OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 73.
#901 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Why would they put a dino from JP3 on the back glass of the limited? Everything else looks to be from JP1.
Also, Stern has reset their bar. I would expect nothing less than this from now on.

I imagine they were waiting to see how long it would take for someone to notice.

#902 4 years ago

This game needs a mosquito trapped in amber shooter rod.

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

*mod couple rapidly writing notes*

#904 4 years ago

(please excuse the quick crude mockup) But I'm waiting for the JPBIBLE from 65 million years ago.

JPBIBLE (resized).pngJPBIBLE (resized).png
#905 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:(please excuse the quick crude mockup) But I'm waiting for the JPBIBLE from 65 million years ago.[quoted image]

I love the simplicity of the original cab. Black with just the logo on it, so I'd be all for a version like this with one exception. Replace the t-rex on the backglass with one that better represents the movie. It just feels kinda like they started the artwork based off of science books before Universal revealed what the Trex would actually look like.

#906 4 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Please make this rounded and a reasonably normal size! I think it's a great idea. I can't stand grabbing shooter rods like Aerosmith's Jacky custom rod.

#907 4 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Ha, I was just thinking the same thing last night. Good call.

#908 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image]

Wow, they bare a fleeting resemblance at first glance. (slow clap)

#909 4 years ago

Can't wait to see some gameplay on this. It seems promising just based on the crappy pics we have so far. I haven't been the least bit interested in anything Stern has produced the past couple of years but this could possibly change that.

#910 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not sure what is worse, the actual complaining about a game with blurry photos or Aurich complaining about people complaining.

The pics are worse because we usually have better ones. Aurich's copy and paste same shit different day

#911 4 years ago

I would think this game is going to have epic shaker motor integration.

#912 4 years ago

I hope Stern tells us what the topper is going to be/do.

#913 4 years ago

Side art on pins are cool and all, but does it really matter at the end of the day since most really wont see it? My games are so tightly crammed in together that I can barely see the side art on them.

#914 4 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

From memory tom wible did the LOTR Ring completely encased in a resin sphere on the shooter rod, looked amazing! (still have mine ready for next lotr)
Wonder if he is still around?

#915 4 years ago
Quoted from thecashier76:

It's a holographic Mr. DNA

#916 4 years ago

Sent payment for a Pro today..

#917 4 years ago

I've seen some truly "rehashed" layouts, or at least some that were debatable. But other than colors, Octoberfest, really? No, this is not a Jurassic Octoberfest for crying out loud. Plain and simple.

Thankfully, as I thought Octoberfest was pretty much garbage in my limited play time on it...

#918 4 years ago

Yeah original cab was better. Stand a mile away squint your eyes you'd still know what the game is. But that style is long gone in the current DETAIL IS KING pinball art world.

The only reason people are saying this looks like Oktoberfest is because GREEN.

Title cards are fine, they match the other colors in the game. Sheesh.

I'm sure Stern was pressured by Universal to make World instead of Park. They probably would have gotten more assets as well. Glad they didn't. Nobody cares about the new movies, but the original is The Millenial's Star Wars.

Its really no different than Stern SW being original trilogy instead of the new movies.

#919 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I've seen some truly "rehashed" layouts, or at least some that were debatable. But other than colors, Octoberfest, really? No, this is not a Jurassic Octoberfest for crying out loud. Plain and simple.
Thankfully, as I thought Octoberfest was pretty much garbage in my limited play time on it...

Determined a game was garbage with limited play? Wow.. Okto is a departure from the norm, and has a lot of neat fun things about it. But if you just want another T2 or Walking dead, you’ll probably think it’s “garbage”

#920 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Aurich, any chance you would design an alternative backglass for this if there is enough demand? I really like the game, features and cabinet (from what I can see so far), but the backglass is pretty average

Zero chance. If anyone else wants to do the work to get the Stern C&D feel free, but those days are behind me. And fair enough, they pay the license fees etc, within their rights to shut down people who don't. Not mad about it, just how it works now. Anyone can draw dinosaurs, but stick the JP logo on and it's got a target on it.

Any mods I do in the future will steer clear of trademark issues like that.

I will admit that the early look at the art isn't grabbing me, but I'd wait until proper high rez photos are out, and it's probably better lit up instead of mocked up. But at worst it's just good enough, there's nothing wrong with it. I looked at the artist's site, he clearly talented, it may come to life better when the details can be seen.

#921 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I honestly don’t believe this is the actual LE art, look for something better to be released this is probably a placeholder. Can’t believe the rear hinge is obscuring the main character of the game.

The supercharged Jeep / monster truck isn't the main character?

#922 4 years ago
Quoted from thecashier76:

it's going to be a giant T Rex. If you have a really bad ball It's going to bend down and eat you.

#923 4 years ago

Anybody know what the price on the new Jurassic Park's is going to be?

#924 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

it's going to a giant T Rex. If you have a really bad ball It's going to bend down and eat you.

