OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 73.
#751 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

A small part of me has a crazy theory that since Jurassic World was such a massive success in China that maybe this is Stern trying to create a market there.

Hahahahaha.

Quoted from atrainn:

I agree it seems like an odd choice. It doesn't feel like the kind of property that would have the same level of nostalgia or just general fandom of things like Star Wars, Deadpool, Maiden, etc.

They are targeting people 35-55 years old for home purchases and slightly younger for barcade crowd... it's not remotely an odd choice. Thinking this has something to do with China is odd.

#752 4 years ago

Guess I'll be getting my first NIB. Looks awesome. Wish they had the actors on it though with movie clips.

#753 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I can not help it, the colors, ramps scream Oktoberfest...sorry.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

With that green area in the middle it looks just like Oktoberfest!

Quoted from DrDQ:

Is this a re-skinned Oktoberfest?

Hey guys, it looks like Oktoberfest!

#754 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm one of those people in love with JP (in fact I have a hard time understanding how folks don't get it) but I'm also 37. I wasn't aware JP really hit the 25 year olds. I'm thinking def 30s to mid 40s.

How would Jurassic Park be relevant to someone 25 ? It came out when they were 1 year old. Not likely they remember going to see it. If they were seeking to maximize the 20-30 age bracket they probably saw Jurassic World in theaters. It’s definitely a theme everyone knows like star wars, so it should do well on location.

Edit: obviously it was popular for years and available on vhs and dvd etc. I just meant that someone 25 saw it later after the fact and that Jurassic World maybe have been more relevant for that age group. I personally thought either way works- This new pin looks nice- no big complaints from me.

#755 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

How would Jurassic Park be relevant to someone 25 ? It came out when they were 1 year old. Not likely they remember going to see it. If they were seeking to maximize the 20-30 age bracket they probably saw Jurassic World in theaters. It’s definitely a theme everyone knows like star wars, so it should do well on location.

VHS. I have a cousin who literally wore out two VHS tapes because he watched it every day.

#756 4 years ago

This is a COMPLETE rehash of DE JP. Yeah there may be some better call outs, video, etc. but we have seen this before. I am sure it will be fun and have some nice shots but we have seen the T-Rex eat the ball trick. If this mechanism does not move left to right and taunt you and eat the ball then this is no where near as cool. The art of some of the characters looks as bad as the DE JP. I love the DE JP...again I don’t see any cool innovation or new unique feature we have not seen. Adding video does not add much to gameplay.

If the T-Rex is half that of the original then this is game will become stale quickly.

No hate for this game but first impression is it looks fun but may miss the mark on the wow factor of a major feature of the theme.

Can’t wait to play it as I am sure it will be fun and the only way to know if it’s a must own or a pass for me.

Think of it like this...most can agree the exploding castle in MM is cool and still doesn’t get old....but no need to make it again....unless you make it BETTER...

#757 4 years ago

What's the coil count or did we finally move past that fad?

#758 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

How do you know it’s not?

Wayne Knight.

#759 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It’s plastic counts now.

Personally I’m not buying until I see the video clip counts.

#760 4 years ago

Nobody hipped me to that, Dude.
zzzzMud0R (resized).jpgzzzzMud0R (resized).jpg

#761 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

At some level it's still a commercial device. Monochromatic score/instructions cards are fine. Black on yellow is very legible, unlike many of the custom cards I've seen. Couldn't be easier to change if you don't like 'em. Pick your battles.

Stop trying to make sense take that crap elsewhere! Lol

#762 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Nobody hipped me to that, Dude.[quoted image]

Started with SW Home since they ran out of coils to count.

#763 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Jurassic Park is to millenials what Star Wars is to Gen X

Quoted from delt31:

I wasn't aware JP really hit the 25 year olds.

You mean, the people who were still in the womb when it was released?

I'm 40 and we read it in 7th grade science class. I loved it.

Back in my day, I was slotted into the last year of Gen X...but I'll be damned if I am now somehow a Millennial because I was of the right age to take myself to Jurassic Park when it came out in theaters.

#764 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

VHS. I have a cousin who literally wore out two VHS tapes because he watched it every day.

jesus that's insane.....and awesome.

#765 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

You mean, the people who were still in the womb when it was released?

Quoted from Coz:

How would Jurassic Park be relevant to someone 25 ? It came out when they were 1 year old.

