OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 73.
#501 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I agree art is the weak link. I wonder if you can use the DE translite for the new stern one? Or is DE much bigger....

Much bigger , I made a couple of these shadow box frames and had to remeasure everything for the Data East Translite.

AF4B095A-9A3F-48B6-9CE0-A4CAD2358414 (resized).jpegAF4B095A-9A3F-48B6-9CE0-A4CAD2358414 (resized).jpeg
#502 4 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Damn I hope it shoots good. I’m having a hard time wrapping my mind around the comic looking art! It works for GB or DP but JP always has a sense of wonder and awe! This magic of chaos. I just didn’t imagine fisher price monster trucks and dinosaurs! And if there really are no call outs........ I don’t know just can’t get around the art. It’s good but just not fitting of the theme

I think they did it right by NOT having actors faces plastered all over the playfield though. Watching with interest.

#503 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Isn't it weird the Star Wars got a comicon reveal but this didn't???????
How!?

If Stern announced this on a Thursday or Friday, it would be forgotten my the Marvel plans announced Saturday.

Giving info a week later, allowed breathing room and hype to occur. More center stage focus internet buzz wise.

#504 4 years ago

I like the premium artwork most. Curious to ramp flow and gameplay! Looks interesting regarding playfieldlayout.

#505 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

This at first glance looks about 100X better than the original...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

They are clearly taking inspiration from the original art. The one thing that everyone agrees on the original is the art is shit. Why pay homage to the worst thing on the original pin.

#506 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I own both the JP pins already, is it so wrong to want a modern Stern JP pin with the sights and sounds of the movie.

As a HUGE JP fan I say no - gimme as many as you can ha. Not to derail this thread but are the rules as bad on Lost World as I've heard? I actually like a lot of the Sega games and obviously would love to have a Lost World next to my JP, but haven't really heard much positive about it...

#507 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

As a HUGE JP fan I say no - gimme as many as you can ha. Not to derail this thread but are the rules as bad on Lost World as I've heard? I actually like a lot of the Sega games and obviously would love to have a Lost World next to my JP, but haven't really heard much positive about it...

Lost World is a terrible game.

Both of them!

#508 4 years ago

My expectations were here....

48D367D1-C0E4-4872-8780-715CD8468A0A (resized).png48D367D1-C0E4-4872-8780-715CD8468A0A (resized).png
#509 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I own both the JP pins already, is it so wrong to want a modern Stern JP pin with the sights and sounds of the movie.

"I just can't get my head around a JP with out some of the classic JP shots." I took this to mean the physical playfield shots... Did you mean shots, as in, video shots? i.e. on the display and nothing to do with the layout. If so, then disregard my post because that's what I was talking about.

At least you get the John William's soundtrack on the STERN in decent audio...

#510 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

I think they did it right by NOT having actors faces plastered all over the playfield though. Watching with interest.

I know a few people who were looking forward to what they call “hot dog fingers” on the data east playfield

#511 4 years ago

The Data East translite artwork is hard to beat. Pretty cool to have a new Jurassic Park! Way to go Stern! Now I just want a BTTF and my Ghostbusters code!

#512 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lost World is a terrible game.
Both of them!

How dare you say that Levi during pinburgh you need to stop by my place and play dollar games on my Sega JP and DE JP lol.

#513 4 years ago

Would have been cool to have a captive ball that is clear amber with a mosquito in it. Looks like a homer for stern with a great theme that spans some generations now, will have epic music and a packed layout that looks like it will have some flow and tons to do. As a pinball guy with kids I don't know how I cannot get one. Bravo Stern. Of course it could be a total brickfest with QC issues but that could never happen.

#514 4 years ago

3 flippers, great theme, Audio clips can be added , it has the theme song, layout looks fantastic and it’s a Stern.I find Stern games more “fun”. I’m in on an LE.

#515 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I grabbed mine because it's cheap and Greg Bone talked how good it was. It's great I totally enjoy it and always go back for more. The rule set is not super deep or anything and I never play it for points. You just keep trying to work your way through it and its tough. There are lots of modes but they are all kinda the same make the shots to start the mode and make the shots to work your way through. Its full featured, shaker, magnets, multiple toys, you cant go wrong for the price.

#516 4 years ago

I noticed Kawhi Leonard is missing from the artwork.

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

How dare you say that Levi during pinburgh you need to stop by my place and play dollar games on my Sega JP and DE JP lol.

