466_ (resized).jpg51fO24hmtnL._SX466_ (resized).jpg

#1012 4 years ago

By the time I read this, this had 33 downvotes and no upvotes. WTF is going on on Pinside now? This is NOT an immflamatory post! True, Mr. Dr. Frightener has posted plenty of polemic stuff, it not this. Clearly people are just downvoting without reading.

I downvoted it for "barron."

Also the dumb talk about "national media" coverage. Are we to believe a Stranger Things pin would end up on the evening news and bring millions of people flooding to play pinball for the first time in their lives? lol "ok."

#1013 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I hope they don't include that "monster truck" in the animations. Replacing it with a Jeep Wrangler would be my first mod. It looks like it was designed to appeal to my 7 year old kids.
[quoted image]

I was thinking the same thing, but it has to just about be a sure thing that the current truck will be featured in the animations. It's going to feature pretty heavily into the whole map and paddock rules I take it. It also looks proportioned strangely, I'm betting that it is a hollow shell that covers most of the spinning mechanism and might make replacement a challenge too, if so.

Quoted from deibert:

I'm been wondering about that too. That idea that the second ball is just the active ball in play like someone suggested above makes sense, but you'll notice that the pics of the premium also have two balls there, in a different rotation, along with the truck itself.

#1014 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

I downvoted it for "barron."
Also the dumb talk about "national media" coverage. Are we to believe a Stranger Things pin would end up on the evening news and bring millions of people flooding to play pinball for the first time in their lives? lol "ok."

Barron

#1015 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I was thinking the same thing, but it has to just about be a sure thing that the current truck will be featured in the animations. It's going to feature pretty heavily into the whole map and paddock rules I take it. It also looks proportioned strangely, I'm getting it is a hollow shell that covers most of the spinning mechanism and might make replacement a challenge too, if so.

I don't disagree, it's on the LE artwork. Overall, I like the look of the game, but to me that toy stands out in a bad way.

#1016 4 years ago

i don’t think that’s even a real dinosaur head ? wtf!

#1017 4 years ago

Does anyone else think these pics are a hoax made by someone trying to have some fun creating fake news?

#1018 4 years ago

Will be interested to see if T-REX head looks 3 balls like upper play field on BKLE .

#1019 4 years ago

When is the official Stern reveal? Tomorrow?

#1020 4 years ago
Quoted from deibert:

Looking at all the pictures those two balls are always at the same rotational angle in relation to the rotational angle of the vehicle.
So those two balls are welded together. One of them is the pivot, the other one spins around the pivot, you hit it to spin the vehicle.

#1021 4 years ago

WTF is going on on Pinside now?

It's been going on for years...just look at your upvote %

#1022 4 years ago
Quoted from Shinemyballz:

i don’t think that’s even a real dinosaur head ? wtf!

It fails to evoke the wonder and awe of a real dinosaur!!!

#1023 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yeah original cab was better. Stand a mile away squint your eyes you'd still know what the game is. But that style is long gone in the current DETAIL IS KING pinball art world.
The only reason people are saying this looks like Oktoberfest is because GREEN.
Title cards are fine, they match the other colors in the game. Sheesh.
I'm sure Stern was pressured by Universal to make World instead of Park. They probably would have gotten more assets as well. Glad they didn't. Nobody cares about the new movies, but the original is The Millenial's Star Wars.
Its really no different than Stern SW being original trilogy instead of the new movies.

The post of the original artwork and Ben's comments about "detail is king" in pinball hit the nail of the head with what was bothering me about the cabinet and backglass. In terms of graphic design and art 'academic perspective', when a composition has balance (I.e portions of low detail, high detail, and say 3 points of key focus), your brain generally reads something as more pleasing. When something is just high detail all over (backglass, under glass and cabinet) then your brain generally reads the "busy" nature of the design as less pleasing.