Possible Earth-shattering news since you appear to not know: Some people see popular movies *after* they come out. Sometimes many years after! Sometimes their parents show them the movie or it shows up on TV or a streaming service!

#766 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Possible Earth-shattering news since you appear to not know: Some people see popular movies *after* they come out. Sometimes many years after! Sometimes their parents show them the movie or it shows up on TV or a streaming service!

I'm aware this is possible. I just felt the claim that Jurassic Park is the single largest franchise for the Millennial age group was a bit of hyperbole.

#767 4 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

No hate for this game

Says the person who just ranted about how shit it is, despite never actually seeing the game, let alone seeing it be played, let alone playing. Or hearing it. Or anything.

Good lord, this forum is just full of old sour fucks now. At least wait until the game is revealed to crap on it. But no, everyone already has all kinds of nonsense to be unhappy about over some low rez photos. Didn't get enough hate on Star Wars Home clearly.

If this is actually Keith Elwin's game then I'm sure as hell not betting against it being smart and fun before I play it. And I think anyone who takes the other side of that bet is a sucker. Guess we'll see, but in the meantime maybe eat your prunes or something, and stop taking your cramps out on the poor game before it even has a chance to shine.

#768 4 years ago

Although not exactly relevant, here is a ridiculous video of some woman hulk smashing a laptop over her bf's head after getting sent off the plan. F'n hilarious.

Scroll to 1min mark.

and yes Jurrasic Park is awesome. Thank you Stern.

#769 4 years ago

This is clearly not based on the movies but a new adventure set in the same universe. Video games create new stories and characters set within familiar world's, so it's not always necessary to carbon copy a film for a pinball experience. My first idea for Alien when Andrew asked me was a new story with new characters which I thought would've been interesting and different: Weyland Yutani hire Space mercenaries to capture and return a live xenomorh offering a tastey $200m reward. 5 ships go out hunting and the game follows one ship and it's crew, The Odysseus. What Stern come up with for JP2...who knows.

#770 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

We need better pictures for that

#771 4 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

This is clearly not based on the movies but a new adventure set in the same universe. Video games create new stories and characters set within familiar world's, so it's not always necessary to carbon copy a film for a pinball experience. My first idea for Alien when Andrew asked me was a new story with new characters which I thought would've been interesting and different: Weyland Yutani hire Space mercenaries to capture and return a live xenomorh offering a tastey $200m reward. 5 ships go out hunting and the game follows one ship and it's crew, The Odysseus. What Stern come up with for JP2...who knows.

It is funny because the best video games are original stories set in that universe, not the "play the movie" licensed trash. (Batman Arkham, Lord of the Rings shadow of war, Star Wars KOTOR)

#772 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

according to rumors the game will NOT have any actors from the movies.

Quoted from mnpinball:

Clips from movies. Nada.

thats not a good omen.
samneilltheomen (resized).jpgsamneilltheomen (resized).jpg

#773 4 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

This is a COMPLETE rehash of DE JP. Yeah there may be some better call outs, video, etc.....

Sure...just minor non important shit like layout & rules...Fuck is the matter with you?

#774 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Although not exactly relevant, here is a ridiculous video of some woman hulk smashing a laptop over her bf's head after getting sent off the plan. F'n hilarious.
Scroll to 1min mark.

and yes Jurrasic Park is awesome. Thank you Stern.

Its not uncommon. This happened to me when my wife discovered the real cost of the last pin I bought....

#775 4 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

This is clearly not based on the movies but a new adventure set in the same universe. Video games create new stories and characters set within familiar world's, so it's not always necessary to carbon copy a film for a pinball experience.

Somehow every other genre of entertainment manages this. Even movie reboots and sequels and prequels and reimaginings and all the other crap we get tacked on to franchises these days get to do things their own way. But with pinball there's some stubborn set of people who have shrunken imagination lobes or something, all they can possibly picture is a game that plays back movie clips while spitting back sound bites.

"Haha! Did you hear that? I hit the target and it said 'life, uh, finds a way', I'm never gonna get tired of hearing my favorite line. This game is the best!"

Someone is going to say "Alien did that, played back clips, people like it, so shut up", and they'd be right. It's definitely one approach, and when it's done well it works. No question. But even for Alien we combined two movies into the package, and did our best to not be a slave to the literal narratives.