Coming soon! July 2022.

Sincerely,

Stern Pinball Topper Department

#925 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Zero chance. If anyone else wants to do the work to get the Stern C&D feel free, but those days are behind me. And fair enough, they pay the license fees etc, within their rights to shut down people who don't. Not mad about it, just how it works now. Anyone can draw dinosaurs, but stick the JP logo on and it's got a target on it.
Any mods I do in the future will steer clear of trademark issues like that.
I will admit that the early look at the art isn't grabbing me, but I'd wait until proper high rez photos are out, and it's probably better lit up instead of mocked up. But at worst it's just good enough, there's nothing wrong with it. I looked at the artist's site, he clearly talented, it may come to life better when the details can be seen.

I might create something, depends if I decide to buy one of these. Although it would be dinosaur themed and refrain from violating any copyrights or trademarks.

#926 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Same as always?

#927 4 years ago

You know what they say...if you have to ask...

#928 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not sure what is worse, the actual complaining about a game with blurry photos or Aurich complaining about people complaining.

This is a fair point, being cranky about people being cranky just leads to more cranky. I'll try for more positive.

Keith Elwin and I aren't buddies, more like chit chat when we see each other at shows. But I've been following and talking with him about his pinball development since the early days of Archer. He's not just a world class player, he's a thoughtful and smart dude when it comes to pinball. He has good ideas.

I want to see what he's done here. One some level this is Jurassic Park 2.0, and if this is the pitch:

"Take a classic theme and game, that everyone mostly likes, but admits suffers from being a 90s Data East, and let a fresh designer coming off his well received debut game give it a remix to turn it into a modern shooter with modern rule thinking"

then I'm interested. That's a solid elevator pitch.

I'm an art guy, I can obsess over logos and shit, I get it. But really the reason we buy these games, or seek them out, is to play right? I'm not saying Elwin is the new Brian Eddie, brilliant debut game, two all time classics as follow ups. Let's see how it goes first. But aren't people curious about how it shoots more than if the blurry photos of the island have as much green as another game?

I guess I was just thinking there should be more posts thinking about or being excited about how it plays. The media package stuff is important, but we haven't seen it yet. We used to obsess over shots more from every little leak, like the Hobbit CAD drawings. This forum has always had petty arguments, but we used to have more fun than fighting.

There's a place for criticism. It's good to temper hype. But we could stand to temper a little of the cynicism too. I dunno if Keith is reading this thread, I hope not honestly, but isn't that a shame? He hasn't done anything to deserve his new game getting crapped on before it's even shown. If that makes me a Keith Fanboy then so be it.

#929 4 years ago

Same price as recent games.

#930 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Exactly, he’s the most memorable of all of them, and I had no idea his name was Ian McDonald. Always just thought of him as Jeff Goldblum’s character.
And I remember Newman was in there somewhere also. No idea what his characters name was.
[quoted image]

It's simply that the actor had other roles that were bigger or their persona became bigger. It doesn't detract from their prior work.

Everyone knows Wayne Knight as Newman (Seinfield) - but everyone knows the character from JP.. even if they don't know him by name. Plenty of major characters make memorable impacts, even if you don't know them by name.

Good Fellas... who knows Joe Pesci's characters full name? No one cares.. they know the role.

The other characters in the story established a foothold and mindset referred to multiple times, even if they weren't onscreen. Hammond's folly is a recurring theme through all the movies.

JP isn't Star Wars... but it's up there in Spielberg's portfolio and a pop culture reference in many ways.

#931 4 years ago

They need callouts by Mr DNA... "SHOOT THA DINO-SAW"

#932 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

We just got locking balls in a mouth with Groot.

That game had ramps too! Travesty.

#933 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Wow, they bare a fleeting resemblance at first glance. (slow clap)

That’s like saying Amy Schumer and Kate Upton we’re separated at birth as well. I mean they are both blonde’s right???

#935 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's simply that the actor had other roles that were bigger or their persona became bigger. It doesn't detract from their prior work.
Everyone knows Wayne Knight as Newman (Seinfield) - but everyone knows the character from JP.. even if they don't know him by name. Plenty of major characters make memorable impacts, even if you don't know them by name.
Good Fellas... who knows Joe Pesci's characters full name? No one cares.. they know the role.
The other characters in the story established a foothold and mindset referred to multiple times, even if they weren't onscreen. Hammond's folly is a recurring theme through all the movies.
JP isn't Star Wars... but it's up there in Spielberg's portfolio and a pop culture reference in many ways.

Ohh man who doesn't know Dennis Nedry and Ian Malcom!! .........Uhh Uhh Uhhh, Uhh Uhh Uhhh. I guess people that aren't movie nerds like me

#936 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I see lots of negative on this thread

I was actually about to say how nice this thread is overall! The overwhelming majority of people are saying this looks like "it's loaded" and "a lot of fun" and "a homerun." Minor (and valid) criticism about the art or layout is to be expected. We are pinball nerds on the internet with time on our hands! Feel the love though. Feel the love...

