OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 73.
#601 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I hope it can capture thae greatness that GB

You didn’t like the GB art?

#602 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Instruction card says:
" I like this approach, gives more creative freedom to the design of the pin. Similar approach as Deadpool (not just basing it directly on the movies).

Yea the deadpool animations are truuuly awesome. I especially likes the ones where he looks like he´s f-ing a pinball machine, so well made.

Maybe they can reuse them leet animations at 33.26 into this clip for it´s spectacular and engaging look.

#603 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

If the only character they include is Hedry (who’s prominently featured on the playfield) it’d be great if they hired the actor to narrate the game.

Just him taunting you from his computer lair as you traverse your way across the park.

He was busy getting eaten fairly early in the movie. Game needs to be narrated by Samuel L. Jackson. He doesn't get eaten until later, and having Samuel L. Jackson narrate anything would be awesome. "Press the motherf'ing start button!"

#604 4 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

You didn’t like the GB art?

Art was great (other than the Back Glass), the point is it might have had the "feel" of GB but it felt like a piece of hot garbage covered in hobo shit to play.
I don't think I can judge whether it "feels" like JP machines without actually feeling it I mean I obviously hope it's much better than the first 2 and more like a Stern

#605 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

If the only character they include is Hedry (who’s prominently featured on the playfield) it’d be great if they hired the actor to narrate the game.

Who is 'Hedry'? Is this just a simple misspelling of the Dennis Nedry character as acted by Wayne Knight? Or someone else from the JP franchise that I'm not familiar with?

#606 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Art was great (other than the Back Glass), the point is it might have had the "feel" of GB but it felt like a piece of hot garbage covered in hobo shit to play.

Sweet, sweet hobo shit!

Man I loved that game... until I sold it and noticed it nearly killed my love for the hobby deep inside of me.

It's a great looking piece of theme integrated... hobo shit.

#607 4 years ago

No clips??? So we’ve gone to all this effort to replace DMD with Lcd and now going back to animations?

I know why they are doing it (licensing etc) but it would be such a shame if animations become a trend. When clips are done properly, like B66 and Hobbit, they’re gold.

The other thought is that many licensed properties probably wouldn’t allow animations either. Depends on the “DNA” of the license.

Seems the lcd part of pinball is merging more with the video game/app industry. Makes sense for a lot of reasons.

#608 4 years ago

I love how dum dums will read people's feedback about the art and say look - that person is complaining...you see??? it's the typical pinside drama about a game they haven't seen....etc etc.

Earth to pinsiders who quickly jump to this conclusion.....wake up! You are on a fucking pinball forum where people provide their opinions and what is a strength and what is a weakness. This game has an OVERWHELMING amount of positive feedback, mine included but if you're too much of a powder puff snowflake to take ANY bad with a game, good luck in life.

For me this game kicks so much ass on what I've seen thus far but I would be lying if the lack of movie clips and OG JP characters/voices along with art didn't concern me a little. Let's bring on Thursday so I can see it play/code integration and with the power of pinbrowser correct essentially everything except art, which I'm OK with as DP and others had really cool animations!

#609 4 years ago

What was the last Stern game with 4 ramps? I'm drawing a blank... Loving the layout - and the Pro still has the Spinner up the center shot. Booyah.

I'm official changing KME's initials on Pinside to KMFE - Keith Mother F'in Elwin.

#610 4 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

Who is 'Hedry'? Is this just a simple misspelling of the Dennis Nedry character as acted by Wayne Knight? Or someone else from the JP franchise that I'm not familiar with?

Today the stern fans dont care much for theme, it´s all about gameplay.
It´s kind of strange, since all the talk over the last weeks, has been all about theme.

#611 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

What was the last Stern game with 4 ramps? I'm drawing a blank... Loving the layout - and the Pro still has the Spinner up the center shot. Booyah.
I'm official changing KME's initials on Pinside to KMFE - Keith Mother F'in Elwin.

4 ramps? Really? That's awesome will need to revisit pics.....

#612 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No clips??? So we’ve gone to all this effort to replace DMD with Lcd and now going back to animations?
I know why they are doing it (licensing etc) but it would be such a shame if animations become a trend. When clips are done properly, like B66 and Hobbit, they’re gold.
The other thought is that many licensed properties probably wouldn’t allow animations either. Depends on the “DNA” of the license.
Seems the lcd part of pinball is merging more with the video game/app industry. Makes sense for a lot of reasons.

Unfortunately licensing keeps this pin from having the audio and visual assets. I was looking forward to a pin based on the movies....looks like we’ll get a pin based on comics with nothing nostalgic but the name. Looks cool though, so I hope it’s fun

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

News to me

Quoted from delt31:

Hmmm...I think I see 3 is the lifeguard hut is a quick turn around? I heard 4 as well though

#614 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Yea the deadpool animations are truuuly awesome. I especially likes the ones where he looks like he´s f-ing a pinball machine, so well made.

Maybe they can reuse them leet animations at 33.26 into this clip for it´s spectacular and engaging look.

Quoted from Dr-pin:

It´s kind of strange, since all the talk over the last weeks, has been all about theme.

Seems appropriate you are from a place called Trollhattan

#615 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

Serious question, So we know people can change our audio files on stern games. Has anyone played with messing with the video files? Is it possible? Could make for an amazing custom code if possible.

I looked into this when I was interested in re-themeing Iron Maiden (don't @ me). It's in the works for Pinball Browser, but I don't think it's possible yet.

#616 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Seems appropriate you are from a place called Trollhattan

Well, i´m planning on maybe moving to the us, i´ve heard there are lots of opening on sterns animation division, apparently they´ve run out of blind six-year olds.

#617 4 years ago

Ghostbusters was amazing hand drawn art

As good as it ever gets!

They drew a damn Jeep with a super charger sticking out the hood!

But who are WE in the game? Who’s to say OUR Jeep doesn’t have a supercharger? We’re not necessarily in one of the tour vehicles. Maybe I’m the guy on the island who wastes all of his disposable income on jazzing up my ride, whereas I have another friend who’s busy importing overpriced pinball machines for his one-bedroom apartment.

Speaking of Jeeps, supercharged or otherwise, if you want to pick nits, a T-rex would never be able to catch up to you at the speeds depicted in the movie. You could easily outrun one on a Vespa, but it wouldn’t be nearly as exciting to watch.

#618 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Quite right, plus certain themes without clips just wouldn't fly at all. I mean if they ever did Robocop and didn't have clips...... I'd still buy it [quoted image]

#619 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

As good as it ever gets!

But who are WE in the game? Who’s to say OUR Jeep doesn’t have a supercharger? We’re not necessarily in one of the tour vehicles. Maybe I’m the guy on the island who wastes all of his disposable income on jazzing up my ride, whereas I have another friend who’s busy importing overpriced pinball machines for his one-bedroom apartment.
Speaking of Jeeps, supercharged or otherwise, if you want to pick nits, a T-rex would never be able to catch up to you at the speeds depicted in the movie. You could easily outrun one on a Vespa, but it wouldn’t be nearly as exciting to watch.

The jeep in JP didn't have a super charger coming out of it I think is his point. And I wouldn't want to play as the dumbass spending his disposable income on super charging his JP engine.

#620 4 years ago

Raw Thrills JP arcade is a fun game. It doesn't have assets from the film or even the geography of the island really. But it's still a fun game.

The vehicle represents us taking place of the actors to achieve the goals that the film actors do. I think it's a creative medium and I get why they probably had to do it this way. I know we all wanted Malcolm, Nedry, Hammond, Sattler and Grant. I hope the iconic music gives you that JP feel.

Obviously, we still need to see the display, speech and callouts to determine whether it fits the bill on the theme. But even without seeing HD pics or close ups, this game looks fun.

#621 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This seems to be the breakdown, at least it's 4 if you count the two 1/2 pipes-

- T-Rex ramp, merges trails with:
- Raptor tower "1/2 pipe" ramp, ie the reverse-o style lift ramps like Stern POTC and WPT, and Alien.
- Right ramp, feeds spiral trail to upper flipper
- Far right "1/2 pipe" ramp, beneath upper flipper, also looks like the plunge hits this ramp and ends up in the right return lane/flipper.

I love those little 1/2 pipe ramps, super quick lift to the habitrail and coming back at ya.

#622 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

As good as it ever gets!

I’m not saying that its far fetched such as a T-Rex catching up to you in a Jeep in the film. I’m saying it doesn’t belong in the franchise!

#623 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Well, i´m planning on maybe moving to the us, i´ve heard there are lots of opening on sterns animation division, apparently they´ve run out of blind six-year olds.

Excellent! I wasn't aware you were in the industry. Looking forward to seeing your work.

#624 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The jeep in JP didn't have a super charger coming out of it I think is his point. And I wouldn't want to play as the dumbass spending his disposable income on super charging his JP engine.

Yes thank you

#625 4 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

Just a typo on my end.

#626 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Theme for show, play for dough.

#627 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I'm official changing KME's initials on Pinside to KMFE .

Not to be confused with KMFDM

#628 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

BTTF would be a must buy!
But I’d love to see some newer themes and maybe some R rated pins that could sit next to TWD, John Wick, Dredd, SAW is perfect for playfield toys/mechs.
The money marvel is making these days I’m surprised we haven’t seen a new marvel/avengers pin, I’d buy an infinity war/endgame pin for the family in a heart beat and surely it would earn on location?

Dredd or John Wick would be awesome. Would love to see a Blade Runner, Battlestar Galactica or Rick & Morty, as well.

#629 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

LOL! I’m making an argument for the person who said we’re going around cleaning up the mess, which was not something depicted in the movie. It sounds plausible to me, especially if there are no movie assets.

#630 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

This seems to be the breakdown, at least it's 4 if you count the two 1/2 pipes-

I see what you mean...are those confirmed or could they be scoops/saucers and then a VUK to wireform?

#631 4 years ago

I want movie clips just to have this as the ball save clip

tumblr_mwb6luexZz1qcga5ro1_500.giftumblr_mwb6luexZz1qcga5ro1_500.gif
#632 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Theme for show, play for dough.

Might be right, but if you look around in all the threads prior to release, there are not many of them discussing their hopes for optospinners, ramps, upper playfields etc etc.

#633 4 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

I want movie clips just to have this as the ball save clip[quoted image]

Thanks but I had enough of that little bastard getting fried in the 1st pin

#634 4 years ago

Still nothing from Stern?

#635 4 years ago

For me, if it is a theme I don't like, I'll be fine playing it, just would never own it. When I am lukewarm to a theme like I am with Jurassic Park (sorry Bone, fun movie but I was about 10 years too old to be blown away by dinos when it came out), game play becomes the deciding factor on whether or not it makes it into the collection. I have high hopes with it being a Keith Elwin design, looking forward to the game play streams.

#636 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Thanks but I had enough of that little bastard getting fried in the 1st pin

You know, he’s small and could fit through the electric fence...but......

These videos are funny. If you’ve never seen them before, they have one for just about every big movie

#637 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Fixing up the Jeep with virtual mods is gonna be all the rage!! This will be sterns first pin with online connectivity and you’ll be able to have micro transactions to add virtual bling to your virtual ride!! Exciting times await...$5 for supercharger, $10 for big tires, $15 for racing stripes

#638 4 years ago

It's going to be a good shooter - just a ton of shots looking at this again.

Music is a big question mark though? Not a fan of the original score.

LE & Premium Play (resized).pngLE & Premium Play (resized).png
#639 4 years ago

looks like a great pin. Looking forward to ship dates.

#640 4 years ago

This looks great, I will withhold my full judgement until I can play it.

#641 4 years ago

I'm happy they went with Jurassic Park over Jurassic World.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Not a fan of the original score.[quoted image]

How do you not like the original score? It's one of few movie scores that gives me goose bumps.

#642 4 years ago

Music is a big question mark though? Not a fan of the original score.[quoted image]

If you're not a fan of the original score you're not a fan of jurrasic park.

#643 4 years ago

Pro left Pre/LE right

9F1AB74D-298E-4A81-8EF6-7B563DEB99EC (resized).jpeg9F1AB74D-298E-4A81-8EF6-7B563DEB99EC (resized).jpeg
#644 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Pro left Pre/LE right[quoted image]

Unlimited money, I'd take the Pre/LE, but I'm not seeing enough difference to justify the typical price difference.

#645 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Pro playfield left and Pre/LE right.

Do you shoot that big stainless ramp on the right to save the damsel in distress?

#646 4 years ago

Music is a big question mark though? Not a fan of the original score.[quoted image]

Too bad this doesn't have an Iron Maiden soundtrack.........oh, wait, Keith already did that.

#647 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Too bad this doesn't have an Iron Maiden soundtrack....

Exactly. That music sucked and the game was still great when you turned it down.

Interactive Dinohead will be a big upgrade. What's the X thing on the right side on prem+...helicopter blades?
EDIT: Helo-blade Physical ball lock?

#648 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Are you not counting IMDN cause it has 4?

Or Beatles? Star Trek Vault?

#650 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Exactly. That music sucked and the game was still great when you turned it down.

I've actually warmed-up to Maiden, but I doubt I'll be listening to anything orchestral. Well, except for the Nutcracker at X-mas--my fav!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mansfield, OH
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/13?hl=mettle64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.