Topic Stats

• 3,584 posts
  • 530 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Halfwasted
  • Topic is favorited by 95 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 411 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic1187187 (resized).jpg
2D753FE8-9E2E-404B-B81C-2095AF0773F0 (resized).jpeg
enema-1553255444 (resized).jpg
E1F1D222-E3E5-4C7E-A6D7-E06DAA62D0F4 (resized).png
schmittsgay.gif
farleyangry.gif
BE63333A-2982-43A0-A5B5-7BD0351A494A (resized).jpeg
OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3584 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 72.
#701 53 days ago

Why, in the name of Jesus’s butthole, does Stern INSIST on using these fucking ugly ass yellow cards? I mean really????

056A18D0-1E11-4760-8CF1-92B7873CF3BF (resized).jpeg
#702 53 days ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Why, in the name of Jesus’s butthole, does Stern INSIST on using these fucking ugly ass yellow cards? I mean really????[quoted image]

Yeah, they do look gaudy, dated, and cheap.

#703 53 days ago

I have always wondered who the genius was that vetoed better cards!

#704 53 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Pro left Pre/LE right[quoted image]

First Stern took the spinners out of Metallica pro.
Then Stern had the gall to ditch the upper playfield on Black Knight pro.

This time, though, Stern has pushed too far. Black flipper rubber? On a pro?

I'm out.

#705 53 days ago

At some level it's still a commercial device. Monochromatic score/instruction cards are fine. Black on yellow is very legible, unlike many of the custom cards I've seen. Couldn't be easier to change if you don't like 'em. Pick your battles.

#706 53 days ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Why, in the name of Jesus’s butthole, does Stern INSIST on using these fucking ugly ass yellow cards? I mean really????[quoted image]

lol to save $$$$$..

#707 53 days ago
Quoted from RGR:

lol to save $$$$$..

Also, they know you'll just buy the game anyways and make them yourself.

#708 53 days ago

It says Molded Trex on the Pro. I have a feeling it is just a static toy which would be disappointing. It looks like it move on the premium/LE but i have a gut feeling that it is not going to interact with the ball at all. I hope I am wrong!

#709 53 days ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

It says Molded Trex on the Pro. I have a feeling it is just a static toy which would be disappointing. It looks like it move on the premium/LE but i have a gut feeling that it is not going to interact with the ball at all. I hope I am wrong!

It looks like the lower jaw drops to act as a diverter on the pro. The PRE/LE looks like it might have a magnet to grab the ball and move it to the wireform on the right.

#710 53 days ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

It looks like the lower jaw drops to act as a diverter on the pro. The PRE/LE looks like it might have a magnet to grab the ball and move it to the wireform on the right.

But the description on that flyer doesn't say anything about it being a mechanical toy.

#711 53 days ago

My bet is the T-Rex head just moves back and forwards on the prem/Le. It would seem to need a pretty complex mech to interact with the ball at that height and angle, so probably wont.
And the right ramp just looks to feed the upper flipper, which will be interesting.

#712 53 days ago

But the description on that flyer doesn't say anything about it being a mechanical toy.

I just looked back at the detail shots and it seems like you're right, the pro has no hinge on the jaw, it would be doable if the head tilted down but it's unlikely. The PRE/LE does seem to have a jaw hinge though.

#713 53 days ago

The flyer states the Jungle Explorer Vehicle is a simple mechanical toy.

If the T-rex doesn't interact with the ball at all then then I predict quite a few people here are going to be bummed out.

Looks like a fun game to shoot though but I hope they did something with the T-rex to out due the 90's Jurassic Park game.

#714 53 days ago

So does the game have just that main theme or the entire soundtrack to JP? Just curious....

Edit - says musical score so that's big. That means it will sound great music wise. I'm thinking if they animate the big scenes from jp 1 that would be cool

#715 53 days ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Why, in the name of Jesus’s butthole, does Stern INSIST on using these fucking ugly ass yellow cards? I mean really????

They probably bought out Staples' supply of heavy yellow card stock during a BOGO sale. They're gonna use it all up if it kills 'em. Agreed, it's ugly as sin.