Only if you pick up both Ballys as well!

#518 4 years ago

Maybe I am not seeing it, but the Trex head doesn’t look like it’s at the right angle to eat a ball.

#519 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

"I just can't get my head around a JP with out some of the classic JP shots." I took this to mean the physical playfield shots... Did you mean shots, as in, video shots? i.e. on the display and nothing to do with the layout. If so, then disregard my post because that's what I was talking about.
At least you get the John William's soundtrack on the STERN in decent audio...

I meant the iconic shots in the movie, sorry I should have said scenes. I meant the shots of Trex in the rain and the falling banner. "Clever Girl", the girl falling through the roof. The moments from the movie are epic and the heart of the nostalgia.

#520 4 years ago

Does anyone have a good understanding of the truck functionality? Looks like it spins to point toward map directions, but it appears to have a pair of captive balls (trucknutz?? Lol) below it that also rotate in some manner? Either way, how is the rotation of the truck controlled/triggered?

Do I see a magnet in the raptor pen? Bet that is missing on the Pro too...

#521 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Maybe I am not seeing it, but the Trex head doesn’t look like it’s at the right angle to eat a ball.

Can anyone confirm a ball being eaten?

#522 4 years ago

I am a huge JP fan. Not a fan of this artwork. Looking forward to playing it.

#523 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Looks like it moves down to block the ramp and nom nom nom.

#524 4 years ago

Hmm.

Will this debut to play next week at ReplaxFX/Pinburgh...?

#525 4 years ago

This game totally makes up the whole bait and switch they pulled with the SW home pin release.

#526 4 years ago

Even though I’m turned off by the art I just put my pre order in at Flip N Out. Lol. It’s still JP and Kieth looks to have done a great job on his end! So we shall see. Hoping it’s better in person

#527 4 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Even though I’m turned off by the art I just put my pre order in at Flip N Out. Lol. It’s still JP and Kieth looks to have done a great job on his end! So we shall see. Hoping it’s better in person

Pro?

#528 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I meant the iconic shots in the movie, sorry I should have said scenes. I meant the shots of Trex in the rain and the falling banner. "Clever Girl", the girl falling through the roof. The moments from the movie are epic and the heart of the nostalgia.

Lol, ok, that makes more sense. I should have read your post more thoroughly. Yeah, those scenes would have been pretty fun to see and hear. Might have been funny to have the match sequence where the T-Rex eats the guy sitting on the toilet and the match numbers in the bowl!

I have a 6 year old that's infatuated with dinosaurs and with or without the original movie content, he's going to be blown away by this game. I almost bought a DE JP so we could have a dinosaur themed pin in the line-up but just couldn't get over how poorly done the artwork was and how repetitive the actual game is. For me, this new art package is a step in the right direction and quite a few notches up from the DE art package. From what I read on the instruction card it seems like the game play is going to be light-years ahead as well. Regardless, I'll have one super duper excited kid when he gets to see this new game.

#529 4 years ago

It looks like the Trex maybe eats the ball on the ramp and pukes it into the wire form???

#530 4 years ago

Looks really packed for a Stern! That is great to see.

#531 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

This game totally makes up the whole bait and switch they pulled with the SW home pin release.

Yeah that was one of the worst things that's ever happened.

#532 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

It looks like the Trex maybe eats the ball on the ramp and pukes it into the wire form???

Yeah. Either that or it will rip it off the wire form? Maybe both lol.

In on a premium either way.

#533 4 years ago

I like that Isla Nublar shows modes, and helps allow a focal point, away from tons of spot illustrations. Good design work there, and easy for eyes to focus and acquire information quickly. Very smart aesthetic!

#534 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I thank God every morning we all survived the four days between game announcements, it was touch and go for a while there but we did it!

#535 4 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

I thank God every morning we all survived the four days between game announcements, it was touch and go for a while there but we did it!

we may have lost a few along the way but we did it

#536 4 years ago

Yeah and if it’s better in person and shoots good I’ll go up to the premium

#537 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I grabbed mine because it's cheap and Greg Bone talked how good it was. It's great I totally enjoy it and always go back for more. The rule set is not super deep or anything and I never play it for points. You just keep trying to work your way through it and its tough. There are lots of modes but they are all kinda the same make the shots to start the mode and make the shots to work your way through. Its full featured, shaker, magnets, multiple toys, you cant go wrong for the price.

