OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 73.
#451 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Which art work is the best. My thoughts:
LE
Pro
Premium

Same

#452 4 years ago

I'm loving the art myself...GB might get moved off the end of my pin row for this one.

#453 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I agree art is the weak link. I wonder if you can use the DE translite for the new stern one? Or is DE much bigger....

By about a foot.

#454 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Are you 100% on this? If so how do you not get the prem or le. That means longer wait time. Damn

It looks like it MIGHT still open it's mouth? But not sure. Definitely won't look back and forth though.

Honestly I am STOKED at the pics. Movie sounds can be added and my hat is off to stern for making the decision to spend money on the playfield instead of licensed movie sounds, knowing full well that their code is "open" and can be modified by anyone to add in any sounds we so desire!

#455 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I think I prefer the premium with the Raptors in the kitchen and no monster trucks.

Agreed.

#456 4 years ago

It's the premium translite that I just can't stand....side is nice

#457 4 years ago

This thing looks balls to the walls packed....wow.

#458 4 years ago

Not complaining at all. I do like the art but it does look a little "kidish". Cant wait to see the gameplay. Will def be a big seller for Stern.

#459 4 years ago

It appears to me that the premium and LE also have a drop target bank in front of the raptor cage, similar to AFM, that drops down and allows you to then hit the inside.

#460 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's the premium translite that I just can't stand....side is nice

Couldn't agree more. Premium translite has me strongly considering an LE.

#461 4 years ago

I hope the t-rex is interactive on the pro. Stern pro pricing is pretty much my price cap on games.

#462 4 years ago

People complaining about the art should wait until High Res photos are released. Everyone just chill down until then.

#463 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I hope the t-rex is interactive on the pro. Stern pro pricing is pretty much my price cap on games.

If stern pro has the trex eating the ball, I'm back to considering the pro but if it's just there for show, it's completely out.

#464 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

It's not. You have to go Prem and Up for the Trex Toy eating the ball.

#465 4 years ago

Digging on how it looks like the right ramp corkscrews to the orbit and then ends, perhaps setting up the upper flipper shot.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Shrek
Monster vs Aliens
How to Train your Dragon
Megamind
Captain Underpants
Boss Baby
I would counter saying that my son (and i) LOVE some DreamWorks titles. You just conveniently left them out.

Didn't conveniently leave anything out since it's a well known internet meme. Google Pixar vs. Dreamworks and select Images. Also, Shrek is annoying (the donkey is in the meme BTW), and I want to claw at my ears after watch HTTYD and hearing that kid speak out of the side of his mouth for 90 minutes.

#466 4 years ago

I just can't get my head around a JP with out some of the classic JP shots. If they can cartoon it and have the exact shots and sound it would be ok. If all of that is lost from the pin than I'm out.

#468 4 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Damn I hope it shoots good. I’m having a hard time wrapping my mind around the comic looking art! It works for GB or DP but JP always has a sense of wonder and awe! This magic of chaos. I just didn’t imagine fisher price monster trucks and dinosaurs! And if there really are no call outs........ I don’t know just can’t get around the art. It’s good but just not fitting of the theme

We havent seen enough yet.

But my first worry is the same. I think it looks like the potential is there. But if they make this very PG, the fisher price toyness of the artwork i fear is going to come out too much. But i dont see Keith letting his game go in that direction. So im reserving judgement and maintaining my excitement. But i do see what you are talking about.

Just picture this. I cant imagine they didnt do this. But Trex Multiball or mode start up with that head breaking out of the back panel. Lights go out in the machine and strobe affects on the TRex as he turns his head back and forth and roars. !!

#470 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I agree art is the weak link. I wonder if you can use the DE translite for the new stern one? Or is DE much bigger....

Going to damn sure try ha ha! I mean who thought the hyped up Jeep was good. My thing is they used the JP logo and then created their own world and assets. I just don’t get that. It removes the nostalgiala. I’m good if they made it more animated but don’t do a Jeep that appears to have a super charger poking out of the hood!!!!!!! And exaggerated tires.

#471 4 years ago

So...ummm...anyone want to play one of these things before you buy?

#472 4 years ago

Looks like they had some lifeguard huts left over form Baywatch

Quoted from Crile1:

Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't.

#473 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I'm going premium and they'll build these things for a year at least if successful. I'll hold on to my money and hope they bring plenty of games to Expo.

#474 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

People complaining about the art should wait until High Res photos are released. Everyone just chill down until then.

