OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 73.
#851 4 years ago
Quoted from Kisco:

I took the leaked photos from TWIP's Facebook page, cleaned them up, and ran them through AI to get a higher resolution image that is more easy on the eyes. Check the photos out here:
https://imgur.com/gallery/xoOWlQ5 (separate imgur album link to reduce mass image spam)

Looks worse than the original pics

#852 4 years ago

Since Newman is on the pf itself I wouldn't be surprised if he provides voice clips.

#853 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Thinking this has something to do with China is odd.

That's why I said it was a crazy theory

#854 4 years ago

I didn't read the entire 18 page thread, but when is this supposed to be announced?

#855 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

So...ummm...anyone want to play one of these things before you buy?

Now you are being way to rational for Pinside

#856 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I didn't read the entire 18 page thread, but when is this supposed to be announced?

Thursday

#857 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Goldblum would be the only actor from that film that should do custom call outs, in fact he could do the call outs for pins with movie themes hes not even a part of and it would probably be great,

Nah, Goldblum is too old now.

Quoted from Aurich:

I know this site is full of old men,

Quoted from Aurich:

Good lord, this forum is just full of old sour fucks now.

Quoted from Aurich:

Guess we'll see, but in the meantime maybe eat your prunes or something

#858 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Not sure what is worse, the actual complaining about a game with blurry photos or Aurich complaining about people complaining.

#859 4 years ago

Does the pro have knock down targets in front of the raptor cage or is that just the premium/LE?

#860 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Does the pro have knock down targets in front of the raptor cage or is that just the premium/LE?

Doesn't look like it from what I can see. I love that feature though, but probably not enough to spend the coin on the premium.

#861 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not sure what is worse, the actual complaining about a game with blurry photos or Aurich complaining about people complaining.

“the circle of liiiiiiife”

#862 4 years ago
Quoted from Kisco:

I took the leaked photos from TWIP's Facebook page, cleaned them up, and ran them through AI to get a higher resolution image that is more easy on the eyes. Check the photos out here:
https://imgur.com/gallery/xoOWlQ5 (separate imgur album link to reduce mass image spam)

Nice work, many thanks for your time and effort!

#863 4 years ago

Game looks pretty cool, especially the pro. Hell, if Stern is remaking JP then there's hope a Back to the Future Trilogy pin will be made!

The instruction card mentions "control room" modes. In the movie during scenes in the control room we see the map of the island on a computer screen, this is the same map in the center of the playfield with all of the inserts. There appears to be 16-17 inserts on the island map. Are all of these control room modes? I would say a good number of them are. There's a few Jurassic Park T-Rex symbols on the map as well, these may match up to the "T-Rex Events" stated on the instruction card.

300px-Jurassic_Park_System (resized).png300px-Jurassic_Park_System (resized).png

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#864 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You think there a lot of complaints? I think it's mostly positive....

Sure art movie clips so not perfect but for Stern looks like a homerun

#865 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Just not seeing how anyone could say this is a rehash?[quoted image]

It's right there! Three pops.....and three pops! REHASH

#866 4 years ago

Maybe I'm just a little biased, but seems this topic is getting quite a bit of attention. Could this be a modern #1 seller for Stern. Curious what Stern has been selling the most of in the last 10 years. Star Trek?

#867 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

What? That is manure plain and simple and stinky manure.

#868 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Maybe I'm just a little biased, but seems this topic is getting quite a bit of attention. Could this be a modern #1 seller for Stern. Curious what Stern has been selling the most of in the last 10 years. Star Trek?

I think Ghostbusters was their last real home run when it comes to sales figures. Metallica before that. Note, I am not at all saying they haven't made other good games...I am just speaking of sales and production longevity.

#869 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Don’t mind this tbh. Gives a whole lot more freedom to the coders. Not sure I want it in every game though.
Batman 66 is looking more and more like a unicorn in the pinball world.

Thats interesting, cause all the threads before release was about what theme it will be?
Now when the cat is out of the bag and the theme is so severe crippled, that it more reminds of a picturebook about dinos for 10 year olds, suddenly theme is not important but artistic freedom, ramps, gameplay etc is everything (none of it was mentioned before in pre-threads)

In short it´s interesting to se all the Stern-fans out in force, all assuring it will be great (i really hope it will, but certainly not because of the assets)
How about no theme at all, for the ultimate artistic freedom?

In the pre-threads i hoped and expressed my view on how great it would be with a lcd update to LOTR with the same handling as jjp´s hobbit.
Maybe a futile hope?