Notwithstanding the design choice to go detail all over, I am really excited about what has been designed under the glass and think that this will be a great pin in the long run. If an aftermarket one is made, I think that a simple Jurassic Park logo on the translite might elevate the overall package

#1024 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

I’m Thinking the dinosaur locks 2 balls in its mouth

lol.giflol.gif
#1025 4 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

BK3 is goddamn awful.

Get ready Delt for some die hard defending coming right now.

I think alot of godamn awful players hate that game cause its a killer, part of the reason I love it. I bet this phrase is uttered alot. "I just launched the ball and it drained right away, its too fast, I'm going back to The Hobbit" Oh yeah

#1026 4 years ago

By the time I read this, this had 33 downvotes and no upvotes. WTF is going on on Pinside now?

They can recognize douchebagery at its finest and tend to disagree with it, I don't know you think I might be on to something, maybe?

#1027 4 years ago
sopranos (resized).jpgsopranos (resized).jpg
#1028 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I hope they don't include that "monster truck" in the animations. Replacing it with a Jeep Wrangler would be my first mod. It looks like it was designed to appeal to my 7 year old kids.

Yeah that toy jeep is definitely for adults.

#1029 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Or just a bunch of bored dudes with nothing better to do than argue about a $5000-$9000 toy- that’s probably the biggest pin release of 2019- Yes, that would include me. Also wife just had a baby so I’m sitting around bored...

Congrats man! Your first?

Yeah, but this still feels more lively, and the how many other threads leading up to this, than most other releases.

I do have a feeling this is going to cut Wonka to the candy bits. Either way, my paycheck isn't affected.....unless I bought one or both, that is!

#1030 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yeah that toy jeep is definitely for adults.

You just can’t replace the sense of awe and wonder that comes with a real toy Jeep Wrangler!

#1031 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Congrats man! Your first?
Yeah, but this still feels more lively, and the how many other threads leading up to this, than most other releases.
I do have a feeling this is going to cut Wonka to the candy bits. Either way, my paycheck isn't affected.....unless I bought one or both, that is!

3rd baby. No more!! Wife’s had 3 c sections. We’re done! I’ve been off work and have enjoyed being here on pinside. This has been a great thread- filled with humor and fun. Definitely looking forward to Jurassic Park.

#1032 4 years ago

I hear you. I just got a few downvotes for asking a simple question lol

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:By the time I read this, this had 33 downvotes and no upvotes. WTF is going on on Pinside now? This is NOT an immflamatory post! True, Mr. Dr. Frightener has posted plenty of polemic stuff, but not this. Clearly people are just downvoting without reading.

#1033 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Crazy! It's almost like you asked a question and then people used the up or down thumbs to answer it.

#1034 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Simple or Stupid, I just read it and I gotta ask ya what did u expect?

#1035 4 years ago

I am have a confession to make, I saw Dr Frightener’s post and just down voted it without even reading it. I need to get paid if I am to read his crap.

#1036 4 years ago
Quoted from deibert:

Looks to me like one ball is a center rotating ball while the other is connected to its side. Maybe you hit the outer ball to spin the assembly clockwise or counterclockwise. That behavior kind of matches the curved arrows on each side of the center ball.

#1037 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yeah original cab was better. Stand a mile away squint your eyes you'd still know what the game is. But that style is long gone in the current DETAIL IS KING pinball art world.
The only reason people are saying this looks like Oktoberfest is because GREEN.
Title cards are fine, they match the other colors in the game. Sheesh.
I'm sure Stern was pressured by Universal to make World instead of Park. They probably would have gotten more assets as well. Glad they didn't. Nobody cares about the new movies, but the original is The Millenial's Star Wars.
Its really no different than Stern SW being original trilogy instead of the new movies.

Why is plain JP cab cool and iconic but Willy Wonka plain cab is a disaster?

#1038 4 years ago

Why is plain JP cab cool and iconic but Willy Wonka plain cap is a disaster?

SE is growing on me. Killer art work? - hell no but will it look great with Golden ticket armor oh yeah.

JP art work looks like a cross between cartoon and realism so I will not judge it till I see it in my game room.
Buying this one for the Grandson.

#1039 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Get ready Delt for some die hard defending coming right now.
I think alot of godamn awful players hate that game cause its a killer, part of the reason I love it. I bet this phrase is uttered alot. "I just launched the ball and it drained right away, its too fast, I'm going back to The Hobbit" Oh yeah

This is what many said about Xenon and the original B.K. back in the day. It's too fast, give me a Captain Fantastic.

#1040 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I hope they don't include that "monster truck" in the animations. Replacing it with a Jeep Wrangler would be my first mod. It looks like it was designed to appeal to my 7 year old kids. Bonus, if I can find one with Ian Malcom sitting in the back as they are being chased by a t-rex..."Must go faster."
[quoted image]

I made this jeep mod for my DE JP a few years back. And a Newman head! Plan on making new mods for Stern’s JP pin when we get it in Sept.

29B28F47-B364-4582-B4A3-0D344A9E566A (resized).jpeg29B28F47-B364-4582-B4A3-0D344A9E566A (resized).jpeg71D718FA-0376-4226-8324-3D8B51F8678B (resized).jpeg71D718FA-0376-4226-8324-3D8B51F8678B (resized).jpeg8B49DF24-EFD0-42BA-9E31-372650AC2456 (resized).jpeg8B49DF24-EFD0-42BA-9E31-372650AC2456 (resized).jpeg98606E6A-F99A-4F2F-B754-29E6ACD8F26A (resized).jpeg98606E6A-F99A-4F2F-B754-29E6ACD8F26A (resized).jpegD6B65B10-46A3-4466-9E90-7FDA0FA515DC (resized).jpegD6B65B10-46A3-4466-9E90-7FDA0FA515DC (resized).jpeg9F330CB2-FD44-4C35-BB2B-E71E84709E1F (resized).jpeg9F330CB2-FD44-4C35-BB2B-E71E84709E1F (resized).jpeg
#1041 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

I made this jeep mod for my DE JP a few years back. And a Newman head! Plan on making new mods for Stern’s JP pin when we get it in Sept.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I lol’d when I saw The face!

#1042 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I lol’d when I saw The face!

Plan on Newman 2.0 coming this September!

#1043 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Yes, Some are sold out of LE’s already

there is still plenty. the le pre order spree
isnt what it used to be.

#1044 4 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

Quoted from UNCgump:

like the godfather 3 movie

#1045 4 years ago

Who is designing the new Jurassic Park?

#1046 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

I made this jeep mod for my DE JP a few years back. And a Newman head! Plan on making new mods for Stern’s JP pin when we get it in Sept.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I must have missed the scene in Jurassic Park where Newman became possessed by a demon

#1047 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

I must have missed the scene in Jurassic Park where Newman became possessed by a demon

Directors cut

#1048 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Says the person who just ranted about how shit it is, despite never actually seeing the game, let alone seeing it be played, let alone playing. Or hearing it. Or anything.
Good lord, this forum is just full of old sour fucks now. At least wait until the game is revealed to crap on it. But no, everyone already has all kinds of nonsense to be unhappy about over some low rez photos. Didn't get enough hate on Star Wars Home clearly.
If this is actually Keith Elwin's game then I'm sure as hell not betting against it being smart and fun before I play it. And I think anyone who takes the other side of that bet is a sucker. Guess we'll see, but in the meantime maybe eat your prunes or something, and stop taking your cramps out on the poor game before it even has a chance to shine.

Oh, I thought that Stern was legally forcing people to buy it, so they have the right to complain without any first-hand knowledge or experience with the pin. If you saying that buying one is an option, then your points make a little more sense to me now.

#1049 4 years ago

Hmmm, wonder if this will de-value or over-value my DE JP?

#1050 4 years ago

Thinking of getting a bunch of these for over by Newman on the new table:

s-l300 (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 14.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 39.00
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/21?hl=getadam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.