#716 53 days ago

The flyer states the Jungle Explorer Vehicle is a simple mechanical toy.

Not to worry. They're gonna sell a Monster Truck topper for $425.

#717 53 days ago

looks/art it's kind of a step back (I mean from the gorgeous art on DP, Maiden, BK etc..) but the layout looks very feature packed and hopefully not a lot of difference between the pro and the premium.

#718 53 days ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Not to worry. They're gonna sell a Monster Truck topper for $425.

$425? Your being to generous on the price point!

#719 53 days ago

$425? Your being to generous on the price point!

I'm accounting for them being non-functioning upon shipment. One quarter of them will be missing a wheel.

#720 53 days ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Yellow is the color humans notice first. It's to draw your eyes to the rules.

#721 53 days ago

I just hope this isn't like the Hobbit when it comes to he T-Rex interaction with the ball. EVERYONE thought and assumed Smaug would interact with the game and he barely did anything. Would be awesome if the T-Rex does grab the ball or do something

#722 53 days ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yellow is the color humans notice first. It's to draw your eyes to the rules.

Well, hell, what we really need are bright yellow pinballs!

#723 53 days ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I just hope this isn't like the Hobbit when it comes to he T-Rex interaction with the ball. EVERYONE thought and assumed Smaug would interact with the game and he barely did anything. Would be awesome if the T-Rex does grab the ball or do something

Biggest disappointment with the Hobbit. What a waste.

#724 53 days ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Smaug was a big miss bc of it. No ball interesting would be a big bummer. I think it does though at least on prem le trim.

The game to be seems like a spiritual successor to the DE one

#725 53 days ago

Wow, the layout looks really fun! Not really a theme I'm into, but I'm really excited to see more details when they fully reveal it.

#726 53 days ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Wow, the layout looks really fun! Not really a theme I'm into, but I'm really excited to see more details when they fully reveal it.

I know this has been rumored for a while, but Jurassic Park seems a little out of left field. Been done twice before, not really a cult theme, no immediate movie tie-ins, looks like no video assets.

Curious to know the thinking behind it. Personally I’ve got no emotional tie at all to the theme - maybe I’m a few years too old but was still young (enough) when it was released. I’m interested because it’s Elwin, looks really fun to shoot, and the rules sound good. But without those things, the theme is neutral.

#727 53 days ago

I'm hoping this includes the "lawyer-chomp" scene!

#728 53 days ago

I'm surprised we're still speculating on features for prem/le. Wouldn't the same people who leaked the presentation pictures also elaborate on the features as I'm sure that was part of the walk-through today..... Or am I missing something? Seems like why stop at the pics....

#729 53 days ago

Hopefully this will be well produced (meaning call outs, display, lighting, rules, music). I have a great feeling that it will shoot well if the Iron Maiden is any indication.

#730 53 days ago

looks like a remake of JP data east

#731 53 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I know this has been rumored for a while, but Jurassic Park seems a little out of left field. Been done twice before, not really a cult theme, no immediate movie tie-ins, looks like no video assets.
Curious to know the thinking behind it. Personally I’ve got no emotional tie at all to the theme - maybe I’m a few years too old but was still young (enough) when it was released. I’m interested because it’s Elwin, looks really fun to shoot, and the rules sound good. But without those things, the theme is neutral.

I agree it seems like an odd choice. It doesn't feel like the kind of property that would have the same level of nostalgia or just general fandom of things like Star Wars, Deadpool, Maiden, etc.

A small part of me has a crazy theory that since Jurassic World was such a massive success in China that maybe this is Stern trying to create a market there.

#732 53 days ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

It looks like a ball lock to me. Probably puke the balls out.

#733 53 days ago

2C813AF0-ACDE-46D3-8C70-07F19BB76E05 (resized).jpeg

#734 53 days ago

If you want the Trex to interact with the ball buy the premium/LE. If not buy the Pro

#735 53 days ago

Interesting on how the pro translite is the only one that says Jurassic Park while the prem and LE just have the JP logo. I think I like it spelled out rather than just the logo.

I'm really feeling pro all the way but it seems like no TREX chompy which for me means no JP Pro.

#736 53 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I know this has been rumored for a while, but Jurassic Park seems a little out of left field.