I'm not sure people are flipping out - just commenting on what is great and what appears weak.

#475 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Where is the fun in that?

#476 4 years ago

"BUT WHERE IS THE WONDER?!"

#477 4 years ago

Isn't it weird the Star Wars got a comicon reveal but this didn't???????

How!?

#478 4 years ago

Looking forward to seeing more, but at the first glance, this could be the best Stern in years.

Keith is a beast.

#480 4 years ago

Where can I put a deposit on an LE one?

#481 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Isn't it weird the Star Wars got a comicon reveal but this didn't???????
How!?

you dont need comicon to sell to us pinball nerds

#482 4 years ago

In Keith we trust!

#483 4 years ago

They are clearly trying to follow the Data East and do like a 2.0 but seriously Stern there was no reason to follow the shit art on the original.

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I just can't get my head around a JP with out some of the classic JP shots. If they can cartoon it and have the exact shots and sound it would be ok. If all of that is lost from the pin than I'm out.

This is confusing to me. If you want a JP pin with classic JP shots, then why not buy a Data East JP. Why would STERN spend the time and money to rehash parts an existing design and then always be criticized for ripping off the original JP?

As is, there are still a fair amount of similarities: large T-Rex head on the upper left, an upper right flipper that shoots an orbit around, some kind of comm's center or something on the left instead of the two large scoops...

#485 4 years ago

Funny, I saw this sketch after a meeting and told my coworkers that Jurassic world might be announcing today!

358B6D6F-2055-45C3-8532-54FC9852289B (resized).jpeg358B6D6F-2055-45C3-8532-54FC9852289B (resized).jpeg
#486 4 years ago

can someone figure out what the Premium has (game feature) that is not on the pro?

#487 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

can someone figure out what the Premium has (game feature) that is not on the pro?

Moving T-rex? Pro looks static.
Premium also looks like it has a spinner on the left orbit and there's something down towards the bottom right that looks different in both versions.

#488 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks like the raptor on the Premium also has a bank that raises up and down in front if the shot.

#489 4 years ago

butyrate?

#490 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

This is confusing to me. If you want a JP pin with classic JP shots, then why not buy a Data East JP. Why would STERN spend the time and money to rehash parts an existing design and then always be criticized for ripping off the original JP?
As is, there are still a fair amount of similarities: large T-Rex head on the upper left, an upper right flipper that shoots an orbit around, some kind of comm's center or something on the left instead of the two large scoops...

Actually Jurassic Park DE is a rip off of Williams Whirlwind layout.

#491 4 years ago

Ok, guys, game looks incredible but not get distracted by that.

Back to pinside roots!

Complete that sentence:

Sterns Jurassic Park is shit, because...

#492 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It appears to me

Raptor cage with droping drop bank in front of it.

Also it appears the Left in lane has something different there. Ball locking post or stop.

Helicoptor blades. Pop bumpers are different

Trex Head moves. But both versions may eat the ball.

#493 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Ok, guys, game looks incredible but not get distracted by that.
Back to pinside roots!
Complete that sentence:
Sterns Jurassic Park is shit, because...

It is awesome!!!

#494 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Moving T-rex, something with the Jeep? (listed as "simple" on the Pro features), motorized bank in front of Raptor, lots of flat plastics vs. 3D items, spinning helicopter blades.

#495 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

there was no reason to follow the shit art on the original.

This at first glance looks about 100X better than the original...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#496 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

This at first glance looks about 100X better than the original...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I will miss sausage fingers!

#497 4 years ago

The pro looks like a banging value packed for on location.. I prefer the art on the LE the best... not sure if that justifies a 1500 price difference / for green rails / alt art.

#498 4 years ago

Looks great and I like all the nostalgic gameplay rules and call backs to the Data East JP. This is very well done and if it shoots like IM it will be a great flowing game. Art package on the LE looks the best, but I think every model looks good. This game looks fun! I also like the post that holds the ball by the left flipper, I assume this pops up when smart missile is ready and you use the lock-down button to fire. This would be cool if there was a call back to the DE raptor skill shot. The rules also sound really fun capturing dino’s each with individual perks. Was really happy to see CHAOS back : )

Borg must have liked seeing this game come together with all the callbacks to the old game.

Well done Stern and congrats to the team that put this together.

#499 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I own both the JP pins already, is it so wrong to want a modern Stern JP pin with the sights and sounds of the movie.

#500 4 years ago

Looks freakin packed, can't wait to see and hear it shoot

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/10?hl=hollywoodbone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.