1) Hard to really say one way or another because this photos aren't very good. You can't zoom in and see any detail so honestly everyone should hold off and wait for the final photos/videos. Secondly without seeing a video of it being played again hard to tell.
2) Negatives: It looks just like Octoberfest. Not crazy about the artwork or the color of powder coating on an LE. If the game doesn't have video assets from the movie, the game isn't in my view a high end collector game. There is a new standard for collector games and I think you need clips from the movie. If this game doesn't have video assets it will be the how many in a row games they didn't get, pay for, or use video assets IE Deadpool. What is the deal with that goofy looking toy jeep? I'm sorry that looks goofy. Last negative why would stern let all these photos be be leaked without actually releasing real photos?
3) Positives: Unlike the most barron game in modern history "Black Knight" the game seems packed with stuff, to the point it almost look a bit cluttered. No matter I'm happy to see Stern getting back making a World under the glass. But I have to say again without seeing high rez photos its hard to tell pro or con just how much you like the game. If anyone can honest say they love the playfield when you zoom in and everything goes blurry... it looks good actually looks great but you can't zoom in to really see.
4) Negatives Part 2: I'm not sure this theme is what anyone is dying to buy. There is already a widely loved JP game out there, and without the movie clips I don't know why we need another one honestly. I think Stern should have done Stranger Things. With all that being said this is multiple game in a row based on a movie that Stern didn't get the movie assets (Deadpool). As a pinball COLLECTOR I want movie clips. If I was a pinball player I agree who cares. Its kind of like this, you never knew you wanted movie clips until you got them. If you're one of the best players in the world, you could care less. I get it.
5) Will the game sell? This game isn't going to sell like Ghostbusters or ACDC because honestly I don't think people care about collectables from this franchise. People might see the movies but do they inspire people to collect from the films? I think the answer is no. People are going out of their way to get collectables from Halloween, Stranger Things, Star Wars, etc... not JP. I think the game is going to sell but it will be something just above average for Stern. Lastly on this subject this game is going to be compared to Octoberfest... so what that means is now Octoberfest is DOOMED.
6) No matter what I said or anyone said, doesn't matter until you see HIGH REZ photos. No matter what anyone says, until you play it you don't know anything... based on what I see the three takeaways are these:
a) Pinball game looks packed that is great. Looks like a really fun pinball to play.
b) Not crazy about missing film clips, not crazy about the art or powder coating on an LE.
c) The theme for me is kinda like okay I've seen the movies, they're okay, fun movies but nothing you collect from like on Star Wars. There is no radical fan base that will go to the end of the earth to see something from the movies. Its fun summer popcorn movie. I give the theme a B minus, whereas ACDC is an A plus. People are so fanatical right now about Stranger Things, It, Avengers, Queen, blah, blah... I think Stranger Things game gets a lot of national media whereas this game will not.
I think people are going to get excited about the game if for no other reason than people want to see a new game from Stern with a license with more toys, and creative layouts, ect Iron Maiden is a popular game because of the game itself, but the band just isn't that popular. I've talked to so many people who said Iron maiden is their favorite pinball of all time because of the game itself, while not loving the theme. I think this is why more people will want to buy this title over the last few because there are more people familiar with the theme.
Pinball players like a good pinball game, like Iron Maiden, but collectors want something more. I think this new game is somewhere in the middle so we'll just have to wait and see the final product in person.
Overall the game looks cool, looks jam packed unlike the black knight. I think its going to sell pretty good but I think they'll do better with a hotter theme like Stranger Things or getting an iconic band Queen, Led Zep, etc. The guy who designed this game did amazing job on Iron Maiden so I'm sure its going to be fun!