It´s saddening to see how difficult it seem to be to secure movie assets/theme for pinball, cause in some way it kind of mirror movie companies view on pinball?

#870 4 years ago
315AB4EB-BF79-4360-921C-852A8A168E61 (resized).jpeg315AB4EB-BF79-4360-921C-852A8A168E61 (resized).jpeg
#871 4 years ago

As the instructions says for Paddocks; the Truck direction determines the path you take on the map. That sounds really neat to me. After fully reading the instruction card and looking at the playfield. This game seems very promising.

#872 4 years ago

"Seperate at Birth" Not even close.

#873 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Not even close.

oh cmon. Nothing? No similarities? I actually wasn't seeing it until that compare and ok - I now can see what folks are talking about.

I'm happy about it b/c October shoots very well and is just absolutely tanked with a terrible art/music/audio package (theme doesn't help either). Jurrasic Park Octoberfest? Yes please!

#874 4 years ago

I dunno, I see flippers at the bottom of the playfield and wireforms that drop the ball at the outlanes. Same.

#875 4 years ago

Thursday cannot come soon enough, really hanging out to see hi res pics and more info.

Hmm looking at the explorer vehicle, it looks kind of like Junk yard with the hanging ball crane.
I'm guessing you hit the ball to turn the vehicle left or right?
Interesting indeed.

#876 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Says the person who just ranted about how shit it is, despite never actually seeing the game, let alone seeing it be played, let alone playing. Or hearing it. Or anything.
Good lord, this forum is just full of old sour fucks now. At least wait until the game is revealed to crap on it. But no, everyone already has all kinds of nonsense to be unhappy about over some low rez photos. Didn't get enough hate on Star Wars Home clearly.
If this is actually Keith Elwin's game then I'm sure as hell not betting against it being smart and fun before I play it. And I think anyone who takes the other side of that bet is a sucker. Guess we'll see, but in the meantime maybe eat your prunes or something, and stop taking your cramps out on the poor game before it even has a chance to shine.

Aurich, any chance you would design an alternative backglass for this if there is enough demand? I really like the game, features and cabinet (from what I can see so far), but the backglass is pretty average

#877 4 years ago

Is there any truth to the pro version not having the dino head eat the ball...or is that info out yet?

#878 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You think there a lot of complaints? I think it's mostly positive....
Sure art movie clips so not perfect but for Stern looks like a homerun

I see lots of negative on this thread, but I am excited about it because Elwin is showing he wants to do something different for the mechs and layout. Choosing JP (over JW) was very smart, and I think they can recreate the iconic scenes in a cool animation style. Deadpool and Black Knight has shown they have invested in some talent that can make that happen.

So if you say a game has 5 major areas to shine:
1. Theme
2. Layout
3. Rules / Code
4. Sound
5. Art

This game has an excellent chance of getting 4 out of 5 correct. Maybe even 5 once the high res photos of the art package comes out. Appears to have the makings of a home run, but need to play it (of course) before declaring that. I hope to see this in Pinburgh. A couple of years ago, Pinburgh had an early Star Wars, so I am optimistic it will be there.

#879 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Is there any truth to the pro version not having the dino head eat the ball...or is that info out yet?

The PPT slide for the pro describes the T-Rex as "static" so I seriously doubt the pro will eat the ball.

#880 4 years ago

Elwin did mention awhile back that his 2nd game would have a “never seen before ramp feature”.

Is this the Dino eating the ball or something we haven’t noticed yet?

#881 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Stern used to offer "nice" cards for download (Star Trek).
And you obviously can buy a Star Wars Home.
If you don't like the Pro because it's not the real thing, you need that yellow cards.
Since they are needed to be as visible (stick out) as possible on location, when you stand in front of the machine.
Edit: But yeah it would be nice if they'd still make them and pack them in. One with rules, one with the logofor home owners who don't need the pricing info.

I think Batman66 can with a"nice" card.

bat card (resized).jpegbat card (resized).jpeg
#882 4 years ago

I honestly don’t believe this is the actual LE art, look for something better to be released this is probably a placeholder. Can’t believe the rear hinge is obscuring the main character of the game. I think the premium looks better.

A09E02DA-324E-40CA-B9AE-3DB485355778 (resized).jpegA09E02DA-324E-40CA-B9AE-3DB485355778 (resized).jpeg

#883 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I honestly don’t believe this is the actual LE art, look for something better to be released this is probably a placeholder. Can’t believe the rear hinge is obscuring the main character of the game. I think the premium looks better.
[quoted image]

The aftermarket pinblades are going to be essential purchase on this game in order to get that "world under glass" for pro and premium considering how packed this is with toys and mech. The pinblades are the only real drawcard for me on the LE

#884 4 years ago

Yeah, I'm really not understanding the Octoberfest comparisons. Some green ink in the middle of the playfield and a wireform that makes a full circle doesn't make them the same game. Literally zero shots are the same on the games.