Also out of left field,
DP based on the comic
$7000 seawitch remake
Munsters with MB rules to compete with it
Iron maiden

etc
etc

#737 53 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Smaug was a big miss bc of it. No ball interesting would be a big bummer. I think it does though at least on prem le trim.
The game to be seems like a spiritual successor to the DE one

My understanding is that the original Smaug design had a physical 2 ball lock and Smaug would breath/spit them out on Smaug multiball start but it was rejected by the licensor and had to be converted to virtual locks. I think Smaug was designed to 'talk' from the start.

I was hoping if stern did a trex it would eat the pinball. It may, we'll see soon.

#738 53 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Also out of left field,
DP based on the comic
$7000 seawitch remake
Munsters with MB rules to compete with it
Iron maiden
etc
etc

Yeh, true. Stern pushing the envelope.

C3D3FEF0-F187-40C6-B9DE-9E48B109E1F0 (resized).jpeg
#739 53 days ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Except Smaug also moves, talks with audio synced to an animated jaw, lights up, is highly detailed, and has 5 drops in front of it. Did a Hobbit land on your foot to make you hate the game so much? lol

#740 53 days ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

It looks like a ball lock to me. Probably puke the balls out.

Thats what it looks like to me....it just coughs the balls out on the ramp.

#741 53 days ago
Quoted from Stones:

Thats what it looks like to me....it just coughs the balls out on the ramp.

Seems like it probably locks at the left ramp when the jaw lowers to grab the ball. That's what I'm hoping for, would be cool. Also, there's a dinosaur or two on the artwork that isn't from the 1st movie. I wonder if the pin covers the entire original trilogy or just the first film?

#742 53 days ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I agree it seems like an odd choice. It doesn't feel like the kind of property that would have the same level of nostalgia or just general fandom of things like Star Wars, Deadpool, Maiden, etc.

Jurassic Park is to millenials what Star Wars is to Gen X. They worship the movie, probably because they saw it when young and didn't realize how much better the book was

It's super popular in the 25-35 year old crowd. You know, the people who actually go to barcades? The next generation we hope gets into pins?

I still think Stranger Things would have been smarter but if you MUST make a JP game yes the 1993 one is smart.

#743 53 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

Jurassic Park is to millenials what Star Wars is to Gen X. They worship the movie, probably because they saw it when young and didn't realize how much better the book was
It's super popular in the 25-35 year old crowd. You know, the people who actually go to barcades? The next generation we hope gets into pins?
I still think Stranger Things would have been smarter but if you MUST make a JP game yes the 1993 one is smart.

No, you're smart...

#744 53 days ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

No, you're smart...

IMG_20190723_204244_01.gif
#745 53 days ago

I hope this is as awesome as it looks!!

#746 53 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

I WISH they would've made it based on the books!
But yeah I'm 35 and it is my favorite franchise.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Seems like it probably locks at the left ramp when the jaw lowers to grab the ball. That's what I'm hoping for, would be cool. Also, there's a dinosaur or two on the artwork that isn't from the 1st movie. I wonder if the pin covers the entire original trilogy or just the first film?

I don't understand why there is spinosaurus on the LE translight and over the right sling.
Also the premium translight Raptors have spines on the head like JP3.

#747 53 days ago

Is this a re-skinned Oktoberfest?

#748 53 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm one of those people in love with JP (in fact I have a hard time understanding how folks don't get it) but I'm also 37. I wasn't aware JP really hit the 25 year olds. I'm thinking def 30s to mid 40s.

#749 53 days ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

How do you know it’s not?

#750 53 days ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

But yeah I'm 35 and it is my favorite franchise.

I don't understand why there is spinosaurus on the LE translight and over the right sling.
Also the premium translight Raptors have spines on the head like JP3.

Yeah, that's making we wonder if the game also covers the 2nd and 3rd movies. I'm guessing not based on the instruction card, maybe they are just tossed in there to add to the games artwork. However, I suppose there could be a generic T-Rex vs Spinosaurus mode that is similar to the scene from JP3 but just doesn't feature any assets from the 3rd movie.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.99
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bristol, TN
There are 3584 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 72.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside