OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 73.
#551 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I know this site is full of old men, but does everything have to be nostalgic, pre-chewed, and a "remember when?" moment? The entire game is one giant nostalgic throwback to the Data East already, that's not enough for you ? You need to literally watch the same scenes over and over?
After it's properly revealed I'm sure people will have plenty to say. I'm much more curious about the game after hearing it won't have a bunch of boring movie clips, gives me hope this is actually going to be a product of some creativity. The less it apes the exact film stuff the better as far as I'm concerned, but I guess we'll see.

Are you serious? LOL, if your making a pin as a giant nostalgic throw back sorry I thought you might include the sights and sounds of the movie just like the original did.

#552 4 years ago

I think the rex has a magnet in his mouth, so he can pick the ball from the wireform and then release it on the left ramp down.
Otherway around the ball will be teeth busting?

#553 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I know this site is full of old men, but does everything have to be nostalgic, pre-chewed, and a "remember when?" moment? The entire game is one giant nostalgic throwback to the Data East already, that's not enough for you ? You need to literally watch the same scenes over and over?
After it's properly revealed I'm sure people will have plenty to say. I'm much more curious about the game after hearing it won't have a bunch of boring movie clips, gives me hope this is actually going to be a product of some creativity. The less it apes the exact film stuff the better as far as I'm concerned, but I guess we'll see.

Well to be fair, Stern is trying to increase sales by making a game based on an old movie. I don't think it's too surprising that people would want the assets of the old movie in the game. They could have just called it Escape from Dino Island and then have no complaints about assets. Personally, I'm much more excited by the direction the game is going, but I'm not really that big of a Jurassic Park fan. I do agree that it's silly to get upset before we actually see the thing played, but then this thread would have five posts in it.

#554 4 years ago

Kinda cool seeing an updated version of DE Jurassic Park. I owned a JP for a while and I didn't enjoy the stop and go shots and hearing the recycled DE sound effects/music.

The theme seems to be a winner, although I would've like to see something totally new, I'm interested in seeing the reveal.

#555 4 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Well the big ugly looking map covering much of the middle of the playfield, while i'm sure functional for the game isn't that nice to look at from the crappy low res images. I'd rather see some more illustration type stuff integrated. I'm sure everyone is going to go bonkers once they see what they do with the video and audio... Other than that, looks so packed in the upper half of the game. I'm sure it shoots like a dream. Can't wait.

Sooooo....you'd rather have disjointed clusters of spot illustrations, rather than a focused design area detailing gameplay that is functional and easy to interpret.

#556 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stern's brilliant strategy was to get all of the bitching out of the way last week with the Star Wars HE.

Interesting. If Stern releases Jurassic first it gets compared to other recent Sterns (and JJPs). But they release STHE a few days before it and Jurassic instantly looks incredible when compared to STHE. Is this just good planning by Stern?

#557 4 years ago

All in for Stern doing updates to DE games. BTTF next please!

#558 4 years ago

Serious question, So we know people can change our audio files on stern games. Has anyone played with messing with the video files? Is it possible? Could make for an amazing custom code if possible.

#559 4 years ago

3 flipper pro! Awesome! It's been a while. Game looks like a winner. Not crazy about the whole dinosaur thing but like the world under the glass thing.

#560 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

...The theme seems to be a winner...

like Munsters & BK3... :/

but of course i want to believe !!! (than next one is X-Files)

#561 4 years ago

If you're near KCMO and can take a deposit for a LE, please PM me!

#562 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

3 flipper pro! Awesome! It's been a while.

Are you not counting IMDN cause it has 4?

#563 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

just a reminder... If anyone needs to clear space or raise funds, I am always looking for oddballs and classic games to add to the collection.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sell-me-a-game-i-can-pick-up-at-pinburgh#post-5108715

I have a NIB (JJP) Pirates for ya..

#564 4 years ago

Looks good! Can't wait to see it in action.

Can't only bash JJP anymore for re-using themes and not having movie assets (I could really care less about movie assets, but I do prefer new themes to re-hashed themes).

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Sooooo....you'd rather have disjointed clusters of spot illustrations, rather than a focused design area detailing gameplay that is functional and easy to interpret.

I was thinking more like Ghostbusters style. Tons of seamless illustrations going on while having enough meaningful information. That map just covers so much of the playfield.. It's fine though. Gotta really see it in person anyway.

#566 4 years ago

Can someone state the name of the Lead Programmer on JP? I believe it's the same new guy that was the lead on Iron Maiden as well?

Iron Maiden has great rules & scoring, and from reading that JP rule card & studying the playfield, this game is going to give the player plenty of options on how to strategize & attack it. Capturing various dinos for special perks that last all game, building rescue streaks for different rewards & extra balls, build up jackpots shots, multiple different physical lock multiball modes, smart missile target rewards, 3 mini wizard & a final wizard mode. Looks like there's a lot to do on JP, kind of like a 90s pin. Sure beats the straightforward rinse & repeat, defeat this monster, defeat that monster, hit this lit ramp for the 200th time on BKSOR.

This guy is about to make my Stern short list (along with Lyman & Elwin) as the only people at Stern who gets my attention. What's his name?

#567 4 years ago

I 3d printed a Hammond cane. I can redesign it to cover the legs. Might be a fun mod. Thoughts?

20190723_112231 (resized).jpg20190723_112231 (resized).jpg20190723_112311 (resized).jpg20190723_112311 (resized).jpg
#568 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

This guy is about to make my Stern short list (along with Lyman & Elwin) as the only people at Stern who gets my attention. What's his name?

You know the rules are designed by Elwin, right? The programmer he works with just makes them a reality. But the name you're looking for is Rick Naegele.

#569 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I’m a little disappointed that I don’t see a T-Rex on a spring. I was really looking forward to 10 pages of bitching on that subject alone.
Have we figured out what’s horrible on this game yet? Who will be the first to say that they will never buy another NIB Stern because of the (fill in blank) on this game?
Has Kaneda declared he”s in on an LE yet? Has he declared he”s out on the LE yet?

It depends if he feels like he can make money on it.. he has said he is a speculator.

#570 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I have a NIB (JJP) Pirates for ya..

8k is the best I could do with the pf issues on that one.

#571 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Look at your own alien. It's unbelievable bc of the movie clips and integration.

It's also the perfect example of how you can take a theme & make it total immersive for the player when assets are omitted.

Remember the uproar? What no Sigorney Weaver! No "Get away from her you bitch" callout! Oh the humanity!! Instead they featured the Aliens themselves, much like they have done with the dinosaurs on JP. They managed to make a pretty immersive title & made good use of a licence without actors faces plastered all over the game. Yes Alien had movie clips, but how about we see how Stern decides to recreate the park/scenes via animations on the LCD before jumping down their throats. All they need is an animated Dennis Nedry popping up on there waiving his finger & screwing with the player. That's plenty.

#572 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You know the rules are designed by Elwin, right? The programmer he works with just makes them a reality. But the name you're looking for is Rick Naegele.

I did not realize that. All the more reason to love the work Elwin is doing.

#573 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

JJP also isn’t helping out the customers either from what I read last night.

#574 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Believe it or not, many are perfect. But 8k would be a good deal for sure!

#575 4 years ago

I'm thinking the Premium looks pretty excellent, but would love more info on the LE...

#576 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I did not realize that. All the more reason to love the work Elwin is doing.

if this game shoots/plays anywhere near iron maiden’s level i think it’s pretty safe to say that keith is likely the best hire george gomez has made in a long time.

no disrespect to any of the other folks of course.

#577 4 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

All in for Stern doing updates to DE games. BTTF next please!

Wonder what other DE games will get remade?

#578 4 years ago

I'm really enjoying the fact its not clips from the film and that its not going to be a mess of actors on the PF I would have preferred a little less of the happy green crap and more of a night in the park with raptors but its way too early. Lit up it could look amazing. Now gameplay

#579 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wonder what other DE games will get remade?

One can only hope. Oh man this is going to be my new avatar
Robocop-rated-X (resized).jpgRobocop-rated-X (resized).jpg

#580 4 years ago

I have 0 problems with this game... can't wait to flip it!

#581 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"THe wonder and awe" of CGI Dinosaurs cannot be compromised by shitty, original hand drawn art!!

Stop doing hand drawn art and give the people the Photoshop they demand!

#582 4 years ago

So this appears to actually have 4 ramps, right?

- T-Rex ramp, merges trails with:
- Raptor tower "1/2 pipe" ramp, ie the reverse-o style lift ramps like Stern POTC and WPT, and Alien.
- Right ramp, feeds spiral trail to upper flipper
- Far right "1/2 pipe" ramp, beneath upper flipper, also looks like the plunge hits this ramp and ends up in the right return lane/flipper.

I love those little 1/2 pipe ramps, super quick lift to the habitrail and coming back at ya.

#583 4 years ago

I can live with out the actors and the clips, I love the original and the art is terrible on it so I can give it a pass on the art choice, but the sound is the clincher for me. I need to hear the authentic Trex roar and Raptor scream. The dinosaur sound have to be legit and don't even get me started on the whole you can just do it yourself later thing.

#584 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Don't listen to Levi hes been drunk since yesterday.

#585 4 years ago

With that green area in the middle it looks just like Oktoberfest!

#586 4 years ago

Instruction card says:

"Traverse the map, rescuing park staff as well as recapturing the escaped dinosaurs from the chaos invoked by Dennis Hedry's Computer Virus"

Given that, I don't see where it would make sense to use much if any film footage, actor appearances, etc. You aren't "playing the movie", it is more like the player is the poor schmoe who has to clean up the park while all sh*t is breaking loose. I like this approach, gives more creative freedom to the design of the pin. Similar approach as Deadpool (not just basing it directly on the movies).

So either an exercise in getting creative freedom, or a side-effect of full video and audio rights being unobtainable/astronomical. Either way I think I prefer this kind of approach than the GotG soundalikes or JJP PotC random five seconds of video approach.

#587 4 years ago

no hi-res pics yet?

#588 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The dinosaur sound have to be legit and don't even get me started on the whole you can just do it yourself later thing.

you haven't even HEARD my dinosaur sounds yet! sheesh

#589 4 years ago

So is this the year of the trilogy? First bk3, now jp3, then elvira 3 rumored. Interesting. Looks fun!

#590 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Given that, I don't see where it would make sense to use much if any film footage, actor appearances, etc. ...I like this approach, gives more creative freedom to the design of the pin.

SW uses clips and it works perfectly, I also like that they can use another approach so it isn;t the same shit over and over.

#591 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

you haven't even HEARD my dinosaur sounds yet! sheesh

We are just shooting the breeze and talking about the pin. They say opinions are like assholes for a reason. Why are people so damn shook over other peoples feelings on a pin.

#592 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Are you not counting IMDN cause it has 4?

Yup. Love IMDN but 3 flippers should be more of the standard, not exception. Stern has not done a legit 3 flipper pro game since Star Trek.

#593 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The theme seems to be a winner

What theme?
Cartoon dinosaurs?

#594 4 years ago

Time for Bad LED Dino Mods!

(however if someone wants to do something quality, I have a nice collection of Dino Bones)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#595 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:SW uses clips and it works perfectly, I also like that they can use another approach so it isn;t the same shit over and over.

Quite right, plus certain themes without clips just wouldn't fly at all. I mean if they ever did Robocop and didn't have clips...... I'd still buy it

53a297bc97c4555cf0fc2a955222f030e0488f31 (resized).jpg53a297bc97c4555cf0fc2a955222f030e0488f31 (resized).jpg
#596 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Yup. Love IMDN but 3 flippers should be more of the standard, not exception.

Meh not every layout needs it. SR 2 flipper layout is a great one just like his 3 flipper.

Quoted from Hazoff:

Quite right, plus certain themes without clips just wouldn't fly at all. I mean if they ever did Robocop and didn't have clips...... I'd still buy it [quoted image]

I heard they're using clips form the TV show! Commander Cash will have his revenge!!

#597 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I’m not mad at the hand drawn art. It doesn't have the feel of Jurassic Park. Ghostbusters was amazing hand drawn art but it captured ghostbusters. This not so much. They drew a damn Jeep with a super charger sticking out the hood!

#598 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Instruction card says:
"Traverse the map, rescuing park staff as well as recapturing the escaped dinosaurs from the chaos invoked by Dennis Nedry's Computer Virus"

If the only character they include is Hedry (who’s prominently featured on the playfield) it’d be great if they hired the actor to narrate the game.

Just him taunting you from his computer lair as you traverse your way across the park.

#599 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Quite right, plus certain themes without clips just wouldn't fly at all. I mean if they ever did Robocop and didn't have clips...... I'd still buy it [quoted image]

I would be disappointed but I could live with out clips on Robocop but it would have to have the real voices for callouts. There are just too many amazing sound bites not to have them.

#600 4 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Ghostbusters was amazing hand drawn art but it captured ghostbusters. This not so much

Yeah I hope it can capture the greatness that was GB

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/12?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.