#937 4 years ago

There's a new pinball machine! I must make a comment about it!

#938 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yeah original cab was better. Stand a mile away squint your eyes you'd still know what the game is. But that style is long gone in the current DETAIL IS KING pinball art world.
The only reason people are saying this looks like Oktoberfest is because GREEN.
Title cards are fine, they match the other colors in the game. Sheesh.
I'm sure Stern was pressured by Universal to make World instead of Park. They probably would have gotten more assets as well. Glad they didn't. Nobody cares about the new movies, but the original is The Millenial's Star Wars.
Its really no different than Stern SW being original trilogy instead of the new movies.

Hey, you forgot to invoke the barcade/millennial connection appeal that you use in every post.

#939 4 years ago

Like every game, there is a 48 hour honeymoon with every game announcement. The tides of positive comments usually begin to shift around day 3. I was admittedly jazzed about Munsters when they first showed it. And then was out pretty quick once I saw the gameplay. And even further out once I played it.

#940 4 years ago

If the mode start hole isn't lit "ah ah ah didn't say the magic word" xD

#941 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is a fair point, being cranky about people being cranky just leads to more cranky. I'll try for more positive.
Keith Elwin and I aren't buddies, more like chit chat when we see each other at shows. But I've been following and talking with him about his pinball development since the early days of Archer. He's not just a world class player, he's a thoughtful and smart dude when it comes to pinball. He has good ideas.
I want to see what he's done here. One some level this is Jurassic Park 2.0, and if this is the pitch:
"Take a classic theme and game, that everyone mostly likes, but admits suffers from being a 90s Data East, and let a fresh designer coming off his well received debut game give it a remix to turn it into a modern shooter with modern rule thinking"
then I'm interested. That's a solid elevator pitch.
I'm an art guy, I can obsess over logos and shit, I get it. But really the reason we buy these games, or seek them out, is to play right? I'm not saying Elwin is the new Brian Eddie, brilliant debut game, two all time classics as follow ups. Let's see how it goes first. But aren't people curious about how it shoots more than if the blurry photos of the island have as much green as another game?
I guess I was just thinking there should be more posts thinking about or being excited about how it plays. The media package stuff is important, but we haven't seen it yet. We used to obsess over shots more from every little leak, like the Hobbit CAD drawings. This forum has always had petty arguments, but we used to have more fun than fighting.

Very well said!!

Quoted from Aurich:

There's a place for criticism. It's good to temper hype. But we could stand to temper a little of the cynicism too. I dunno if Keith is reading this thread, I hope not honestly, but isn't that a shame? He hasn't done anything to deserve his new game getting crapped on before it's even shown. If that makes me a Keith Fanboy then so be it.

Agreed, but to be fair, there isn't any outright shitting all over the table aside from a few vocal manbabies (who are the same people that think their childhood is under assault from "SJWs" because Elvira might not be totally nude on her table. [Or something.])

#942 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Ohh man who doesn't know Dennis Nedry...

Persons referring to the actor as Michael Knight or the character as Newman?

#943 4 years ago

Always wanted a Jurassic Park jeep. Maybe i’ll just buy a pro-strip the decals, powercoat everything red and paint it like a jeep. Off road lights as the topper, grill for coindoor, (maybe) back of roll bar or red stripe on head side panels...screw it. Lets just do our own...put the word JEEP
Under flipper button and Nedrys number someplace...

#944 4 years ago

What if Brian Eddy consulted on the game and the TRex and Jeep move left and right with divertors like Shadow?

67C8D791-B6E6-4638-996E-351EDE8FB87F.gif67C8D791-B6E6-4638-996E-351EDE8FB87F.gif
#945 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Persons referring to the actor as Michael Knight or calling the character Newman?

Or people who are too busy networking 8 connection machines and debugging two million lines of code.

#946 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can’t believe the rear hinge is obscuring ...

And with this humble post, lost among the braying, a new pinball mod was born. Printed decals that cover the hinge and complete the side art when the head is in position. heh.

#947 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

And with this humble post, lost among the braying, a new pinball mod was born. Printed decals that cover the hinge and complete the side art when the head is in position. heh.

I'll make them for WONKA SE. Will incorporate proprietary technology so they also complete the side art when the head is lowered!

#948 4 years ago

In before the (HighRez) pics.

#949 4 years ago

Getting pretty late in the day Where is the announcement that an announcement is coming tomorrow.

#950 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

No, this is not a Jurassic Octoberfest for crying out loud. Plain and simple.

Well heres the big thing, who gives a shit if it is similar. I mean unless u already own Oktoberfest and feel they are too alike then what does it matter? I doubt that will be an issue, I'm mean with all those OFest owners who also want JPark

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Mequon, WI
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.