The Alien universe is cool, the worlds of the film are cool, wanting to play inside them makes sense. The Jurassic Park island is cool, it makes sense to want to play inside it also. But you don't have to turn the game into an expensive lunch box that plays quotes.

I'm not in love with the art package. I'm not a crazy fan of the JP films. Never even saw the new ones. And yet, the simple fact that they appear to not be doing the movie-clip-athon tired model makes me way more interested in this game. If it's actually an original 'story' set on the island and you're playing through being a park employee trying to round up dinos on the loose while the command center is radioing you updates or something? That would be 10x more interesting than hearing Jeff Goldblum mumble his lines. I can watch the movie any time for that. I've already played the original Data East a ton. Let things breathe.

I actually legit hope the actors from the film aren't in this at all, and it's totally new. As long as the new voice acting is good, and not crap.

And if after seeing it in motion, you're not sure you like it? The screen animations are lame? Or whatever else? Hey, criticize away. I've been known to nitpick a game or two in my time. But at least I always wait until I can see it and make some kind of educated opinion before opening my yap.

I feel like Keith Elwin has earned a chance to show his game before it's judged, that's my short summary of my rant.

#776 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Says the person who just ranted about how shit it is, despite never actually seeing the game, let alone seeing it be played, let alone playing. Or hearing it. Or anything.
Good lord, this forum is just full of old sour fucks now. At least wait until the game is revealed to crap on it. But no, everyone already has all kinds of nonsense to be unhappy about over some low rez photos. Didn't get enough hate on Star Wars Home clearly.
If this is actually Keith Elwin's game then I'm sure as hell not betting against it being smart and fun before I play it. And I think anyone who takes the other side of that bet is a sucker. Guess we'll see, but in the meantime maybe eat your prunes or something, and stop taking your cramps out on the poor game before it even has a chance to shine.

Wow...let the hate flow....loose yourself to the dark side....please allow me to retort....you are always generally supportive of differing opinions and I never said the game is SHIT as you suggest. All I said was if the T-Rex is not as good as the DE JP then it may get stale. Looks like it has good shots and probably fun. But no NEW INNOVATION. There is nothing new we have not seen. You are starting to sound like a Fucking Stern fanboy....yes that’s the first time I have really thrown out the F word on here...I am a fan of pinball and not any manufacturer. I can pick out good and bad on any manufacturer....excuse me for having my own opinion....I thought that’s what we were here to do....I didn’t attack you or anyone else. You should read your post and look in the mirror. It’s fine if you think this game is bad ass...till we get to play it who knows. Whether you meant it or not your post comes across as very short sighted. It’s personal attacks from people like you that make this place toxic. And yes I can take a joke so I hope you can too. Maybe you are the one that needs to eat some prunes and take a shit so you can play your Jurassic Flop.

Just shocked to see a post like that from someone who has done so much good and supported this hobby.

Relax.....it’s only pinball. Geez.

Very

#777 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Jurassic Park is to millenials what Star Wars is to Gen X. They worship the movie, probably because they saw it when young and didn't realize how much better the book was
It's super popular in the 25-35 year old crowd. You know, the people who actually go to barcades? The next generation we hope gets into pins?
I still think Stranger Things would have been smarter but if you MUST make a JP game yes the 1993 one is smart.

Quoted from delt31:

I'm one of those people in love with JP (in fact I have a hard time understanding how folks don't get it) but I'm also 37. I wasn't aware JP really hit the 25 year olds. I'm thinking def 30s to mid 40s.

37 and JP is my favorite movie. I haven't been a fan of any of the sequels, but the original is still near perfection.

#778 4 years ago

I’ll never understand the love of JP. Mediocre at best and I was a kid when I saw it with my grandfather.

#779 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

37 and JP is my favorite movie. I haven't been a fan of any of the sequels, but the original is still near perfection.

I feel the same way.

I love when folks say man wouldn't it be nice for a brand new take on the JP universe by not being a slave to the movie and being more creative...... And then they'll say well I'm not crazy about the JP movie....

Well no shit

I'm glad that someone denied the idea of recreating alien as it would have been a terrible decision. So glad the game stuck to the movies and absolutely nailed it.