#885 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Yeah, I'm really not understanding the Octoberfest comparisons. Some green ink in the middle of the playfield and a wireform that makes a full circle doesn't make them the same game. Literally zero shots are the same on the games.

Exactly. Sure, the green is in a similar location, but that is it. The "corkscrew" is not even the same.

#886 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

The aftermarket pinblades are going to be essential purchase on this game in order to get that "world under glass" for pro and premium considering how packed this is with toys and mech. The pinblades are the only real drawcard for me on the LE

I understand this is a jungle environment and things blend in get obscured by foliage whatnot. To me that’s one reason why the premium stands out by taking the dinosaurs indoors it’s easier to see them.

#887 4 years ago

Game looks cool....never saw any of the movies, so I don't care for the theme, but it looks like a lot to do. Reminds me of Baywatch, but I like that game, so I guess that is good. I can do without the artwork, but from the very limited material I have seen, I am betting the "make or break" on this pin is going to be the coding, and it has a good chance at success with Keith behind the keyboard.

#888 4 years ago

Psyched for this game! Looking forward to another day dissecting fuzzy lowres images.

#889 4 years ago

Tinfoil Hat Time:

Jurassic Park was originally Godzilla

I am going to say that this pin started out as a Godzilla pin. The TREX eating the ball was originally going to be Godzilla, the tower on the left a building, and the jeep, truck, and helicopter would be a fitting bash toy for a Godzilla game. We had heard the rumors of a Godzilla title for a while before this came out, and Stern only went this way went the license was secured.

#890 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What? That is manure plain and simple and stinky manure.

Sorry, I missed posting this one.

Quoted from Aurich:

That would be 10x more interesting than hearing Jeff Goldblum mumble his lines.

#891 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

topic is getting attention because it is a brand new game. Fun to talk about new stuff.

Outside of that, I honestly believe that ELwin has the most potential on the entire Stern design team currently, and this theme is so much better than Maiden.
He may actually have a home run here, but none of us will know till we play it.

#892 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Tinfoil Hat Time:
I am going to say that this pin started out as a Godzilla pin. The TREX eating the ball was originally going to be Godzilla, the tower on the left a building, and the jeep, truck, and helicopter would be a fitting bash toy for a Godzilla game. We had heard the rumors of a Godzilla title for a while before this came out, and Stern only went this way went the license was secured.

nah, this theme has been worked on for YEARS! Like DMD era. They had a dots guy at one point that was showing off dot animations he had done. I mean, really years ago.

#893 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Exactly. Sure, the green is in a similar location, but that is it. The "corkscrew" is not even the same.

Plenty of games share similarities. So what? If it's a good layout, flows well, and fun to play then who cares? I rather see a straight up copy of a good layout than a unique layout with bad geometry and clunk gameplay. JP has all the right ingredients to me. Three flippers, promising new designer, cool toys, and packed playfield. People were honestly expecting a trex on a spring and stripped down pf. Don't get the need to look for things to complain about but I get it - pinside.

#894 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Tinfoil Hat Time:

It does make you ask the question, would they release a Godzilla pin at the same time they are producing Jurassic Park? And by "same time" I'm talking about the 3 year window most games are in production for (on/off).

I don't see both existing at the same time.

#895 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It does make you ask the question, would they release a Godzilla pin at the same time they are producing Jurassic Park? And by "same time" I'm talking about the 3 year window most games are in production for (on/off).
I don't see both existing at the same time.

godzilla license was acquired for 1 reason only... we all know why.

#896 4 years ago

This looks like a home run to me.

Better license than IMDN but with that Elwin magic. Art looks fine even in these crappy low res spy shots, probably pops in person. And you can’t talk shit about the soundtrack.

I bet this game makes bank on location.

#897 4 years ago

Well... Godzilla or not i think it looks awesome.
Best game i seen in years.
Homerun for Stern.

#898 4 years ago

My distro said they will have some at Pinburg

#899 4 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

My distro said they will have some at Pinburg

Great news!

#900 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

"Seperate at Birth" Not even close.

It is mainly the big green area in the lower middle of the playfields, the generous use of wireforms, and the filled back of the playfields. The playfield elements between the two are mostly in different arrangements.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/18?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.