I love it too, and Darscot's colordmd looks great in it!

#538 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I will miss sausage fingers!

Don;t worry, someone will make a mod for it.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Macho Grande? No...I don't think I'll ever get over Macho Grande

#539 4 years ago

just a reminder... If anyone needs to clear space or raise funds, I am always looking for oddballs and classic games to add to the collection.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sell-me-a-game-i-can-pick-up-at-pinburgh#post-5108715

#540 4 years ago

Why did I pay for stern insider when I just get info here ? And I still didn’t get my shirt yet!

#541 4 years ago

I’m a little disappointed that I don’t see a T-Rex on a spring. I was really looking forward to 10 pages of bitching on that subject alone.

Have we figured out what’s horrible on this game yet? Who will be the first to say that they will never buy another NIB Stern because of the (fill in blank) on this game?

Has Kaneda declared he”s in on an LE yet? Has he declared he”s out on the LE yet?

#542 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I’m a little disappointed that I don’t see a T-Rex on a spring. I was really looking forward to 10 pages of bitching on that subject alone.
Have we figured out what’s horrible on this game yet? Who will be the first to say that they will never buy another NIB Stern because of the (fill in blank) on this game?
Has Kaneda declared he”s in on an LE yet? Has he declared he”s out on the LE yet?

Stern's brilliant strategy was to get all of the bitching out of the way last week with the Star Wars HE.

#543 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Well the big ugly looking map covering much of the middle of the playfield, while i'm sure functional for the game isn't that nice to look at from the crappy low res images. I'd rather see some more illustration type stuff integrated. I'm sure everyone is going to go bonkers once they see what they do with the video and audio... Other than that, looks so packed in the upper half of the game. I'm sure it shoots like a dream. Can't wait.

#544 4 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Well the big ugly looking map covering much of the middle of the playfield, while i'm sure functional for the game isn't that nice to look at from the crappy low res images. I'd rather see some more illustration type stuff integrated. I'm sure everyone is going to go bonkers once they see what they do with the video and audio... Other than that, looks so packed in the upper half of the game. I'm sure it shoots like a dream. Can't wait.

Map look is a big throwback to DE version. I'm surprised that went DE 2.0 on the look of the pf but I'm not complaining as I have good memories of that game.

#545 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Exactly. I call bullshit!

LOL

#546 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The moments from the movie are epic and the heart of the nostalgia.

I know this site is full of old men, but does everything have to be nostalgic, pre-chewed, and a "remember when?" moment? The entire game is one giant nostalgic throwback to the Data East already, that's not enough for you ? You need to literally watch the same scenes over and over?

After it's properly revealed I'm sure people will have plenty to say. I'm much more curious about the game after hearing it won't have a bunch of boring movie clips, gives me hope this is actually going to be a product of some creativity. The less it apes the exact film stuff the better as far as I'm concerned, but I guess we'll see.

#547 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I know this site is full of old men, but does everything have to be nostalgic, pre-chewed, and a "remember when?" moment? The entire game is one giant nostalgic throwback to the Data East already, that's not enough for you ? You need to literally watch the same scenes over and over?
After it's properly revealed I'm sure people will have plenty to say. I'm much more curious about the game after hearing it won't have a bunch of boring movie clips, gives me hope this is actually going to be a product of some creativity. The less it apes the exact film stuff the better as far as I'm concerned, but I guess we'll see.

"THe wonder and awe" of CGI Dinosaurs cannot be compromised by shitty, original hand drawn art!!

#548 4 years ago

I can not help it, the colors, ramps scream Oktoberfest...sorry.

#549 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I can not help it, the colors, ramps scream Oktoberfest...sorry.

I thought the exact same thing!

#550 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What? Taking iconic scenes from the movie is exactly what would be perfect. Yes that's what we wanted to see and yes it's always better to have the movie clips in there to relive the classic. I much rather trust speilberg's classic telling of JP then some engineer at Stern. Look at what Joe did at JJP to Willy Wonka completely crippling what is an amazing film bc he decides to reimagine it in his own view and completely destroy the integration of the film.

Look at your own alien. It's unbelievable bc of the movie clips and integration.

That being said, I'm interested to see what this looks like on the LCD but overall the package looks great from Stern and super excited to see more but we would all love the clips and audio. Good news is that can be injected via pinbrowser.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.