People who love these franchises.... Truly love them are not dying for a Pinball company to apply their own artistic take on it. Again look at Willy Wonka. Jesus what a travesty. Just make a fun pinball game that sticks to the playbook. There is enough to screw up trying to make a good pin... Now folks want these companies to be a Hollywood doctor as well.

#780 4 years ago

Just not seeing how anyone could say this is a rehash?

20190723_215809 (resized).jpg20190723_215809 (resized).jpg
#781 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Just not seeing how anyone could say this is a rehash?[quoted image]

Just a heads up I just asked my wife to look at that pic and tell me what game is from 1993 and what is from 2019 as she never plays ever and she thought the DE pf was the new one. Whomp whomp.

#782 4 years ago

This game will certainly earn on location!
I've been asking customers (Millennials) for a while if they'd dig a Jurassic Park pinball at the local arcade bar and they all enthusiastically said yes. Most don't know of one of the previous ones. This game will be enjoyed by people who dig the movies and or just Dinosaur stuff.

#783 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I don't get it either!

#784 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just a heads up I just asked my wife to look at that pic and tell me what game is from 1993 and what is from 2019 as she never plays ever and she thought the DE pf was the new one. Whomp whomp.

Probably because the photo quality looks like it was taken with a disposable camera

#785 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Asked my wife the same thing and she came to the same conclusion...

#786 4 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Asked my wife the same thing and she came to the same conclusion...

I asked my neighbor and they said "they still make those things?"

#787 4 years ago

Wow!! Another incredible layout by Elwin!! This game is packed, I cannot tell the difference between the pro and premium????? In Elwin we trust!

#788 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Wow!! Another incredible layout by Elwin!! This game is packed, I cannot tell the difference between the pro and premium????? In Elwin we trust!

Red vs Black flipper rubber

#789 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

The DE JP was just TAF... what’s your point?

Edit: I’m sorry, I read your post saying it was a rehash.
8E07B7D4-F267-483B-9D04-177477E63FD5 (resized).png8E07B7D4-F267-483B-9D04-177477E63FD5 (resized).png

#790 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Probably because the photo quality looks like it was taken with a disposable camera

Right? I am sure if you put them together in person im pretty sure they don't reach that conclusion.

#791 4 years ago

Game looks awesome, can't wait to play one!

#792 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I'm aware this is possible. I just felt the claim that Jurassic Park is the single largest franchise for the Millennial age group was a bit of hyperbole.

If we look at the actual box-office numbers, there are 3 JURASSIC movies in the top 33 highest-grossing movies of all-time (worldwide, but also domestic). JURASSIC WORLD is actually in 6th place overall, the crappy sequel is 13th overall and even the original JURASSIC PARK is still in 33rd place: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/.

So there's definitely a LOT of people who watched and enjoyed these films, in whatever generation. Will they want the game? That's another story but in terms of a theme/franchise, this is still quite a popular one --- and another JURASSIC movie in the works. PS: Looking at those box-office figures, you wonder how much longer before someone make that HARRY POTTER pin already!

#793 4 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

[quoted image]

spiderman (resized).jpgspiderman (resized).jpg
#794 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

"Haha! Did you hear that? I hit the target and it said 'life, uh, finds a way', I'm never gonna get tired of hearing my favorite line. This game is the best!"

That would be kind of cool tho.

#795 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

How's JP2 for an acronym? Or...
EJP - Elwin Jurassic Park

JPKME

chant it in rythym and rhyme as in "hell no, we wont go".

hellno (resized).jpghellno (resized).jpg
#796 4 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

[quoted image]

The DE JP was a WW copy if anything.

#797 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

When I compare the 2, I dont think you can wrong either way. I wasnt interested when hearing the rumors about JP, but this thing has me intrigued. I was about to pull the trigger on a black knight pro....but think i will wait to see the stream on this.

#798 4 years ago

I didn't see this the first few times since the pic was small.

Left Sling ball lock & Trex ball lock???
Trex ball lock (resized).JPGTrex ball lock (resized).JPGleft sling lock (resized).JPGleft sling lock (resized).JPG

#799 4 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Left Sling ball lock & Trex ball lock???[quoted image][quoted image]

From that angle, it looks like to me that Trex can only cough them out....i dont see how it could pick them up from the wire ramp

#800 4 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

I’ll never understand the love of JP.

DTS audio dude....that shit was insane at the time. Like going from SD to HD TV

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/16?hl=hypercoaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.